What's new

How to Disconnect

I had a person just recently disconnect from me, and frankly I don't know why he did. I thought he was out of Scientology - maybe he went back in? Maybe I pissed him off?

What's so funny is when he would try and get out of doing a job for a potential customer whom he thought wasn't worth the hassle, he would tell them some cock and bull story, like he was on vacation in Hawaii. Of course it backfired on him one time - he was working for the person who referred him, and she asked me why he was telling her friend that he was out of town when he was actually working on her house. Funny!

He would get these calls from various recruiters quite a lot because they wanted him to help build Ideal Orgs, and he would tell them he was dead, or that he was an SP, or that he was moving to someplace like Guam.

So imagine my surprise when he told me he was moving to Frisco to work for a relative. I thought: Righhhhhtttt. My wife pointed out he told her he hated that relative. Further, he ended his email with: "Wish you and Mrs. Mimsey the best, take care." Why end an email like that it you are just moving away? It seemed too final. Too many "outpoints"

I dunno what I did to piss him off, assuming he isn't actually moving to Frisco. Shrug. Moving on:

I thought you may want to use those ideas if the org calls and you want to disconnect from their call in unit.

Mimsey

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I don't know why you would care about this if, in your estimation and experience, this person is a chronic habitual liar.
:confused2:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
On a related note, how does one disconnect from the Scilons and get them to quit calling?
Every time they call moan miserably about how you're been out of work, just got your car re-pod and just be such a downer that they, as people, just cringe at having to talk to you.
Of course the seed that you're trying to plant with them is that you are totally w/o funds and have zero potential to obtain funds and you'll find that you just never hear from them anymore.
I was able to pull that off in my mid twenties and they forgot all about me, seemingly all on their own accord! At least that's what I had them thinking.
If you EVER allow them to fleece you at 1:30pm on Thursday in order to get their stats up they'll never forget that you are the guy to call when the chips are down and they're going to be a down stat if they can't find a sucker and quick.
They will savor that taste of blood from the hunt and kill and you're dead meat to them that they will think they can always return to for a quick meal so the speak. Don't ever be their desperate solution for their getting their stats up at the last minute because you'll never shake them after that, they'll be on you constantly like stink on shit.

Last edited:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sounds like the guy has problems with relationships - one of the many side effects of Scientology.

He does not know how to talk to you about whatever he is upset about

Scientology "trains" people to manipulate so he may be in confusion as to being honest with his feelings and communicating them freely ( even though he had Grade I)

I know a few exes that are really fucked up - especially if they did a ton of "services" or were in for many years and did not take the time to educate themselves. I notice that they have huge egos that can never admit they emote anything or feel below 2.0 on the BS scale. I keep loving them anyway and hope they do some reading at some point so they can get rid of that altitude and insouciant certainty.

Sounds like the guy has problems with relationships - one of the many side effects of Scientology.

Scientology "trains" people to manipulate so he may be in confusion as to being honest with his feelings and communicating them freely ( even though he had Grade I)

I know a few exes that are really fucked up - especially if they did a ton of "services" or were in for many years and did not take the time to educate themselves. I notice that they have huge egos that can never admit they emote anything or feel below 2.0 on the BS scale. I keep loving them anyway and hope they do some reading at some point so they can get rid of that altitude and insouciant certainty.
Naa - he's a nice guy, but I think he really gets worked up, can't express it, and then just reacts badly.

Yes, I agree, he should have just called me up and discussed it. He never got any grades, just some beginning auditing and some objectives where he went exterior. He had a lot of interest in past lives, wanting to know about what ones he had. However he never had the bux to get any pro auditing, just some on course co-auditing.

It's one of those stupid things where you get so worked up, you throw the baby out with the wash water.

programmer_guy
Re: How to Disconnect
I don't know why you would care about this if, in your estimation and experience, this person is a chronic habitual liar.

I never thought he was a habitual liar, though I am surprised by your insight, because it does seem that's his answer to uncomfortable situations. Lie and run away from the problem. Kinda reminds me of Hubbard's Black Panther mechanism. Thanks!

Mimsey

OutToe83

Patron with Honors
If a reg ever calls me, or sends me a letter soliciting a response, I'm going to ask a question or two and not let them slough them off until I get some kind of answer.

"Can you tell me the city or town nearest the university where Ron got his Ph.D.? Or even what state it's in? No, not George Washington U., he dropped out of there after his first year, maybe halfway through his second...? Don't remember, but sometime in the early 1930's; nobody disputes he never graduated from GWU.

"What I can't get anybody to tell me is where he did get his Bachelor's from, before he earned his Ph.D. Which is really odd, because anybody, I mean anybody who has their biography written, you'll find his Alma Mater somewhere on the first page--typically the first couple of paragraphs. But any time I ask about Ron's Alma Mater, I get this awkward response of somebody asking me why I'm asking. Seriously? Why am I asking?

"I'd like to know where Ron graduated--and why is that an awkward question, if he has a legitimate degree from an accredited school?"

