What's new

Hubbard as I see him

phenomanon

Canyon
:thumbsup::yes::clap:

BRILLIANT INSIGHT, phenomanon! :coolwink:

I wrote a detailed response to Uber about my "Take" re: the differences and similarities between El Ron and DM (whom I both personally knew and interacted with) then deleted it as I don't wish to feed Birdsong's Proxy Sock Puppet Troll. :eyeroll:

Face:)
C'mon and post it, Face. I feel sure that we would like to read it.
Ignore the Uber fool.

SuperPowers

Patron with Honors
I wish to salut Richard Dawkins who is celebrating his 75th birthday today!

He is the anti-thesis of Lafayette Ronald Hubbard.

[video=youtube;j7NeSGggF7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7NeSGggF7Y[/video]

RandomCat

Patron with Honors
I wish to salut Richard Dawkins who is celebrating his 75th birthday today!

He is the anti-thesis of Lafayette Ronald Hubbard.

[video=youtube;j7NeSGggF7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7NeSGggF7Y[/video]
The last person he is arguing with in the video is the Rev. Ted Haggard, an anti-gay mega-church pastor who was friends with George W. Bush. It turns out that Haggard was a huge hypocrite, e. g. He liked to fool around with male prostitutes and use meth. :ohmy:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
C'mon and post it, Face. I feel sure that we would like to read it.
Ignore the Uber fool.

Okay Darlin'...Just for you. :coolwink:

Unfortunately, I did delete the Post and don't remember word for word what I wrote. This is my best stab at it and pretty much what I said:

I knew, personally interacted with and observed El Ron interacting with others (on numerous occasions) and personally knew and interacted with and observed DM interacting with others (on a number of occasions).

El Ron, IMHO, was a very literate amoral narcissist, accomplished showman and flim-flam man, consummate liar, highly skilled Con-man, brilliant plagiarist and intellectual property thief and motivated by carefully masked consuming self adulation, cleverly veiled intense greed, hidden vicious loathing of others and pathological fear of someday "being found out".

DM, IMHO, is a semi literate "street smart" thug, amoral opportunist, natural born sociopath, "Gambler's Nerved" Con-man, practiced liar and motivated by blatant self adoration, private and protected personal avarice, constructively masked intense hate for others and a pathological fear of someday "going to jail.

Now, Uber...Out of the thousands upon thousands of words Posted on the Net about DM by Folks that actually knew and interacted him--some of whom I personally knew and interacted with--there aren't more than a dozen words that have anything "good" to say about him.

DM is not "Source"...Very important point that, as a "never in", you don't have a frame of reference from which to grasp or fathom that statement.

In Scn and to and Scns, El Ron is "Source".

Out of the hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of words Posted on the Net about El Ron by Folks that actually knew and interacted with the CommodeDoor--most of whom I personally knew and interacted with--there is far less than a thousand of those words that have anything "good" to say about Hisself.[/I]

Uber, should you not be literate enough in English to discern the similarities and differences between El Ron and DM from what I have written then I suggest you consult with Commander Birdsong--who considers himself to be a "Master" of the English language and Scn "Tech"--and, actually, is not that highly trained in Scn "Tech", never personally knew El Ron or DM and considers that anyone that doesn't "Grok" his free-form, unstructured "Stream of Consciousness" Prose quasi Poetry is "dumb", "dull" and not "awake".

Last edited:

Deadcat

Patron
Dear friends,
If you would describe Hubbard, keeping it short i e using only 50 words or so,
how would you characterize him and his work?
(And if you have personal experience of that man, please enclose such info. )
Thank you.
He developed a tech that's available to mankind and is a tool for everyone to use . He never declared he was perfect.
I did not prejudge himbut base his results if they worked for me and yes they did and for many they did His tech is a great tool

Last edited:

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
The Profit of our modern age.

rc160329_zpstqewv0h7.gif

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Snipped.

He developed a tech that's available to mankind and is a tool for everyone to use . He never declared he was perfect.

A "tool" that comes with an awful lot of strings attached ... and none of them were developed for the benefit of "mankind" ... the only tools to benefit from scientology being hubbard and miscavige themselves.

