What's new

Hypnotism - Unexpected lecture in 1954.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
"Hypnotism is that process by which sufficient agreement can be made between an operator and the subject so that the subject will agree that the operator has intire and complete control of his intellectual processes!" ( L.Ron Hubbard, Lecture on Hypnosis Oct 27, 1954 )

Well, he's right.. Good thing that scientologists has been 'un-hypnotized'.. Mewhahahahahahaaa!!!

Interesting lecture. In it, Hubbard explains that Dianetics auditing is indeed Hypnosis. Albeit just a little bit.. Nothing to worry about.. Scientologists should continue to enthusiastically give all their money to Scientology, and then borrow some more an give that too.. And then give their intire life to the Sea Org for a billion years and abandon their children for the cause. And willingly accept to be 'rehabilitated' in a slave labour camp for years, should they ever doubt..

What's wrong with those guys? Do they wanna liiiive forever!!???

:wiggle:

AnonKat

Crusader
Bumping with music for new arrived Exes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L8-FTvSVxs

"Hypnotism is that process by which sufficient agreement can be made between an operator and the subject so that the subject will agree that the operator has intire and complete control of his intellectual processes!" ( L.Ron Hubbard, Lecture on Hypnosis Oct 27, 1954 )

Well, he's right.. Good thing that scientologists has been 'un-hypnotized'.. Mewhahahahahahaaa!!!

Interesting lecture. In it, Hubbard explains that Dianetics auditing is indeed Hypnosis. Albeit just a little bit.. Nothing to worry about.. Scientologists should continue to enthusiastically give all their money to Scientology, and then borrow some more an give that too.. And then give their intire life to the Sea Org for a billion years and abandon their children for the cause. And willingly accept to be 'rehabilitated' in a slave labour camp for years, should they ever doubt..

What's wrong with those guys? Do they wanna liiiive forever!!???

:wiggle:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the link Swimmie,

Two hypnotists from the early days of Dianetics in there.Volney Mathieson, Art Coulture.

Art Coulture.
Scientology works because it produces in the pre-clear a state of hypnosis.

Now I am quite aware that Scientologists vehemently deny this. I also realize that many pre-clears, with thousands of hours of processing, may also question it. I can understand this viewpoint, because for many years I shared it. I was once a pre-clear myself, and I know I did not get any of the "mumbo-jumbo look deeply into my eyes" sort of stuff that we have some to associate with hypnotism. And I hotly defended auditing against the "charges" that hypnotism was used. Only gradually, after further investigation, did I come to realize the truth: That I had accepted suggestion to the effect that I was not under hypnosis.

Let me try to prove this. First of all, it is necessary to make a basic distinction between hypnosis and hypnotise. Hypnosis is a condition of increased suggestibility that is produced in an individual. In this condition, there is an increased tendency to accept suggestions made by the operator, on an " A equals A equals A" basis, ' without question or the exercise of critical judgment. These suggestions may be verbal or nonverbal, direct or indirect. The key point about hypnosis is the increased suggestibility.

First, there is the suggestion: "Processing will make you better".

Second, there is the repetitive ritual of processing itself. Please note the stress given to repetition

Thirdly, there is the suggestion that bizarre phenomena will occur. These may be "pre-natal engrains" or "past deaths" or "Facsimile One" or "being three feet behind your head", etc.

remember: "You'll find that you can be in the toils of hypnosis, tho seemingly wide awake and alert"

think about all those scientologists with boxes and boxes of... Basics, Congresses, ACCs playing over and over and over, its "truer and truer"

Sitting down and going over your memories without any suggestion is one thing, being told what youl find is entirely a different suggestion

You will get sick if you leave the Sea Org,

better go clear this lifetime, otherwise youll be implanted and forget,

when something happens to you , its all your fault you pulled it in,

Overts make people blow,

Its THE greatest good,

The non interference zone is dangerous, you will get sick and die.

there should be a list of the powerful Suggestions that Ron implanted and others embellished to control people with, powerful hypnotic buttons.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
from P. Scott said:
This was my first encounter with sensory deprivation, hypnosis, and mind control. The hypnotic techniques used in OT TR0 are sensory deprivation and stress, which produces an altered state of conciousness. In the Philadelphia Doctorate Course tapes, Hubbard says that closing your eyes puts you into a light hypnotic trance. So here, L Ron lies about training you to "confront". In fact, he is putting you into a trance - a trance that is built upon with "the gradient", and which becomes the basis for auditing.

From Perry's excellent article on the TR's which can be found HERE

If you are not familiar with this work it is a worthy read, (albiet long and in depth), enjoy!

:cheers:

Another snippet to whet yer appetite>
from P. Scott said:
Reports of the "thousand mile stare" common to Scientologists are a direct result of this training routine. However, the Scientologist isn't staring at you, he's staring through you. Rather than intimidating you by "confront", the Scientologist is paradoxically in a non-confront. He is aware of your presence, but he's in alpha state and has his mind turned off. Trying to talk to someone like this is like trying to teach a pig to sing - it's frustrating for you and it annoys the pig.

TR0 forms the basis for nearly everything a Scientologist does, be it reading a book, talking to someone, or solving a problem. So, you're trained to go into a trance by the friendly folks at the Org from Day 1, conditioned to accept suggestion while in alpha state as a normal way to learn, and trained to suspend disbelief by Pavlovian command. The general public are hereby advised to steer clear of this exercise.

AnonKat

Crusader
Jay I was looking for these, I believe this is the most Important lecture of Hubbard and the total explanation why Hubbard did what he did.

Last edited:

5equals6

Patron
It's interesting to note that Ron gave his followers all of the essential concepts and components of hypnosis; mockups, the concept of an implant, reverie, commands, compliance, agreement, directing another's attention, attention fixation, situational influence, demonstration of desired behavior(s). Even ARC could be seen as a formula for successful hypnosis. A more fitting acronym; Agreement, Reverie, Command

He was one of the better authoritarian hypnotists I've heard, favoring a so-called "Father" hypnosis style of command.

Last edited:

AnonKat

Crusader
It's interesting to note that Ron gave his followers all of the essential concepts and components of hypnosis; the concept of an implant, reverie, commands, compliance, agreement, directing another's attention, attention fixation, situational influence, demonstration of desired behavior(s). Even ARC could be seen as a formula for successful hypnosis. A more fitting acronym; Agreement, Reverie, Command

He was one of the better authoritarian hypnotists I've heard, favoring a so-called "Father" hypnosis style of command.

And what about those training routines: "Touch that fence.......thank you. Give me all your money.....thank you. Drop your body.......thank you."

But I will stand by my opinion, he had it down to an art. Ahead of his time, many thinkgs like "processing" found their way into metapsychology stripped from the "religious" conotation.

Last edited:

5equals6

Patron
And what about those training routines: "Touch that fence.......thank you. Give me all your money.....thank you. Drop your body.......thank you."

But I will stand by my opinion, he had it down to an art. Ahead of his time, many thinkgs like "processing" found their way into metapsychology stripped from the "religious" conotation.

Yes, all accurate examples of aspects of hypnosis and behavior modification.

There seems to be a derogatory implication regarding hypnosis in general when mentioned in this context. I think that's an inaccurate assertion.
Hypnosis can be viewed, in part, as successful influence. We are all 'hypnotized' as children, by default, since children lack the critical thinking skills necessary to evaluate suggestion. We allow ourselves to be hypnotized at a good movie, when immersed in a great novel, listening to an effective speach by a favored politician. Language itself can be seen as a type of hypnosis, where we agree to use symbols to represent phenomenon that, by the very nature of a symbol, limits aspects about that phenomenon.
Perhaps what the more fundamental idea regarding Ron and hypnosis is, has to do with his intentions; his desired EP in using the tools of influence.

AnonKat

Crusader
Yes, all accurate examples of aspects of hypnosis and behavior modification.

There seems to be a derogatory implication regarding hypnosis in general when mentioned in this context. I think that's an inaccurate assertion.
Hypnosis can be viewed, in part, as successful influence. We are all 'hypnotized' as children, by default, since children lack the critical thinking skills necessary to evaluate suggestion. We allow ourselves to be hypnotized at a good movie, when immersed in a great novel, listening to an effective speach by a favored politician. Language itself can be seen as a type of hypnosis, where we agree to use symbols to represent phenomenon that, by the very nature of a symbol, limits aspects about that phenomenon.
Perhaps what the more fundamental idea regarding Ron and hypnosis is, has to do with his intentions; his desired EP in using the tools of influence.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?17084-LRH-briefs-Jim-Dincalci-Project-Normandy

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?19256-L-Ron-Hubbard-orders-R2-45-on-12-people

r2-45_small.jpg

They did not "find their way into metapsychology". AFAIK it was more like scientology was re-written by an ex COS scientologist in a way which would sanitize it into academic acceptability.

AnonKat

Crusader
They did not "find their way into metapsychology". AFAIK it was more like scientology was re-written by an ex COS scientologist in a way which would sanitize it into academic acceptability.

WELL YOU ARE RIGHT TOTALLY, you are one of the most ethical beings on the planet

http://www.tir.org/about-amp.html

Applied Metapsychology

"Meta" means "beyond". The term metapsychology, coined by Freud, has been defined by Frank A. Gerbode, M.D. as follows "The science that unifies mental and physical experience. Its purpose is to discover the rules that apply to both. It is a study of the person, his/her abilities, and experience, as seen from his/her own point of view. It goes beyond the study of behavior to the study of that which behaves, the person him or herself, and the person's perceptual, conceptual, and creative activity."

In other words, you are at the center of this work when you embark upon the adventure of applying this subject.

Applied Metapsychology then is the application of structured techniques within a generally person-centered context, designed to permit a person to examine his or her: life, mind, emotions, experiences (including traumatic experiences), decisions, fixed ideas, and successes, with the aim of resolving areas of emotional charge and returning to a more productive and satisfying life.

Dr. Gerbode began the development of Applied Metapsychology in the 1980s. It grew mainly out of the work of Carl Rogers and Sigmund Freud. In "Two Short Accounts of Psycho-Analysis", Freud describes a method to resolve sequences of similar traumas:

"What left the symptom behind was not always a single experience. On the contrary, the result was usually brought about by the convergence of several traumas, and often by the repetition of a great number of similar ones. Thus it was necessary to reproduce the whole chain of pathogenic memories in chronological order, or rather in reversed order, that latest ones first and the earliest ones last; and it was quite impossible to jump over the later traumas in order to get back more quickly to the first, which was often the most potent one."

Freud seems to have abandoned this technique in favor of the technique he called free association, but we have found it enormously fruitful when done very systematically and when a person is allowed to go through each incident several, or possibly a great many, times before proceeding to an earlier incident. Going through an incident repetitively allows a person to confront its contents much more fully than only going through it once.

The work of Carl Rogers was invaluable in providing rules - such as a proscription against interpretations and evaluations - and an overall viewpoint of respect for the authority of the client, both of which tend to help create a safe environment.

Although Rogers first described his work as "non-directive" and later as "person-centered", Dr. Gerbode took the position that "non-directive" doesn't mean the same thing as "person-centered", and that these two are actually orthogonal (not on the same plane) to each other. He defined "person-centered" as the attitude of respect for the superior authority of the client and the concomitant rules for not stepping on the client's reality, and "non-directive as the client giving structure to the session. For instance, classical, free-associative psychoanalysis is non-directive, but not person-centered. Cognitive and behavioral therapies are non-person-centered (because the therapist disputes the reality of the client) and directive (the therapist determines the agenda). Rogers is non-directive and person-centered. Applied Metapsychology techniques fall into the fourth category: person-centered and directive.

What Dr. Gerbode has achieved with the development of this subject is an internally consistent body of work, based on clearly stated philosophical principles. From a client's point of view, the work begins by meeting with a practitioner (facilitator) and doing an intake interview. From the information gathered from the interview, the facilitator makes a plan to address the issues of concern to the client (viewer). Some viewers come in with their attention on one particular traumatic event, maybe a recent one, which can be effectively addressed using Traumatic Incident Reduction. Ideally, the viewer and facilitator have the opportunity to do a complete Life Stress Reduction Program, designed specifically to meet the needs of that viewer.

Freud once said that the purpose of psychotherapy was to take people from "hysterical misery to normal unhappiness". The first stage of Applied Metapsychology work (including Traumatic Incident Reduction and Life Stress Reduction) is designed to take people from anywhere on the scale of "hysterical misery - normal human unhappiness" to a point of satisfaction and resolution.

Beyond that, in the second phase of Applied Metapsychology work, where we move into the realm of personal growth, enhanced abilities, and the exploration of full human potential. Since Applied Metapsychology work is considered to be educational in nature, this extensive piece of work is called the viewing "Curriculum".
The purpose of Applied Metapsychology is to:

Bring about more rapid and complete resolution of the traumatic stress that results from all sorts of traumatic events:
Injuries
Accidents
Emotional and physical shocks
Illness
Losses of all kinds including:
Loss of a loved one
Loss of a relationship
Loss of a job or career
Provide an effective method to address problematic life issues such as
Relationship difficulties
Low self esteem or self-confidence
Career problems
Loss of vitality and enthusiasm
Move beyond the goal of returning someone to a normal level of functioning and feeling relatively all right, to empowering real personal growth and self-actualization
Explore human potential

When You Can't Use Applied Metapsychology:

We believe that Applied Metapsychology is beneficial for most people, with a few exceptions, outlined below. This assumption is based on the provision that they are working with a facilitator who is working inside of the rules of the techniques.

Have ongoing problems with street drugs or alcohol. Clients need to be stably off such substances before your work can begin.
Certain kinds of medications don't work well with our techniques. In general, these fall into the category of sedatives, strong pain-killers, and major and minor tranquilizers. Lithium and selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as Prozac, have been found not to interfere with the work, since they do not tend to reduce awareness.
Have a psychiatric disorder that interferes with their ability to mentally focus on a specific area.
Have been sent to work with a facilitator by an outside party, for instance, a concerned relative or the courts, but are not themselves interested in being helped. This is not to say that such clients cannot be worked with, but to make progress with these techniques, a client must first be engaged and their willingness to do the work obtained.
Are in life situations that are too painful or threatening to permit them to concentrate on anything else, such as the work of the session. Such individuals may benefit from Consultation or may need some other kind of intervention before beginning the this work.