What's new

I MISS TOMMY DAVIS!!

HollywoodGuy

Patron with Honors
When was the last time a Scientology spokesperson ever gave an interview on camera ? I don't think I've ever seen Karin Pouw talking to the media or being interviewed.

Oh, Tommy, WHY did you have to leave the Sea Org? WHY?

You provided so much entertainment with your interviews.

Your "Well, buddy, you got it! Right here! Right now! I'm angry!" was so priceless!

I wish we could see his reaction to the HBO documentary.

I think somebody should start an "AngryScientologist" meme with Tommy Davis. He could make a lot of money just like the owners of GrumpyCat have.

Doesn't anybody have any mutual Facebook friends with him?

Is he just living a boring, mundane existence now, or is he secretly browsing Grindr behind Jessica's back?

You know, Tommy really should have been an actor.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
He was angry, real angry, real real angry, real real real angry!

A leave of absence was certainly welcome to create conditions to heal such angryness of unprecented order of magnitude! :yes:

I wish he , and her, both finds some ''mental oxygen'' to allow the light to reach the brain.

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
BRAINWASHING IS A CRIME!!! Is it literally or was he talking out his butt? where's the law on brainwashing, has anyone in history been convicted of brainwashing?

What do you want to bet they had a camera on Sweeney as he watched the ccrh horror show and watched what phrases made him flinch? is that phrase in their creepshow videos, didn't Tommy harass him right after having him watch that cchr video?

I'd like to see Sweeney interview Tommy after he whistleblows!

He's my wishlist in sequence for who I want to be the next whistleblower, I'm sure I'm missing some people...

Shelly
Heber
DM
Tom
Travoltas
Juliette
Kirstie
Tommy
Guilherme

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
BRAINWASHING IS A CRIME!!! Is it literally or was he talking out his butt? where's the law on brainwashing, has anyone in history been convicted of brainwashing?

<snip>

I did a quick google search in response to your question (which I didn't know the answer to). In the few mins I searched I found out that brainwashing is not a crime in the U.S. but it is in France.

Something interesting is that the U.S. apparently attempted to interfere with France passing this law.

French law makes cult’s brainwashing a crime (2001)

The murder-suicides of the Solar Temple cult shocked France and presented a legal conundrum. How could a cult leader be prosecuted if he got his followers to give him their life savings and commit suicide “voluntarily”? To hold such leaders accountable, in 2001 France passed the About-Picard Law, making it a crime to mentally manipulate the vulnerable. Leaders convicted of this or other offences can have their groups closed down.

Under this law, the Church of Scientology was convicted of "organised fraud" in 2013. One case involved a woman who was manipulated into handing over 20,000 euros for Scientology products including an "electrometer" to measure mental energy. [1]

<snip>

Full article: http://www.concordatwatch.eu/topic-47668.834

A snippet from:
The Elizabeth Smart Case:
Why We Need Specific Laws Against Brainwashing

France's Anti-Brainwashing Law, and The Way the U.S. Tried to Block It

France, which has witnessed several suicide cults in recent years, has taken a wiser - and more direct - approach to brainwashing. The U.S., however, rather than following France's lead, tried to impede it from doing so. I am fully aware this is no environment within which to advocate the views of the French, but on this issue, they are on the money.

France drafted a law to address the brainwashing of children and mentally disabled adults by religious cults. The U.S. International Religious Freedom Commission, which I discussed in a previous column, complained, however, that the law singled out cults or sects for prosecution.

But, of course, religious freedom hardly includes the right to brainwash - or, particularly, the right to brainwash those who cannot adequately defend themselves against mental manipulation. Mitchell and his adult wife can believe anything they want. But what they did to Elizabeth Smart was unconscionable. And the line is not that difficult to draw.

In the end, France passed a bill that outlawed mental manipulation by any group, not just religious sects. It is probably just as well that the law was broadened - it now can be used against religious sects, individuals who may be French versions of Mitchell, and those manipulating children through secular beliefs.

But it is ironic, to say the least, that the U.S. made it its business to meddle in France's draft anti-brainwashing law, when its own states still lack any counterparts.

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/hamilton/20030327.html

Also I found this:

Does Brainwashing Exist?

by Michael Haag, Ph.D.

In the last half century, “brainwashing” has taken up residence in the English language, seemingly never to be evicted. And yet we are unable to agree on what constitutes brainwashing or even that it exists. The American Psychological Association, for example, has declined to take a position on brainwashing as a valid psychological concept. The courts have debated whether brainwashing is an acceptable legal defense or not – mostly it’s not – and scholars have argued both sides of the issue with no resolution.

<snip>
Full Article: http://jonestown.sdsu.edu/?page_id=31384

Why would the American Psychological Association decline to take a position on whether brainwashing is even a valid psychological concept?? :unsure:

That seems odd to me.

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
I miss Tommy Davis too. He was such an endless source of entertainment. I would say I felt sorry for him but I don't. I don't feel sorry for anyone in OSA. Karen Pouw and all the rest of those OSA folks deserve every bad thing that happens to them. They are the Gestapo of Scientology and are not to be pitied. Just imagine being in the position of knowing everything we know here, yet still supporting Scn Inc and spending literally every waking hour of every day defending L. Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige. I honestly do not understand how those people sleep at night.

