What's new

Hubbards' joke on us...

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Adcian -

I hope you will get back to this thread.

I made a couple of smart-ass posts which I now regret and hope you will forgive.

I've read your only other post and gotten some background from your post about yourself. I read that your last staff position was as NSO Snr C/S at CCLA. I also was NSO staff at CCLA (CCInt in '85) from 1984 to 1991. There may be people we both knew from those days: Pamela Lancaster, Chris Baer, Greg Lubaqui, Val Garcia, Ken Ferrara, Vicki Young, Annie Norlen, Hector Carmona and others.

I met Yvonne Jentzch once when she came to visit Harry and Harriet Ingraham for whom I worked at the time, 1975 or so.

Hope you'll rejoin the discussion! :yes:

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Anyone who REALLY thinks it was all just "Hubbard's hoax"... OBVIOUSLY passed a few too many MUs.. and for sure.. you never KNEW LRH.... I worked on the ship.. He lived the life of a MONK, in a "cabin" about the size of a nice, walk-in closet!.. (IE.. about 6' X 8'). Just HOW "stupid" would he have to be to not just WALK OFF with millions & live in luxury? Yeah.. you really "know alot" about Scn.... & LRH.... LOL! He did more in an average week than you likely did in the past ten yrs... ie: He MADE a positive effect on the lives of others... WHAT's your "claim to fame" to dare insult that effort?

Back in the day when the HubTurd was out at sea, he was still dedicated to the premise of actually taking over a country ... some "Oomfoofooland" country in Africa perhaps, but the bottom line was to create a Scientology dominated country. No shit. That would become a base of operations to expand. He wasn't interested in luxury, he was interested in power and occaisionally shtupping some young groupie chick, when he could get his pecker hard. Eventually, he figured out that wasn't going to happen, and he milked his little con game/cult for the money, as per his price increase policy starting in October of 1976. Of course, by that time, he knew that he couldn't show his face without being served court papers, so, he had to hunker down and maintain a low profile. So he had a loyal entourage that helped him hide out here and there, but, as far as enjoying his loot ... forget it. He could have lots and lots of loot, but just not really get to have fun with it as that would be to risk his freedom or at least be served, which would have made him a mere mortal in front of his adoring followers. As far as cult guru's go, at least the RajNeesh or wtf he was called got to enjoy it a lot more ... several dozen Rolls Royces and he got to shtup lots and lots of young female cult groupies before he was finally deported.

If you are going to start a cult, you might as well enjoy the benefits.

Pete

Veda

Sponsor
Adcian -

Well, I see you haven't responded yet. I hope, eventually, you do respond.

There are Class 6, 8, 9, and Class 12 auditors who are members of this Message Board, and many who were on the ship. They've managed to confront the assembled jigsaw puzzle of Scientology and confront the picture that appears, but it wasn't easy for them to do so. It probably won't be easy for you, either.

Here are some videos. Almost all of the people featured were also on the ship. You probably knew some of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvNsUL5BisI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BIWv9Cs5cM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS9ccsUMPBk

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

A deeper trance state, called Theta, can occur when you come home from work, exhausted, and all you have the energy to do is to pick up the remote and watch TV. Television actually creates “Theta waves” in your brain, and advertisers use your suggestibility in that state to “hypnotize” you into buying their products. In fact, one of the reasons there is such an epidemic of obesity in this country right now, is that for the last sixty years, we’ve all been hypnotized into eating the wrong food, at the wrong time and in the wrong amount.

The deepest level of hypnosis, Delta consciousness, allows you to access your subconscious, unconscious mind. There is one simple, central truth about every level of hypnosis: all hypnosis is self-hypnosis. A person who is unwilling to be hypnotized cannot be hypnotized, for hypnosis to be successful, the individual must be willing and cooperative...." [/COLOR]

This is the joke on us; the 'why' for the sleep deprived, overworked and stressed out staff being driven down from the very suggestible theta state into the even worse delta state.

Not to mention how auditing may lock one into a delta state when done evilly.

All this done by a man who happily affirmed his desire "to make all men my slaves."

Make 'thetans' of us all - what better way?

For those that were abused in the delta state would that make them "deltans" and no longer thetans?

Anyone who REALLY thinks it was all just "Hubbard's hoax"... OBVIOUSLY passed a few too many MUs.. and for sure.. you never KNEW LRH.... I worked on the ship.. He lived the life of a MONK, in a "cabin" about the size of a nice, walk-in closet!.. (IE.. about 6' X 8'). Just HOW "stupid" would he have to be to not just WALK OFF with millions & live in luxury? Yeah.. you really "know alot" about Scn.... & LRH.... LOL! He did more in an average week than you likely did in the past ten yrs... ie: He MADE a positive effect on the lives of others... WHAT's your "claim to fame" to dare insult that effort?
Well... some of your facts are incorrect. Are you sure you were on the Apollo with him??? I WAS on the Apollo with him, and LRH had a very nice and comfortable suite of rooms including his famous "research" room... which were all very well appointed and luxurious. He dared not "walk off" when there were enemies of his (real and imagined by him) ready to snag him up and lock him up for a variety of charges, and that was to be avoided by any and all means by him and all of the crew of the Apollo AND all Guardians Offices throughout the world. Hiding onboard the Apollo was an alternative that was prosurvival for LRH. That's why he stayed in that lap of luxury. Is there anything else you would like to say?

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard's joke on us:
Scientology - the science of knowing how to know how to:
1. Con people out of having any money
2. Scam people out of having any relationships outside of the Cult
3. Con people that Scientology is a religion and that it ultimately helps people
4. Scam people that the "front groups" actually do anything except serve a 'dog and pony show' so that Scientology looks like a religion and a church.
5. Con people into believing that L Ron Hubbard was a great man and did amazing things with his life. Hubbard was a con man, he sold snake oil and the world knows it. The only ones who don't are those inside Scientology.

Scientology is the "science of knowing how to know" how to con and scam it's members without them knowing it! Now that is cause!:omg:

... He MADE a positive effect on the lives of others...

He also personally ordered & oversaw the destruction of the lives of countless individuals as well as established a fraudulent cult run strictly by his own directives dedicated to the subjugation & exploitation of thousands.

If you wish to remember the positives you are compelled also to acknowledge the negatives.

Hubbard was no hero.

Mark A. Baker

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron

With nubile Sea Org chickies waiting on him hand and foot. And a cabinet containing every pharmaceutical known to man, hot off the trains from Venus.

I think he did believe his own hype and bullshit. But - between the withholds of long duration, the classic paranoia the drugs and the certainty that he knew that he invented this stuff wholesale, he was completely no-case-gain.

So despite all of the work put in he could not go exterior, could not survive at a level beyond drugged and alone in a camper surrounded by sycophants who showed him the money and then went off to gamble it away when he wasn't looking. And he died. Alone.

If you can't see the truth of this man you can't spot the traps in Scientology. Yes, there are valuable pieces. But there is also loads of complete bollocks.

Veda

Sponsor
With nubile Sea Org chickies waiting on him hand and foot. And a cabinet containing every pharmaceutical known to man, hot off the trains from Venus.

I think he did believe his own hype and bullshit. But - between the withholds of long duration, the classic paranoia the drugs and the certainty that he knew that he invented this stuff wholesale, he was completely no-case-gain.

Hubbard's personal "tech" was self-hypnosis, including drugged self-hypnosis, and to some extent "Magick." When he allowed himself to be audited he went against his own maxim that, "The only aberration is self invalidation."

So despite all of the work put in he could not go exterior, could not survive at a level beyond drugged and alone in a camper surrounded by sycophants who showed him the money and then went off to gamble it away when he wasn't looking. And he died. Alone.

The money gambled-away was a tiny portion. Most was deposited in overseas back accounts.

Hubbard died in a deluxe (1986 money) $250,000 motor home, where he lived, while his luxurious home was built near-by. Actually he had several full time servants, and a full time doctor.

If you can't see the truth of this man you can't spot the traps in Scientology. Yes, there are valuable pieces. But there is also loads of complete bollocks.

I doubt if adcian will be responding any time soon.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
What's an adcian?

Nevermind. Google is my friend. Adcian, for those who don't know, is a member of the FreeZone Auditors group.

Veda

Sponsor

It occurred to me that Adcian is not really a newbie, having joined ESMB the better part of a year ago. It also occurred to me that Adcian, on FZ forums, and IRL, has probably cowered many a nascent ex-Scientologist back into the Scientology reality-bubble.

In response to his attempt to do so here, just recently, he was greeted with accurate detailed information. I, myself, bent over backwards to, politely, give him a great deal of useful information, and it would be nice to think that he's studying it, and pondering it, and the other information provided.

What's an adcian?

Nevermind. Google is my friend. Adcian, for those who don't know, is a member of the FreeZone Auditors group.

That's the same profile. Class 8, OT 7, etc.

Hey Adcian, do you realize you're doing what Ron says?

"I can make Napoleon look like a punk." L. Ron Hubbard, 'Excalibur' letter, 1938

And from the 12 February 1967 Policy Letter 'Admin Know-How, the Responsibility of Leaders' -a.k.a. The Bolivar Policy Letter - on the topic of how a subordinate should relate to his "power":

"[The power asks] 'What are those dead bodies doing at the door'. And if you [the subordinate] are clever, you never let it be known HE [the power] killed them - that weakens you and also hurts the power source. 'Well, boss about all those dead bodies, nobody at all will suppose you did it. She over there, those pink legs sticking out, didn't like me'. 'Well', he'll say if he really is a power, 'Why are you bothering me with it if it's done and you did it. Where's my blue ink?...

"...always push power in the direction of anyone on whose power you depend. It may be more money for the power, or more ease, or a snarling defense of the power to the critic, or even the dull thud of one of his enemies in the dark, or the glorious blaze of a whole enemy camp as a birthday surprise...

"...Real powers are developed by tight conspiracies of this kind... and if they are right and also manage their man [the power] and keep him from collapsing from overwork, bad temper or bad data, a kind of juggernaut builds up."

