What's new

How to Instantly Tell Who's Evil versus Good

Loohan

Am I Mettaya?
Sigh. I have not read this thread but...
I spoze i'm the only one here who can perceive this?
Mike Adams is another soulless CIA agent.
You can't judge who's good or evil by what ideas they pretend to promote. The CIA promotes all sides of every controversy.
They are Mike Adams, Zen Gardner, Bill Moyers, Anne Coulter, PETA, ACLU, NRA, Red Cross, Sarah Palin, Obama, Syrian Girl, Assange, Bradley Manning, Ademo Freeman... virtually every pundit or icon, left right center. Oath Keepers, chemtrail denyers, chemtrail advocates, pro and anti vaccination, abortion, religion, gay rights, GMO, Scientology.
When 9/11 "happened", several "rival" CIA fronts immediately sprung up, arguing with each other.

It's the effing DISTRACTION value. And the cognitive dissonance psyop value.

And if it's not CIA it's Mossad, NSA, FSB, MI, ... well most of it.
Femen, Al-Jazzera, Gary McKinnon, GlobalResearch...

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
You can't judge who's good or evil by what ideas they pretend to promote. The CIA promotes all sides of every controversy.
They are Mike Adams, Zen Gardner, Bill Moyers, Anne Coulter, PETA, ACLU, NRA, Red Cross, Sarah Palin, Obama, Syrian Girl, Assange, Bradley Manning, Ademo Freeman... virtually every pundit or icon, left right center. Oath Keepers, chemtrail denyers, chemtrail advocates, pro and anti vaccination, abortion, religion, gay rights, GMO, Scientology.
When 9/11 "happened", several "rival" CIA fronts immediately sprung up, arguing with each other.

Where do I get my very own pair of CIA tinted glasses?

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
^The Golden Rule.

I like the platinum rule, which takes it one step further:

Do unto another as they would like to have done unto them (which is not necessarily what you would like).

Helena

True dat... (google image search for bdsm... yikes - hard to find something tame enough to insert here... lol)

105605-nan-bdsm-female-slender-model-beautiful-fetish-domination.jpg

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
The founding fathers of the US constitution were not interested in a "collective state" (interesting to see how well the collectivists have succeeded with their propaganda.) The common interest? If you mean to protect the rights of its citizens, OK. More than that - no. You make the founding fathers sound like Marxists.

It is quite common today for citizens and leaders of the US to blather on about democracy. The founding fathers knew democracy was a crappy form of government, that's why they created a Republic.

Anarchy doesn't necessarily have to lead to chaos.

It is very interesting to see how ideas have been absorbed without complete inspection in society.
but the republic idea doesnt work either. the founding "fathers" we wanna be elitist that couldnt make it in the countries they came from. and the constitution is based on native american ideas.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
but the republic idea doesnt work either. the founding "fathers" we wanna be elitist that couldnt make it in the countries they came from. and the constitution is based on native american ideas.

WTF? Native American ideas? I don't think so. Try Greek/Roman.

It seems to me that one should acknowledge that some people are smarter and more capable than others. This does not mean that they should have more rights than anyone else, but if you want to get something done it's best to give the task to those best suited for it. I am of the opinion that until the day comes when everyone is as smart as everyone else - i.e. never - our best interests are served by a Republic. I've not seen a better form of government (if you like the idea of individual freedom). There may be a better form - I'm not an expert in such matters by any means.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron

shit isnt getting any easier, is it? i grok what you are saying there.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
WTF? Native American ideas? I don't think so. Try Greek/Roman.

It seems to me that one should acknowledge that some people are smarter and more capable than others. This does not mean that they should have more rights than anyone else, but if you want to get something done it's best to give the task to those best suited for it. I am of the opinion that until the day comes when everyone is as smart as everyone else - i.e. never - our best interests are served by a Republic. I've not seen a better form of government (if you like the idea of individual freedom). There may be a better form - I'm not an expert in such matters by any means.

