What's new

I Am Not

Jim Little

Patron with Honors
I had posted this over on my personal blog a few days ago, but I thought I would share it with my friends here as well.

Almost one year ago, on June 29th, 2010 my wife, step-daughter, and myself walked away from the corrupt corporation known as the Church of Scientology in St. Louis, Missouri. Truthfully it is not a church it is just a major corporation that rewrites and repackages the writings and lectures of L. Ron Hubbard every 5 to 10 years.

The so called goal of Scientology was to have what they called a “Cleared Planet”. That meant that they wanted to clear the individuals of their unwanted fears, emotions, and insanities. That way they would have a planet without war, crime, and insanity. That sounded like a pretty good thing to want for this planet don’t you think?

Anyway it got side tracked by greed and corruption in a major way back in 1986 when L. Ron Hubbard died while he was in hiding from government agencies. Then a young twenty-one year old guy by the name of David Miscavige took over and started cleaning house. Getting rid of anyone that challenged his authority.

Most will say that it was all David Miscavige that is the cause of the dwindling membership of Church of Scientology, but it was L. Ron Hubbard that created the entity that turned into a hideous monster. He spend over a decade trying to write enough administrative polices to cover every post in every division, department, and section. The problem was that all the members worshiped L. Ron Hubbard and never questioned him or thought him capable of making a mistake.

I will admit that most of his research and writings in the 1950′s to the early 1960′s were great works and a person could get a lot out of the basic books from that period, but from about 1965 it seemed that the humble man known as L. Ron Hubbard was growing less and less humble. He bought a couple of old ships and created his own Scientology Navy if you will called the Sea Organization or Sea Org for short.

After years of running the Scientology organization from aboard his flagship, the Apollo, in 1975 L Ron Hubbard bought the Fort Harrison Hotel and a former bank building in downtown Clearwater, Florida under the name United Churches of Florida, to hide Scientology’s connection.

L. Ron Hubbard went into seclusion following the “Operation Snow White” debacle. Operation Snow White was the Church of Scientology’s name for a conspiracy during the 1970s to purge unfavorable records about Scientology and its founder L. Ron Hubbard. This project included a series of infiltrations and thefts from 136 government agencies, foreign embassies and consulates, as well as private organizations critical of Scientology, carried out by Church members, in more than 30 countries; the single largest infiltration of the United States government in history. This was also the operation that exposed ‘Operation Freakout’, because this was the case that initiated the US government investigation of the Church.

Under this program, Scientology operatives committed infiltration, wiretapping, and theft of documents in government offices, most notably those of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Eleven highly-placed Church executives, including Mary Sue Hubbard (wife of founder L. Ron Hubbard and second-in-command of the organization), pleaded guilty or were convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. These operations were written by L. Ron Hubbard and executed at his command.

Current members of Church of Scientology are clueless on the real history of Scientology and its founder L. Ron Hubbard. Members are told what to watch and not watch, what to read and not read, who to listen to and not listen. They go to several event every year where the self appointed leader David Miscavige tell them about all the wonderful things that are happening with Scientology and how they are expanding to all corners of the world. He lies.

I was one of the thinkless zombie followers who believed everything I was told. Clapped and cheers at every event about all the great things that were happening around the world with Scientology. And knew someday just around the corner it would expand in St. Louis. It just hadn’t grown here yet, must be a glitch in the matrix or something. So what if the membership in St. Louis really hadn’t grown in two decades. We were lied to and not allowed to question or check the facts.

Name two things that started out great. The Titanic and Scientology. Today Scientology is being held up with smoke and mirrors to the thinkless zombie members. There are more “Independent Scientologist” on the outside practicing their faith. Working on that goal of “Clearing the Planet”. They are the ones that place all the blame of the down fall of Scientology on David Miscavige and still hold in praise and worship, L. Ron Hubbard. They have to do that because they still make their bread and butter by charging for their services that was developed by L. Ron Hubbard.

If these services, known as auditing, are properly done by a highly trained auditor (Scientology counselor), and the person receiving these services feels happier and more able after these sessions then their should be a fair exchange. Normally the exchange is money, but if the goal of Scientology is to clear the planet and the major barrier to this happening is because the price of spiritual freedom is set beyond what the average household in America can afford then the true goal of the Church of Scientology and the Independent Scientologist is not to “Clear” this planet is it?

By the way, mathematically it is impossible to “Clear the Planet” of insanity using professionally trained Scientology auditors even after almost 60 years of the Church of Scientology attempting to do it. Even if the auditors audited for free it could not be done. I am not saying you would not help some people and make theirs lives better, but there is not enough hours in the day or nearly enough auditors on this planet to pull it off in the next 1000 years.

Anyway, now that all of this has been said I will now get to the point of this post and why it is titled “I Am Not”. From this day forward I have come to the conclusion that I am not a Scientologist, Independent Scientologist, or Ex-Scientologist. I am just me who has the ability to pick and choose what ever piece of knowledge from where ever I choose to look, and make it my own. My realities are my own, my truths are my own. I refuse to be labeled and placed in a group regarding my spiritual journey in life.