Hubbard declared his (stolen) tek was perfect and that suggests he was more than slightly impressed with himself (ie thought himself perfect and declared it was so at every opportunity). What do you imagine those ridiculous bronze busts of hubbard were all about? He had them made and installed in every org. He declared himself to be better than perfect Deadcat, he was the Messiah (no less) and there is not a scientologist alive who could have missed that point.

Hubbard didn't do subtlety.

The policy "Keeping Scientology Working" is at the very front of every course pack and it states (in part) that all who sign up acknowledge that they "have the correct technology, know it is correct and agree to hammer out of existence incorrect technology"... bla bla bla de bla (it's been a long time since I was obliged to read it and I'm not trying to recall it verbatim).

I don't usually throw down the definitions of words (it seems so culty) but I'll make an exception for you (grab your demo kit).

:coolwink:

Here's the definition of the word "correct" ... a word tubs liked to use when talking his tek up while telling you (subliminally?) that he was ... perfect.

Correct
(adjective)

free from error; in accordance with fact or truth.
"make sure you have been given the correct information"
synonyms: right, accurate, true, veracious, exact, precise, unerring, faithful, strict, faultless, flawless, errorless, error-free, perfect, word-perfect, scrupulous, meticulous;

phenomanon

Canyon
Okay Darlin'...Just for you. :coolwink:

Unfortunately, I did delete the Post and don't remember word for word what I wrote. This is my best stab at it and pretty much what I said:

I knew, personally interacted with and observed El Ron interacting with others (on numerous occasions) and personally knew and interacted with and observed DM interacting with others (on a number of occasions).

El Ron, IMHO, was a very literate amoral narcissist, accomplished showman and flim-flam man, consummate liar, highly skilled Con-man, brilliant plagiarist and intellectual property thief and motivated by carefully masked consuming self adulation, cleverly veiled intense greed, hidden vicious loathing of others and pathological fear of someday "being found out".

DM, IMHO, is a semi literate "street smart" thug, amoral opportunist, natural born sociopath, "Gambler's Nerved" Con-man, practiced liar and motivated by blatant self adoration, private and protected personal avarice, constructively masked intense hate for others and a pathological fear of someday "going to jail.

Now, Uber...Out of the thousands upon thousands of words Posted on the Net about DM by Folks that actually knew and interacted him--some of whom I personally knew and interacted with--there aren't more than a dozen words that have anything "good" to say about him.

DM is not "Source"...Very important point that, as a "never in", you don't have a frame of reference from which to grasp or fathom that statement.

In Scn and to and Scns, El Ron is "Source".

Out of the hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of words Posted on the Net about El Ron by Folks that actually knew and interacted with the CommodeDoor--most of whom I personally knew and interacted with--there is far less than a thousand of those words that have anything "good" to say about Hisself.[/I]

Uber, should you not be literate enough in English to discern the similarities and differences between El Ron and DM from what I have written then I suggest you consult with Commander Birdsong--who considers himself to be a "Master" of the English language and Scn "Tech"--and, actually, is not that highly trained in Scn "Tech", never personally knew El Ron or DM and considers that anyone that doesn't "Grok" his free-form, unstructured "Stream of Consciousness" Prose quasi Poetry is "dumb", "dull" and not "awake".

That covers it, face.
I don't know DM. I left before DM became the Boss.
The description that you gave of Hubbard is accurate from my experience with him also.
When I first met him, in Phoenix, I knew him as a Performer, just as my other friends were Musicians, dancers, etc. I thought no more of him than any other 'show people' that I knew.
My first impression of him was that he seemed a good Hypnotist, as his lecture audience fell asleep or went stupid.
I have nothing to add to your write-up, as you wrote a summary of LRH that cannot be improved upon.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
That covers it, face.
The description that you gave of Hubbard is accurate from my experience with him also.
When I first met him, in Phoenix, I knew him as a Performer, just as my other friends were Musicians, dancers, etc. I thought no more of him than any other 'show people' that I knew.
My first impression of him was that he seemed a good Hypnotist, as his lecture audience fell asleep or went stupid.

