What's new

I FUCKING MISS ANONSPARROW

Adiren

Patron

[video=youtube_share;xof9pBJvR4I]http://youtu.be/xof9pBJvR4I[/video]​

I miss Sparrow too, a great deal. Since he stopped making his videos there hasn't been anyone as interesting as him.
What sets him apart, in my opinion, is that he always sounded polite, even when he was saying harsh things to some people - he kept the right tone of voice and addressed them as Sir or Madame (just amazing). And the fact that he knew almost everyone and would compliment them politely,...I felt I could walk in there and address those people by their names.
And the energy, there were periods he would do that daily for hours, it was draining just to watch.

Sparrow is unforgettable and this is a nice tribute to his work.

Thanks Sparrow, thanks Anonymous

AnonKat

Crusader
Bow down to the king, great stuff

In my timezone you posted this at 2:45 pm today. Sometime today I was thinking about sparrow and thought about replying to an old thread or starting a new one. I remember looking forward to his videos 2 or 3 times a week. He was so entertaining. And the changing attitude of the staff towards him was very funny to watch. From hotdogs to SP declares they brought it. I'm so glad it's all on yt.

Nice AnonKat

here's a pic I found
7021974237_72cfe3ebcb_o.jpg

Anonycat

Crusader
Hi Kat,

I was AFK when you posted this thread, I think. Sparrow and I have talked many times, and including after he settled. Here's the bottom line:

1) Sparrow thought that he'd be protesting about 6 months, but the legal battle went 2 years.

2) He was concerned that because of the money and willingness of scientologists to lie, he might actually lose his case.

3) He settled for the amount of his legal fees only, just to GTFO of it and let his life return to normal.

4) He cannot protest in DC or NY.

5) He misses it.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks Anonycat for the update. I figured something like that when I went to youtube to look for his videos a few weeks ago and they had all been removed. :( I loved his style. He was so likeable and so matter-of-fact I can see why he drove them crazy. I completely understand why he settled, and I'm a little bummed that the CofS feels like they "won" -- but the fact is that they didn't win at all. Sparrow had a huge reach and he opened a lot of eyes. I miss him too. He did great work, gave me lots of laughs and I so appreciate his contribution to the fall of the house of cards. :)

AnonKat

Crusader
Hi Kat,

I was AFK when you posted this thread, I think. Sparrow and I have talked many times, and including after he settled. Here's the bottom line:

1) Sparrow thought that he'd be protesting about 6 months, but the legal battle went 2 years.

2) He was concerned that because of the money and willingness of scientologists to lie, he might actually lose his case.

3) He settled for the amount of his legal fees only, just to GTFO of it and let his life return to normal.

4) He cannot protest in DC or NY.

5) He misses it.

DO YOU REALIZE THAT THAT IS FUCKING UNCONSTITUTIONAL !

GOD DAMNED, at least my little dwarf country got something right in 1993, Freedom of religion and speaach come before copyright.

Anonycat

Crusader
DO YOU REALIZE THAT THAT IS FUCKING UNCONSTITUTIONAL !

GOD DAMNED, at least my little dwarf country got something right in 1993, Freedom of religion and speaach come before copyright.

It was his choice and I respect it.

POST GAME:

1) A single ex-scientologist causes happypants with many anons, shitstorm ensues at the DC org. Sparrow is loved and an instant icon.

2) A single stupid scientologist makes a death threat to sparrow, and it's on video. This stupid scientologist was also running for a district seat in a school district of color, and was surely hoping to infiltrate the black school district. How convenient: that same school district has a website in which you may post videos and comments! The video of him went up, and I typed a nice comment or two. Many lulz harvested and tragedy averted.

3) Sparrow originally estimated that he could bring the org down in six months time, and it went into overtime because of the bogus suit. Bogus suit is bogus and sucks up two years - this gets old, even with the support of anonymous. But even more, he was concerned with the possibility of losing the case, and in his career, one cannot have a felony record. The odds of the bogus charge sticking were very slim, but another thing that ends up on the scales of decision making.

4) Right after the cult filed the bogus suit, sparrow files a petition with the FDA, to uphold the judges previous order on the e-meter. Although the FDA wimped, it was still something that might have rattled the Dwarf a little. Definitely worth the price of a postage stamp. A second attempt by someone with the FDA is probably inevitable. Persistence has been known to pay off.

petlover

:happydance: I am recently returned to this site, and new.... I totally support all actions to destroy the destructive cult. I was a member for 27 years, and declared for wanting my(staff member) now ex husband, to be home once or twice a week.

Love to all.

AnonKat

Crusader
I respect his choiche too, you can not win in a country ruled by the almighty dollar

It was his choice and I respect it.

POST GAME:

1) A single ex-scientologist causes happypants with many anons, shitstorm ensues at the DC org. Sparrow is loved and an instant icon.

2) A single stupid scientologist makes a death threat to sparrow, and it's on video. This stupid scientologist was also running for a district seat in a school district of color, and was surely hoping to infiltrate the black school district. How convenient: that same school district has a website in which you may post videos and comments! The video of him went up, and I typed a nice comment or two. Many lulz harvested and tragedy averted.

3) Sparrow originally estimated that he could bring the org down in six months time, and it went into overtime because of the bogus suit. Bogus suit is bogus and sucks up two years - this gets old, even with the support of anonymous. But even more, he was concerned with the possibility of losing the case, and in his career, one cannot have a felony record. The odds of the bogus charge sticking were very slim, but another thing that ends up on the scales of decision making.

4) Right after the cult filed the bogus suit, sparrow files a petition with the FDA, to uphold the judges previous order on the e-meter. Although the FDA wimped, it was still something that might have rattled the Dwarf a little. Definitely worth the price of a postage stamp. A second attempt by someone with the FDA is probably inevitable. Persistence has been known to pay off.

AnonKat

Crusader
:happydance: I am recently returned to this site, and new.... I totally support all actions to destroy the destructive cult. I was a member for 27 years, and declared for wanting my(staff member) now ex husband, to be home once or twice a week.

Love to all.

Welcome nice person

I thought he was the one of the best Ex-Co$ protesters on the Internet.

To be honest I wish he could have continued to have a presence on YouTube, if not talking about Scientology, then moving on to some other topic.

He is missed.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I thought he was the one of the best Ex-Co$ protesters on the Internet. To be honest I wish he could have continued to have a presence on YouTube, if not talking about Scientology, then moving on to some other topic. He is missed.

I comm'd with Brian recently. He was talking about going back to school to get a nursing degree. If you are on Facebook, you can message him..

https://www.facebook.com/bcmandigo

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
Sounds like a good career move. I miss his protest videos, but I man's gotta take care of things like life.