"I am not interested in wog morality. If anyone is getting industrious trying to enturbulate or stop Scientologists or Scientology or its activities, I can make Captain Bligh look like a Sunday School teacher." 1969, 'Discipline, SPs, and Admin'

So, Adcian, c'mon back. You can't cower anyone here, but you can communicate. :)

Note: Some lettering has been enlarged for emphasis. All italics and capitalization in original.

Last edited:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Every so often a member here will mention how he, she or other insiders knew that Hubbard scorned his fawning followers. That he thought very little of them since they 'bought' his 'religion' hook, line and sinker. That they heeded his dictates like over-literal sheep.

Well, I had a blognition recently that he wasn't hiding how he thought about us at all, he was just clever about it; he used a double entendre.

I think he laughed inside when referring to the True Believers as 'thetans'.

Hubbard posits it as the Greek word for "thought, life force, elan vital, the spirit, the soul,..." in Science of Survival, a definition you won't find in Merriam - Webster, only in the Tech Dictionary.

I believe he meant it in its more frequently known definition, referring to brain wave state, as stated here:

http://stephanieriseley.com/what-is-hypnotherapy

"Hypnosis is a naturally occurring trance state that happens all the time throughout the day – it’s simply a relaxed state of focused concentration. In fact, you’ve probably experienced a mild state of hypnosis, called Alpha consciousness, many times, but just never knew it. For instance, whenever you’re driving on the freeway, but thinking of something else and you realize you’ve just passed your exit, then you were in an Alpha state. That happens to all of us, doesn’t it? And that’s hypnosis.

A deeper trance state, called Theta, can occur when you come home from work, exhausted, and all you have the energy to do is to pick up the remote and watch TV. Television actually creates “Theta waves” in your brain, and advertisers use your suggestibility in that state to “hypnotize” you into buying their products. In fact, one of the reasons there is such an epidemic of obesity in this country right now, is that for the last sixty years, we’ve all been hypnotized into eating the wrong food, at the wrong time and in the wrong amount.

The deepest level of hypnosis, Delta consciousness, allows you to access your subconscious, unconscious mind. There is one simple, central truth about every level of hypnosis: all hypnosis is self-hypnosis. A person who is unwilling to be hypnotized cannot be hypnotized, for hypnosis to be successful, the individual must be willing and cooperative...."

This is the joke on us; the 'why' for the sleep deprived, overworked and stressed out staff being driven down from the very suggestible theta state into the even worse delta state.

Not to mention how auditing may lock one into a delta state when done evilly.

All this done by a man who happily affirmed his desire "to make all men my slaves."

Make 'thetans' of us all - what better way?

Looking at the root word of "thetan", Hubbard's definition thereof and thoughts and theories of spirituality, I disagree.

I do not take "thetan" as an insult or someone laughing at me. However, freeloader debts, RPF, overboarding, various policies? Yeah, those.

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hubbard set the game up so that those at the lower levels of scientology do NOT know about the scam. Most scientologists, including most Sea Org, are true believers, and just like at each level of the Bridge, a scientologist learns more and more as he moves up the heirarchy within the cult. The experience of a public is going to be alot different from that of a Mission staff, Org staff, Sea Org, CMO, INT, etc.

LRH wrote alot of references about games, and reading them now, after I am out, I see that he really did tell us exactly what he was doing, we just didn't see that he was doing it to us.

Remember the saying "The best place to hide something is right in plain sight."? I think that is just what Hubbard did with alot of things.

This is at the end of PDC lecture 39 of 12 Dec 52 titled
"Games Processing":

"Now the caste system of games consists of this -

The Maker of Games - He has no rules, he runs by no rules.

The Players of the Game - Rules know but he obeys them.

The Assistant Players - Merely obey the players.

The Peices - Obey rules as dictated by players, but
they don't know the rules. (and then what do you know?).

And then there's Broken Pieces - They aren't even in the
game but they're still in the game (and they are in a terrible
maybe, am I in a game or am I not in a game).

Now, how to make a piece (this is how to make a piece) -

1. Deny that there is a game
2. Hide the rules from them
3. Give them all the penalties and no wins
4. Remove all goals (ALL Goals)

Enforce their playing.
Inhibit their enjoying.

Make them look like but forbid their being like players
(look like god but you can't be god).

To make a piece continue to be a piece, permit it to associate
only with pieces and deny the existence of players (never
let the PCs find out that there are players).

Now out of this you're going to get a game". - L Ron Hubbard

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Looking at the root word of "thetan", Hubbard's definition thereof and thoughts and theories of spirituality, I disagree.

I do not take "thetan" as an insult or someone laughing at me. However, freeloader debts, RPF, overboarding, various policies? Yeah, those.

That's fine and I understand your viewpoint. However, I just can't discount the hypnotic aspect of it all. What else could there possibly be than the Pattie Hurst syndrome affecting someone the likes of, say, Amy Scobee and her experiences she describes in her book, before she disagreed and got the hell out?

The deepest level of hypnosis, Delta consciousness, allows you to access your subconscious, unconscious mind. There is one simple, central truth about every level of hypnosis: all hypnosis is self-hypnosis. A person who is unwilling to be hypnotized cannot be hypnotized, for hypnosis to be successful, the individual must be willing and cooperative...."