I have nothing to add to your write-up, as you wrote a summary of LRH that cannot be improved upon.

This is GREAT STUFF and oh so true! Hisself could sure enough "cast a spell".:thumbsup:

Coming from you, Phenom, this means a whole bunch to Lil Ole Face.:coolwink:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
That covers it, face.

I get the impression that LRH was one of those kids in High School that told made up stories and never grew out of it and the other one is a classic little man complex.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I did not prejudge him but base his results if they worked for me and yes they did and for many they did His tech is a great tool
All of Hubbard's "tech" failed. Seriously. There is no "there" there.

Removing anecdotal "evidence", none of the promised "results" ever happened. All charismatic leaders of cults had followers who believed and who, even when the scam was exposed and quite well documented, still believed.

So it is with Hubbard. But looking for objective proof that the miraculous results promised by Hubbard actually occurred turns up complete failure.

No Releases.
No Clears.
No OTs.
No "homo novis".
Applied Scholastics - complete failure.
Narconon - complete failure.
Wise management - complete failure.

And so on.

So, yeah, Hubbard left his "tech" for all to use - and completely fail to get the promised results.

Hubbard's only real skill was creating True Believers who see "success" when all there really is is consistent failure.

That's quite a skill. Not a good skill but, apparently, quite effective on some people.

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
All of Hubbard's "tech" failed. Seriously. There is no "there" there.

Removing anecdotal "evidence", none of the promised "results" ever happened. All charismatic leaders of cults had followers who believed and who, even when the scam was exposed and quite well documented, still believed.

So it is with Hubbard. But looking for objective proof that the miraculous results promised by Hubbard actually occurred turns up complete failure.

No Releases.
No Clears.
No OTs.
No "homo novis".
Applied Scholastics - complete failure.
Narconon - complete failure.
Wise management - complete failure.

And so on.

So, yeah, Hubbard left his "tech" for all to use - and completely fail to get the promised results.

Hubbard's only real skill was creating True Believers who see "success" when all there really is is consistent failure.

That's quite a skill. Not a good skill but, apparently, quite effective on some people.

Scn is successful with ppl who have no Game of their own. PPl with no self-esteem, PPl who are poorly educated, PPL who feel inadequate
... PPL who want a way to control others.

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
What's PPL??????

Is that some lah di dah way of referring to humanity????

Is that how you talk???

How you refer to us poor mortals???

Just because I'm not "IMMORTAL" - like some of you blinking Scienopopolologists - is no reason for you to go calling us PPL! ! ! ! !

Christ! One minute its WOGS and the next its PPL! ! ! ! !

Where will this ever end???????

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scn is successful with ppl who have no Game of their own. PPl with no self-esteem, PPl who are poorly educated, PPL who feel inadequate
... PPL who want a way to control others.
I understand what you are saying, but I would use the word "popular" instead of "successful". Scientology really can't be called "successful" in this context unless it provides such people with self-esteem, a good education, a feeling of worth, etc. But I would grant that the people you describe just might find Scientology alluring.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I did not prejudge himbut base his results if they worked for me and yes they did and for many they did His tech is a great tool

Go produce one person who meets the definition of Clear, from the first Dianetics book. Find me one. I'd like to meet him.

Find me one person who improved on Dianetics and Scientology to the point where he meets all the criteria of Clear.

If Scientology produced a measurable increase in ability, if it allowed a stock broker to pick stocks just 10% better, a lawyer to win cases just 10% more often, a business owner to close deals just 10% more often -- there would be a line of people with suitcases full of cash from Fort Harrison to Orlando.

Gib

Crusader

hmmmm,

too funny.

his science of the mind costs one big bucks if one joins the COS, and yet on the free market such as Ebay one can get the same books or lectures for pennies on the dollar as compared to the offical COS.

Why is it that one can get the same books or lectures on Ebay for pennies of the dollar as opposed to the official COS?

The question being who are unloading these books and lectures on Ebay to make a profit? or recover losses?

What was it that Ron said, scientology is the most valuable technology on earth, and you are going bowling. or chasing butter flies?