A good registrar will, of course, have some kind of response to that--but since Ron didn't graduate from any college, the reg won't have a real answer that s/he will admit to. The reg probably won't even know that Ron's Ph.D is bogus--a neophyte who's naïve enough to pass on the question might get him/her-self sent to ethics for asking awkward questions.

If enough people sent in questions like this in the self-addressed envelopes the letter reges thoughtfully provide--questions about how odd it seems that the Venusians look and dress like us when the planet-wide "weather" on Venus is above the melting temperature of lead (what do they make their clothes from, anyway, blue asbestos?).

"And I understand the OT IIIs can't talk about the classified materials on the course because anyone who learns about them without being prepared beforehand could fall deadly ill from it---but how come we didn't have a worldwide pandemic when some spy released the OT III materials on the internet years back? The Church did try to sue for copyright infringement and not for libelous misinformation, which verified that those were the actual OT III materials. I mean, isn't that really strange? Did anybody ever figure out why the pandemic didn't happen?

"And doesn't it sort of indicate that we aren't carrying the self-destructive implants Ron thought we carried against hearing that story? Since literally thousands (a good statistical base) outside the Church did hear it with no higher incidence of illness than everybody else?"

"And if that's the case, doesn't that mean that the OT Levels need to be researched yet again!? Tell you what, I'm going to wait until you get the OT research flat before I start up the Bridge again. Seems like you still don't have it all assembled right and anybody going up now is just going to have to re-do it in a few years.

"When the OT Levels have remained stable for more than a decade, and when some OT can report what's going on on Venus and Mars these days, then call me about registering. I understand that's right around the corner, so just make a sticky with my number on it.

"Oh, and while that spacefaring OT exteriorized observer is at it, how about asking him/her to pop over and check out 2014 MU69, the Kuiper belt object that New Horizons spacecraft is scheduled to fly by on the 1st of January, 2019, and tell us something about the pictures the spacecraft will be sending back.

"Honestly, I've never understood why the Church passed up so many opportunities in the last sixty years to prove OT exteriorization Tech to the world by way of disclosing what our spacecraft would find when they got there. I understand not wanting OTs to get OT Powers associated with party parlor tricks, but revealing knowledge that couldn't have been achieved any other way would have had droves of new acolytes filling the orgs to bursting decades ago. That's hardly a party trick.

"Ron talked about trains on Venus, but didn't say whether they ran on time---and he didn't mention the extreme temperature or give any details about the inhabitants, which may, as he said, look like us but sure-as-hell can't be like us carbon-based life forms, because we wouldn't last a millisecond on Venus's surface out in the open (where the trains run). If he'd elaborated just a little on some of the details, then when spacecraft arrived years later to verify the surface conditions, Scientologists would have had the last laugh on those who derided them for predicting it. Because Venus's surface was a surprise for the scientific community.

"Similarly, there are dozens of details that could have been noted by passing OT Thetans--the uncratered appearance of the far side of the moon that Ron might have mentioned while wandering around in our neighborhood, the striking details of several Jovian and Saturnian moons--you know, sulfur geysering on a planetary scale from volcano-dotted Io (400 volcanos, no waiting, and why the hell didn't Xenu dump us there instead of bothering with atomic bombs on Teegeeack?); Europa with its entire surface made of thick ice but showing strong evidence of a subsurface liquid ocean that could harbor life, and similar to ice-and-snow covered Enceladus, Saturn's moon with over 100 known water-rich geysers that provide much or most of the material of Saturn's rings. If Ron or one of the other drifting OTs had mentioned that before the Voyager flyby, nobody could have refuted that they had been there first.

"And let's not forget last year's New Horizons flyby of Pluto. A roughly heart-shaped feature covering a large part of the planet's (for so it was deemed at the time of Ron's solar system travels) surface could hardly be missed and would have been notable enough to mention. So why, oh why, didn't He? If only to prove to the next generation that He had been there."

I wouldn't pack all these questions into one phone call or letter, of course. I'd put them out one at a time and stick to them, keep asking for an answer, try to get the reg to see the real question: The questions themselves are simple--the real question is, why are they awkward? Ostensibly because I don't want to register for courses or auditing when I don't understand something that basic about the dynamics of the organization. Do they know what they're doing or not?

My thought is that if enough of these questions started flowing into the letter reges in their return envelopes, followed by the question, "Why is this an awkward question?"--then maybe--just maybe--one or two of them might start to wonder why there are so many awkward questions that ought to be simple to answer--and eventually blow sooner and salvage a bigger chunk of their productive life.

