What's new

How Scientology Spied on Tom Cruise - Village Voice

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Tom Cruise spied on by top assistant

... I wonder if these opposing sentiments are compatible?

Hell no!
But it would be most ungrateful to turn down joy when life offers it.

Accept it gracefully and thank the universe for such bountiful offerings.:yes:

Ooh, ow, Village Voice. Ouchie, ouchie for little Davie! That will hurt a lot.

On a separate note, the more Mike and Marty deliver the like, the more my attitude to this terrible duo will soften.

This is something of a moral conflict for me at the moment, not from any particular search for spiritual or religious healing but rather as a part of some academic work that I am presently engaged in, I am reading extracts from the reported Buddhist dialogues and the conversations and works of St. Francis of Assisi. These are texts rich in the ideas of letting go, of forgiving of love for humanity and nature. As an atheist studying the humanities I find the texts beautiful and joyfully humbling. I find myself fully in tune with sentiments these sages express. Yet, I am taking quite some gloating pleasure in any discomfort suffered by that little dictator and his henchmen. I wonder if these opposing sentiments are compatible?

Accept your own gloating pleasure in the discomfort suffered by the little dictator and his henchmen without judging it. Don't resist it. It is what is. :):biggrin:

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
What the Village Voice considers big news is pretty normal in Scieno world. In fact, it's hard to imagine that Tom Cruise didn't have anyone reporting in to Miscavage on a frequent basis.

It's not surprising that Cruise's every move was reported on by a Scieno confidant, what should be surprising is the acceptance that an average Scientologist has for that type of behavior. Personal boundaries in Scientology are regularly violated.

Sindy

Crusader

Ooh, ow, Village Voice. Ouchie, ouchie for little Davie! That will hurt a lot.

On a separate note, the more Mike and Marty deliver the like, the more my attitude to this terrible duo will soften.

This is something of a moral conflict for me at the moment, not from any particular search for spiritual or religious healing but rather as a part of some academic work that I am presently engaged in, I am reading extracts from the reported Buddhist dialogues and the conversations and works of St. Francis of Assisi. These are texts rich in the ideas of letting go, of forgiving of love for humanity and nature. As an atheist studying the humanities I find the texts beautiful and joyfully humbling. I find myself fully in tune with sentiments these sages express. Yet, I am taking quite some gloating pleasure in any discomfort suffered by that little dictator and his henchmen. I wonder if these opposing sentiments are compatible?

Of course they are compatible or you would not be able to experience them both at the same time. :) Love, joy, beauty, kindness...they are all so much brighter up against the darkness. :love2: