What's new

I no longer suffer because of Scientology or Scientologists. I am enlightened.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
We here have agreed on some things (who is who and what is what) but what about NOW?

There is a Light in you right now. And you can spread (disperse) your light all over the place. Or you can hold it here, right where you are, and only shed it onto your past or future you want.
- If you value your Light you won't waste it left, right and center. You'll keep it with you, along yourself.

- If I'm clear.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Too complicated. Try this: quit coffee and tobacco if you use either or both. Get on some high end effective diet suppliments. A lot of those are just fresh herbs from a good grocery store ... as in fresh ginger, habenero peppers, garlic, onions, fresh tumeric, dill, sage, etc. Growing your own is best. Get some herbal info. Spend 3 hours per day at the gym, work up to really stiff workouts. Be sure to include flexibility training in your routines. Simplify life as much as possible. For your online time, I reccommend lumosity for brain training games, and get yourself a free practice account at http://www.forex.com There is a lot of free training material online for FOREX, try babypips.com that is a good one to start with. It's the ultimate video game. Top players do 20k per night. That is real money. No shit. Realistically, that kind of juice can be brought down with an account around 300k.

Pete

Or may be just start taking street drugs?

Have you, Pete, read what Will has meant to say?

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
perhaps ...

Or may be just start taking street drugs?

Have you, Pete, read what Will has meant to say?

Perhaps I should re read it closely. Mainly I skimmed thru it. It struck me as overly complex. Stopping bad habbits, getting on a good diet regarding suppliments, and working out worked for me to clear my head. I am heading back in that direction now as well, have to drop weight and am dealing with stomach problems as well.

Pete

Will Fry

Patron
I've read Tolle and some makes sense. But sometimes it looks like just another new age cult where a new "demon" has been named and targetted for eradication.

In Christianity it's the devil, in Scientology it's the reactive mind (or SPs!). In Tolle's writings (and a lot of new age stuff) the new demon is EGO. Big bad EGO! But putting a label on something and trying to eradicate it..... doesn't that just give it more power???

And Mystic.... WTF - if you're going to make predictions, make em!

The ego is not big. The ego is not bad. The ego is, and can not be eradicated.

I have no enemies.

Will Fry

Patron
Thanks to Panda's advice to someone here to read Tolle's "The Power of Now" to calm one's mind, I'm in the middle of this book. :)

What's interesting and fascinating to me, is that Tolle describes experience of being in the Now just like what I've personally had at some blissful moments of my life. - Every time I've had those I was in the NOW.
So, to me what Tolle describes has not been something unseen and unheard of before.

And I see that what Tolle speaks about thew Power of being in the NOW parallels Maslow's description of Peak Experiences.

(not going to make assertions here.... just putting it out here... You can have at it)

Totally!

You know what i figured out... That my wins in Scientology from being "key'd-out" or "going exterior" were actually just gaps in the stream of mind, where I was able to be in the present moment. Though, having no actual understanding of WHY this was happening, it never lasted.

One of my favorite wins in scientology was doing a 2-hour confront of my desk in the sea org. After about the first hour, I had come to the present moment and stayed there. My twin (sitting next to me), later commented on how profound my space was. But when the exercise was over, I went right back into my mind, totally blown away by the experience.

This is much like that, only all the time. And with the peace of understanding to go with it :)

Will Fry

Patron
Will might have been sharp in his statements. But I agree with him. He is right in his OP and main points.

Life is not and has not been "suffering".
- We made it such (i.e. we preferred to suffer, to experience things we didn't want to experience).

Life after Scientology is not such. Has not been such. Should not be such. Is not such.

This is suffering.

You suffer.

You do not have to.

Will Fry

Patron
Too complicated. Try this: quit coffee and tobacco if you use either or both. Get on some high end effective diet suppliments. A lot of those are just fresh herbs from a good grocery store ... as in fresh ginger, habenero peppers, garlic, onions, fresh tumeric, dill, sage, etc. Growing your own is best. Get some herbal info. Spend 3 hours per day at the gym, work up to really stiff workouts. Be sure to include flexibility training in your routines. Simplify life as much as possible. For your online time, I reccommend lumosity for brain training games, and get yourself a free practice account at http://www.forex.com There is a lot of free training material online for FOREX, try babypips.com that is a good one to start with. It's the ultimate video game. Top players do 20k per night. That is real money. No shit. Realistically, that kind of juice can be brought down with an account around 300k.

