What's new

How the church will try to handle Marty Rathbun

flashgordon

Patron with Honors
How do I know?

Because I know LRH policy for dealing with attackers of the church.

Marty Rathbun is one of David Miscavige's and the church of scientology's main enemies at this time.

Why? Because he left, he knows what went on at the church's International headquarters and he was high up near the top. Not only that but he has gone to the media and spoke out, the biggest no no in the church.

Now he is church enemy number 1.

Per LRH policy, David Miscavige's goals is to: "get the subject off me and the church of scientology and onto the attacker".

Who's the attacker in this case?

Marty Rathbun.

So of course OSA is going to try as hard as they can to get the subject off David Miscavige and onto Marty Rathbun.

When you listen to Tommy Davis attack Marty Rathbun in his interviews with the media, you see a perfect example of this policy being run.

Where ever you see these types of attacks on Marty Rathbun's credablity occuring, you are seeing another instance of this policy being run.

Last edited:

Mystic

Crusader
How do I know?

Because I know LRH policy for dealing with attackers of the church.

Marty Rathbun is one of David Miscavige's and the church of scientology's main enemies at this time.

Why? Because he left, he knows what went on at the church's International headquarters and he was high up near the top. Not only that but he has gone to the media and spoke out, the biggest no no in the church.

Now he is church enemy number 1.

Per LRH policy, David Miscavige's goals is to: "get the subject off me and the church of scientology and onto the attacker".

Who's the attacker in this case?

Marty Rathbun.

So of course OSA is going to try as hard as they can to get the subject off David Miscavige and onto Marty Rathbun.

When you listen to Tommy Davis attack Marty Rathbun in his interviews with the media, you see a perfect example of this policy being run.

Where ever you see these types of attacks on Marty Rathbun's credablity occuring, you are seeing another instance of this policy being run.

Funny little Hubbard policies. They do not apply or work very well in a free world. And I see no evidence the Rathbun-Miscavige game isn't a setup. I see no evidence their game isn't a back-alley setup. And if they are actually "attacking" one another, so be it. Little insignificant predator combatants growling and snarling at one another.

Here, have a cold beer.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Funny little Hubbard policies. They do not apply or work very well in a free world. And I see no evidence the Rathbun-Miscavige game isn't a setup. I see no evidence their game isn't a back-alley setup. And if they are actually "attacking" one another, so be it. Little insignificant predator combatants growling and snarling at one another.

Here, have a cold beer.

They are both certainly working on enhancing the repute of psycho Ron!

It is very funny to watch them attacking each other from their little "acceptable truth" pedestals!

everfree

Patron Meritorious
The only time they do work is when people don't realize that they are being used.

True enough, which is why following Hubbard's time honored tradition of stifling criticism and dissent by Black PRing the critics isn't going to work here.
These attempts really reflect poorly on Marty, who has enough trouble as it is I'm sure. Are you doing this at his request? Does he know you're doing this?

Does Marc know you've been using his name to attempt to stifle criticism?

flashgordon

Patron with Honors
Funny little Hubbard policies. They do not apply or work very well in a free world.

The basis of the policy is to attack the attacker.

Are you saying that attacking someone does not work?

People have been attacking each other for thousands of years and I assure you, attacking someone works.

The policy works alot better if:

1. You don't know the policy is being run.

and

2. You don't know who's running it.

My goal is to help people to recognize when it is being run, the rest they can figure out for themselves.

flashgordon

Patron with Honors
True enough, which is why following Hubbard's time honored tradition of stifling criticism and dissent by Black PRing the critics isn't going to work here.

The main critic and enemy of the church of scientology that is being Black PR'rd is Marty Rathbun and it's mainly been Zinj who's been doing the Black PRing.

flashgordon

Patron with Honors
Per that policy, their goal is to cast doubt onto him and try to destroy his credability. This is just what Tommy Davis tried to do in his interviews with the media.