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/iroquois.aspah well, read this and carry on. I got nothing against a republic. probably the main thing that sold me on scn. was the CONCEPT that someone could get ethics in, or at least gave a crap about the idea. AFAIK, the US IS giving the tasks to their "smart" senators and US reps etc.Hows that working out for you?

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/iroquois.aspah well, read this and carry on. I got nothing against a republic. probably the main thing that sold me on scn. was the CONCEPT that someone could get ethics in, or at least gave a crap about the idea. AFAIK, the US IS giving the tasks to their "smart" senators and US reps etc.Hows that working out for you?

That link doesn't work...

Unfortunately the US is not giving the task to smart people. It's not working out very well. We move ever closer to totalitarian fascism.

BardoThodol

Silver Meritorious Patron
but come on," this guy hangs out with alex jones, need i say more?" is ridiculous.

Not familiar with Alex Jones. So much to learn, so little time. Hard to evaluate unknown information. Or to evaluate with partial information while leaving out essential pieces of data. One reason why I'm not fond of conclusions based on exaggerated emphasis on aspects without regarding the whole.

Not familiar with Alex Jones. So much to learn, so little time. Hard to evaluate unknown information. Or to evaluate with partial information while leaving out essential pieces of data. One reason why I'm not fond of conclusions based on exaggerated emphasis on aspects without regarding the whole.
If you're a fan of batshit crazy comedy then you should give Alex Jones a listen, he's not as good as Phil Hendrie, but still brings the lulz

BardoThodol

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think your post is excellent but I would caution that the road to hell is paved with good wishes and good intentions. Wishing the best for others and wanting them to be successful really does not count for much because virtually everyone who does anything believes that he/she is acting for the common good. How many people openly state that they hate mankind or individuals and want to destroy them? It's rare and the agreement in society is that such that such a person is considered mentally ill and is usually removed from society and often given mental treatment.

The vast majority of us believe we have good intentions for both mankind and individual people. No one is suggesting that liberals as a group are evil. The OP is just focusing on the best way to improve conditions and in particular about which means to improve conditions is best; to do it with the emphasis being on control of individuals or to place more of the emphasis on empowerment of individuals. I agree that this may be an oversimplification but that's one major reason why I put the OP up for discussion.
Lakey

Nothing like a clever adage to keep thinking simple.

What isn't mentioned in the road-to-hell saw is that the road to heaven is also paved with good wishes and good intentions.

Intent is always insufficient. I intend to go to work, begin texting on the way, veer into another lane, become startled which causes me to overcompensate, cross the road and smash head on into a minivan containing a family of six, killing them all. Original intention had nothing to do with the crash. It was the added intentions and the poor execution, the lack of observation while guiding the vehicle.

The vehicle becomes an analogy for an organization.

Execution of intention has to be continuously monitored for result. All along the way in Scientology we recognized certain behaviors that just seemed off. We had suspicions that something was amiss. It wasn't our intent to do wrong, but it was our contributing behavior in the face of these suspicions that allowed the evil to progress.

Neither Hubbard nor Miscaviage nor any other tyrant can achieve great acts of evil without those contributions.

Long term intentions without a view to the consequences of current behavior will usually make a mess of things.

What drove me from Scientology was extrapolating the current behavior of the organization out to the civilization that would result. Did I want to live in a world where this type of behavior was condoned and encouraged? What kind of world would we have if Scientology had nothing to impede or counteract its behaviors?

I did not view you as the author of that piece, and my comment about its silliness may have seemed (unintentionally) insulting. I was commenting on the expressed ideas of Mike Adams.

I do agree that the subject makes for productive examination and discussion.

(By the way, it's friggin snowing here in the Midwest. Huge snowflakes, just pouring down. If the ground weren't warmed we would have serious accumulation.)

