What's new

Hubbard as I see him

Gib

Crusader
I understand what you are saying, but I would use the word "popular" instead of "successful". Scientology really can't be called "successful" in this context unless it provides such people with self-esteem, a good education, a feeling of worth, etc. But I would grant that the people you describe just might find Scientology alluring.

I'd probably use the words "getting agreement" or "reality" as defined by hubbard but not really "reality" but hubbard used the word reality as agreement, which ain't true, after one has been thru the whole gamut of scientology. LOL

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Reality is agreement. And once agreed in this universe, you cannot thereafter disagree. You can only protest, as many of you do.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Reality is agreement. And once agreed in this universe, you cannot thereafter disagree. You can only protest, as many of you do.

If only there were some tech to get people to agree to agree with something else, you could redefine reality!
(yes this is supposed to read to agree to agree)

Elronius of Marcabia

I'd probably use the words "getting agreement" or "reality" as defined by hubbard but not really "reality" but hubbard used the word reality as agreement, which ain't true, after one has been thru the whole gamut of scientology. LOL

well said Gib and hence we have the walking heads and Hoobards redefinement of actuality for
the children of the corn.

Actually redefinement is the wrong word "perversion" would be a better term.

Fatso was really twisted and tortured human being and he tortured and twisted language
to suit his own ends that is factually and actually true and does'nt matter who agrees or
disagrees, he eventually descended into his own madness and took some with him.

Some dugout and some did'nt and some still are persuadeded by the mountain of bullshit
left by "The Master of Bullshit Mountain"

talk about an A=A computation "agreement = reality":ohmy::dieslaughing:

JustSheila

Crusader

If you don't just make this stuff up as you go, you listen to someone else who does.

That is so ridiculous. Childish fantasy. Yes, Leon, the Tooth Fairy is real. :eyeroll:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
If only there were some tech to get people to agree to agree with something else, you could redefine reality!
(yes this is supposed to read to agree to agree)

Right, like:

"Tell me something about Scientology for which you disagree?"

"Thank you"

"Tell me something about Scientology for which you disagree?"

"Thank you"

JustSheila

Crusader
:laugh:

Every Peter Pan has his Tinkerbell and Captain Hook too. Argh Maties! It's all real!

35506f51e1cb2f4eeb1921fbe2c03091.jpg

George Layton

Seriously though, the sad thing is, scientolocical auditing has helped people to believe in this.

The insidious thing is, a redefinition of reality was included in the scientology package.

Reality was already set before hubbard, or any of the other astral mind fuckers, showed up to enlighten humankind.

The pitiable thing is, so many with a charismatic influence bought into it and believe they were definers of "The True Reality".

First he convinced them they were worthless and then convinced them his tech shaped them into the ultimate of the worthy.

Elronius of Marcabia

Seriously though, the sad thing is, scientolocical auditing has helped people to believe in this.

The insidious thing is, a redefinition of reality was included in the scientology package.

Reality was already set before hubbard, or any of the other astral mind fuckers, showed up to enlighten humankind.

The pitiable thing is, so many with a charismatic influence bought into it and believe they were definers of "The True Reality".

First he convinced them they were worthless and then convinced them his tech shaped them into the ultimate of the worthy.

It is a foundational stone in the philosophy of Hoobard,if its not layed down believed in by the converts
then auditing does'nt work is irrelevant and foolish headtrip where nothing is changed save in the minds
of the faithful.

There are other foundation stones layed to reinforce it "if it's not true for you,it's not true"
"postulates" are the root cause of everything, thought or theta universe etc etc

Oh lets not forget Dr Hoobards math to explain all this 8-8008 where actuality is reduced to 0 and thought is increased
to infinity :ohmy: again my simple math skills fail me when that weird science and looping logic and viral
earworm takes up residence, damn I have an urge to buy a bridge :yes::duh::think::mindblow::headspin::wacko::giggle::laugh::wave::vacuum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i42Smtbmeg

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nope. Sorry but that's total BS.

Reality is reality whether you agree with it or not.

You really need to rethink the BS that Hubbard put in your head.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
In my opinion, this was one of the cleverest tricks Hubbard pulled. When Hubbard's great pronouncements about things didn't turn out to be true he redefined reality!

As long as you agreed with Hubbard - that was "reality", that was "true".

If you happened to notice that reality didn't match what Hubbard said was true -- all you had to do was agree more with Hubbard.

And then you became a True Believer. Any doubts, any uncertainties, any slip where you became aware of real reality -- you just AGREE and all was good again.

"Reality is agreement". That's it. Agree-agree-agree and all will be good.

Jump

Operating teatime
In my opinion, this was one of the cleverest tricks Hubbard pulled. When Hubbard's great pronouncements about things didn't turn out to be true he redefined reality!

If you happened to notice that reality didn't match what Hubbard said was true -- all you had to do was agree more with Hubbard.

And then you became a True Believer. Any doubts, any uncertainties, any slip where you became aware of real reality -- you just AGREE and all was good again.

I got this off http://www.funny2.com/bulbc.htm

How many Microsoft engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
None, they merely change the industry standard to darkness and then they upgrade the customers.

:eyeroll:

Gib

Crusader

Couldn't agree more.

I used to believe Reality was agreement big time when I was in the Hubbard mindset, just like Leon. Afterall, it was part of the ARC triangle where affinity plus reality (agreement) plus communication equals understanding. Hubbard expended a lot of effort and talks in lectures and books explaining reality, and in the tech dictionary there are 12 definitions of reality all based on "agreement".

Hubbard did a great job on me to agree with him.

The simple definition of Reality is "Reality is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined.[SUP][1][/SUP]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality

I
was so thoroughly convinced by Hubbard that the state of "clear" and "OT" exist. I was in total agreement and thouroughly imagined the state of clear & OT exist.

And then one day I looked. I looked at my friends who were "clear" and who were "OT", and I realized they did have perfect recall, nor did the OT's who had done OT3 have freedom from overwhelm. I realized those folks who had gone clear or OT were just normal people but believed they had achieved those states of existence.

It's interesting to note that hypnosis basis is first you must get agreement:

http://www.powerfulpersuaders.com/how-to-use-agreement-tactics-in-persuasion-and-hypnosis/

"Agreement is the art of putting the critical factor to sleep"

http://hypnosistrainingacademy.com/4-covert-agreement-tactics-to-set-a-yes-mood-in-hypnosis/

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 120

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron

Absolutely true! Just like the thousands of scientologists who 'agreed' about the existence of 'clear'. And we all know how 'real' the state of clear is. LOL

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
The measure of old bat shit crazy ? he was bat shit crazy, paranoid, sociopath with NPD.

His depth ? Like an old old outhouse - full of rotten shit all the way to the bottom.

What he gave mankind ? Nothing.

What he discovered ? Being a con man 'worked' for him & that is the extent of what he 'discovered' that ' worked '.

The good he did for us ? He croaked . . . in hiding.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Absolutely true! Just like the thousands of scientologists who 'agreed' about the existence of 'clear'. And we all know how 'real' the state of clear is. LOL

Thus, we [STRIKE]disagreed[/STRIKE] protested with such pseudo state of clear :biggrin:

Last edited: