What's new

Hubbard's a fraud - yeah right.

Gib

Crusader
Hubbard hid like a little bitch, while he let his wife be arrested, get taken away in handcuffs, go to trial, get convicted, and sent to prison for his crimes. The man was a straight up piece of shit.

I'm pretty sure he was exterior with full perception. :confused2:

Anonycat

Crusader
More truths from hubbard:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?31348-Draconian-mind-control-Ls/page8&p=797083#post797083

gotta love that hubbard, mankinds greatest friend, he wouldn't let a pre-Ot leave the ship unless he'd gone full exterior with full perceptions and was able to maintain it. :confused2:

well, lets see, the fine print at the bottom says from Ron's Journal 30.

I'd like to see what Ron wrote in Ron's Journal 1.

It seems to me if these were true:

1) Hubbard's "exterior".
2) Thetans competing for new bodies.

That the easiest way to get someone 'exterior', would be for the teacher to go exterior, enter the student's body (get your mind out of the gutter), and hold their little thetan hand, and help you to leave the body.

Or, the student could say: you first, asshole.

Anonycat

Crusader
If hiding under the bed in his Bluebird trailer is exterior with full perception, then he was definitely exterior with full perception

If any motor home could make you go exterior, it would be the Bluebird.

car_salesman_sleezy.bmp

It seems to me if these were true:

1) Hubbard's "exterior".
2) Thetans competing for new bodies.

That the easiest way to get someone 'exterior', would be for the teacher to go exterior, enter the student's body (get your mind out of the gutter), and hold their little thetan hand, and help you to leave the body.

Or, the student could say: you first, asshole.
If any of Hubbard's bullshit was true, the cult would have went running to collected James Randi's $1,000,000 and turned it into a PR extravaganza, complete with photoshopped headless Scientologists.

X-Member-Hooray

Patron with Honors
Really entertaining replies from all. The way I see it is, out of countless new or older Scientologists who all said they wanted to be Auditors or were training to be.

How hard was it to find an auditor, or even a staff auditor, or someone to co-audit with? From my rough guesstimites of the people I knew it seemed that less than 5% would audit for any period of time after they got qualified. I may be wrong in my estimate but recall very few who continued.

If people were getting significant gains either as a PC or delivering high quality services there would be a significant demand.

Anonycat

Crusader
Really entertaining replies from all. The way I see it is, out of countless new or older Scientologists who all said they wanted to be Auditors or were training to be.

How hard was it to find an auditor, or even a staff auditor, or someone to co-audit with? From my rough guesstimites of the people I knew it seemed that less than 5% would audit for any period of time after they got qualified. I may be wrong in my estimate but recall very few who continued.

If people were getting significant gains either as a PC or delivering high quality services there would be a significant demand.

This is an excellent point - supply and demand. If it is good, and people value it, you'll sell it. And, in selling, the more rare the item, the more people will pay. Now, if you're selling something that's the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel, you'll sell to everyone as well, and not even have to advertize. Scientology is none of these things.

Last edited:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
'

Here's L Ron Hubbard admitting that Dianetics does not create a Clear. He describes this fact as an "oversight", in wog world its actually called "fraud".

[video=youtube_share;oNtaxR6wEyc]http://youtu.be/oNtaxR6wEyc[/video]

And the reason why Dianetics - nor any form of Scientology processing - cannot create a Clear is because there is no such thing as Engrams. Because there is no such thing as Engrams, there is no such thing as a Reactive Mind, and with no Reactive Mind, there can be no such thing as a Clear. In short, L Ron Hubbard lied before he started Dianetics, lied in the writing of Dianetics, lied when he started Scientology, and carried on lying afterwards. He never stopped lying. That's the work of a con-man. Admittedly, he did a very good job at it. In fact, L Ron Hubbard is due his place in the annals of history as probably the most successful criminal of the 20th century.

I remember seeing this and going wait... yet, nobody else seemed to have a problem with it. Yeah. I stayed in and thought I was missing something:duh:

ETA: omg, can't believe I left this part out! When I saw this, I think it was part of a video set that was put out that my husband bought. And there were three things that really were messing with me. One, that he was wrong about Dianetics producing Clears. Two, that I had "gone Clear" with a basic Book One session--had the cog in spades. THREE: THAT THEY WERE STILL PROMOTING DIANETICS IN THE FIELD TO RAW PUBLIC AND TELLING THEM THEY COULD CO-AUDIT TO CLEAR IN THEIR GROUPS.

Well, fuck me, eh? After reading a ton of stuff, it seemed like later that Hub said maybe it could produce clears, or something. The guy contradicted himself a lot.

On point 2: I think I've always just loved puzzles of this type, and I probably just figured out "the answer".