BTW, OSA: You might consider doing that too. You aren't doing anything productive where you are, and later on in life you'll want to feel like you made an actual contribution to the world. Trust me on this (or not), it's a good feeling; and you aren't ever going to have it at the end of your life if you continue working for an organization that perpetuates an elaborate fantasy that has already been busted. Think about it.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dag, If you're a declared SP I wouldn't think you'd be getting many calls, I rarely do. When I do I have a lovely chat with them. If, on the other hand, you are trying to remain "under the radar", that's a different kettle of fish.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mimsey,

Perhaps he's not disconnecting from you if all he said was he's moving away? Maybe he is moving. You could ask him if he's still involved with the Co$, why wonder, just ask him :)

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Dag, If you're a declared SP I wouldn't think you'd be getting many calls, I rarely do. When I do I have a lovely chat with them. If, on the other hand, you are trying to remain "under the radar", that's a different kettle of fish.

Here's what I think, it's my involvement on the board after I fell for divulging too much of my identity a couple of years ago.
I started getting belligerent pit bull tactic calls at the house from various Scilon branches.
My ex wife who wasn't even known to me when I was in was getting calls at home and at work for me.
She's a Colombian devout Catholic and she wanted no contact with a demonic cult.
I had to get slick on my Xfinity phone preferences and make the reg's calling me get picked up by another reg somewhere else who had also refused to quit calling me and went on the call forward list.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron

Scientology "trains" people to manipulate Yes, for the purpose of making stats. so he may be in confusion as to being honest with his feelings and communicating them freely ( even though he had Grade I) Grade 0? Anyways, I have had friends who could not/would not speak freely to their spouses for fear of Knowledge Reports being written on them. Within this environment, speaking honestly and freely is not an option.

I know a few exes that are really fucked up - especially if they did a ton of "services" or were in for many years and did not take the time to educate themselves. I notice that they have huge egos that can never admit they emote anything or feel below 2.0 on the BS scale. That is a cultural phenomena. Agree with the tech or not, this observation goes back to 1950 right out of DMSMH. Called being an emotionally blocked aberee. On the other hand, a "clear" would/should be able to experience all emotions moving freely up or down the scale as appropriate to the situation at hand. I keep loving them anyway and hope they do some reading at some point so they can get rid of that altitude and insouciant certainty.

Advice above is sound, and perhaps the only best option. Love them anyway.

:thumbsup:

apple

Patron Meritorious
Mimsey,
Recently a similar thing happened to me. Someone I knew from over 30 years ago when in scientology, recently blocked me on Facebook after I told him of what I thought about Scientology. He has not been active in Scientology for 30 years but did say that things have changed for the better in Scientology. So even though he is not active and has not been active for many years and I doubt if he will ever again be active, he still supports the cult and practices disconnection. Thank goodness for ESMB and other sites like this to get the stink of Scientology washed from my think.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mimsey,
Recently a similar thing happened to me. Someone I knew from over 30 years ago when in scientology, recently blocked me on Facebook after I told him of what I thought about Scientology. He has not been active in Scientology for 30 years but did say that things have changed for the better in Scientology. Highly doubtful. So even though he is not active and has not been active for many years and I doubt if he will ever again be active, he still supports the cult and practices disconnection. Sounds like your friend is PTS and robotic to who/what represents the church. If not PTS then he is a prisoner of hope. Hope the sales and marketing is true. Hope planetary clearing can/will be attained. Hope someone can and will go Clear and OT, even if he can't/won't. Thank goodness for ESMB and other sites like this to get the stink of Scientology washed from my think.

Yes! Keep communicating how you feel. Eventually Scientology will clear from your universe. (No sarcasm or tech promotion intended.)

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
The fast way to get rid of the clowns is just to tell them

" I'm gay. And I mean openly gay." That's #1.

Also can work to ask 'em. " Oh, do you guys no longer consider me type 3 " ?

Or " Yeah, since I last did a service I decided to become an investigating reporter. I'd like to come in and interview you for a piece I'm doing on cults"

Sometimes this'll work " I was told I was declared. Can you send me a copy of it. ? I want to frame it "!

But, I love " Is Ron back yet "? And, " If not, why not ? - he, by his own word, is due back " !

Last edited:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mimsey,
Recently a similar thing happened to me. Someone I knew from over 30 years ago when in scientology, recently blocked me on Facebook after I told him of what I thought about Scientology. He has not been active in Scientology for 30 years but did say that things have changed for the better in Scientology. So even though he is not active and has not been active for many years and I doubt if he will ever again be active, he still supports the cult and practices disconnection. Thank goodness for ESMB and other sites like this to get the stink of Scientology washed from my think.

I found a huge opportunity when a Scientologist calls me, especially if they have not been active for along time...

REHAB THEIR DOUBT:happydance::yes:

USE ARC AND KRC :coolwink:

TAKE YOUR TIME and IMPINGE like a mother fucker!:blush:

apple

Patron Meritorious
I found a huge opportunity when a Scientologist calls me, especially if they have not been active for along time...

REHAB THEIR DOUBT:happydance::yes:

USE ARC AND KRC :coolwink:

TAKE YOUR TIME and IMPINGE like a mother fucker!:blush:

You are a bigger person than me. I figure the guy is a senior citizen he should know better especially with all the resources available. I cant be bothered trying to convince people otherwise. I state me position take it or leave it. If they want to disconnect, fine, its their choice.