What's new

How's That Freedom Workin' for Ya? The Power of an "SP"

Sindy

Crusader
Last night I got to be an SP and see the effects I can create. Wow!

images

A little history and then I'll get to it...I'll try to keep it interesting.

I used to be married to a well known musician, around these parts, who was the head of popular band during the 70's and 80's. They had many albums out, toured across the country with the likes of the Doobie Brothers, Marshall Tucker, CSN & Y, and many others you would know.

howdypic%202010-09-11_2.jpg

This band, Heartsfield, still exists today in a version of its old self. Well, while we were married, me and the head of this band, I used to go to all of the shows and became very good friends with the other guys in the band and especially with their wives.

images

One of the band members is a Scientologist, along with his wife. She and I were friends for almost 25 years until I had the unmitigated gall to leave the church at which point I became Cruella Deville overnight.

Cruella%20de%20Vil.jpg

Anyway, back to last night. So, last night this band got together for a show. There were lots of people there as it was a reunion of sorts with lots of family, friends as well as all sorts of fans.

Okay, I was there hangin' with all my old friends during the day and the male Scientologist, the one in the band that used to be my friend, of course couldn't talk to me so he ignored me (as I did him) but his wife hadn't shown up yet.

images
images

So, okay, now it's about 9:45 pm and we've all been partying for a while and I am on the dance floor with my old friends and the Scientologist wife comes in, sees me, and freezes at the door and stands there not knowing what to do. She stands there for quite a while. I pretend I don't see her.

She then decides to run off and go to the dressing room behind the stage and stay there for awhile. I'm thinking, "Well, if you want to hang back there and be alone and not where all the fun is, be my guest. Sorry to make you have to do that! Really - I am."

images
images

After some time, she comes out and stands far away and talks to some people. It's awkward because if I wasn't there, she would definitely come right over to talk to the other wives - after all, she belongs to the group of band member wives. It's a small group, she's part of it but, no - not tonight. Cruella is really messing things up.

images
images

I explain to one of the wives what's going on. I went back and forth in my head about whether I should do so or not and then thought, "WTF, it's the truth and it's ridiculous and I don't care who knows. I'm the one that's free." I decided that I would no longer protect the church, its image, or any of its crazy rules or the people who blindly follow them.

images

"So, you see, the Church of Scientology is insane."

Well, of course my friend thought it was nuts. My Scientologist ex-friend, finally came to sit down at a table right next to ours but sat there, with her back to us, and didn't say a word. She didn't come over and officially say hi because if she did, then she would have to say hi to me too or it would look really bizarre to the rest of our friends.

images

Well, I had tons of fun with the girls and when the show was over, I had lots of fun catching up with everyone but I just kept noticing how empowered I felt. I'm thinking to myself, "What's wrong with this picture?"

I was the big, bad, horrible suppressive person and yet I was free to move about the room and talk to anybody, even her if I wanted to. No one was gonna throw me in ethics for anything, including telling my friend what a crock of shit Scientology is and how dumb it was that my former friend allowed this to end our friendship and how she refused to think for herself.

I could see that I was cause and she was effect in this situation. There were many things I could have done (but didn't) that could have cornered her like a caged animal and made her say ridiculous things in front of normal people.

Of course, I didn't do that, but I could have. For that reason I realized how much the C of S creates their own monsters and puts their members at total effect. With all that "Shatter Suppression" tech, they're running around shutting their blinds and forcing their parishioners to bale them out with their hard earned dollars.

images
images

Didn't Ron, on so many occasions, tell Scientologists not to blame others, make them cause, give them power? Isn't that exactly what the church does when they label someone an SP?

I could walk through an org and practically part the seas - seriously. Think of the absolute commotion we could cause (if we felt like giving them the time of day).

I would love to hear everyone else's SP stories. It's simply amazing how much power the church has given you.

So, I ask the Scientologists inside the cult of greed, "How's that freedom workin' for ya?"

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
It's been said before: Official Scientology, in writing and in act, recognizes awesome SP powers much more than OT powers!