I get the words 'ping pong' bouncing back and forth inside my head everytime I think of the original post to this thread.
Life as a ping pong ball inside my own head doesn't seem very good, and being someone else's ping pong ball inside my own head seems worse.

lkwdblds

Crusader
Nothing like a clever adage to keep thinking simple.

What isn't mentioned in the road-to-hell saw is that the road to heaven is also paved with good wishes and good intentions.

Intent is always insufficient. I intend to go to work, begin texting on the way, veer into another lane, become startled which causes me to overcompensate, cross the road and smash head on into a minivan containing a family of six, killing them all. Original intention had nothing to do with the crash. It was the added intentions and the poor execution, the lack of observation while guiding the vehicle.

The vehicle becomes an analogy for an organization.

Execution of intention has to be continuously monitored for result. All along the way in Scientology we recognized certain behaviors that just seemed off. We had suspicions that something was amiss. It wasn't our intent to do wrong, but it was our contributing behavior in the face of these suspicions that allowed the evil to progress.

Neither Hubbard nor Miscaviage nor any other tyrant can achieve great acts of evil without those contributions.

Long term intentions without a view to the consequences of current behavior will usually make a mess of things.

What drove me from Scientology was extrapolating the current behavior of the organization out to the civilization that would result. Did I want to live in a world where this type of behavior was condoned and encouraged? What kind of world would we have if Scientology had nothing to impede or counteract its behaviors?

I did not view you as the author of that piece, and my comment about its silliness may have seemed (unintentionally) insulting. I was commenting on the expressed ideas of Mike Adams.

I do agree that the subject makes for productive examination and discussion.

(By the way, it's friggin snowing here in the Midwest. Huge snowflakes, just pouring down. If the ground weren't warmed we would have serious accumulation.)

What you are missing is that it would be expected that the road to "heaven" would be paved in with good intentions. This is a "given" so people have not made an "clever adage" stating it. On the other hand, most people start out young believing the road to hell is paved with evil intentions. As they get older, they find out that is not true. They learn from groups such as the Nazis and suicide bombers. Almost every Nazi and every suicide bomber (see Gadfly's recent post for details) believes that he/she is doing good or God's will by blowing up innocents.

That fact is a great lead in to the existence of ESMB. Most of us believed that Hubbard was paving the road to our eternities with his good works and good intentions. Somewhere along the line we had had to take a close look at this supposition and re-evaluate it and when we did, many of us reached different conclusions thereby creating a need for a message board to air our thoughts.

I believe your extrapolation idea is excellent! Extrapolating the current behavior of the organization out to the civilization what would result. IMHO, it would be a living hell if they they were allowed to continue unchecked! Thank God for the early pioneers who left the organization and made some noise and thank goodness for the invention of the internet, the one thing that the organization was not prepared to deal with.

I'm glad that you believe the subject makes for productive examination and discussion. I also thought that that it would. In Seal Beach, CA, it has been in the mid to high 80's today and feels just like summer. Up until today, it has been a very cool year, this is the first really warm day of the year. It felt good being out in the sun!
Lakey

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
If you're a fan of batshit crazy comedy then you should give Alex Jones a listen, he's not as good as Phil Hendrie, but still brings the lulz
wow, i used to really like phil hendrie, but i guess he got stuck in a contract and his heart really isnt in it anymore.
his art bell impersonations are the best.
alex jones is making millions trying to make free thinking people look like nuts. i really resent that.
although underneath it all, i still think there is a very small percentage of people who would really give up their integrity to get ahead in life, however the justifications run rampant.
maybe i got offered a high paying job, doing something a little but evil. maybe i culd justify that by saying if i didnt take that job, someone else would. and *i* would put that money to good use for good works. and on it goes.
things are getting really uncomfortable, i mean you have obama calling out "extremists". really? are we even using the dictionary anymore? do words still mean the same thing they used to? these things are happening in increments, so it seems they are invisible to many.
i hope i dont look back on a forum i dared communicate on, bad i-phone typing on the fly and all, and have to regret it.