Point 3: cognitive dissonance once eased the pain of such thoughts.... now, I'm like :duh:

Last edited:

Queenmab321

Patron Meritorious
I came across this article the other day, and I was struck by the constrast between Hubbard and his preclear contemporary Jonas Salk. Hubbard, who claimed to possess the only authentic means of bringing peace and happiness to the world, chose to sell his secret for exorbitant sums of money; whereas Salk, after creating the polio vaccine, refrained from patenting his invention, instead donating it to humanity. Salk is estimated to have forfeited as much as 7 billion dollars.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2012/08/09/how-much-money-did-jonas-salk-potentially-forfeit-by-not-patenting-the-polio-vaccine/

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think I may have graduated to the next level of being an ex-you-know-what.
At some point while reading this thread it was as if I was a person who didn't know anything about scn and for the first time am reading about Clear, engrams, reactive mind, OT levels, etc. Suddenly it all seems too weird and bizarre! Like who would fall such BS? And to think that I/we did. What a different view of the world I had 3 decades ago. It's creepy!

It's a hell of a moment if you experience it. I still remember mine.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
FRAUD
Noun

1. Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.e.g. Selling the state of clear.
2. A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities. e.g. L Ron Hubbard, Nuclear Physicist

Synonyms
cheat - deceit - deception - swindle - humbug - fake

I am unclear on how Hubbard could possibly not be a fraud.
Two examples, from many, satisfy the dictionary definition.

Regardless of whether he brilliantly announced that the sky is blue, 2 plus 2 equals to 4 and the earth orbits the sun, he was a fraud.

Why look through a shoplifter's bag for that one packet of chewing gum that was actually paid for, to prove that the shoplifter isn't a shoplifter?

People outside the Scientology bubble have zero interest in wasting time trying to find that one elusive, redeeming factor in Hubbard or his work. Why get irritated with them for not seaching for his brilliance?

Blame Hubbard. It was his own constant lying and dishonourable life that has ensured his work will never be taken seriously.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
I'd like to know what that little red light was. It first appears at :45, coming out of his right eyeball. It keeps wandering around near his head for awhile, and at around 3:00 it can be clearly seen near his mouth. WTF? Could this be one of his body thetans?

Or was it a laser sight?

:hysterical:

Heh! Distracting, isn't it? The Youtube video was made by someone recording the playback on a television of the congress video. At a guess, the red light is [STRIKE]one of L Ron Hubbard's Body Thetans[/STRIKE] the "power on" indicator of one of the devices being reflected off the glass front of television screen.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
The greatest show on earth.

It's amazing how hubbard preached to the peoples, and , well, just lying, telling an acceptable truth, trying to make it go right. HCOB's and HCO Pl's are just sales pitches, making it go right.

I think that calling Hubbard a fraud is in the very least an acceptable truth

Rd00

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron

What he said!!

So people trained for years, trained like crazy, learned how to audit with 100% standard tech and then the GAOT arrives and these people are told they have to retrain.

And nonetheless at their own expense.

So what is it?

A) Fraud

or

B) Technical Degrade?

You can only pick A or B.

Rd00

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is an excellent thread.

It is a wonderfuly debatable issue here.

Question.

Do frauds sometimes or oftimes attempt to misdirect people from their fraud activities, such as trying to label Psychiatry as teh bad guys and trying to get people to consider Psychiatry to be the fraud?

Just wondering.

Rd00

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
What beats the crap out of me is when guys see some of what he did and lambaste him for it and decry the "con" of it all - like the talking to plants stuff he did at St Hill, hooking tomato plants up to an e-meter and seeing their responses to verbal statements, Life magazine panned the guy for it. So did many other people and writers. But then during the early 70's some other guys came up with the same stuff and now suddenly Oh Wow, what a breakthrough in science, wow.

Listen to this interview which George Noori has with a guy on Coast to Coast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h_EMRBS8E_U

I mean that's just plain old Dianetics packaged up in a different form. And he asserts the reality of the past lives because - get this - fantasy would never result in conditions disappearing from the guys case. Only reality would bring that about.

I haven't yet heard all of it but Christ, I have heard plenty.

I also heard that Coast to Coast program.

I tend to agree with you on this point. Hubbard was not recognized,as he should have been,for his tremendous contribution in the field of auditing tomatoes. I do believe that, had he pursued this line, and continued auditing fruits, eventually his name would have become well known beyond his dreams; his affirmation to stamp his name across... (I forget the rest) would have come true;undoubtedly,in a more acceptable and positive light. He would have been adored by all, fruits and botanist worldwide and, I am very sure, that by laypersons as well.

Think about Leon, this could have been his seminal work! But, instead of us having, even now, to furiously and devotedly work at wiping clean Ronnie's bodily fluids from our faces, it would have been the the 8,000,000 plus, tomatoes/fruits and highly trained botanist that would have had to have dealt with that matter.

So, bow now Ron's friends, and orally praise him!

I was going to say more, but I better not push it.

TP

Heh! Distracting, isn't it? The Youtube video was made by someone recording the playback on a television of the congress video. At a guess, the red light is [STRIKE]one of L Ron Hubbard's Body Thetans[/STRIKE] the "power on" indicator of one of the devices being reflected off the glass front of television screen.
You just completely shattered my entire foundation for spirituality eternity, I am beside myself, and at a total loss of what to do. I think I better spend the rest of the day trying to telepathically channel Ron by yelling at an ashtray, I know he'll have an answer for me.