Witness how they all scamper away to hide at the mere whiff of an SP in the vicinity. Observe how the SP/PTS course is a crucial for scientologists to train at earliest opportunity.. Note that scientologists all recognizes and accept that they must disconnect from friends and family on a mere suspicion of an SP connected to the family.

A common cold is PROOF that an SP is supressing the sniffeling and snorting scientologist. If statistics are down, the intire staff of a Scientology Org wil be searching high and low for the SP! (.. May just have been me driving by their org.. I've been frowning on their stats for 3 decades!)

:yes:

Sindy

Crusader
It's been said before: Official Scientology, in writing and in act, recognizes awesome SP powers much more than OT powers!

Witness how they all scamper away to hide at the mere whiff of an SP in the vicinity. Observe how the SP/PTS course is a crucial for scientologists to train at earliest opportunity.. Note that scientologists all recognizes and accept that they must disconnect from friends and family on a mere suspicion of an SP connected to the family.

A common cold is PROOF that an SP is supressing the sniffeling and snorting scientologist. If statistics are down, the intire staff of a Scientology Org wil be searching high and low for the SP! (.. May just have been me driving by their org.. I've been frowning on their stats for 3 decades!)

:yes:

Hilarious! So, the big, bad wolf of a church, Scientology, is really just a scared, frail little church mouse with swollen glands waiting in line to do a 10 Aug on the entire universe that is surely out to see it destroyed.

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Making the able disabled since 1960

You big bad wolf Synthia.

how Ron's fear mongering corrupts minds.

potential sources of trouble are all about, one "wrong word", one "wrong move" and its "realized" ,the boggie man Ron talks about is here, im cornered, the universal solvent cant solve this.

All the potential sources of trouble for scientologists.

I actually squirm on my seat when i watch the gay pope walking towards a scn, i know that scn is at a distinct disadvantage of not being taught to accept any communication, and will be reduced to terror.

pts-sp-transcripts-cvr-200.jpg

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
I was never declared an SP by the church. I am bitterly disappointed by their lack of attention to my persona. No SP powers for me.

Sindy

Crusader
I was never declared an SP by the church. I am bitterly disappointed by their lack of attention to my persona. No SP powers for me.

Au contraire, you may have the most power of all. Having no declare, you can walk through walls and events undetected. You can still talk to people without scrutiny. Who knows the untold havoc you could wreak. I'm shaking in my boots just thinking about it. :coolwink:

lynnie

Patron
Such a shame that poor LRH penned (& spewed forth) his "wisdom" before the information age was fully realized. LRon couldn't conceive of a world where the defensive bubble he created would be so woefully inadequate to fend off the truth / reality. Just think, if he were around today, he could draw off the wisdom and modern scientific research of social / behavioral _psychologists_ to more successfully manipulate his followers ...... errrrr, well.....ok, nevermind. :faceslap:

Gadfly

Crusader
Synthia, first, EXCELLENT POST! :thumbsup:

Back in the mid-1980s I was FSO crew and sent out as an "advanceman" for the EUS Flag World Tour. I set up the events - booked the hotel, arranged refreshments, got the call-in going, got the promo sent out, etc.

I had a chance to meet quite of few of the "recently declared", as this wasn't long after the insane Sea Org missions decimated the missions and various orgs. There were large obvious contradictions between 1) what the Church and Hubbard claimed, and 2) the reality of these "suppressive people".

I met and talked with quite a few. The first thing that struck me was that while some were VERY angry about what happened, understandably so, and mad AT the Church of Scientology, they were ALL seemingly sane, honest, nice and decent people! I had to accept that observation. They were NOT at all how Hubbard painted them to be.

Now, I did make a distinction, one that many Scios fail to make. Hubbard defines a "case SP", as the mad and crazy fellow who is fighting some long-lost enemy of the past, and who has gotten "stuck in this incident" to the point where he or she has identified ALL humanity with the overwhelming enemy. This type of person feels that unless he or she reduces the power and ability of others, that he or she will and must lose/fail. There is some sense to such an idea.

