What's new

Hubbard as I see him

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

The unsinkable "IRon Horse", or so we once believed...
On a bridge that leads and then disappears into, rather than over, the deepest depths of the deepest seas, which never parted unlike one of his purported predecessors.

Orglodyte 2

Patron with Honors
L. Ron Hubbard was a frozen child, intellectually about 13, who managed to draw about 200,000 people into sharing his grandiosity.

LRH was truly competent at one thing. He wrote beautiful mind viruses. They take over their host's workings and start cranking out little copies of Hubbard.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
MyLittleChickadeeCards1a.jpg

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Re: integrity ($cientology definition)I have an opposite viewpoint

He was true to himself and his deep values!
''All men shall be my slaves''
''If you want to make money - start your religion''

:confused2:

Hypatia

Pagan
Re: integrity ($cientology definition)I have an opposite viewpoint

He was true to himself and his deep values!
''All men shall be my slaves''
''If you want to make money - start your religion''

:confused2:

Sure, but he went back on his promises all the time. I guess your point is that he was true to his own intentions. I would agree with that.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Since I came her and read about every threads\topics I could find, providing immensely amount of informations about Hubtubs,

I ask to myself how such a men can become so narcissist and pervert - even before he felt into the hypnosis and black magic stuff

two thing got my attention though

1) what he tgought about his mom - his bad comments about her and stories that could have b een made up (found in bed with another wowan) :unsure:

2) his encountering with Snake Thompson when he was 12-13 - Thomson mentored him and 'thaught'' him hypnosis (put aside with his notes about being introduce to masturbation at this age - and his OCD about dick not standing tall when facing beautifull women...''

I have a strong impression that LRH

1) had a deep contempt about women
2) and were probably abused by Snake thompson who might probably took forbidden opportunaties opened up with hypnosis - I think Snake sneaked in LRH shorts and within his mind .

I am certain LRH had something wrong going on in his childhood to turn him out so narcissist with such lack of with self-esteem!

It's often observed that poople who abuse others have been abused. Their pattern of lessening their suffering is to abuse.

I would have like that we could know the whole story in order to end up the cycle with all the clues to understand the why of the what!:confused2:

Uber

Patron
Hubbard was unstable.Thats why he needed stable datums.
Trying to hang on to thoughts,
he was all at sea.

If you attempt to hang on to his stability,
Well........

It seems kind of funny. Loads of people tell stories about Hubbard saying he was mentally unstable and he sure does sound unstable but starting with nothing in 1950 he built a philosophy/religion and a global organization with what appears to be a very consistent and continuous vision and continuous hard work. This looks like it is the furthest thing from being unstable.

gbuck

oxymoron
It seems kind of funny. Loads of people tell stories about Hubbard saying he was mentally unstable and he sure does sound unstable but starting with nothing in 1950 he built a philosophy/religion and a global organization with what appears to be a very consistent and continuous vision and continuous hard work. This looks like it is the furthest thing from being unstable.

Being unstable,
I create the idea of stability,
The clear!
The OT!

LOL

Anonycat

Crusader

Sounds legit.

[video=youtube;7jmhjktoxX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jmhjktoxX0[/video]

[video=youtube;K74hnnCQkuk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K74hnnCQkuk[/video]

Uber

Patron
I have a question.

I don't know anything about Scientology and I've never been interested in it. It's like yoga. I have many friends who do yoga and they say wonderful things about it. That's just fine but I'm not interested in yoga. A little bit of pot now and then works just fine for me. But I've read about Scientology for years and now I've done a lot of reading on ESMB the past few months. A long time ago, maybe in the seventies, maybe even back in the sixties I read a long article in some magazine and it made Scientology sound pretty awful. But right near the end the writer tells how he went around talking to a lot of people who had left and he thought it was sort of puzzling but most of them told him they would be happy to go back if only Hubbard would change his ways. There was something striking about that. That stayed with me. In fact that's the only thing I remember from the article. And now I'm reading on this board and it seems like there's an awful lot of people who have dropped it and walked away but they still say they met really wonderful people and/or they really did get something out of it. Commander Birdsong is like that on steroids. He tells me "the rotten bastards" are guilty of the wrongful death of his kid. And he tells me the auditing is really good stuff and he's been using it for forty years. (???)

My question is this. Lots of people who left still have good things to say about Hubbard and auditing but I haven't noticed anyone who left saying anything good about David Miscavige. Does anyone know of anyone who has left in recent years and still says something good about David Miscavige?

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
L. Ron Hubbard was a frozen child, intellectually about 13, who managed to draw about 200,000 people into sharing his grandiosity.

LRH was truly competent at one thing. He wrote beautiful mind viruses. They take over their host's workings and start cranking out little copies of Hubbard.

I'm not sure I would use the word beautiful, effective yes, like a chain letter pass it on something good happens to you
and if you break it something bad happens.

Hubbard penned perhaps the longest chain letter in history:omg::yes::dieslaughing:

JustSheila

Crusader
I don't know anything about Scientology and I've never been interested in it.

In an earlier post, you said:
I've been lurking here on and off for years. Twenty years ago my little brother started to study Scientology. At first it looked good. He stopped smoking pot and snuffling coke. XCut his hair and got a better job. Then he joined staff and I've only seen him twice since then.

and

But I've read about Scientology for years

so it seems you actually know quite a bit about it.

Say hai to Birdsong for me.

Uber

Patron
In an earlier post, you said:

and

so it seems you actually know quite a bit about it.

Say hai to Birdsong for me.[/QUOTE]

O I know all kinds of stuff about it from the outside. What I mean is I don't know anything about the inside. I don't know what there could be about the inside that could ever make a father who loves his son, and Birdy loved his kid, his son named Ian, he's told me about a really beautiful little boy, and then they're guilty of his son's death and he still has something really good to say about it. So I don't know anything about what could be inside (???)

