What's new

I found this of interest on Marty's site.

Zhongjianren

Patron with Honors
I found the following of interest on Marty's site. Not because it discloses any particular exciting facts or events, but because of the fact that Marty posted it, and because it confirms an observation I've seen articulated on WWP.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/stormy-sunday/#comment-134065

Just Me | July 10, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Reply

Our first love is the love we find in and through our families. Our first love teaches us how to love for the rest of our lives.

A few months ago, I had a conversation with an old friend who is still loyal to the Church of Scientology. Back in the day, she was a Messenger (CMO) on the Apollo. I told her of the stories I’d seen in the media these last two years, spurred by reports of Marty, Mike, Amy, Jeff, and so many others, about violence in the Church.

I then asked her what she had observed herself with her own eyes during the last ten years inside the Church and whether she knew of anything personally of the things that had happened at the Church’s International headquarters during the period described by Marty, Mike, Amy, Jeff, Jackson and others.

She replied, “I don’t care about any of these stories. I saw all that and worse when I was on the Apollo. This is nothing new to me.”

It has taken me several months to realize what she was really saying to me and to herself: “Any past, current and future crimes committed within the Church of Scientology will always be invisible to me because I participated in similar crimes myself. I refuse to acknowledge them and, therefore, they are of no consequence.”

All the old Sea Org members who have here and elsewhere spoken truth to power by simply saying out loud what they saw and did are quite different from my old friend, who wants to be left alone to live her life in peace. She reminds me of Debbie Cook and her thousands of Facebook friends, who are locked in mutual out rudiments of don’t ask, don’t tell.

Toward the end of our conversation, my friend said with some righteous indignation that she doesn’t even look at the Internet. “How can you know if anything you read on a Web site is true?” she said accusatorily.

My friend’s world is shrinking. Her beloved children are young adults who do look at the Internet, newspapers and television. Despite her bravado, she knows her family’s bonds are weakened because of the growing number of things it is no longer OK for them to talk about.

Affinity, reality and communication lead us to love. Applied in reverse, they lead to love’s loss.

Once again, I applaud Sam and Placi for their courage in maintaining the love they created.

JM
I'm a bit surprised that Marty allowed the concept of -- "I saw all that and worse when I was on the Apollo. This is nothing new to me" -- on his blog. That is something many Anons have been saying -- indeed seething ;) -- since the emergence of Marty's blog.

I've also seen articulated on WWP the same idea that is stated in the quotation above -- i.e., that the world of Scientology is shrinking. That, as more and more people access the Internet, and become informed, the remaining true believers must fall back farther and farther.

As an ex-Scientologist who saw some value in the Tech, I not only find it ironic that a philosophy that -- at least at its earliest and most basic levels -- is (or at least wast) based on "confront" -- should shrink from reality -- I find it just a tiny bit sad.

[And yes, I know that the "non-confront" train left the station at the earliest stages -- not at the stage of OTIII, Xenu, and the Loyal Officers, or even at the stage of "past lives," but at the earliest insistence of "prenatal engrams" and "prenatal memories." Still, leaving all of that aside, I thought there was a kernal of something left. My mistake.]

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Fascinating post, thanks!

My guess as to why Marty let that one slide thru without the Ministry of Truth deleting it is this...

It does not specifically accuse LRH of any malfeasance.

Because it is a general, ambiguously worded description "...saw that and much worse"--it does not lay blame at the feet of Source specifically.

One might reasonably interpret this to mean that Apollo crew sometimes beat each other up. Hell, when I was in the Sea Org, I remember a full flat-out streetfight between Class VIII AO Tech Sec and another Senior AO Exec...in the staff dining room! LOL

My bet is this. If the person telling the story had INSTEAD said that LRH did something reprehensible, that post would never have seen the light of day.

Nevah!

(PS: This is also being discussed on the Placido Domingo Jr Thread)

AnonKat

Crusader
Correct, It is a bit like pointing out muhammed was a clever smuck hat recycled some jewish and christian stuff to goad a lot of poor sheep herders (at first) and he enjoyed being with the very young Aïsha in the bathtub very much when one is talking to muslims

Fascinating post, thanks!

My guess as to why Marty let that one slide thru without the Ministry of Truth deleting it is this...

It does not specifically accuse LRH of any malfeasance.

Because it is a general, ambiguously worded description "...saw that and much worse"--it does not lay blame at the feet of Source specifically.

One might reasonably interpret this to mean that Apollo crew sometimes beat each other up. Hell, when I was in the Sea Org, I remember a full flat-out streetfight between Class VIII AO Tech Sec and another Senior AO Exec...in the staff dining room! LOL

My bet is this. If the person telling the story had INSTEAD said that LRH did something reprehensible, that post would never have seen the light of day.

Nevah!

(PS: This is also being discussed on the Placido Domingo Jr Thread)