What's new

I just wanted to say

owl

Patron with Honors
I dont know if anyone will care but I just wanted to say that for a long time I've been sort of confused about Scientology. I was sort of done with it and disliked it but I still wasnt over it, but lately I think I'm pretty over it. I never thought I would be at this point.

I can't believe I used to believe in this bullshit for no reason. It feels so good to be able to think for myself again and not feel these constraints that the religion creates. I dropped so many friends and changed so many things because of Scientology and I feel like an idiot about it now. People I had so much fun with and liked, and as soon as I got into Scientology, I decided they were SPs or low toned or whatever, and didnt feel comfortable around them anymore. I am so irriated about this. So irritated about all the wasted time, energy, money in auditing, how I stalled a few years of my life thinking it would fix things and it was the answer when all it is is some kind of weird mental bullshit that people think is the answer.

I can't believe I used to justify all their actions. The things they do to people, their attitudes, the way they behave, I used to justify all of it. Ridiculous. It feels so nice to think for myself and not think in extremes like I did with Scientology. I feel like myself again.

I dont know what the fuck is up with Scientology but it's not the answer and I'm so glad I've realized that.

They really creep/freak me out now. Im so happy to have back my hobbies and everything.

Ugh and I hate how because of them I decided the news was pointless, that school was pointless, that all these things just didnt matter when THEY DO. A LOT. Ive missed out on so much. I used to think that because I still had interest in it, it was becuase it was correct, but I realize now I just have interest in it because it's so messed up, like how I have interest in anything that's really crazy and hard to believe.

Life is complex and I really doubt one dude was able to figure out every single thing in his lifetime and know everything and have all the answers. People should learn to think for themselves more.

Anyway thats all I had to say.

smartone

My Own Boss
I dont know if anyone will care but I just wanted to say that for a long time I've been sort of confused about Scientology. I was sort of done with it and disliked it but I still wasnt over it, but lately I think I'm pretty over it. I never thought I would be at this point.

I can't believe I used to believe in this bullshit for no reason. It feels so good to be able to think for myself again and not feel these constraints that the religion creates. I dropped so many friends and changed so many things because of Scientology and I feel like an idiot about it now. People I had so much fun with and liked, and as soon as I got into Scientology, I decided they were SPs or low toned or whatever, and didnt feel comfortable around them anymore. I am so irriated about this. So irritated about all the wasted time, energy, money in auditing, how I stalled a few years of my life thinking it would fix things and it was the answer when all it is is some kind of weird mental bullshit that people think is the answer.

I can't believe I used to justify all their actions. The things they do to people, their attitudes, the way they behave, I used to justify all of it. Ridiculous. It feels so nice to think for myself and not think in extremes like I did with Scientology. I feel like myself again.

I dont know what the ---- is up with Scientology but it's not the answer and I'm so glad I've realized that.

They really creep/freak me out now. Im so happy to have back my hobbies and everything.

Ugh and I hate how because of them I decided the news was pointless, that school was pointless, that all these things just didnt matter when THEY DO. A LOT. Ive missed out on so much. I used to think that because I still had interest in it, it was becuase it was correct, but I realize now I just have interest in it because it's so messed up, like how I have interest in anything that's really crazy and hard to believe.

Life is complex and I really doubt one dude was able to figure out every single thing in his lifetime and know everything and have all the answers. People should learn to think for themselves more.

You have said exactly what I have been thinking since I came out of that craziness.:duh:

I also have never been treated so bad as I was by other Scios. In fact, I got so pissed off with someone once that I put fresh dog poop in a box and mailed it to the person who was an a.....hole to me.

Since I left the Scios, I have made so many nice friends who think of others and not just themselves :angry: And... most importantly.... I can think for myself :happydance:

I dont know what the fuck is up with Scientology but it's not the answer and I'm so glad I've realized that.

Owl, amazing how we bought into their BS, everything should be forsaken in life except for the COS. I used to feel exactly as you described in your post, putting the church first.
The missing out on life, the loss of time, money, energy was such a waste. The distance from family was a huge void for me. Family relationships were the first and most important thing I re-established and continue strong to this day. Thank you for your post, it truly hit home for me and a great reminder of what was so wrong while "in" and an excellent reminder of how wonderful life is being "out".

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Owl, congratulations on your new found FREEDOM. It is a wonderful feeling to be DONE with Scn.

You may still experience some "weirdness" from your Scn experience. But over time, it all will pass.

Enjoy your new "life". It is grand :happydance: to be free of the Scn mindset.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I regret everything I did and said that was inauthentic, but I don't regret my time studying Scientology.

If there were a subject in school that taught the stuff I found of value in Scientology, then Scientology wouldn't have any power to draw people away from school and valid career paths, etc.

I'm a proponent of metapsychology and traumatic incident reduction, now. I am hoping that eventually, courses will be taught in metapsychology at the undergraduate level. There are already some courses taught in some Canadian universities at the graduate level that have surveys of metapsychology ideas and methods, but as yet, it hasn't made it to a standard educational model. I'm not talking about implants and spirits and all that shit. I am talking about mental programming, and how it shapes our lives, how to change that programming, etc. General Semantics was a good effort in this direction, but it was also inaccessible to people with regular lexicons. Psychology classes that I've taken come nowhere close. The only classes I've taken at college that seemed to hit on this stuff were comparative religion classes, and this meant trudging through a bunch of mythology and shite to arrive at the commonalities or the structure that such beliefs hang from or depend on.

Scientology appealed to me on an intellectual level. When the Church started trying to control me, I left, and it was very, very painful and costly. This isn't necessary. Schools should teach it (though not as Scientology, as there's a bunch of myths and bullshit in Scientology that doesn't need to be there and poisons the subject).

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
AFTER YOU'VE BEEN IN THE CULT - AND I'VE BEEN THERE FOR A LONG TIME - AND THEN LEAVE THE CULT, YOU REALIZE HOW LIFE IS SO MUCH BETTER IN THE 'WOG'/REAL WORLD.:cheerleader:

OPTER

owl

Patron with Honors
Owl, amazing how we bought into their BS, everything should be forsaken in life except for the COS. I used to feel exactly as you described in your post, putting the church first.
The missing out on life, the loss of time, money, energy was such a waste. The distance from family was a huge void for me. Family relationships were the first and most important thing I re-established and continue strong to this day. Thank you for your post, it truly hit home for me and a great reminder of what was so wrong while "in" and an excellent reminder of how wonderful life is being "out".

wow thank you! my pleasure. you made me feel really glad i posted this.