Birdy hasn't been around for a while. He comes and goes. I'll probably see him at the Haight Street Fair. He usually gets to San Francisco for the Fair. We got a really far out street fair. if you're anywhere near the Bay in June check it out. Wear some flowers in your hair.

JustSheila

Crusader
Good for you not knowing it from the inside. :thumbsup:

How do you see Hubbard from what you've known, seen and experienced, Uber?

Uber

Patron
Good for you not knowing it from the inside. :thumbsup:

How do you see Hubbard from what you've known, seen and experienced, Uber?

Sorry I skipped out on our conversation yesterday Sheila but someone knocked on my door. I'm glad it wasn't the cops.

Well, earlier on the thread I said he looks very enigmatic and paradoxical. Like he acts so crazy but he starts with nothing in 1950 and stays on it rock solid for thirty years. And it looks like he went into seclusion at the right time. He got up in years and he didn't want to be remembered as anything but the robust guy he was. He was robust in his sixties. I read Coryden's book and he tells about Hubbard laying down his scooter going more than fifty when he was 62. Busted his ribs, walks back home and won't see the sawbones. The old s.o.b. sounds like a tough buzzard to me.

Crazy like a fox.

Oh yeah...

Birdy asked me for my password last fall. He said he wanted to PM an old friend and ESMB was the only way he could get in touch. Sorry 'bout that but I've been flying the black flag for more than forty years. I turned into an anarchist when I dropped out of the lameass sociology program at Penn State. To hell with the rules, if it feels right, do it. My friend needs my help to get in touch with his old friend and I'm gonna say "Nope. That's against the rules."? In a pig's left nostril. Friendship Trumps the rules every time as Donald Duck said to Mickey Mouse as they passed around a "J" at the Nobody For President rally. I thought that was gonna get me banned but I tried logging on a little while back and found out I was still good to go. But this means Birdy can log on and lurk in the Members Only so I guess you have to ban me now. It's OK. Lurking is good enough for me. "It's been real" as the saying goes...

I never met Hubbard and Birdy never met Hubbard but I knew someone who did. Back in the eighties there was a hippie in the Haight who had been on the Apollo, a musician, played bass and percussion. Real nice guy, I might have got horizontal with him if he didn't have a girlfriend. He never talked much about Scientology. He just walked away, left it behind and did other stuff. But one time he said "L Ron Hubbard was a meatball on a Mobius strip". I haven't got the vaguest idea what that means but somehow it sounds like it makes sense. Another time we were sharing a really tasty burrito and he said "Christ the food on the Apollo was lousy. If the food is lousy the whole damn thing is lousy." Then he paused, shook his head and said "Unless the thing is so truly spiritual food is nothing but body fuel."

I'd like an answer to my question. I don't know anything about the inside of Scientology but so many people who have left say there was something good and rare inside and some even say good things about Hubbsie. But does anyone know anyone who has left and still says good things about David Miscavige?

It's been fun, bye-bye.

JustSheila

Crusader
I'm not a Mod or Admin, Uber and I never have been, either. I'm far too opinionated to ever be objective enough to qualify.

It's a forum. There's nothing more anyone can do than write or not write things here, there is nothing more that you can do than read them, or not. You agree or you don't, you add information or perspective or you don't. You've repeatedly said you haven't been on the inside of scientology. Okay, I'm glad for you. Though I have no idea why you keep saying this, it's great.

Google is your friend. Google your question and see what comes up.

Have a nice day.

phenomanon

Canyon
Sorry I skipped out on our conversation yesterday Sheila but someone knocked on my door. I'm glad it wasn't the cops.

(Snippity snip)

I'd like an answer to my question. I don't know anything about the inside of Scientology but so many people who have left say there was something good and rare inside and some even say good things about Hubbsie. But does anyone know anyone who has left and still says good things about David Miscavige?

It's been fun, bye-bye.

If you are still here, I'd tell you that I do not know Miscavige. I resigned cos in 1983, but I knew LRH, and I have nothing good to say about him.
When I first left, I still believed that the scn tek was useful, but as years have passed I have revised that opinion. The tek is only useful so long as you are in cos. Not so much in "real life".
scn is a bubble. There are many other bubbles. Most will not require you to be an asshole to your colleagues, spend money that you don't have to support programs that are flawed from the get-go, lie, leave your family and friends, humiliate yourself and wait for more abuse. Really. Scn gets to the point where you are paying to handle situations that the cos put you in. ARCx with your Senior, etc etc etc etc ad infinitum.
Nutz!

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
If you are still here, I'd tell you that I do not know Miscavige. I resigned cos in 1983, but I knew LRH, and I have nothing good to say about him.
When I first left, I still believed that the scn tek was useful, but as years have passed I have revised that opinion. The tek is only useful so long as you are in cos. Not so much in "real life".
scn is a bubble. There are many other bubbles. Most will not require you to be an asshole to your colleagues, spend money that you don't have to support programs that are flawed from the get-go, lie, leave your family and friends, humiliate yourself and wait for more abuse. Really. Scn gets to the point where you are paying to handle situations that the cos put you in. ARCx with your Senior, etc etc etc etc ad infinitum.
Nutz!

:thumbsup::yes::clap:

BRILLIANT INSIGHT, phenomanon! :coolwink:

I wrote a detailed response to Uber about my "Take" re: the differences and similarities between El Ron and DM (whom I both personally knew and interacted with) then deleted it as I don't wish to feed Birdsong's Proxy Sock Puppet Troll. :eyeroll:

Face:)