I doubt that anyone is anxious to fill Tommy's shoes, which is why no one is stepping up to get into the public light and defend Scientology openly. Being hampered by Hubbard's insane PR policies and a sociopathic narcissist as the head of the cult, there is no winning position anyone in the Int PR Rep post could take. They can't tell the truth because Miscavige would annihilate them. They can't convincingly lie because there is too much known about Scn Inc's BS in the public and that is about to increase 100X with the documentaries coming out this year, Tony Ortega's book and all the rest that will follow. Even the media are now starting to get the idea that you can ask the tough questions and I think soon we'll see them taking the gloves off completely. Scn Inc is being called out in a big way and their weak bluster is not scaring anyone anymore.

It's funny because there are very specific things they could do to turn the whole thing around and possibly regain lost ground. Fortunately, David Miscavige will never allow those things to be done and he's not forward-thinking enough to even conceive of them. Oh well. :coolwink:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nice to hear that he had a holiday in 2009 at Scientology's campus in Gilman Hot Springs, California, which also contains Scientology's organization Golden Era Productions. So Tommy, does the "Hole" exist ?? :whistling:

apple

Patron Meritorious
I kind of miss him to. Rinder was very smooth but Davis was just an A-hole. I wonder if Davis is embarrassed by his actions, I wonder if his mother is proud of him for behaving the way he did.

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious

What do you want to bet they had a camera on Sweeney as he watched the ccrh horror show and watched what phrases made him flinch? is that phrase in their creepshow videos, didn't Tommy harass him right after having him watch that cchr video?

I'd like to see Sweeney interview Tommy after he whistleblows!

He's my wishlist in sequence for who I want to be the next whistleblower, I'm sure I'm missing some people...

Shelly
Heber
DM
Tom
Travoltas
Juliette
Kirstie
Tommy
Guilherme

Whilst we're on that subject, what is the deal with Juliette Lewis? She's never struck me as an idiot (Chick Corea would be another example) These are two people that I just can't figure out why they're involved.

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
I kind of miss him to. Rinder was very smooth but Davis was just an A-hole. I wonder if Davis is embarrassed by his actions, I wonder if his mother is proud of him for behaving the way he did.

I think 'slimy' would be a better word for Rinder.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Tommy Davis was such a complete megalomaniacal, hate-filled, lie-spewing, fair-gaming cult clown. That's why I miss him.

When I watch sports I always root for one team and wish doom upon the other. It makes being a spectator so much more fun & exciting when one side is so despicably manipulative and cruel, they can inspire hate.

Thanks Tommy. You made my Scientology watching so much more meaningful and inspirational. Easily the great majority of my 18K posts on ESMB were inspired by the ELCC's of Scientology (Hubbard, Miscavige, Davis, Kirstie, et al)

ELCC -noun: Elite Lying Cult Clowns

HelluvaHoax!

Perhaps I was a tad harsh on Tommy Davis in that last post.

I will try to be more fair & balanced today.

Thus, I have written a lovely Haiku about Mr. Davis.

Lying piece of shit
Effete cult clown spewing lies
Have I mentioned lies?

HelluvaHoax!

Tommy Davis: Haiku #2

Worst spokesman ever!
Does he look brain washed to you?
Then his quals are in.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Whilst we're on that subject, what is the deal with Juliette Lewis? She's never struck me as an idiot (Chick Corea would be another example) These are two people that I just can't figure out why they're involved.

Juliette was born into it, both of her parents were Scientologists. Her father is actor Geoffrey Lewis.

Last edited:

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
Now that entitled and very rich Tommy Davis can escape the worst RPF, thanks to pop and mom' huge wallets (how wonderful is it to be born with a fistful of trust funds)... he can pretend to be a 'family man'....wonder how fulfilling his present condition is....with his rantings and ravings all over the net for all to see, he must be very careful about appearing in public for real fear of undesirable encounters.
Shewolf thinks he is in hidey comfy hole somewhere and maybe hopes we all forget about it: BIG FAT CHANCE! Ehhhehe....
Cannot for the life of me imagine this creature as role model for an infant....

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
When was the last time a Scientology spokesperson ever gave an interview on camera ? I don't think I've ever seen Karin Pouw talking to the media or being interviewed.

Oh, Tommy, WHY did you have to leave the Sea Org? WHY?

You provided so much entertainment with your interviews.

Your "Well, buddy, you got it! Right here! Right now! I'm angry!" was so priceless!

I wish we could see his reaction to the HBO documentary.

I think somebody should start an "AngryScientologist" meme with Tommy Davis. He could make a lot of money just like the owners of GrumpyCat have.

Doesn't anybody have any mutual Facebook friends with him?

Is he just living a boring, mundane existence now, or is he secretly browsing Grindr behind Jessica's back?

You know, Tommy really should have been an actor.

I don't think there is any Spokeshole for Scientology.

Karin Pouw is more than likely licking gulag floors due to not being able to handle the entheta on Scientology and every word uttered in the media is none other than David Miscavige.

He has to do EVERYTHING these days!!

I do miss Tommy Davis. I would love to hear what he is doing these days....and if he is getting himself up the Bridge to Total Spiritual
Freedom by moving up in Status!! :wink2:

betskand

Patron with Honors
Juliette she was born into it, both of her parents were Scientologists. Her father is actor Geoffrey Lewis.

The public figure I wish would distance himself completely is Beck. I love his music. I know he grew up in it...but he isn't stupid either, and if he explores Elron's history and work I can't see how he could stick with it. "There's a lot of good about it" seems to be a default defense by public figures who are questioned.

HelluvaHoax!

Let's see, Tommy has been out of the Sea Org for a few years now.

I wonder if Tommy has realized yet that during all those years he was lying his ass off to the media, he was the only person in the world who thought he was doing great PR and that his ridiculous lying wasn't painfully obvious.

From The Who's rock opera "TOMMY":

That deaf dumb and blind kid
Sure plays a screwed up TR-L.