What's new

Hysterical STANDING OVATIONS. HITLER had them too

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Circa Feb. 1982, my first night in Stevens Creek Mission, everyone standing and clapping at a picture of LRH on the wall. It was probably the first clue I had that something is not right in Scientology. I had read The Gulag Archipelago a few years previously and [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Solzhenitsyn describes the Central Committee standing and clapping at a portrait of Stalin for forty-five minutes, no one wanting to be the first to stop and be seen as an "enemy". Could end a career and get shipped to the Gulag for that. So I was intrigued by this same silliness in Scientology and wanted to see how long it lasted. When I was in the SO at INCOMM I never saw it go on more than maybe three minutes or so, although it felt like forever sometimes. Anyway, The Gulag Archipelago is a first person account of just how insane humans can go with group think and one of the most depressing books ever written so I knew right from the start from what I saw that Scientology had the same potential for idiocy. How did this clap at the LRH picture get started? Any old-timers know the story?

I'm not going to watch the video with the midget, It would be 2:33 of my life I'd never get back. :)
[/FONT]

Starting off on a Div6 course, it seemed strange to me but, does one actually notice when he crosses the line from just doing it like everyone else, to feeling compelled and it eventually becomes a giant pissing contest where everyone is trying out-clap and out-cheer everyone else?

In order to avoid a sudden UNEXPECTED non-scripted, non-rehearsed
spontaneous communication to the the crowds:::

Every every single word must be pre-approved by Miscavige himself.
There is no Ad Lib.

There is no word spoken that has not been "billed and drilled" ahead of time !

I'll back this from my own experience. Letters to papers had to be proofed by OSA, and around any media-related event, all staff were specifically instructed to give a distinctly neutral response to any question and refer the inquirer to OSA personnel.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Yeah, I gotta pretty much agree with you there! :thumbsup:

It's funny. I never liked Scientology events, even back in the 1980s, and that was WAY BEFORE they got so horrendously over-the-top glitchy, and gaudy and OVER-PRODUCED to the MAX! Even back then, they seemed so contrived, and the excessive PR and exaggerations were annoying and simply difficult to tolerate. Just the "look" of a modern Scientology event is so TACKY. They are "materialism pushed to an absolute nauseous limit".

And, I am supposed to believe that all of these people with cute little pins and large dangling gold medals are "advanced spiritual beings"? :duh: :duh:

It is amazingly absurd to me. In my involvement with Scientoogy I NEVER for a moment had ANY desire to get a nice gold medal, and stand up in front of some event audience with people clapping in enthusiastic admiration. Maybe I am "out of it", but such things never did and still don't make ANY sense to me. Not to mention that people actual find "meaning" in doing such things.

Yeah, I hear ya brotha!

Decades ago while in a NOTS session at Flag, I actually had to "get off a withhold" that I fucking hated the rah-rah events. Suddenly at that moment here was a poignant PAUSE in the session--and what I am sure was a glint of recognition--even agreement--from the auditor. We both knew the events were a sham. Then the auditor hit "play" and the session resumed with the obligatory ordained commands to "handle" my anti-social eruption. LOL.

What is the point of all that carnival pageantry?

I just cringe and shudder when I think of the faces in the audience near me "beaming" out their ARC-ful love and admiration for whatever they were told to have ARC-ful love and admiration for.

And, in other more covert "events" called Goldenrod, Scientologists are equally able to hate on cue as well.

I was pretty sure that there was something wrong with me. And there was.

I was very naively embedded in a lying cult. Ooops!

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

No standing ovation can compare with the multiple standing ovations at the LRH Death Event in 1986 - standing ovations for RON's ultimate achievement of having causatively discarded his healthy body because it had become an impediment to research. Here Robert Vaughn Young talks about the shore story invented for the rank and file (From 3:12 - 4:00):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS9ccsUMPBk

When Scientologists are warned to stay away from the Internet, it is precisely presentations like this they are trying to avoid.

When Indie Scientologists are afraid to come to ESMB and (instead) hurl names like "hater" and "natterer" and "low toned entheta" they are talking about this kind of documentary that they are so fearful of.

They are actually not afraid of haters & natterers. They are afraid of facts.

What would actually happen if Indie Scientologists were polled for whether they think Ron Hubbard knowingly, causatively and intentionally "shed his encumbrance" to go to do research in outer space?

It's one of the dirty little secrets of "indies" that they don't answer questions like that with very few exceptions.

There are so many forbidden subjects for a Scientologist to learn about. Especially Scientology.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is that from the latest event?

Miscavige looks like he is in the Land of the Giants.

The sea ogre who forgot to bring along the telephone books for DM to stand on will be RPF'ed up now until doomsday or the end of the Cof$, whichever comes first.

Pete

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Pretty sure all those dangly little green ribbons are 'Blow-job Appreciation' awards, call of duty above and beyond stuff......

But really, could anyone human get past 30 seconds of that pap?

*wipes barf offa screen*

yuck.

That's obvious, you miserable degraded espee ... you can't look at the COB because you are just too damn downstat and you have too many overts. WTF ARE YOUR CRIMES??????????????????????????????? OUT WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL FEEL BETTER ONCE YOU CONFESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, I hear ya brotha!

Decades ago while in a NOTS session at Flag, I actually had to "get off a withhold" that I fucking hated the rah-rah events. Suddenly at that moment here was a poignant PAUSE in the session--and what I am sure was a glint of recognition--even agreement--from the auditor. We both knew the events were a sham. The the auditor hit "play" and the session resumed with the obligatory ordained commands to "handle" my anti-social eruption. LOL.

I just cringe and shudder when I think of the faces in the audience near me "beaming" out their ARC-ful love and admiration for whatever they were told to have ARC-ful love and admiration for.

And, in other more covert "events" called Goldenrod, Scientologists are equally able to hate on cue as well.

I have just the thing for you, HH ... 300 hours of op-pro-by-dupe followed by another 30 hours of rehearsal of "We Stand Tall" should fix you right up. After that, you will, if we permit you the privilege, be fully able to enjoy the events with all the other upstat suckers oops, I meant Scientologists. You WILL love LRH and DM.

Pete

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
I like the way he stands at a safe distance from the Big Guy who must be about twice his height.

I like the rows of empty seats.

I like the way he is scratching around in remote corners of the empire to find his witnesses.

Poor little man! He looks a lot older and his face is kind of crumbling.

The COB is a true OATEE!!!!!!!!! I wonder how YOUR face would stand up to 4 packs of unfiltered Camels and 2 quarts of single malt scotch every day!!!!!!

Pete

Good twin

Floater
Yeah, I hear ya brotha!

Decades ago while in a NOTS session at Flag, I actually had to "get off a withhold" that I fucking hated the rah-rah events. Suddenly at that moment here was a poignant PAUSE in the session--and what I am sure was a glint of recognition--even agreement--from the auditor. We both knew the events were a sham. The the auditor hit "play" and the session resumed with the obligatory ordained commands to "handle" my anti-social eruption. LOL.

and this brings up a very important point in my opinion. I think we spend a lot of time and energy sorting out why we got into the cult in the first place. It's almost like we still blame ourselves for missing the brain cells that would have warned us to stay away.

We read books and study the stories of other exes for insight into what psychological loophole left us on the threshold of the cartoon philosophy's doorstep without a basket or blanket to comfort us. We turned to our enslaver for answers to our entrapment. We still feel "special" but not in that "upper tenth of the upper tenth" way. It's more like belonging to an elite club of people without enough sense to avoid being conned out of having a life or future of any substance.

But here seeing your J&Ding wisdom, I see a certain simplicity to being one of Hubbard's carnival acts. It's really no different than stepping in shit. Shit is out there. Someone is bound to step on some from time to time. You can stop and wipe it off or you can keep on walking along enjoying the scenery, but eventually the smell is going to bother you. By the time this happens you might be so used to walking with shit on your feet you can't imagine walking in clean shoes.

Now I understand those people who ask you to take your shoes off before coming into their homes.

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
Circa Feb. 1982, my first night in Stevens Creek Mission, everyone standing and clapping at a picture of LRH on the wall. It was probably the first clue I had that something is not right in Scientology. I had read The Gulag Archipelago a few years previously and [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Solzhenitsyn describes the Central Committee standing and clapping at a portrait of Stalin for forty-five minutes, no one wanting to be the first to stop and be seen as an "enemy". Could end a career and get shipped to the Gulag for that. So I was intrigued by this same silliness in Scientology and wanted to see how long it lasted. When I was in the SO at INCOMM I never saw it go on more than maybe three minutes or so, although it felt like forever sometimes. Anyway, The Gulag Archipelago is a first person account of just how insane humans can go with group think and one of the most depressing books ever written so I knew right from the start from what I saw that Scientology had the same potential for idiocy. How did this clap at the LRH picture get started? Any old-timers know the story?

I'm not going to watch the video with the midget, It would be 2:33 of my life I'd never get back. :)
[/FONT]

During the later part of 1973, International Management came up with the LRH Birthday game. We were to 5X our stats. I remember us (San Diego Org) standing around a picture of LRH and having to chant "Hip, Hip Ho ray" three times to LRH, followed by lots of clapping. I don't know if this is where this first started but it was done during the period of his birthday game.

I've been in business 27 years now and I would be ecstatic if I could double my current production. 5X was unreal then as it is now. We were trying to body route people into the Org at 2:00 in the morning! After this game we were then ordered to 7X our stats. I chose to go to the RPF instead.

Gadfly

Crusader
I have just the thing for you, HH ... 300 hours of op-pro-by-dupe followed by another 30 hours of rehearsal of "We Stand Tall" should fix you right up. After that, you will, if we permit you the privilege, be fully able to enjoy the events with all the other upstat suckers oops, I meant Scientologists. You WILL love LRH and DM.

Pete

:hysterical:

While the 300 hours of Op Pro By Dup might be tough, the rehearsal for "We Stand Tall" would be HORRIBLE BEYOND BELIEF.

The US government should take this soundtrack and play it for 24 hours every day in prisons holding terrorists, or us it as a "psy ops" method to lure out hidden terrorists of the mountains of Afghanistan. Or, use it with interrogation techniques to force captives to "talk" after making them watch this video non-stop for DAYS.

Shit, having to listen to and watch this for 30 hours would be more "back-breaking" than the "Wall of Fire". :confused2:

But, give it a try. The way out is the way through!. :duh:

[video=youtube;XyNh1j3dsp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyNh1j3dsp8[/video]

Last edited:

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Back in the days of the Missions, when I went to missions in the mid-70s to early 80s, we only clapped at musters for each other; we never clapped at a picture of LRH.

As a matter of fact there were not that many pictures of LRH around in comparison to what I saw going up on org walls beginning in the mid 80s.

Speaking of accolades for LRH I think a good Youtube video would be one that shows a person walking up to the LRH bust, turning his rump towards the bust and leaning the rump close to the bust and cutting loose with a huge loud break winded flatulence like none ever heard before.

Then he can walk away and as he does he mutters "dude, hip hip hooray"

Rd00

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
and this brings up a very important point in my opinion. I think we spend a lot of time and energy sorting out why we got into the cult in the first place. It's almost like we still blame ourselves for missing the brain cells that would have warned us to stay away.

We read books and study the stories of other exes for insight into what psychological loophole left us on the threshold of the cartoon philosophy's doorstep without a basket or blanket to comfort us. We turned to our enslaver for answers to our entrapment. We still feel "special" but not in that "upper tenth of the upper tenth" way. It's more like belonging to an elite club of people without enough sense to avoid being conned out of having a life or future of any substance.

But here seeing your J&Ding wisdom, I see a certain simplicity to being one of Hubbard's carnival acts. It's really no different than stepping in shit. Shit is out there. Someone is bound to step on some from time to time. You can stop and wipe it off or you can keep on walking along enjoying the scenery, but eventually the smell is going to bother you. By the time this happens you might be so used to walking with shit on your feet you can't imagine walking in clean shoes.

Now I understand those people who ask you to take your shoes off before coming into their homes.

Interesting comparison!!! But I believe that you are being too damn hard on yourself. There were plenty of people that I knew at the time that immediately reacted with "IT'S A SCAM!" and they were right, true enough ... but those folk who reacted that way, in spite of better common sense than I had at the time, were also far less cerebral, not nearly as well read, probably not as high IQ as per IQ tests, and not nearly up to my level of raw problem solving ability. They simply had a better instinct. Those that I was able to turn on to Scientology, believing that it was a great thing at the time, were actually those that were a lot more intelligent than most. So why was that?????

In general, older folk don't get recruited into Scientology. The typical Scientology recruit, at least when I was recruited in 1974 ... is in his or her 20's, brighter than most, searching for something, looking for answers, and disdainful of an authoritarian approach. For instance, the wisest of answers were not good enough for me just because "IT SAYS SO IN THE BIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!" I had to know WHY. All of the qualities that I mentioned were/are positive traits ... high intel/problem solving ability, questioning everything, being well read, being willing to think outside the box ... all of that ... great! What was lacking was a more well developed bullshit detector. Plain and simple.

My involvement in Scientology cost me dearly because I let it. As far as my participation here on ESMB ... that is, to me, more of an outlet than anything else, because I work out of an office in my home and since I stopped drinking coffee I almost never go to StarPukes anymore. This is pretty much it for me as far as anyone to communicate with other than the wife or going to church on Sunday morning or ranting about the income tax on various editorial replies.

Anyways, as per your analogy ... either taking the time to clean the dog shit off your shoes or just keeping on walking works. If you keep walking, the last remnants of the dog log will get wiped off, along with the smell, particularly if you walk thru some wet grass or some low puddles on the sidewalk.

Pete

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Back in the days of the Missions, when I went to missions in the mid-70s to early 80s, we only clapped at musters for each other; we never clapped at a picture of LRH.

As a matter of fact there were not that many pictures of LRH around in comparison to what I saw going up on org walls beginning in the mid 80s.

Speaking of accolades for LRH I think a good Youtube video would be one that shows a person walking up to the LRH bust, turning his rump towards the bust and leaning the rump close to the bust and cutting loose with a huge loud break winded flatulence like none ever heard before.

Then he can walk away and as he does he mutters "dude, hip hip hooray"

Rd00

That was definitely true at the Groton CT mission from the mid 70's to the time I left for California in late '81. There was no hero worship cult nonsense. But listening to every phuggen newbie's lame phuggen win and having to clap at that was excruciating after awhile anyways.

Pete

HelluvaHoax!

I like your book wayyyyyyyyy better than Ron's book.

SOS.

Science of Shit.

Veda

Sponsor

-snip-

Going back to my first contact with Scientology, there was a giant gold framed photo of Hubbard in the New York Academy in 1970, and it was applauded. Smaller framed photos of Hubbard in the Org's lobby were also sometimes applauded. There was also usually a photo of Hubbard in offices and the nicer auditing rooms. It was a way of saying, "I'm on Source," which was big deal at the time.

When I first visited the Org in the fall of 1969, with my Scientology ticket from from an Incredible String Band concert, a new completion of some kind was announced in the lobby, and the person was applauded, a few seconds later everyone in the lobby, including the person being applauded, turned to a (smaller) Hubbard photo and began applauding that, I and my (raw meat) friends were quickly led into a side room where we saw a short film featuring Stephan Boyd, and received a lecture on "ARC."

I don't know what Missions you went to, but the bigger missions, circa 1970s, usually had at least one giant gold framed photo of Hubbard, and many small photos. It was "standard."

There was also, usually, at least one giant photo in the main - larger - Orgs, circa late 1960s, early 1970s.

The LRH bronze busts appeared around 1963, complete with instructions re. their proper treatment.

As a general rule, the photo thing varied somewhat the further one went from SOURCE, and the smaller the set up. There were some Missions and some field auditors, who specialized in handling (often well-to-do) "raw meat wogs," and these sometimes downplayed the photo display, since their public were not yet high enough on the Hubbard scale of Awareness Characteristics to appreciate them.

Another aspect of this were the Advance!' magazine covers from the mid 1970s that depicted Hubbard as the reincarnated Buddha.

Yeah, I gotta pretty much agree with you there! :thumbsup:

It's funny. I never liked Scientology events, even back in the 1980s, and that was WAY BEFORE they got so horrendously over-the-top glitchy, and gaudy and OVER-PRODUCED to the MAX! Even back then, they seemed so contrived, and the excessive PR and exaggerations were annoying and simply difficult to tolerate. Just the "look" of a modern Scientology event is so TACKY. They are "materialism pushed to an absolute nauseous limit".

And, I am supposed to believe that all of these people with cute little pins and large dangling gold medals are "advanced spiritual beings"? :duh: :duh:

It is amazingly absurd to me. In my involvement with Scientology I NEVER for a moment had ANY desire to get a nice gold medal, and stand up in front of some event audience with people clapping in enthusiastic admiration. Maybe I am "out of it", but such things never did and still don't make ANY sense to me. Not to mention that people actual find "meaning" in doing such things.

TACKY?

the stage mockups are so garish and grotesque they make ceasar's palace look amish

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yes, he is pretending that he speaks Spanish or Russian...yeah right! ROTFWL!:roflmao:

Amazing

Wow

Mr Miscavige - you're the best example :omg:
and you, yourself, are so proud to pseudo-translate so your approved speach!

Too much humbleness - too much :omg:

What a scam :nervous:

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
It is great for he Lulz.

And who is that 'general'? It is a well known fact that the military is connected with the mafia. I would like to know the name of that man.

I don't think I want to watch that video. Can someone say who this uniformed guy is supposed to be? That loose array of medals he's wearing doesn't look real to me.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
as laughiing AT david miscavige seems to be the subject, here is david's "Vanity Patent"

a plastic cage to surround a lavalier microphone, this piece of 'art' was produced by Smith, Larkin and Kidde... longtime clam lawyers...

A Vanity patent is a patent created in order to increase the esteem of the patent's supposed 'creator'. I worked for a law firm in DC years ago doing patent drawings, and found out about such things when I recioeved a work order was for drawings of a ludicrous patent, and i asked the Lawyer 'you can't be serious' and she explained the 'Vanity patent' syndrome.... The patent was by the wife of a deceased big shot General motors Exec who wished to elevate her status from "trophy wife' to 'player' so she could still be 'somebody' and hang out with her husbands pals at parties...

DM's vanity patent LINK