A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF THE APPLICATION OF "MISSION TECH" TO BYPASS CORPORATE LINES OF AUTHORTIY
12. In October of 1982, I was part of a Sea Org Mission that was sent to San Francisco to "handle" the Mission Holders of the Church of Scientology. The Mission Holders were franchisees of Scientology who offered introductory courses in Scientology to the public.
13. L. Ron Hubbard was upset with the Mission Holders because he felt that the Mission Holders in general were withholding tithes owed to Sea Org International Management. L. Ron Hubbard had also sent down orders stating that several Sea Org members in high leadership positions within the Commodor's Messenger Organization International ("CMO Int.") and the Office of the Executive Director International ("ED Int.") were dissatisfied with Scientology management and were siding with the Mission Holders. L.Ron Hubbard's orders went to David Miscavige and they were clear: Handle this insurrection and crush anyone who protested.
14. The missionaire in charge of the San Francisco Mission Holder's Mission was David Miscavige. Mr. Miscavige is flat out attempting to deceive this court in his declaration when he characterizes his presence at this conference as that of an "invited" master of ceremonies. Mr. Miscavige was the Missionaire I/C (In Charge) and was running the entire operation. Further, his "invitation" certainly did not come from the Mission Holders, it came in the form of Mission orders from the Commodore himself, L. Ron Hubbard. Lest there be any doubt whatsoever about the truth of what I am saying, I invite the court to examine Exhibit "L-99," a true and correct copy of which is attached hereto.
15. Exhibit "L-99," paints a far different picture of the San Francisco Mission Holder's Conference than the "Shore Story" Scientology is telling. Exhibit "L-99," THE SEA ORG MOVES IN, is a newsletter that shows clearly how Miscavige and the Sea Org characterized the San Francisco Mission Holder's conference for the purpose of letting the staff and paying public of Scientology know who had won the power struggle between the Sea Org and the Mission Holders. It gives a far truer picture of what was going on at this conference than even the published "transcript" of the conference, because the transcript was heavily edited before Miscavige approved it for publication.
16. I was part of the mission headed up by David Miscavige that was ordered to handle the San Francisco Mission Holder's Conference. The first thing the mission did upon its arrival in San Francisco was to visit the local Scientology Organization. Missionaire I/C, David Miscavige immediately bypassed all corporate lines of authority and started an inspection of the organization. He decided that the Executive Director of the organization was incompetent and he viciously interrogated him with an e-meter, (a form of lie detector), physically abused him, and removed him from his position on the spot.
17. From the local Org, we proceeded to the Mission Holder's Conference. By this time, David Miscavige had really worked himself into a lather, and he declared two Mission Holders "Suppressive Persons" and expelled them on the spot. This is brazenly bragged about in the issue "The Sea Org Moves In." The doors to the conference room were locked and guarded. Miscavige then lined up approximately 20 other Mission Holders, most of whom were crying and terrified, and told them to get their checkbooks ready as they had been "ripping off" Scientology Organizations of their 'rightful income" for too long. In reality, Miscavige and several others just took whatever amount of money they wanted out of the Mission Holder's corporate accounts.
18. Miscavige introduced Larry Heller, attorney for Scientology who was personally hired by Miscavige, who informed the Mission Holders that the "New Tough Management" intended to prosecute and jail anyone who did not comply with the orders and directions of the new management.
19. Lyman Spurlock, a senior Sea Org executive who was one of Miscavige's inner circle, threatened the Mission Holders with prosecution and explained that the Sea Org now had the power to do this to the Mission Holders because of all the new corporate changes that were designed to exert more control over the Mission Holders.
20. The "new management" is pictured in their Sea Org uniforms at the speaker's table in Exhibit "L 99." These are the same people who manage Scientology today, and they do it in the same manner, through their positions of power in the Sea Org.
21. When all of the speakers were done, each and every Mission Holder was viciously interrogated by multiple missionaires using the e-meter. Then each mission holder was required to have a mug shot taken, one from the front and one from the side, in the same way police commonly do. After the mug shots were taken, the Mission Holders were required to write checks from their corporate accounts for the maximum amount of money possible.
22. When all the Sea Org Missionaires returned to Gilman Hot Springs, which is the true home of Scientology's International Management, the results of the mission were sent directly to L. Ron Hubbard. The Commodore was very pleased with the report he got from David Miscavige and decided to make it a policy to run this mission in European countries where Scientology existed. I was sent on this mission along with others to do the same activity to Mission Holders in Copenhagen, Denmark.
23. This activity continued in other locations, executed by the International Finance Police under the direction of the International Finance Dictator located in the Commodore's Messenger Organization International. All of this was under the dictatorship of Miscavige.