But, then there is the "administrative" SP, which is any person whom the Church LABELS an SP based on the list of Suppressive Acts. This realm of High Crimes are tied to the idea that anybody who is against Scn is/must be one of these people. Of course, that is not at all true. This involves a bit of Scn "logic" where if you accept certain claims of Hubbard, then it "sort" of makes sense. So, the result is that MANY MANY people "get labeled" as an "SP", and Scientologists equate THEM with the nasty, case, Hitler-type "case SP". That identification is in severe error. But many over-indoctrinated not-too-bright Scientologists make that faulty identification of concepts. Hubbard and the Scn organization encourage THAT incorrect identification!

The "case SP" notion has to do with the "content" of a mind. The "administrative SP" is ONLY about BEHAVIOR - behavior that the Church of Scientology doesn't like because these behaviors inhibit its "survival". The two are usually NOT related.

Just as the Church of Scientology will hit you very hard with "that is enemy line" if you, as a Church member, make any comment about the difference between the "subject" and the "organization", so also will you be hit with "that is enemy line" if you try to differentiate between the "case SP" and the "admin SP". Hubbard and the Church allow for no such differentiation, yet the difference is VERY real.

Anyway, one of my earlier realizations in the matter was that the entire "administrative - ethics - justice" angle of all this was largely nonsense, AND ALSO that it was GREATLY abused by whoever was running the Church (Hubbard included). It was often used as a "political" tool to "get rid" of whoever those in power wanted to get rid of.

But there is another angle. As time went on, as I gained more familiarity with the "LRH data", and also observed reality, another contradiction reared its ugly head. See, I myself never "got sick", had "accidents" or went "PTS" talking to these supposedly "bad evil people". In fact, none of them ever did or said ANYTHING to me that was aimed at overwhelming me, caving me in, making me wrong or "not-is-ing" me. Of course, many did disagree with behaviors of the Church of Scientolgy, but simple disagreement with one's ideas and views does NOT an SP make - except in Scientology!

There was another aspect to this. As I understood Hubbard, a being "in very good condition or shape", either by having gone up the Bridge or simply because he or she was a "big being", would and should be able to "communicate with anyone" and also "NOT go the effect of the viewpoints of others". Right? It sure seemed that way to me. I mean, I myself could do THAT!

So, why was it that even the highest levels of OT could be so "susceptible" to "losing their gains" simply by being in the same space as and communicating with ANY person (SP or not)? It seemed to me that IF Scientology bestowed such amazingly great POWER and STABILITY on a person that he or she should/would reach a point where sensitivity to SPs and "going PTS" would vanish. Yes? No? It sure seemed that way to me. I mean, why bother getting all "OT" and all if any nasty "SP" can come along, make a snide remark, and then all of a sudden you are all sick, out of PT, and having accidents? :confused2:

Once I had again realized that the REALITY of things was FAR DIFFERENT than the IDEAS and CONCEPTS Hubbard claimed and asserted, in this case regarding his writings and talks on SPs and PTSes, I was one step further "out". People become trapped in the prison of Hubbard's framework.

But the Church and Hubbard SLAMMED this notion into the heads of adherents. The notion that you "are total cause", EXCEPT when you are "connected to an SP". :duh:

At some point I saw through the utter ridiculousness of that. I saw that the MAIN source of oppression (suppression) in my life was coming from the Church of Scientology, with their endless lies, manipulations, force, demand, PR, and pressure to accept, adopt and forward this crazy paradigm of Hubbard's.

Of course, any sensible person does not want to put oneself into or stay within some situation or environment that contains active oppression. It IS sensible to "get away from" (disconnect) from REAL sources of oppression where some person or group is invalidating you, overwhelming you, making you wrong, or attempting to "not-is" you. But, that is NOT what the Church does when it declares so many people as SPs and orders its members not to communicate with them.

