What's new

Hubbard's "Other" Children

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
hubbards children

I read he had 7 children altogether
Eldest child was born 1934, and was Ron Hubbard junior, known as 'nibs'.
He has given interviews and spoken in articles.
I think most people here know the famous videos of him talking about his beloved father. (youtube)

Whenever I meet $cientologist now I ask them if they know how many children Hubbard had, and they usually dont know its seven.
Whilst in the Sea Org I only realy knew about Diana, who I once experienced playing piano at Saint Hill in a concert. (not particularly good).

Only in recent research on the internet did I read about all of his children and wives.
Why didnt we know this while 'in'?
Just google it.

knn

Patron Meritorious
Whilst in the Sea Org I only realy knew about Diana, who I once experienced playing piano at Saint Hill in a concert. (not particularly good).

She's the only child in Scn as far as I know.

Her music LP ("Lifetimes") was OK.

All of LRH's seven children were born in the first half of the year. Only Diana not. LRH Jr has 6 children as far as I know.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is a biography that lists 7 kids . . . .

http://www.nndb.com/people/545/000026467/

Father: Harry Ross Hubbard
Mother: Ledora May Hubbard
Wife: Margaret Louise Grubb ("Polly", m. 13-Apr-1933, div. 24-Dec-1947, two children)
Son: L. Ron Hubbard Jr. ("Ronald DeWolf", b. 7-May-1934)
Daughter: Katherine May Hubbard (b. 15-Jan-1936)
Wife: Sara Elizabeth Northrup (m. 10-Aug-1946, div. 12-Jun-1951, one child, bigamy)
Daughter: Alexis Valerie Hubbard (b. 8-Mar-1950)
Wife: Mary Sue Whipp (m. Mar-1952, two daughters, two sons)
Daughter: Diana
Son: Quentin
Daughter: Suzette
Son: Arthur

In his will, he acknowledged all but Alexis http://home.earthlink.net/~snefru/deathoflrh/1986.html

:)TL

Last edited:

knn

Patron Meritorious
He claimed Alexis was Jack Parsons kid. But Richard Demille (who participated in the kidnapping of Alexis) says
Was taking Alexis to Cuba difficult? Cuba in those days was a country known as a wide open place, you could do anything you wanted to do. They didn't care what you did as long as you brought money. It was the corruption centre of universe. You didn't need a passport, it was a place for Americans to go and have a good time.
He was not planning to keep the baby, he was just using her. Of course she was his daughter - she looked exactly like him.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/demille.htm

at3ist

Patron with Honors
and what about the acknowledged ones, where are they?, why they arent running the church? are they declared?

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just how many kids did Hubbard have?

He was a serial womaniser through the 1050's, both in Australia, S. Africa and England.

I know of one daughter in S. Africa. I audited the mother and met the daughter (who has nothing to do with the cult). Her mother admitted she was seduced by Hubbard in about 1956 in Johannesburg.

After the session, the D/G. Africa ordered that the session worksheets be rewritten omitting any reference to this matter, so they clearly knew about it.

Hubbard's kids have distinguishing physical features.

Apart from fair/reddish hair, they have a pronounced front upper incisor and a sloppy upper side lip.

I'm surprised not to have heard (prior to this post) about "illegitimate" children. But then I got to thinking. . . if I had LRH's kid, I wouldn't talk about it either.

Are there any other such claims out there?

-TL

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Last I heard:

Diana - a lowly post writing speeches for execs
Quentin- suicide
Suzette - a maid on DM's staff
Arthur - artist maybe no longer in the SO?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Last I heard:

Diana - a lowly post writing speeches for execs
Quentin- suicide
Suzette - a maid on DM's staff
Arthur - artist maybe no longer in the SO?

Arthur was out maybe 20 years ago and Suzette nearly as long. She had a thread on her recently as Suzette White, doing marketing in LA. Isn't Arthur doing art in New York or something? http://www.societyfoundation.com/artists/21/arthur-conway-hubbard/ (although that puff piece could have been written by anyone and that website has a Hubbard quote at the end and the domain is registered by something with a group name and a Los Angeles post office box and a gmail email address. I.e. no substance).

Paul