What's new

Howard Stern confronts 2nd generation Scilon...

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
The title of the video is misleading.. it has nothing to do with Narconon Arrowhead. Howard chats with an 18-year old 2nd gen Scilon.

He mentions in the beginning that he'd better not diss a fellow actor who is a Scilon (which may explain why he walked on egg shells around Krustie's appearance this week.)

[video=youtube;Tb3KmYChwzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb3KmYChwzo[/video]

The title of the video is misleading.. it has nothing to do with Narconon Arrowhead. Howard chats with an 18-year old 2nd gen Scilon.

He mentions in the beginning that he'd better not diss a fellow actor who is a Scilon (which may explain why he walked on egg shells around Krustie's appearance this week.)

Stern looks like he is being leveraged by Scientology.

All lovely with the Cult Celeb, but he trashes the young 'nobody'.

ref:Tony Ortega http://tonyortega.org/2015/01/13/wh...d-kirstie-alley-about-scientology/#more-19246

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Stern looks like he is being leveraged by Scientology. All lovely with the Cult Celeb, but he trashes the young 'nobody'.

I don't agree. On Sirius, he has the freedom to be the 'shock jock' Howard Stern. On NBC, where he's a judge on 'America's Got Talent', he's had to soften his image. I think he doesn't want to find himself in a situation where NBC execs feel the need to fire him from his $15 million a year gig.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...h-howie-mandel-on-americas-got-talent-2012127

Maybe - I think it's simpler than that - if he goes after Kirsty - she won't ever come on his show again - she gets a lot of ears listening to him when she's on. Why poison the well he drinks from? Mimsey

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron

THAT is the perfect image of an implant station.

:giggle:

True. But the well is already poisoned. See Otega's take on it.
I read Tony's post the morning it was up - and I posted much the same as above - later in the day I was looking for my post to see if there was any thrilling responses (As if!*) and there were other posts covering the same ground.

* there are many smart posters there, but I don't always elicit their responses to my smart ass remarks.

Phil McKraken • 2 days ago

I used to listen to Howard Stern for years before he went to satellite, and I can tell you this -- he knows plenty about Scientology. Part of his shtick is to appear more ignorant than he is about a whole host of topics, for reasons of how he relates to his audience and guests. In the case of Kirstie, he's mainly interested in keeping her coming back on his show, because she's an entertaining mess -- which is Howard's stock-in-trade. He will never be interested in giving a true or meaningful or honest evaluation of the world. He's an entertainer, and he knows all to well how to succeed at that. He will only ever be interested in telling the truth about Scientology when it coincidentally suits his needs as entertainment value.

airbreathe > Phil McKraken • 2 days ago

"He will never be interested in giving a true or meaningful or honest evaluation of the world... He will only ever be interested in telling the truth about Scientology when it coincidentally suits his needs as entertainment value."

Sorry, but total B.S. He does not know "plenty about scientology," just the basics. I've heard him discussing it. And you can't fault him for not knowing or caring about this stuff as much as this community. He is not a passionate scientology-watcher. But he has gone on many vicious rants against all organized religion through the years. Howard will not hold back if he feels strongly about something. He knows Scientology is bullshit, he just doesn't know the extent of the evil.

Just wait. Let's see what he says to Kirstie after he sees the Gibney documentary.
Phil McKraken > airbreathe • a day ago

"Plenty" is in the eye of the beholder. I never thought to convey that he knows as much as a regular Bunker denizen. But he sure knows more than he let on with Kirstie yesterday, as is plain to hear from his previous discussions of the topic. Faux ignorance, when it suits him, is standard procedure. He'll comment on the documentary if he can get comedy mileage out of it, and for no other reason.
thetastic > Phil McKraken • 2 days ago

That's exactly what I was thinking. He doesn't want to lose her as a guest, since she can't be trained to spew boring platitudes like smarter celebrities.

PoisonIvyHerself > Phil McKraken • 2 days ago

Good analysis, Phil.

allioops > Phil McKraken • a day ago

Howard Stern used to get big laughs questioning: "what the Heck was a "clay table?" I guess he thought that naughty things were done on the table....anyway, he does not seem to want to get involved with this cult

Huckleberry > Phil McKraken • 2 days ago

dawgs ?

Angry Elf > Phil McKraken • a day ago
I listened to the interview and was saddened because Howard has taken calls from sciens before and was pretty honest. I googled Howard Stern's email and left him some feedback on his web page. But I'm sure Phil is right, she is more valuable as a guest

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader
When Howard asked this 2nd gen clubbed seal, "So how can you believe in a religion thought up by L. Ron Hubbard?", he replied, "Oh it's really not a religion, it's more of a philosophy".

:angry:

Those fuckers really have it both ways don't they? They fought for the status of a religion, call anyone who questions or opposes their unethical practices "religious bigots", and yet when trying to describe themselves to a skeptic it's, "Oh no, it's not really a religion at all".

Veda, I do understand your zeal in fighting the status of religion. It is phony. Totally. Not only that it has given them legal and "respectable" cover. It's a travesty

Hearing this little son of a bitch tell Howard that line just really pissed me off. I know he's a clubbed seal, but I'd like to club him from another angle. (Of course I mean "club" him metaphorically).

Last edited: