HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Everybody wants to be like Ron!

NOW YOU CAN:
Become an Operating Thetan like Ron.
Get into Power on 8 Dynamics like Ron.
Lie and cover your tracks like Ron.

WATCH HOW RON DID IT:
How to lie for personal gain, fame, money & power.
How to attack & introvert anyone who detects the lie.

LIVE DEMONSTRATION:
Watch how Ron creatively re-invents reality.
Watch how Ron tricks an audience with wacky false data.
Watch how Ron always attacks instead of defending (or correcting) his mistakes.
Watch how Ron introverts an audience before they can harm him.

You have likely seen this Congress from the late 1950's. In fact it was recently used as the centerpiece of a discussion thread about Ron admitting that Dianetics Book I did not produce Clears.

Immediately following Ron's admission that he was wrong about Dianetics being able to make a Clear, he actually begins to apologize for the monumentally fraudulent "scientific breakthroughs" that are asserted on virtually every page of that book. He finds it "interesting" that he was capable of making such a grand scale error (not to mention that he made a tidy fortune from his utter abuse of the word "scientific" in defrauding the public)

But, suddenly, he switches gears. It is done with breathtaking speed.

He is admitting failure... offering humble conciliatory gestures... and then suddenly WHAM! Just like someone flipped a switch, he comes at the problem of his fraudulent claims from an entirely new angle. (It's actually a remarkably agile and creative manipulation of ideas)

He manufactures (lies about) a wild and ridiculous scenario that purports to explain the REAL REASON why people did not go clear from Dianetics. He is no longer talking about HIS fake scientific breakthrough. He is....

ATTACKING & INTROVERTING! ("2 cool tricks to use on humans")

At approximately 3:33 of the video, Hubbard spins a most bizarre explanation of what is wrong with Dianetics and it is not that Dianetics doesn't work. IT IS THE EVIL AUDITORS WHO NEED TO HAVE THEIR CASE HANDLED SO THAT THEY WILL STOP SUPPRESSING THE PC AND THE TECHNOLOGY AND ALLOW SOMEONE TO GO CLEAR.

Yup, it's not really Ron that lied about Dianetics making Clears.
Yup, it's not really Ron's fault or the perfect, scientific technology's fault.
Yup, it's the evil intentions of the auditor. They don't want to make Clears.
Yup, it's their fault and they need auditing to fix their case.
Yup, then they will allow the perfect technology to make perfect Clears.
Yup, don't look at the unworkable tech or at Ron's false claims.
Yup, look at yourself, at your own case, at your own evil purposes.
Yup, that should be enough to sell some more intensives.
Yup, that should keep everyone spinning, safely off topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqJ2PxEZowM

Last edited:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
GOOD POST:thumbsup:

Brilliant, simply brilliant. :yes:

I hope those still on the fence(lurkers) can "duplicate" this, and finally leap off...:D

TP

HelluvaHoax!

GOOD POST:thumbsup:

Brilliant, simply brilliant. :yes:

I hope those still on the fence(lurkers) can "duplicate" this, and finally leap off...:D

thanks amigo! happy to get a positive response, before some of the e-coroners post a detailed autopsy and death certificate for the concept of this thread. (...and some of those will, ironically, be delivered with standard attack/introversion "tech"! LOL)

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron

thanks amigo! happy to get a positive response, before some of the e-coroners post a detailed autopsy and death certificate for the concept of this thread. (...and some of those will, ironically, be delivered with standard attack/introversion "tech"! LOL)

Yes, indeed:D but we already know *that* ol' script by heart now, don't we?:coolwink:

TP

HelluvaHoax!

Yes, indeed:D but we already know *that* ol' script by heart now, don't we?:coolwink:

TP

You know it's kind of funny, after reading your reference to "knowing that old script by heart", I was wondering how I would have reacted to my own posting (top of this thread) years ago when I was in the "between lives area" (in the twilight that lies between Bridge Devotee and Ex-Scientologist).

There are so many things in life (like this!) that end up being the complete and utter OPPOSITE of what you think they are. That's another thread...

If I had read MY OWN words, at an earlier point in my life, it would have set off alarms, but I think I would have used "standard earplugs", rolled over and gone back to sleep. Sometimes it seems so much easier to side-step chaos and pain.

Ironic! Scientology's scientific science of scientifically raising one's confront on life DOES NOT WANT anyone to actually confront Scientology.

At some level, every Scientologist knows that they are playing a part in a charade. A willing participant in a ritualistic, superstitious, highly complex form of worship and sacrifice.... Even when they vehemently deny it.

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
You know it's kind of funny, after reading your reference to "knowing that old script by heart", I was wondering how I would have reacted to my own posting (top of this thread) years ago when I was in the "between lives area" (in the twilight that lies between Bridge Devotee and Ex-Scientologist).

There are so many things in life (like this!) that end up being the complete and utter OPPOSITE of what you think they are. That's another thread...

If I had read MY OWN words, at an earlier point in my life, it would have set off alarms, but I think I would have used "standard earplugs", rolled over and gone back to sleep. Sometimes it seems so much easier to side-step chaos and pain.

Ironic! Scientology's scientific science of scientifically raising one's confront on life DOES NOT WANT anyone to actually confront Scientology.

At some level, every Scientologist knows that they are playing a part in a charade. A willing participant in a ritualistic, superstitious, highly complex form of worship and sacrifice.... Even when they vehemently deny it.

:D Funny that you should say that! I have had the same thoughts over the last 3 years or so since I left--if only in my mind. What would I have thought of someone making comments such as I am making now, about the "church?" Well,back then, I would have definitely look at the "script" to determine how to "handled" the "poor soul" who had lost his way:whistling: and had ventured to, as we would jokingly call it, the dark side.

You are so right about *most of us knowing* at a gut level that we were participating in this big CHARADE(at least true for me)! I always felt anxious about different aspects of Scio.. Whether it was; the, "hip-hip hoorays" or the generally poor appearance of the staff, the lack of pay, the nonpersons, or the exaggerated tech claims...

Seems like the least confronted subject by Scientologist is Scientology itself:D All those goddamn contradictions, the incongruities...It's "doublethink." I believe that most of us though became very adept at this mental feat:omg:

TP

Last edited:

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
Cool Tricks to use

LRH sounds like a third rate carnie hukster! Is there any relation to that Sham-Wow guy? Reading these posts put the mental image picture of the Sham-Wow guys impersonating LRH in my head.

Oh well, now I can laugh to myself about it all day long and no one will be the wiser...

HelluvaHoax!

:D Funny that you should say that! I have had the same thoughts over the last 3 years or so since I left--if only in my mind. What would I have thought of someone making comments such as I am making now, about the "church?" Well,back then, I would have definitely look at the "script" to determine how to "handled" the "poor soul" who had lost his way:whistling: and had ventured to, as we would jokingly call it, the dark side.

You are so right about *most of us knowing* at a gut level that we were participating in this big CHARADE(at least true for me)! I always felt anxious about different aspects of Scio.. Whether it was; the, "hip-hip hoorays" or the generally poor appearance of the staff, the lack of pay, the nonpersons, or the exaggerated tech claims...

Seems like the least confronted subject by Scientologist is Scientology itself:D All those goddamn contradictions, the incongruities...It's "doublethink." I believe that most of us though became very adept at this mental feat:omg:

TP

The CoS, in their infinite compassion and wisdom, makes it easy for parishoners to handle the 76 million contradictions between what Elron guarantees is true and what is actually OBSERVED directly to be true.

It is contained in the written and unwritten RON'S STANDARD LIST OF PRE-AUTHORIZED STANDARD THOUGHTS & ORIGINATIONS FOR ETHICAL SCIENTOLOGISTS.

When I have a little more time I think I might start a thread on it. Could be interesting and fun!

It is not as totalitarian mind-control as one might imagine. When any situation comes up, the ethical Scientologist is never forced to respond a certain way. So, Scientologists are actually free to have their own viewpoint, whatever is real to them....

That's why the list gives every Scientologist several CHOICES! For every situation there are more than one (1) authorized and standard thoughts or responses. So, nobody can say that Scientologists are not free! (LOL)

EXAMPLE: You meet an OT VIII who has body problems and financial problems. Someone in your family asks you why if they are OTVIII they are declaring bankruptcy and sick all the time. You look over the pre-authorized list of originations and you pick the best one: "Their ethics are out, because they never did the Basics and a retrain on the PTS course because Ron says that you cannot be an adverse affect if you know the tech of how to handle suppression."

It even comes with instructions how to use it. For example if you cannot figure out which is the best authorized thought or response to someone , you can always simply say, "That is so theta!" or "That is entheta!"

A good scientologist knows that Ron's list of ideas and responses are the only way to go totally free. And it cuts out all the devt of having to figure out what to think, say or do. Besides, any other response (not on the Authorized List) is squirrel and comes from whole track psychs! (lol)

Last edited:

Goodbye

Patron with Honors
Immediately following Ron's admission that he was wrong about Dianetics being able to make a Clear, he actually begins to apologize for the monumentally fraudulent "scientific breakthroughs" that are asserted on virtually every page of that book. He finds it "interesting" that he was capable of making such a grand scale error (not to mention that he made a tidy fortune from his utter abuse of the word "scientific" in defrauding the public)
Those comments were clearly made in jest, addressing the existing Scientology audience. By the look of things he was expecting comical disagreement, as more than a thousand Hours of Book 1 auditing says otherwise.

There is a distinct difference making mental/spiritual gain and the state of Clear.

These are the travails and tribulations of any given research in science, be it the mind, medicine, technology, or what have you not ... you think you are there, you've made it, then find out a little while later there is more to it, and then continue to research. In due time all the bugs and loose ends get worked out and voila there you are.

Only later research confirmed the mentioned goal had not been attained. At the time Dianetics was written I am quite sure he was convinced he found it. If he really wanted to cover his tracks he could have called the later state of Clear something else. He didn't, he was quite forthright about the aims and achievements. But then this, as well as the majority of the threads on these forums are really just looking for yet another avenue to bash ... a no-brainer really.

This is an Ex-Scientology Message Board, not an Anti-Scientology one.

Had Mr. Hubbard not persisted along the same Course of Research but would only have been a "One Book" wonder never to be seen again, I might be able to entertain the notion that the Book was only a money-maker.

The Video Excerpt was rather entertaining, had never seen it before. Loved the little jibes at Edgar H. and society. However his explanation of having an evil enemy and trying to be the equal to him as a point of human thought would best be described as a little weird, and the audience seems rather unmoved by those statements as well.

Good twin

Floater
I remember being grateful that I had programs to operate off of that came from Int Management. I couldn't imagine how I would be able to put one foot in front of the other if I didn't have a BP that was dictated by ethical beings I could trust. I mean if I didn't get orders from up lines I might be operating on implants. :confused2:

HelluvaHoax!

Those comments were clearly made in jest, addressing the existing Scientology audience. By the look of things he was expecting comical disagreement, as more than a thousand Hours of Book 1 auditing says otherwise.

There is a distinct difference making mental/spiritual gain and the state of Clear.

These are the travails and tribulations of any given research in science, be it the mind, medicine, technology, or what have you not ... you think you are there, you've made it, then find out a little while later there is more to it, and then continue to research. In due time all the bugs and loose ends get worked out and voila there you are.

Only later research confirmed the mentioned goal had not been attained. At the time Dianetics was written I am quite sure he was convinced he found it. If he really wanted to cover his tracks he could have called the later state of Clear something else. He didn't, he was quite forthright about the aims and achievements. But then this, as well as the majority of the threads on these forums are really just looking for yet another avenue to bash ... a no-brainer really.

This is an Ex-Scientology Message Board, not an Anti-Scientology one.

Had Mr. Hubbard not persisted along the same Course of Research but would only have been a "One Book" wonder never to be seen again, I might be able to entertain the notion that the Book was only a money-maker.

The Video Excerpt was rather entertaining, had never seen it before. Loved the little jibes at Edgar H. and society. However his explanation of having an evil enemy and trying to be the equal to him as a point of human thought would best be described as a little weird, and the audience seems rather unmoved by those statements as well.

Sure, his apology was insincere (or in Scn parlance it was 1.1) , but if you prefer to call it "in jest" then that is what you prefer. But, I will bet that all the money that Hubbard charged pc's and students for that entire first decade was not "in jest". He wasn't joking about selling them the result of clear. If it was a joke, then do you think he gave the money back to those people who paid a lot of money based on his false claims about going Clear?

On your other point, about finding new data after an initial study. Yes, that is common. I have been extensively involved in the R/D and engineering of new medical technology, filing patents, etc. There is no crime in learning more later. But you are not allowed to sell (for MONEY) your products until they have passed stringent standards of efficacy and safety, with appropriate regulatory approvals (FDA, etc.) Hubbard just ran roughshod over any semblance of scientific testing. He never produced a clear with Book I or any time thereafter. It was a hypothecated state of existence which was no more real than any sci-fi book. Sorry, I have learned to be honest and sometimes it is brutal, but isn't it better to be awake and realize that one is getting conned rather than be asleep, dreaming about winning the lottery?

HelluvaHoax!

I understand your point. But consider this. If it was a genuine mistake (the misrepresentations of Book I) then WHY OH WHY DID HUBBARD CONTINUE SELLING BOOK I FOR ANOTHER 50 YEARS WITHOUT ADVISING HIS READERS OR PCS OR STUDENTS THAT THE INFORMATION IS PROFOUNDLY INCORRECT?

Why did they keep selling the same snake oil ? You can walk into any org right now and ask about DIANETICS BOOK I and you will be promptly told it is 100% correct, that it produces clears and then you will be regged to pay for the book and the course and the auditing.

But no one tells you that Hubbard admitted it did not produce Clear.

Any way you look at it, that is knowing and willful fraud.

Even with all my creative powers, I cannot imagine one scenario in which this is not outright fraud.

Moonchild

Patron with Honors

I understand your point. But consider this. If it was a genuine mistake (the misrepresentations of Book I) then WHY OH WHY DID HUBBARD CONTINUE SELLING BOOK I FOR ANOTHER 50 YEARS WITHOUT ADVISING HIS READERS OR PCS OR STUDENTS THAT THE INFORMATION IS PROFOUNDLY INCORRECT?

Why did they keep selling the same snake oil ? You can walk into any org right now and ask about DIANETICS BOOK I and you will be promptly told it is 100% correct, that it produces clears and then you will be regged to pay for the book and the course and the auditing.

But no one tells you that Hubbard admitted it did not produce Clear.

Any way you look at it, that is knowing and willful fraud.

Even with all my creative powers, I cannot imagine one scenario in which this is not outright fraud.

The explanation is simple HH...it's called 'Pious Fraud'.

Mr. Hubbard lied to us for our own good....:coolwink: :whistling: :duh:

HelluvaHoax!

The explanation is simple HH...it's called 'Pious Fraud'.

Mr. Hubbard lied to us for our own good....

Your post was so enlightening......i think i am beginning to see how pure and holy pious fraud really is. I am so embarrassed that I used to think that lying was unethical. I even see the parallels between Ron and Jesus.

Jesus died for our sins.
Ron lied for our sins.

I cannot imagine the personal anguish that Ron must have felt being crucified by we lowly humans running around spreading vicious truth. We had no right to question the reincarnated Buddha.

I know now that my out-ethics situation was going into agreement with the truth instead of flowing power to Ron's divine deception. I am working thru lower conditions and need to make up the damage. I am open to suggestions for amends projects, but right now I am thinking that since DM and the Sea Org is already salvaging this sector of the Universe, I would salvage another nearby sector. Thoughts?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I watched the first bit of this tape yesterday and the thing I can't get out of my mind is his absolute distain for people. The awful smiles, the weird jokes, it is all so obvious now...:grouch:

HelluvaHoax!

Originally Posted by Goodbye

he [Hubbard] was quite forthright about the aims and achievements. But then this, as well as the majority of the threads on these forums are really just looking for yet another avenue to bash ...

Many good people have spent the majority of their lives trying to believe what you are saying, faithfully adhering in actions and thoughts to the holy words of Hubbard...desperately trying to manifest the lofty "aims and achievements" in all those millions of words that Hubbard wrote about achieving "total freedom".

The "bashing" that goes on (which you don't seem to find any cause for) is that the "aims" of CLEAR, OPERATING THETAN and TOTAL FREEDOM were never, ever (not once) "achieved".

Customers get plenty mad when they are tricked, conned and ripped off for all their time and money. Do you think there is any possible relationship between the betrayal (of not receiving what was promised and paid for) and the "bashing" that you...bash?

Question for you to consider: At one time, the founder of another philosophy promoted his version of a Bridge to "Freedom", embodied in the precept "WORK SHALL SET YOU FREE". If a survivor of the Holocaust wrote about concentration camps whose entrances boldly posted it's founders "aim" (Arbeit macht frei) would that also be "bashing"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Arbeit_Macht_Frei_Dachau_8235.jpg

Moonchild

Patron with Honors

Your post was so enlightening......i think i am beginning to see how pure and holy pious fraud really is. I am so embarrassed that I used to think that lying was unethical. I even see the parallels between Ron and Jesus.

Jesus died for our sins.
Ron lied for our sins.

I cannot imagine the personal anguish that Ron must have felt being crucified by we lowly humans running around spreading vicious truth. We had no right to question the reincarnated Buddha.

I know now that my out-ethics situation was going into agreement with the truth instead of flowing power to Ron's divine deception. I am working thru lower conditions and need to make up the damage. I am open to suggestions for amends projects, but right now I am thinking that since DM and the Sea Org is already salvaging this sector of the Universe, I would salvage another nearby sector. Thoughts?

My apologies for not responding sooner HH; as you may gather I'm not the most assiduous of correspondents here!

Yes, I think your assessments and proposed actions are quite correct and proper; in addition, may I humbly suggest that you take yourself to a quiet place and flagellate yourself bloody until you've achieved a suitably higher state of being; you know you deserve it don't you? :coolwink:

HelluvaHoax!

My apologies for not responding sooner HH; as you may gather I'm not the most assiduous of correspondents here!

Yes, I think your assessments and proposed actions are quite correct and proper; in addition, may I humbly suggest that you take yourself to a quiet place and flagellate yourself bloody until you've achieved a suitably higher state of being; you know you deserve it don't you? :coolwink:

Ciao MoonChild!

Thanks for my next C/S! It really indicates!

Can you give me the standard reference for self-flagellation? I am wondering if it is KSW to use the emeter leads ?

PS: I wanted to get off a withhold. I had a thought that I don't want to do it because I don't like pain. I was actually thinking of trying to find a way to not whip myself!

Wow, I can't believe how out ethics I am for having such thoughts! Thanks for being my terminal as I get thru this ethics program and get my mind right!

much love

ron...uhhh, i mean helluvahoax!

ThisFenceHurts

Patron with Honors
QUOTE]

This is quite good :thumbsup: ...did you come up with it?