Go to the audio and trascripts of what Tommy Davis said when he was giving the church of scientology's response to what Marty Rathbun had stated to the St. Petersburg Times.

If you look at what Tommy Davis said in his interviews about Marty Rathbun, you will see a perfect example of this.

Spirited

Patron with Honors
tommy Davis attacking marty may impinge on scios but I dont think it will put a dent into the public perception of scientology. It wont make them think marty is a bad guy. way too many horror stories outweighing the pro scientology ones in the media.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Per that policy, their goal is to cast doubt onto him and try to destroy his credability. This is just what Tommy Davis tried to do in his interviews with the media.

Go to the audio and trascripts of what Tommy Davis said when he was giving the church of scientology's response to what Marty Rathbun had stated to the St. Petersburg Times.

If you look at what Tommy Davis said in his interviews about Marty Rathbun, you will see a perfect example of this.
So THAT's what they do!!!

Unbelievably insightful, Flash!

Now - who wrote those policies demanding that Scientologists do whatever they can to discredit whoever speaks out??

David Miscavidge, or L Ron Hubbard?

Tick tock, Flash!

Tick Tock!

flashgordon

Patron with Honors
tommy Davis attacking marty may impinge on scios but I dont think it will put a dent into the public perception of scientology. It wont make them think marty is a bad guy.

I agree that Tommy Davis's attempts at running this policy against Marty Rathbun is going to have very limited success.

One of the main reasons Tommy's running of this policy has a limited effect is because we know that Tommy Davis is a scientologist and that he represents the church of scientology, who is the target of Marty Rathbuns criticism. So most people expect this kind of response from the church's spokesperson.

The problem that I'm seeing is that he's not the only one running this policy on Marty Rathbun. It seems Tommy Davis has help in the field.

But the question is this: What if this same policy is run by individuals, who most people believe to be critics of the church?

What impact would that have?

Div6

Crusader
SUPPRESS
1. To squash, to sit on, to make smaller, to refuse to let reach, to make uncertain about his reaching, to render or lessen in any way possible by any means possible. To the harm of the individual and for the fancied protection of a suppressor.

Why does the CoS try to SUPPRESS free speech?

By their own Creed they affirm:

"That all men have inalienable rights to think freely, to talk freely, to write freely their own opinions and to counter or utter or write upon the opinions of others; "

So either they are not REAL scientologists, or they covertly do not agree with LRH, or they are individually suppressive, or they are ALL OF THE ABOVE.

skydog

Patron Meritorious
Unfortunately for DM, his worst enemy is not Mark Rathbun, Mike Rinder or any of the other high level executives that have left. His biggest problem is some poor anonymous schmuck that has been living is squalor as he eats a diet of rice and beans.

Sooner of later, even those panty-waists over at the D.O.J. are going to say enough is enough and indict this organization, Miscavige, Davis, and anyone else left in the bunker. It will be the poor unfortunate nameless souls that a RICO case will be based on, not the testimony of admitted liars like Rathbun and Rinder. Their testimony will be used to substantiate and corroborate the details of this abuse. Like a typical mob lawyer, Moxon will ruthlessly attack these former high ranking officials as thugs, liars, cheats, and scoundrels. These attacks will only lend credence to the stories being told by true victims of this obnoxious cult.

Any jury will be justly offended at the typical scientology attacks on these dedicated individuals with such "high crimes" as adultery (not relevant), not wearing one's hat (WTF), and other "thought crimes" (only penalized within scientology). As far as other "high crimes", does Miscavige think for one minute that a jury will hold the theft of small items like cigarettes and toiletries against these souls that have been living on less than $50.00 a week while his gourmet chefs prepare his nutritionally balanced yet tasty meals that he carefully eats to avoid spilling on his tailored suits and $500 egyptian cotton shirts?

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
Moxon

I was at Flag when Carla Moxon was being scraped off the floor, after her daughter was electrocuted at Int. My wife and I had lunch with her. Rick Moxon is doing their dirty work, even after they allowed his daughter to die in that hole. If you could see what a real crew does safety wise before approaching a live high voltage vault, you would be impressed. Insulated gloves, special ladders, special boots, making damn sure it's turned OFF first. They did not get the real story on what happened to their daughter. They got an acceptable lie that made the CofS not responsible. Now, Rick leaving would be a great thing and welcome news. He knows some shit, believe me.

everfree

Patron Meritorious
The main critic and enemy of the church of scientology that is being Black PR'rd is Marty Rathbun and it's mainly been Zinj who's been doing the Black PRing.

Ah, you've found a "who" who's opinions you'd like to stifle through your black pr campaign. But wasn't it Mick who started a huge thread about his low opinion of Marty? Which incidently was posted to the martyzone by persons yet to be discovered - hey, you wouldn't know anything about that would you? Perhaps playing both sides of this game?

Trying to stop the spread of negative opinion of Marty by simply coming after Zinj isn't going to do much good for the simple fact that there are so many valid reasons to have a low opinion of Marty, until such a time that he comes fully clean and has made reparations as much as he can.

Even then, given the number of horrifying things he has done and the number of people he has hurt, he'll never win everyone over but at least it will die down here on the natterboards. Your energy would be better spent urging Marty to do so rather than argue that Zinj is OSA.

I'm glad Marty's made steps but there's a long ways to go.

You've not answered my questions. Does Marty know you're running this op? Does Marc know you are using his name to attack Zinj?

flashgordon

Patron with Honors
Ah, you've found a "who" who's opinions you'd like to stifle through your black pr campaign.

Why are you trying to take the attention off the fact that Zinj is running a black PR campaign against Marty Rathbun and now onto false accusations of me?

More attack the attacker? Or in my case, attack the messenger.

Veda

Sponsor
SUPPRESS
1. To squash, to sit on, to make smaller, to refuse to let reach, to make uncertain about his reaching, to render or lessen in any way possible by any means possible. To the harm of the individual and for the fancied protection of a suppressor.

Why does the CoS try to SUPPRESS free speech?

Because L. Ron Hubbard tried to suppress free speech, and issued detailed instructions ("tech") as to how that should be done.

By their own Creed they affirm:

"That all men have inalienable rights to think freely, to talk freely, to write freely their own opinions and to counter or utter or write upon the opinions of others; "

So either they are not REAL scientologists, or they covertly do not agree with LRH, or they are individually suppressive, or they are ALL OF THE ABOVE.

The 'Creed' of Scientology is PR; it is not policy of any kind, not even PR strata (for display purposes) 'policy'. It was written in conjunction with the implementation of what L. Ron Hubbard called "the religion angle."

See the 1955 "Ruin utterly," "degrade or demean Scientology (verbally)... must not be permitted," etc., 'Manual on Dissemination of Material', and the rest of serious - not for display to "wogs" and "raw meat" - Scientology.

It's not necessary to lie to Scientologists to help them leave Scientology. One can be diplomatic without lying.

It IS necessary to lie to them to get them out of Scientology version 1 and into Scientology version 2.

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
Trolling the waters...

This is just another thread with the purpose of A) making useless noise on the boards and B) to do more pro PR work for "the marty" (Flash's frickin' hero).

Apparently you don't get it yet, Flash, but there's not too much pro marty support on the boards and making a thread like this won't help the marty cause.

Why don't you cut to the chase and do a poll? Something like when marty tries to pick up DM's mess, would you support him? Rejoin the new "marty" scio? More of the same insane crap? (yep!) marty can go to hell? etc. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of new board members voted for the marty. :wink2:

Spirited

Patron with Honors
The problem that I'm seeing is that he's not the only one running this policy on Marty Rathbun. It seems Tommy Davis has help in the field.

But the question is this: What if this same policy is run by individuals, who most people believe to be critics of the church?

What impact would that have?
what help exactly and who?