It IS sensible to disconnect from the Church of Scientology because IT IS AN ACTIVE SOURCE OF ENTRUBULATION for any honest, caring and sincere person who is unwilling to go along with the lies of Hubbard. The Church of Scientology literally overwhelms people with Hubbard's paradigm. Hubbard's labels, ideas, nomenclature and paradigm TAKE OVER a person's consciousness and beingness. The truth, looking from a framework of Hubbard's ideas, is that the Church of Scientology IS the active evil, IT is the "SP", and it aims to cave you in so hard (i.e. ruin-finding, accepting all the doom and gloom scenarios spewed by Hubbard) that you accept and adopt Hubbard's worldview forever after.

In fact, participation with Scientology "not-ises" YOU (making the C of S THE REAL "SP" by Hubbard's own definitions), and replaces a new personality/beingness ("you") in its place.

When a person says "I am a Scientologist", what he or she is actually saying is that participation and indoctrination in Scientology have eradicated/destroyed my previous "self", and that he or she has "become" a new and different "self".

Note: As I have stated before, to me, a valid path of spiritual advancement involves reducing and getting rid of ANY version of a "self". Participation with Scientology simply creates a different, but HEAVIER and MASSIER "self". One is actually WORSE OFF from the Buddhist perspective, because "self" has been "beefed up" markedly by involvement with Scientology. One is expanding the "thetan" ("self") out to infinity, while reducing all other universes to nothing (8-8008). The "thetan" is ACTUALLY the "self", and Hubbard has tricked all members into growing his or her "ego" instead of reducing it. It is quite a trick really. The auditing acts, in some good ways, to "remove aspects of self", but the entire Scientology organization acts to implant a whole new set of agreements that creates a new "self".

As I see it, Scn auditing could be placed in a framework of "reducing the ego", with NONE of the trappings of the Scientology organization or KSW, and possibly be quite "workable". But, that is NOT what happens in organized Scientology. Also, though, Hubbard has greatly confused the subject with his own additives.

Oh, one last point. One empowers anything OVER and ABOVE you to the degree you grant it existence. To the degree you get worked up about ANYTHING is the degree that some person or group HAS POWER OVER YOU. Sindy, that is why in a recent post where you stated that Scientology was recently "bothering you", that I suggested "letting it go". In Scientology, the reality and existence of SPs is endlessly slammed into member's heads, and of course, these Scientologists then DO go "the effect" of the SPs. It is all imaginary, and they DO go the effect of their own "mock-ups".

In Scientology there is strong action to constantly keep the adherents all worked up about "the nasty SPs". It grants the "SPs" power. It makes "SPs" REAL to the bozos who accept such dumb ideas, and just as you saw, many of them shy away from and cower in front of these "SPs". But reversely, some here on ESMB get "all worked up" about Sceintology, and to some degree, that does give it power over you. You can and should talk about it, criticize it, make fun of it, point out the flaws, and continue to expose the contradictions, but DON'T "get worked up" (emotionally) about it. Or at least, talk and discuss so that for you, the emotional component diminishes over time, thus allowing it less and less power over you.

:scnsucks:

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Gadfly, that is a blinding post, i wish it could be recited to those individuals still IN.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh I love this thread! Synthia, your friend obviously needs a retread of PTS/SP, or ethics or something. Why, you ought to have been "shattered" by that superior being. I wonder how many intensives of auditing she's having to pay for to handle this one . . . .

Out-Ethics

Patron Meritorious
Great post!!! :yes:

It's funny that since I decided not to involve myself further with Hubbard and Scientology I've come to realize just how small the CoS actually is. They have no power over you unless of course you still believe or have family/friends still members. In fact the amount of freedom, abilities and happiness that you do have far exceeds any of their top OTs or so-call trained auditors/execs and it doesn't cost you a single penny. Synthia, you had a great time and your ex-friend didn't all because of perverted ideas of Hubbard.

Gadfly

Crusader
Great post!!! :yes:

It's funny that since I decided not to involve myself further with Hubbard and Scientology I've come to realize just how small the CoS actually is. They have no power over you unless of course you still believe or have family/friends still members. In fact the amount of freedom, abilities and happiness that you do have far exceeds any of their top OTs or so-call trained auditors/execs and it doesn't cost you a single penny. Synthia, you had a great time and your ex-friend didn't all because of perverted ideas of Hubbard.

