I am simply... a threat.

Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me. :) I am very happy to be here. I looked around other places, and it seems that the people here actually have a grasp of what this is all about. In other words, you have “a reality” on what I am saying. I thank everyone for being here and supporting each other.
I always go with my instincts now & they get stronger every day I keep away from Scientology. Do well & thanks again for your post.
Thank you very much. I’m happy you are able to trust yourself and grow stronger. We should never deny what our minds tell us. They usually have a good reason for doing it. (This is why I encourage doubt. Doubt is our minds speaking out against something, and we should never ignore it. Sometimes it is unnecessary doubt, but you should never ignore it.)

First, welcome to the board!! :thumbsup:

You have made the right choice to not become a scientologist, but it sounds like you were very close to doing that. I'm sorry to hear that your ex fell for the bait and had some bad experiences in the cult. Hopefully he will use this experience to have a better life.

Stay away from the cult even if though you think some of the info is 'interesting and acceptable'. It is this type of thinking that got me in for three years. Don't do it.

Peace.
Well, I made the decision from the very beginning that I wouldn’t. You would be right to say that I was close to feeling a.. connection to the church. I wanted to support them, but, luckily, I did not, under any circumstances, want to join them. I think it was a promise I made to myself from the very beginning, without which, I may very well have gotten in further than I would have liked (well, I suppose I did that anyway), but luckily, I analyze things all the time. I don’t like being under anyone’s control, and I always look for multiple options and solutions to things, which Scientology doesn’t encourage, so I think it couldn’t have gotten terribly far. A lot of things are interesting to me. That doesn’t mean I will join them though.

Welcome InitiateDoubt,

I am so sorry to hear your story ... you clearly have excellent instincts and yes, he would have been ruthlessly 'handled' to get rid of you ... that is what they do.

He must be a fool to have chosen scientology instead of you, but he would have been put under considerable duress.
Believe me, I know they were doing their best to handle me. My ex told me he was going into ethics a LOT right before we broke up to get something handled. He had been sick recently and told me that it meant there was something suppressive in his life, so he was getting it handled. Soon after that, he disconnected from me.
Also, I doubt he COULD have chosen me over Scientology. He was raised a Scientologist. He would have been leaving his family and his faith just for one person (he had also joined staff). I would never have encouraged that. I think that sounds like the makings of a silly love story involving extremely stupid lovers. You don’t give up your whole life for one person. Unfortunately, things are slightly different when you leave everything in your life to escape a cult, but I didn’t know any better at the time, and he doesn’t know any better either. It only makes sense that he would choose them over me. That is his life.

…Why? Because you typically are asked to do the impossible and degraded if you fail. ? Over and over again.
My conclusion was that it was my fault. Over and over again.
This is exactly what I saw. I’d talk to him on stat day, and he’d be completely upset. He’d explain that his stats were down (though never fully explained what this meant), and I said that this was not necessarily due to him. Things like this can be circumstantial.. it’s not necessarily his fault, but there could be other factors contributing to him. “Don’t get too down about it.” But he explained that it was his fault. I never saw ANYONE more dedicated to anything (not even some of the other staff members), yet he told me that the problem was him not working hard enough. I couldn’t believe it. They broke him so badly. It breaks my heart.

Welcome to ESMB, ID.

From reading your original post it's pretty obvious you have a pretty good grasp of yourself. Man o man, would the scifaggOTs ever like to get ahold of you and mess you up...luckily you're beyond them. All they can do is point their little fingers and say "She bad bad."
Oh believe me. They tried. They tried so hard.

SaguaroRose

Patron with Honors
Also, I would like to add that many of the ideas in the church are very interesting and acceptable to me as far as beliefs, but I believe that the methods of teaching them incorporate underlying themes of suggestion that are still dangerous whether you consider upper management or not because they put subliminal messages into your mind (ie slightly altered LRH dictionary definitions; teaching people to be dependent on certain things, etc). However, I agree with some of their ideas and theories and think they make a lot of sense, but most of these are things I believed before ever hearing of Scientology.

:welcome2:

IT, I agree with you that there are lots of good things about scientology, at least at first. This is the way that we got sucked into it. Also, my own personal beliefs were mirrored in many of the beliefs of scientology (that we are spiritual beings that have been around a long, long time), and that sealed it for me.

You are a strong and awesome person, and I think you will find this site and its people to be as wonderful as I found it to be!:happydance:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
And luckily, I realized this, well, I realized this in part, at the very beginning.
If I may quote myself from another post (a journal entry I wrote immediately after being introduced to Scientology):

"...The other part [of me] hates that it is so intriguing and appealing because I don't want to join them or anything because it seems like conning you out of your money to make you have realizations that you and life itself can give you on your own. That is only because I know that I can do it on my own in time, and though I know they're just trying to help, a lack of patience on my own part would literally cost me."

Wow. You're a smart cookie! It took me about 24 years leaving the cult to come to the same conclusion and you knew this right at the beginning!

Wow. You're a smart cookie! It took me about 24 years leaving the cult to come to the same conclusion and you knew this right at the beginning!

Also, my own personal beliefs were mirrored in many of the beliefs of scientology

That is exactly the same for me and probably most people. For me, it was my belief in spirits or souls, and my agreement with many of their ideas (ARC triangle, etc) They do this on purpose, I'm sure. Luckily, for me, I saw this as a sign that I didn't need Scientology because I was able to figure these things out for myself. For example, I was able to "run engrams" on my own (I had analyzed events in my life before and overcome them on my own) and believed I did not need the help of the church for auditing purposes. They tried to convince me that an auditor was required in case I slipped into unconciousness while running one, but I have never had an incident that would have triggered this. In the end, I agreed with some parts, but I didn't agree with all of them. Despite how much they tell you that you only need to believe the parts you yourself believe, my ideas were incompatible with Scientology's.

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
InitiateDoubt said:
We should never deny what our minds tell us. They usually have a good reason for doing it. (This is why I encourage doubt. Doubt is our minds speaking out against something, and we should never ignore it. Sometimes it is unnecessary doubt, but you should never ignore it.)

As I am sure you know, LRH hated the doubters, so much so that he made Doubt one of his "Ethics" lower conditions. LRH wanted his followers to "know" that Scn always worked.

You were very wise to doubt.

:welcome: to ESMB! :happydance:

As I am sure you know, LRH hated the doubters, so much so that he made Doubt one of his "Ethics" lower conditions. LRH wanted his followers to "know" that Scn always worked.

You were very wise to doubt.

:welcome: to ESMB! :happydance:

This is exactly what brought my attention to the danger involved in Scientology. At first, I believed that even if it was a scam, people had the right to choose it, but I now know that it is more than that. People should think for themselves. People can choose to do what they wish with their money, but they should not be subjected to the kind of mental suppression under any circumstances. They don't choose that part for themselves. That part is a scheme much deeper than money, even if that is the cause of it. It is inexcusable.