What's new

How Scientology is Tom Cruise? How he put ethics ‘ruthlessly’ in on his own family

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
From Tony Ortega by Aron Smith-Levin

snip:

What makes this story a bit different than other stories where the Church has broken apart or separated families, is that this was not done by the Church. It was Tom Cruise who personally decided his young niece should be sent away from her own mother to live with strange families on the other side of the country.

We have heard stories of Tom taking on the brutal personality of David Miscavige. This is an example of the toll that has taken within Tom’s own family.

— Aaron Smith-Levin

http://tonyortega.org/2015/07/22/ho...e-put-ethics-ruthlessly-in-to-his-own-family/

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
Re: How Scientology is Tom Cruise? How he put ethics ‘ruthlessly’ in on his own famil

Makes you wonder...

Did Scientology/Lafayette make him that way? Or is he that way by himself?

And if that is how he is, or any scientologist, maybe that's the attraction, to be an exclusive judging elitist, trying to lord over others lives?

He makes movies like eyes wide shut and does this?

Contradictory douchebagery

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: How Scientology is Tom Cruise? How he put ethics ‘ruthlessly’ in on his own famil

Makes you wonder...

Did Scientology/Lafayette make him that way? Or is he that way by himself?

And if that is how he is, or any scientologist, maybe that's the attraction, to be an exclusive judging elitist, trying to lord over others lives?

He makes movies like eyes wide shut and does this?

Contradictory douchebagery
I think he is probably a born sociopath but his Scientologist role playing makes him more harmful to others. Ditto for his best friend, David Miscavige.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

In today's Sun On Sunday newspaper in the UK there is a two-page spread about Tom Cruise's stepfather dying and Tom being at a party 100 miles away at the time.

The point of the article is that his stepfather was the one who funded Tom to pursue his movie career but the family was eventually split up because of Scientology.

I can't find an online reference to the article and it's a bit lame anyway to be honest but at least they're not afraid to publicise the Scientology disconnection policy.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

In today's Sun On Sunday newspaper in the UK there is a two-page spread about Tom Cruise's stepfather dying and Tom being at a party 100 miles away at the time.

The point of the article is that his stepfather was the one who funded Tom to pursue his movie career but the family was eventually split up because of Scientology.

I can't find an online reference to the article and it's a bit lame anyway to be honest but at least they're not afraid to publicise the Scientology disconnection policy.

The media is definitely getting bolder about reporting on scientology.

But please don't make me buy The Sun. :eyeroll:

Winnipegger

I can only conclude that Tom Cruise is so deeply hooked by Miscavage that there's no hope in hell of him getting out.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious

I can only conclude that Tom Cruise is so deeply hooked by Miscavage that there's no hope in hell of him getting out.

Seems to me that he's spending an awful lot of time overseas as well. There doesn't seem to be the attention on the cult over there as there is here. And the fact that he's selling his Telluride mansion makes me believe he may start spending more time overseas than here. Fine with me!

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Welcome Winnie!

I certainly wouldn't spend a lot of time trying to get him out.