Just to clarify, the Church of Scientology has no control or power over you as a member unless of course you 1) still believe in all or many of the dumb ideas or 2) have family/friends who are still Scientology members (in which case you often must "play along" to maintain the relationships).

They can though, even when you are no longer a Scientology member, have some effect on you if they go after you as a critic or enemy.

But excellent statement Out-Ethics. Once one lets go of the Scientology beliefs, and no longer has any fear over possibly losing connections with friends or family who are still involved, NONE of their tricks can work on you. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Last night I got to be an SP and see the effects I can create. Wow!

images

A little history and then I'll get to it...I'll try to keep it interesting.

I used to be married to a well known musician, around these parts, who was the head of popular band during the 70's and 80's. They had many albums out, toured across the country with the likes of the Doobie Brothers, Marshall Tucker, CSN & Y, and many others you would know.

howdypic%202010-09-11_2.jpg

This band, Heartsfield, still exists today in a version of its old self. Well, while we were married, me and the head of this band, I used to go to all of the shows and became very good friends with the other guys in the band and especially with their wives.

images

One of the band members is a Scientologist, along with his wife. She and I were friends for almost 25 years until I had the unmitigated gall to leave the church at which point I became Cruella Deville overnight.

Cruella%20de%20Vil.jpg

Anyway, back to last night. So, last night this band got together for a show. There were lots of people there as it was a reunion of sorts with lots of family, friends as well as all sorts of fans.

Okay, I was there hangin' with all my old friends during the day and the male Scientologist, the one in the band that used to be my friend, of course couldn't talk to me so he ignored me (as I did him) but his wife hadn't shown up yet.

images
images

So, okay, now it's about 9:45 pm and we've all been partying for a while and I am on the dance floor with my old friends and the Scientologist wife comes in, sees me, and freezes at the door and stands there not knowing what to do. She stands there for quite a while. I pretend I don't see her.

She then decides to run off and go to the dressing room behind the stage and stay there for awhile. I'm thinking, "Well, if you want to hang back there and be alone and not where all the fun is, be my guest. Sorry to make you have to do that! Really - I am."

images
images

After some time, she comes out and stands far away and talks to some people. It's awkward because if I wasn't there, she would definitely come right over to talk to the other wives - after all, she belongs to the group of band member wives. It's a small group, she's part of it but, no - not tonight. Cruella is really messing things up.

images
images

I explain to one of the wives what's going on. I went back and forth in my head about whether I should do so or not and then thought, "WTF, it's the truth and it's ridiculous and I don't care who knows. I'm the one that's free." I decided that I would no longer protect the church, its image, or any of its crazy rules or the people who blindly follow them.

images

"So, you see, the Church of Scientology is insane."

Well, of course my friend thought it was nuts. My Scientologist ex-friend, finally came to sit down at a table right next to ours but sat there, with her back to us, and didn't say a word. She didn't come over and officially say hi because if she did, then she would have to say hi to me too or it would look really bizarre to the rest of our friends.

images

Well, I had tons of fun with the girls and when the show was over, I had lots of fun catching up with everyone but I just kept noticing how empowered I felt. I'm thinking to myself, "What's wrong with this picture?"

I was the big, bad, horrible suppressive person and yet I was free to move about the room and talk to anybody, even her if I wanted to. No one was gonna throw me in ethics for anything, including telling my friend what a crock of shit Scientology is and how dumb it was that my former friend allowed this to end our friendship and how she refused to think for herself.

I could see that I was cause and she was effect in this situation. There were many things I could have done (but didn't) that could have cornered her like a caged animal and made her say ridiculous things in front of normal people.

Of course, I didn't do that, but I could have. For that reason I realized how much the C of S creates their own monsters and puts their members at total effect. With all that "Shatter Suppression" tech, they're running around shutting their blinds and forcing their parishioners to bale them out with their hard earned dollars.

images
images

Didn't Ron, on so many occasions, tell Scientologists not to blame others, make them cause, give them power? Isn't that exactly what the church does when they label someone an SP?