For one thing a spiritual journey is not a group effort. It is an individual journey and ultimately it is always a journey you make alone, but I do not believe you are alone once it is complete.

Sindy

Crusader
<snipped for brevity>

By the way, mathematically it is impossible to “Clear the Planet” of insanity using professionally trained Scientology auditors even after almost 60 years of the Church of Scientology attempting to do it. Even if the auditors audited for free it could not be done. I am not saying you would not help some people and make theirs lives better, but there is not enough hours in the day or nearly enough auditors on this planet to pull it off in the next 1000 years.

<snipped>

Considering that the population of Earth grows by almost 7 million people per month, they're a little behind the 8 ball wouldn't you say? It's so amazing how no one inside the church ever does the math and yet will continue to dole out hundreds of thousands to salvage mankind. :duh:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
WoW

This is a new journey - into the real life - you - making your adventure as you wish.
Yes you might appear lonely
but as you said - it might not be for long.

:happydance:

(reading a post like this make me hope that some are couragoeus to look for the real truth underneath the current situations and insanity instead of falling into another ''independant'' same shrinking world of an uggly moovie :melodramatic:
:hamster:)

Everything is now possible :flowers2:

Be happy
Create your life the way You want it.
as YOU are ABLE and already KNOW what you should know to live and be free

Big hug
:hug:

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
I had posted this over on my personal blog a few days ago, but I thought I would share it with my friends here as well.

Almost one year ago, on June 29th, 2010 my wife, step-daughter, and myself walked away from the corrupt corporation known as the Church of Scientology in St. Louis, Missouri. Truthfully it is not a church it is just a major corporation that rewrites and repackages the writings and lectures of L. Ron Hubbard every 5 to 10 years.

The so called goal of Scientology was to have what they called a “Cleared Planet”. That meant that they wanted to clear the individuals of their unwanted fears, emotions, and insanities. That way they would have a planet without war, crime, and insanity. That sounded like a pretty good thing to want for this planet don’t you think?

Anyway it got side tracked by greed and corruption in a major way back in 1986 when L. Ron Hubbard died while he was in hiding from government agencies. Then a young twenty-one year old guy by the name of David Miscavige took over and started cleaning house. Getting rid of anyone that challenged his authority.

Most will say that it was all David Miscavige that is the cause of the dwindling membership of Church of Scientology, but it was L. Ron Hubbard that created the entity that turned into a hideous monster. He spend over a decade trying to write enough administrative polices to cover every post in every division, department, and section. The problem was that all the members worshiped L. Ron Hubbard and never questioned him or thought him capable of making a mistake.

I will admit that most of his research and writings in the 1950′s to the early 1960′s were great works and a person could get a lot out of the basic books from that period, but from about 1965 it seemed that the humble man known as L. Ron Hubbard was growing less and less humble. He bought a couple of old ships and created his own Scientology Navy if you will called the Sea Organization or Sea Org for short.

After years of running the Scientology organization from aboard his flagship, the Apollo, in 1975 L Ron Hubbard bought the Fort Harrison Hotel and a former bank building in downtown Clearwater, Florida under the name United Churches of Florida, to hide Scientology’s connection.

L. Ron Hubbard went into seclusion following the “Operation Snow White” debacle. Operation Snow White was the Church of Scientology’s name for a conspiracy during the 1970s to purge unfavorable records about Scientology and its founder L. Ron Hubbard. This project included a series of infiltrations and thefts from 136 government agencies, foreign embassies and consulates, as well as private organizations critical of Scientology, carried out by Church members, in more than 30 countries; the single largest infiltration of the United States government in history. This was also the operation that exposed ‘Operation Freakout’, because this was the case that initiated the US government investigation of the Church.

Under this program, Scientology operatives committed infiltration, wiretapping, and theft of documents in government offices, most notably those of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Eleven highly-placed Church executives, including Mary Sue Hubbard (wife of founder L. Ron Hubbard and second-in-command of the organization), pleaded guilty or were convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. These operations were written by L. Ron Hubbard and executed at his command.

Current members of Church of Scientology are clueless on the real history of Scientology and its founder L. Ron Hubbard. Members are told what to watch and not watch, what to read and not read, who to listen to and not listen. They go to several event every year where the self appointed leader David Miscavige tell them about all the wonderful things that are happening with Scientology and how they are expanding to all corners of the world. He lies.

I was one of the thinkless zombie followers who believed everything I was told. Clapped and cheers at every event about all the great things that were happening around the world with Scientology. And knew someday just around the corner it would expand in St. Louis. It just hadn’t grown here yet, must be a glitch in the matrix or something. So what if the membership in St. Louis really hadn’t grown in two decades. We were lied to and not allowed to question or check the facts.

Name two things that started out great. The Titanic and Scientology. Today Scientology is being held up with smoke and mirrors to the thinkless zombie members. There are more “Independent Scientologist” on the outside practicing their faith. Working on that goal of “Clearing the Planet”. They are the ones that place all the blame of the down fall of Scientology on David Miscavige and still hold in praise and worship, L. Ron Hubbard. They have to do that because they still make their bread and butter by charging for their services that was developed by L. Ron Hubbard.

If these services, known as auditing, are properly done by a highly trained auditor (Scientology counselor), and the person receiving these services feels happier and more able after these sessions then their should be a fair exchange. Normally the exchange is money, but if the goal of Scientology is to clear the planet and the major barrier to this happening is because the price of spiritual freedom is set beyond what the average household in America can afford then the true goal of the Church of Scientology and the Independent Scientologist is not to “Clear” this planet is it?

Anyway, now that all of this has been said I will now get to the point of this post and why it is titled “I Am Not”. From this day forward I have come to the conclusion that I am not a Scientologist, Independent Scientologist, or Ex-Scientologist. I am just me who has the ability to pick and choose what ever piece of knowledge from where ever I choose to look, and make it my own. My realities are my own, my truths are my own. I refuse to be labeled and placed in a group regarding my spiritual journey in life.

For one thing a spiritual journey is not a group effort. It is an individual journey and ultimately it is always a journey you make alone, but I do not believe you are alone once it is complete.
Very interesting article. I know what you're saying about not being an ex-scientologist. Though technically you are. Also may I observe that if there were ninety million top grade, sincere, highly ethical auditors, auditing 24/7 and every body was brought up the bridge. The planet still wouldn't be clear; firstly because there is no such thing as a state of 'clear' and most importantly, because scientology doesn't work. Reuben

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Well, Hubbard said it wasn't clear the entire planet, it would be a significant percentage.

However, I do not find that this rebuts Jim's point at all about how many auditors there are and so on. It still holds true and is a good observation. Thanks, Jim!

pnut

Patron
I refuse to be labeled and placed in a group regarding my spiritual journey in life.

:happydance:

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
I
s

You have an OPEN MIND :omg::bigcry::duh::ohmy::melodramatic:

Good on ya!!!:thumbsup::yes::biggrin:

Opter

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Great post, IAN. In discovering you are NOT (a Scientologist of any description), you will find that you ARE (a real human being with real connections to this beautiful, crazy world of ours). The world outside of Scientology is a great place to be, may you prosper in it.

Petey C

... Anyway, now that all of this has been said I will now get to the point of this post and why it is titled “I Am Not”. From this day forward I have come to the conclusion that I am not a Scientologist, Independent Scientologist, or Ex-Scientologist. I am just me who has the ability to pick and choose what ever piece of knowledge from where ever I choose to look, and make it my own. My realities are my own, my truths are my own. I refuse to be labeled and placed in a group regarding my spiritual journey in life. ...

:clap:

Mark A. Baker

ignatz

Patron
Hi Great post!

I really like this because it takes into account some of the complexity of Scientology's evolution. Was LRH insane from the beginning? Did he have a sincere interest in the human mind? Or both? I think a lot people want it one way are another. A combination of both makes more sense and begins to explain one of the most diabolical aspects of the Scientology and that is that it initially combines some effective advice for living along with a stated goal of a sane planet. It's not hard at all to see why this would be an effective hook.

Ultimately it deteriorates into a lot of control and justification for evil behavior. As far as I can tell the evolution of policies are consistent with its insanity and someone who became more and more egomaniacal, greedy and controlling as his influence grew.

Ultimately more thoughtful analysis like these rather than "Scientology is just evil" and "they are all robots" would be more effective in educating the public and creating a support network for those who need it

PTSPal

Patron with Honors
:happydance:Wow, very well said Jim....I look forward to the day (hopefully within our lifetimes) when we can all sit and take an objective look at Scientology, what really happened here. Can anything good ever come from it? :confused2:

Jim Little

Patron with Honors
I guess by default or actually my fault I have to refer to myself as Ex Scn because of my 22 years of proudly stating I was one. I will wear it as a badge of honor or more like a purple heart for being wounded in combat, but lets make it clear that I am not a victim.

I am happy that I am now able to go back and look over the Scn materials again with no influence to agree or disagree with what I am reading or listening to this time. I am also free to study any so called "squirrel" material just like LRH did but nobody else seem to have the right to do. That is the ultimate double standard. Only LRH as the ablility to research and understand other peoples materials and tell us what is true. Well kiss my ass. Never again.

If anyone wishes to call themselves an Independent Scientologist I have no issues with that, my wife might consider herself one. I thought about it but don't care for another label which slowly causes you to abandon your personal integrity for the sake of the new and improved Scientology. Personally I believe the data they are working with is ultimately flawed as well and cannot make any promises or claims you will reach total freedom with that route either. Remember folks there are no absolutes and total freedom sure sounds like one.

Truth and reality is what each individual says it is and what they make it to be and once you realize that, that is your total freedom. Be true to yourself.

Motti

Patron
"I am just me who has the ability to pick and choose what ever piece of knowledge from where ever I choose to look, and make it my own"

True enough, Jim. But it includes picking and choosing from anywhere, including Scientology tech, if one elects to do so.