What's new

I Am Cait to help Kate Bornstein tackle past in Scientology and disconnected daughter

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
I Am Cait to help Kate Bornstein tackle past in Scientology and Scientology disconnected daughter.

Daily Beast: Meet Caitlyn Jenner’s Ex-Scientologist BFF

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/06/meet-caitlyn-jenner-s-ex-scientologist-bff.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

That family will help tackle Kate’s own past in Scientology, she said, after co-star Zackary Drucker asks about her long-estranged 43-year-old daughter, who Bornstein hasn’t seen since she left the church when Jessica was nine. (A minder from E! told Bornstein it’s best to just tease the storyline, which comes later in the season.)

“You gotta remember, you’re on camera almost 24/7, and I just broke down in tears talking about that,” Bornstein said. “And what evolves from that point is going to make for something. It hurts, and I’m proud that we went there. Let’s just say Caitlyn Jenner is a champion.”

Bornstein joined the church after graduating from Brown University, rising through the ranks of the elite Sea Org and working directly with L. Ron Hubbard. She was drawn to the idea that in Scientology we’re all thetans—beings that are neither male nor female, but have no gender. She married and had a child in the church before leaving more than a decade later.

As a so-called “suppressive person,” she’s had no contact with her daughter (and later, grandchildren) since.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Re: I Am Cait to help Kate Bornstein tackle past in Scientology and disconnected daug

This is fantastic news! Kate ( formerly Al ) Bornstein has been a major help in exposing Scientology, it's hurtful and unfair disconnection policies, as well as it's intolerance on a number of issues. To have Caitlyn Jenner spotlight her and her disconnection matter on her show is a really big deal.

Kate became a member here some years ago to share the story of her daughter's disconnection from her, and to seek information and assistance. Her evolution over timein speaking out about her Scientology experiences has educated many, many people. How fortunate we are that she risked personal upset to take things a step further and go on national TV! :thumbsup:

Do read up about KAte Bornstein... Besides the several ESMB 'similar threads' listed at the end of this page, here is link to many others here concerning Kate, her adventures and ordeals in and after Scientology, her surviving cancer, her popular books and the help she has been to others, especially transgender youth and her former identity while in Scientology.

Search results: site:forum.exscn.net kate bornstein
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=site:forum.exscn.net+kate+bornstein

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: I Am Cait to help Kate Bornstein tackle past in Scientology and disconnected daug

This is fantastic news! Kate ( formerly Al ) Bornstein has been a major help in exposing Scientology, it's hurtful and unfair disconnection policies, as well as it's intolerance on a number of issues. To have Caitlyn Jenner spotlight her and her disconnection matter on her show is a really big deal.

Kate became a member here some years ago to share the story of her daughter's disconnection from her, and to seek information and assistance. Her evolution over timein speaking out about her Scientology experiences has educated many, many people. How fortunate we are that she risked personal upset to take things a step further and go on national TV! :thumbsup:

Do read up about KAte Bornstein... Besides the several ESMB 'similar threads' listed at the end of this page, here is link to many others here concerning Kate, her adventures and ordeals in and after Scientology, her surviving cancer, her popular books and the help she has been to others, especially transgender youth and her former identity while in Scientology.

I remember Jessica Bornstein as a gorgeous baby, and Kate (then Al) Bornstein as a very loving and doting parent.
Kate Bornstein is a truly wonderful and kind soul; honest to a fault, and one of the bravest people I've ever known.
She is the embodiment of tolerance and love, while Scientology is antithetical to these beliefs.

I hope that she and Caitlyn are able to shed light on Scientology's despicable practice of forced disconnection.
Few things in life are as cruel as the unholy disconnection policies that exist only to enforce compliance with the dictates of Scientology.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron

What can I possibly add to this? You can't make ^this stuff up.

Helena

EDIT: St. Astar, save us! :biggrin:

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Vulture - I Am Cait Recap: The Great Debate

http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/i-am-cait-recap-the-great-debate.html

[Nicole Pasulka]: The women mostly speak in platitudes about strength and beauty and "living life authentically." The exception is Kate Bornstein, who tells the audience about her daughter, a high-ranking member of the Church of Scientology, whom she hasn't seen in over 35 years. Kate left Scientology in 1981, and when she did, she was cut off from her family.

CommunicatorIC

Cosmopolitan: I Am Cait Recap: Caitlyn Meets Hillary Clinton After Booing Her at a DebateI Am Cait Recap: Caitlyn Meets Hillary Clinton After Booing Her at a Debate

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a55884/i-am-cait-season-2-episode-4-recap/

* * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Also, during the question-and-answer session, Kate Bornstein reveals that she has a daughter who's a high-ranking executive in Scientology, who Kate hasn't spoken to since her daughter was 9 years old. Could we get I Am Kate next season?

CommunicatorIC

Kate Bornstein's Scientologist daughter ostracised her for being trans.

Kate Bornstein's Scientologist daughter ostracised her for being trans.

Daily Mail: 'She's very sweet': Caitlyn Jenner despite being staunch conservative praises Hillary Clinton after meeting candidate on I Am Cait

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...s-Hillary-Clinton-meeting-candidate-Cait.html

Wearing all white Cait hit the stage with her friends to answer questions from the youngsters.

Her friend Chandi Moore discussed the relationship between religion and gender identity.

‘God knew who I was before I did,’ she explained, while Kate Bornstein explained how her Scientologist daughter had ostracised her for being trans.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * *

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Kate Bornstein: "to Scientologists, my trans-ness is proof that I am an evil person"

Kate Bornstein: "to Scientologists, my trans-ness is proof that I am an evil person."

US Magazine: 'I Am Cait' Recap: Caitlyn Jenner Meets Hillary Clinton, Has a Major Change of Heart

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...enner-meets-hillary-clinton-likes-her-w200373

Caitlyn and her friends took part in a panel discussion at Graceland University, where they were peppered with questions about everything under the sun — including how they reconcile their religious beliefs with being transgender. The question gave Kate Bornstein an opportunity to talk about an issue close to her heart: her estranged daughter.

"My daughter is a high-ranking executive in the church of Scientology," Kate said. "And to Scientologists, my trans-ness is proof that I am an evil person and should not be talked with. I haven't seen her since she was 9, she's now 42/43 years old."

Fortunately, Kate's learned a valuable lesson from her daughter's estrangement. "Look for the heart of the doctrine you're following, and if it's at all mean, think twice before following it any further," she explained. Preach.

Last edited:

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron

Kate's book is also an excellent read:
http://www.amazon.com/Queer-Pleasant-Danger-Jewish-Scientology/dp/080700183X
51K2X6nB7gL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg