What's new

Hurting Each Other

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Your right. Hubbard was wrong with his claim "Man is basically good." We have teach our children to be good and do the right thing. No one has to be taught to be bad, nasty, and misbehave...it's our nature.
And he was way off about SP's being 2% making 10% PTS. It's now more like 20% MAKING 80% PTS...Thus greed, hate, war etc...:coolwink:

I always liked the basically good thing. I think I even started a thread asking ESMBers what they thought about it.

My current (it's subject to change...) opinion on that is that we probably are basically good but that the problem with the Scn concept is that "Basically good" seems to be defined by their standards. The standards of people who are never ever happy with what you do no matter how you bust your ass - well, those're gonna be self serving ones.

So "basically good" in the eyes of the cosmos/ the Divine/ Higher Power/God? I can deal with that idea and seriously consider it.

Basically good in, say, the eyes of the missionholder for whom I used to work, or the DSA and her asshole buddies who was trying to interfere in my right to read and post? Nah, not so much!

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Oh, and PS- when I say the Divine, I do think it can be outside of us but that there's also the divine within. There is that still silent voice that goes "that's really not the right thing to do" or "go over and talk to her and say you're sorry" or "you're too rough on him/her/yourself". That's part of the Divine, IMO, and should be listened to.