I could walk through an org and practically part the seas - seriously. Think of the absolute commotion we could cause (if we felt like giving them the time of day).

I would love to hear everyone else's SP stories. It's simply amazing how much power the church has given you.

So, I ask the Scientologists inside the cult of greed, "How's that freedom workin' for ya?"

Scientology emphasizes confront and communication, yet their members evidence neither trait.

Gadfly, Thank You for articulating so well the exact reasons I will no longer participate in the COS. :clap::clap:
The concepts of "administrative SP" and "case SP" do become muddled when, as a student, you are studying one(case) and see around you all the actions relating to the other (admin).
The idea that one should avoid anyone for the reasons given by COS after spending all that time and money to arrive at OT whatever where one should be able to confront and "handle" anything and anyone is evil. It is suppression in the best sense of the word.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Good on ya !

More and more I'm finding people still " in " are moving away from " disconnection ".

Oh, yeah, they'll tell the ethics clown they disconnected from so and so, but, they didn't... they just said they did.

That is happening more and more as old SPs support of friends, help their children, answer business questions and share our knowledge, oh, just like friends do? Right.

I have friends who are Mormon. I have friends who are Catholic. We don't get into religion as their religion is not the place for me. Same with my friends who are scns.
We can be friends without doing battle over religion. They know damn well I post here ( nevermind, they read my posts ).

Their numbers - the number of active scientologists - are shrinking rather rapidly and our numbers - no longer involved with scn - are swelling.

No need to wonder where the power is.

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
Great post, Synthia.

Isn't it sad that in this day and age people are so insulated from reality that they suffer from such outrageous superstitions? They're being told that going up the bridge makes them stronger, more perseptive and that it increases not just their ability but also their willingness to "confront evil". Yet when the occasion arises they panic and avoid the confrontation - because they've been told to do this.

Apparently their case gets more fragile the farther up the bridge they go, but they cannot compute that this flies in the face of all the promises they were made about their increased confront. Sad. But also funny. Maybe one day they can laugh about this, I'm laughing already.

Out-Ethics

Patron Meritorious
Just to clarify, the Church of Scientology has no control or power over you as a member unless of course you 1) still believe in all or many of the dumb ideas or 2) have family/friends who are still Scientology members (in which case you often must "play along" to maintain the relationships).

They can though, even when you are no longer a Scientology member, have some effect on you if they go after you as a critic or enemy.

But excellent statement Out-Ethics. Once one lets go of the Scientology beliefs, and no longer has any fear over possibly losing connections with friends or family who are still involved, NONE of their tricks can work on you. :thumbsup:

Absolutely correct even being a member they really have no power over you. The power only comes from one's belief that it is real and for those who are stuck with that belief it is more powerful than what is actually real in life.

Here is something that I thought was very funny the other day. I was talking with my sister-in law and we started talking about CoS and the disconnection policies. I told her about how family members are broken up because of this. Her reply was and this is from someone who knows very little about Scientology was that's crazy and why would any church ever consider doing that. Churches are there to help bring family unity and not promote breaking up families. I laughed and said that is one of the reason I'm no longer involved because the CoS excels at this and is probably the number one religion in the world in tearing families apart. Who is the real SP here?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I have been thinking about that OP since reading it.

First, let me say that it was really entertaining as hell!

And. . . I got a very real-sense of the non-sense of that Scientologist "creating a new civilizations" by standing off to the side and sulking.

But, in the Scientologists mind there were many dancing images of IAS warriors atop horseback, sea org officers with gleaming swords, graphics of rockets hurtling thru space to total freedom, golden images of bridges and the ever-present faces of Ron Hubbard and David Miscavich.

You see, the disconnected Scientologist was not alone. They had so many "theta terminals" mocked up in their mind to "fill the void" of the entheta that you (Synthia) created. And just because you were laughing and having a great time, it probably was 1.1 laughter, right?