What's new

How to Leave?!

TG1

Angelic Poster
Thanks, XC.

This is a great thread to send the young "looky loos" to, when they bop in here and say, "I've never been in Scientology, and it sounds soooooooo creepy, but sort interesting -- in a creepy way, you understand -- and I wouldn't fall for their shit, but I have a few extra bucks, and it might be an interesting "experience."

Yeah, right.

TG1

XenusChild

Patron with Honors
Thanks, XC.

This is a great thread to send the young "looky loos" to, when they bop in here and say, "I've never been in Scientology, and it sounds soooooooo creepy, but sort interesting -- in a creepy way, you understand -- and I wouldn't fall for their shit, but I have a few extra bucks, and it might be an interesting "experience."

Yeah, right.

TG1

Exactly!

You walk in there, thinking just that. Then, it's like "hmm, well that kinda makes sense.", since, as we've discussed, the beginning stuff tends to make sense (since it's practically common knowledge stuff). Next thing you know, after paying $20 for a book or $50 for a short seminar, you're paying hundreds of dollars for a course and thousands of dollars for books and lectures, and being asked for more to donate to the IAS. Then asked to join staff and spend full time+ hours there for $50/week (when I told a coworker about that, she asked "how do they survive??!?". I told her, as they told me, that most have other jobs. She asked "when do they have time for that?". Good question). All within a few months!

TG1

Angelic Poster
BTW, I'm getting pretty liberal with my use of buttons here at ESMB. But it makes for some strange acknowledgments. Still, some stuff I LIKE I also have a WTF reaction to.

XenusChild

Patron with Honors
Just got another 3-calls-in-a-row from the STCC (Success Through Communication Course for the un-initiated) course supervisor (at the New York Day Org, where all of this has taken place). Then got this Facebook message from him:

"I've literally never met someone so out of communication after being so in-communication. It speaks volumes. Should you decide to change your mind, your recourse is our ethics officer."

:coolwink: :roflmao:

Perhaps he's upset that, despite being right off Times Square, his course room has always been practically empty? Oh, and I remember they even had this one girl starting on the course that clearly didn't want to be there. She practically said as much. They then had one of the supervisors (not sure what the official title is) over the course supervisors in the public division try to talk her into staying, even though she didn't want to. Sad.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Congratulations! You are now an ethics particle. :hysterical:

Would you like others to have the same wins that you have had? Would you like to write a success story?

:hysterical:

TG1

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
Just got another 3-calls-in-a-row from the STCC (Success Through Communication Course for the un-initiated) course supervisor (at the New York Day Org, where all of this has taken place). Then got this Facebook message from him:

"I've literally never met someone so out of communication after being so in-communication. It speaks volumes. Should you decide to change your mind, your recourse is our ethics officer."

Perhaps he's upset that, despite being right off Times Square, his course room has always been practically empty? Oh, and I remember they even had this one girl starting on the course that clearly didn't want to be there. She practically said as much. They then had one of the supervisors (not sure what the official title is) over the course supervisors in the public division try to talk her into staying, even though she didn't want to. Sad.

Write the org a very distressing letter telling them that you died. I did that 40 years ago and it worked.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

OOOOOhhhhhhhh........... You're goin' to ethiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccsssssssssssssssssssssss.

When they unfriend you, you'll know you're declared. :duh:

XenusChild

Patron with Honors
OOOOOhhhhhhhh........... You're goin' to ethiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccsssssssssssssssssssssss.

When they unfriend you, you'll know you're declared. :duh:

LOL! It seems like the OSA ops aren't doing what they apparently used to do, stalking forums like this.

No unfriends yet, and got a voicemail invite to the flag world tour yesterday, and a text today. Guess the "ethics officer" was an attempt to scare me into coming back?

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
LOL! It seems like the OSA ops aren't doing what they apparently used to do, stalking forums like this.

No unfriends yet, and got a voicemail invite to the flag world tour yesterday, and a text today. Guess the "ethics officer" was an attempt to scare me into coming back?

The FB police seems to be in a condition of overwhelm too. They seem oblivious to the fact that I have declared SPs on my lines, and have had for nearly half a year now.

XenusChild

Patron with Honors
Guess it's time for another monthly update!

So it seems that when the STCC course supervisor told me that my only recourse is the ethics officer, that didn't mean that they cut all communication with me. While their communication efforts have decreased (no longer daily), it seems like they pick up whenever there's an upcoming event (naturally). As I'm sure most of you are aware, they'll be playing Miscavige's speech from the Portland Org opening, and it's MONUMENTAL, AMAZING, CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!! There will be dinner then the speech, and it'll only be shown once, then send back to headquarters, so you MUST SEE IT!!!!!!!!! I received an email about it (from someone I don't know), who said that he knows that I've been getting a lot of communication (and that "that's an understatement"), and that he only tries to communicate when it's something very important, and that this is one of those times. Got a voicemail on Monday of a taped recording inviting me to the event. I also got a call yesterday from the registrar/Dissem secretary, the main org number, and the extension course c/s, but no voicemail. The staff recruiter also called me then texted "sorry didn't mean to dial you".

The registrar/dissem secretary also called me 2 weeks ago, left a VM saying "figured I'd give you a call, it's been quite some time. I've written you a few letters, emails, definitely want to know, ya know, what's up with you, how you're doing, how's work, etc. I definitely consider you a friend, an ally, and I'd like to know how you're doing. Give me a call, I'll talk to you soon."

Oh and Harlem Org is STILL not open. Just to think, they tried to recruit me for staff there, said it would be opening at the end of the summer, then the end of last year, and now...:duh:

XenusChild

Patron with Honors
So it's coming up to a year since I first stepped into the NY Org and signed up for the Personal Efficiency Course...how time flies! Guess it's time for another update:

So the Scientologists still periodically contact me, though like I mentioned before, it isn't as frequently as a few months ago. I still get weekly cards in the mail saying that I haven't turned in an Extension Course lesson for the week :)hysterical:), with a message written in, usually just asking where I am or how I'm doing, and to let them know (with the number to the Org). I also got this email from the registrar/dissemination secretary recently:

"
How would you like me to get in communication with you?

As you do know what is here and the results that can be gotten here, it makes me wonder quite a bit what you are up to elsewhere.
Hopefully you write back - I am looking forward to your response.
Best,"

I also got an email a few days ago from some guy at the Org telling me about the super duper awesome stuff happening at Flag:

OMG! Are things beyond exciting!!! The orders of magnitude of what's occurring now at Flag and about to be exported across the Scientology world is beyond mind boggling!

As you may know, I have a very personal connection training at Flag now, and another on the way down! Although she can't tell me details, she sounds fantastic and totally blown out!

And she's no rookie! :)

Back at the Org, we are briefed daily as to what's been happening at Flag as far as what could be said. :) But I'm truly beginning to understand that whatever I think it could possibly be, by every stretch of my imagination, I'm not even in the same universe with respect to magnitude and impact! Whoa!

The ONLY MESSAGE that is coming down the line for public and staff is to GET READY AND GET THOUGH THE BASICS!

...And with your help, we've been doing just that! Here are a couple of statistics to show you what's been happening.

Public attending Golden Age of Knowledge courses:

Public starting on Golden Age of Knowledge courses:

So you see, with your help, we've been complying to this target.

BUT....there are A LOT more people that could be gotten in and started on their Basics.

Wouldn't you agree? I thought so.

So any Scientologists that you have been in comm with or even newbies must be gotten onto their Basics and avail themselves of this tech. I know you know this. But life has a way of distracting us. I live life too. :)

Are you with me on this?

Maximum ARC,

And recently, for some odd reason, I've been getting calls from two people claiming to be with Bridge Publications. One left a voicemail saying that they got my order of a free set of DVDs (which I obviously didn't order :eyeroll:), and wanted to know if I received them (which I obviously did not receive :eyeroll:), so call back.

Then a few days later, I got a call from another person from Bridge (she referred to herself in the VM by first name, like if I knew who she was) who wanted to know if I could call her, and that it was about the Fundamentals of Thought course I was doing (more like did, since I had completed that way back before I left, since I did all the basics books needed for HQS). Then I just received an email from someone at Bridge with the same first name that said this:

"It looks like you have not been doing any courses lately. Did something happen to upset you?
Let me know I am interested.
"

So the question is, how does someone (that I don't know) at Bridge Publications know that I was doing/did the Fundamentals of Thought course, and how does she know that I haven't been doing any courses lately. And the follow up question would be, why the heck would she be interested in that?

They make me laugh. :duh: :biggrin:

Gib

Crusader
So it's coming up to a year since I first stepped into the NY Org and signed up for the Personal Efficiency Course...how time flies! Guess it's time for another update:

So the Scientologists still periodically contact me, though like I mentioned before, it isn't as frequently as a few months ago. I still get weekly cards in the mail saying that I haven't turned in an Extension Course lesson for the week :)hysterical:), with a message written in, usually just asking where I am or how I'm doing, and to let them know (with the number to the Org). I also got this email from the registrar/dissemination secretary recently:

Yes, what you wrote and how they respond is how it works.

Welcome to the Telemarketing and Sales World of scientology based on "success stories", not proof. LOL

Hubbard started it in Dianetics, his first public book. Lots of "success stories" in that book told by hubbard, but no names are mentioned in that book. And that book tells of "success stories", just hubbard's second hand accounts, and I fell for it. LOL

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

....snip for brevity...

So the question is, how does someone (that I don't know) at Bridge Publications know that I was doing/did the Fundamentals of Thought course, and how does she know that I haven't been doing any courses lately. And the follow up question would be, why the heck would she be interested in that?

