What's new

How Scientology Traps You Into "Keeping Scientology Working"

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
its-a-trap-750x420.jpg

Point #3 of Keeping Scientology Working (KSW, for short) is, “knowing it is correct.” To me that sounds a lot like taking it on faith. Or going into it with a sort of confirmation bias. In KSW, the old man said to apply it and observe that it works that way. He didn’t say try it and see whether or not it works. In fact, he frowned upon such an “open-minded” approach....

(read more)

Reactions: Gib

Gib

Crusader
its-a-trap-750x420.jpg

Point #3 of Keeping Scientology Working (KSW, for short) is, “knowing it is correct.” To me that sounds a lot like taking it on faith. Or going into it with a sort of confirmation bias. In KSW, the old man said to apply it and observe that it works that way. He didn’t say try it and see whether or not it works. In fact, he frowned upon such an “open-minded” approach....

(read more)
once one latched onto hubbards rhetoric, it certainly was a trap.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
IMO, it's more like "I liked the Comm Course" or "I felt good after some auditing" THEREFORE all claims that Hubbard made about the "Reactive Mind" (e.g. DMSMH) or his notions of spirituality must be correct.

Then they are mentally trapped in "the tech" even after they leave the official Church of Scientology.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
IMO, it's more like "I liked the Comm Course" or "I felt good after some auditing" THEREFORE all claims that Hubbard made about the "Reactive Mind" (e.g. DMSMH) or his notions of spirituality must be correct.

Then they are mentally trapped in "the tech" even after they leave the official Church of Scientology.
I never did the comm course, but did do a free book 1 session from the dianetics book after reading it.

In my first session I cried in front of the auditor, my thoughts at the time was I had a emotional release, and subsequently I bought more auditing thinking hubbard was right and I could go clear.