They make me laugh. :duh: :biggrin:

Now you know they are the biggest SPYandLIE-intelligence organization in the sector. Elcon Wrong probably gets daily reports on how much you have in your wallet. Shame on you, you should be contributing to his clearing of Target 2:biggrin:

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
I like how we're set to be hit by a hurricane here in the NYC area, and they STILL try to "get in comm" with me today...maybe they just want to make sure I'm okay for the storm? :yes:

Did I mention how a day or two after Hurricane Sandy, when millions were still without power (including myself), and were just trying to survive, they called and asked me to "make a flow" (i.e. give money) for my services? :no:

So typical... this is what makes them so endearing. They have their heads up their asses.

WELL, It has been awhile.

Nothing really has changed since I last updated. I still get on average 1-2 attempts at contact per day, whether it's letters, Facebook messages, emails, phone calls, or texts. All are ignored. They really are very interesting. Why don't I share some!

Text from Registration guy-"are you still working at the ___ downtown?"

Text from Academy guy-"how's it going ____?"

Text from extension c/s-"hey man" (in addition to a card in the mail every week saying I didn't turn in an assignment, LOL) Also, as I'm typing this, he called me.

FB message from staff recruiter-"hey ___, random question: did Scientology help you with anything?"

Letter in the mail from Registration guy-" Dear ___, Where are you? Best, ____" (yes, that's all it said). With a brochure for extension courses included.

Emails from...someone (don't know what her position is)-1st-"Hello ___, Please call me, I have a question about your Basics. Thanks. Best, ___". The next day, email 2-"Hi ___, I am very concerned that you are not getting back to any of us. Are you ok? What is preventing you from continuing on your services or at least communicating with us? Best, ___".

FB message today from STCC C/S-"I see that you've 'Seen' my messages but then don't reply, so I get that you really don't want to speak with me, and that's fine. What brought you to feel this way?"

Can't you block them on FB or defriend them? I think you can go online to your cell phone company and put their numbers in to block their texts and you can save their numbers on your cell so when they call you let it go to voice mail and simply delete. They are obnoxious and know no boundaries. They are taught to ignore socially acceptable boundaries and to 'impinge.' I'm surprised they haven't come to your door. They take things quite literally, as they are illiterate often, except as regards the robotic following of hubbard's words, they are, otherwise, generally uneducated in the ways of the real world as many have been in the cult and it's all they know, some are good hearted and really do care but are just so seriously misguided. Forgive them. But block them!! :hysterical:

XenusChild

Patron with Honors
WOW, I can't believe its been basically a year and a half since I originally posted this! I still check this board all the time (lurking).

I do hope that anyone thinking about leaving Scientology is inspired by this post, as well as all the other stories shared on this forum (and elsewhere). Since leaving, I've never been happier. I no longer have the stress of feeling pressured to spend money that I don't have, for courses and services that I don't have any time to do. No longer am I constantly bothered about confirming and reconfirming, with multiple people, my attendance at an event. No longer am I pressured to join staff, even after I state that it isn't feasible. No longer am I being told that I should "handle" my parents on Scientology. Now, I truly am free. I can think clearly, and have the time, and money, to enjoy life. I have paid down my debts, credit score increased greatly, and I am grateful to be starting nursing school in the fall, ultimately hoping to obtain my doctorate in nursing practice. None of this would have been possible if I was still in Scientology.

Maybe once every couple months, I still do get a text or a Facebook post/message asking how I'm doing. Sometimes I get one of those cards saying that I haven't sent in an assignment for my extension course, :biggrin:. I don't respond. But I do remain friends with some of them on Facebook so that they can see how wonderful life can be after leaving Scientology. I'm still on the email list, and get emails everyday (usually repeats of the same email). Apparently they protested the APA meeting in NYC. Although mental health may have issues, Scientology clearly is not a viable alternative.

It's amusing to me that a year and a half ago, they tried to get me to join staff for the Harlem org, claiming that it would be opened that fall. Almost two years later, it still hasn't opened yet.

Here's hoping that more people this year wake up and realize the fraud that Scientology is, and that it's an utter waste of time, and money.

CastingDirector

[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]My name is Stephanie Lewis and I'm a casting director in NYC. I wanted to write because I'm currently casting a new docu-series which highlights the stories of women as they begin the process of converting religions. Please let me know if you think you might be a good fit.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]Thanks so much.[/FONT]

NOW CASTING: Women Considering Changing Religions

Are you a woman currently considering converting from one religion to another?
Do you have a really good reason or variety of reasons for wanting to change religions? Are you concerned about how your decision would affect your relationship with your parents, siblings, and extended family?

If so, then an exciting new documentary television series on a major cable network is currently looking for you! The show would follow the lives of women who are considering converting religions for various reasons.

If you are – or you know – a dynamic woman with plenty of personality who is currently thinking about converting religions, we want to talk to you!
To submit or nominate someone, please email us the full name(s) and contact info, a short bio on what you’re thinking about doing and why, and how your decision would affect your friends and family and several photos to: [email protected]