Pete

Sounds like fun.

I quit smoking on June 22nd. I work out with personal trainers 3 days a week. Though I have stopped since the begining of the year, when the inner-journey began to take up so much of my attention. But it is time to get back to it. I think I'm going to start yoga. Maybe Bikram yoga.

Will Fry

Patron
We here have agreed on some things (who is who and what is what) but what about NOW?

There is a Light in you right now. And you can spread (disperse) your light all over the place. Or you can hold it here, right where you are, and only shed it onto your past or future you want.
- If you value your Light you won't waste it left, right and center. You'll keep it with you, along yourself.

- If I'm clear.

There is no past. There is no future. There is only now.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Will, I hope you aren't trying to become another srititual teacher here (hope not).
- Some of your words sound like of one of them .

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
I mean not poking jokes at you here.

You gave information, we exchange information... There is no "communication that creates affinity and reality, and, thus, ARC, and thus - Understanding" - Just won't happen. Never happened.

Will Fry

Patron
Perhaps I should re read it closely. Mainly I skimmed thru it. It struck me as overly complex. Stopping bad habbits, getting on a good diet regarding suppliments, and working out worked for me to clear my head. I am heading back in that direction now as well, have to drop weight and am dealing with stomach problems as well.

Pete

This is suffering.

Will Fry

Patron
Will, I hope you aren't trying to become another srititual teacher here (hope not).
- Some of your words sound like of one of them .

The moment you see a blade of grass as your equal, you will suffer no more.

Unfortunately, you cannot think your way into seeing it. And I cannot talk you into it.

Suffering is the greatest spiritual teacher there is.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
The moment you see a blade of grass as your equal, you will suffer no more.

Unfortunately, you cannot think your way into seeing it. And I cannot talk you into it.

Suffering is the greatest spiritual teacher there is.

WTF are you saying, Will?

You guys are kidding right?

I don't know what the subculture is like here, but I'll assume there's open mindedness and humor allowed.
Someone please tell me it's sarcasm and dry humor.
I haven't been around enough to know.

If it's not, then I must throw out what will probably be an unpopular observation.
Not that I mind being a stick in the mud
Some of the posts as so "spiritually" oriented.
And by "spiritually" I mean self oriented. Still absorbed by your own internal state. Both the feeling and meaning of it.

What's the big deal about "feeling at one" or any of that equivalent mumbo. It sounds like some of the posters are going for some sort of "EP", makes one practically expect the next poster to say, "thank you, your needle is floating". Come to think of it, probably should have just wisecracked that and waited to see if it was seen as being amusing or sarcastic and invalidating.

One poster did comment on trying to become a spiritual leader os something similar here. That's similar to my point.

"Though the human condition can never be erased, it CAN be observed. And to the degree in which you do this honestly and accurately, you will rise above the effects of unconscious thought."

Uhh.. "..effects of unconscious thought" Sounds a little reactive mind-ish to me.
I thought this was a place for ex scientologists.

Scientology is so much about your internal state, levels abilities etc.
Still trying to give yourself a psychic fix of sorts, or find answers. As though despite being an Ex scn the quest can't be given a rest.
This isn't a news site, but it seems like a continuation of trying to find the answers. At least it's free.
And don't get me wrong, this isn't said in a mean spirited way, but just a observation. Good news is that it'll will be a funny and ironic bonus if some here calls me invalidating or uses a some scn term translated out in to regular human English.

And incidentally, I can't believe I'm not on the SP list. How disappointing.

I'm happy for all you guys though, you got out.

Last edited:

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have suffered a lot in this life, with many problems I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. If anyone thinks suffering is good, I would gladly trade lives with them.

A pleasant life WITHOUT suffering is better.

As far as Tolle is concerned, I'm not willing to read an entire book just to see what you're talking about. :confused2: Why don't you give us a one-paragraph summary of his philosophy? If you spoil it for us, so much the better.

Helena

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
EckhartTolle- The word enlightenment conjures up the idea of some superhuman accomplishment, and the ego likes to keep it that way, but it is simply your natural state of felt oneness with Being. It is a state of connectedness with something immeasurable and indestructible, something that, almost paradoxically, is essentially you and yet is much greater than you. It is finding your true nature beyond name and form.

All the misery on the planet arises due to a personalized sense of "me" or "us." That covers up the essence of who you are. When you are unaware of that inner essence, in the end you always create misery. It's as simple as that. When you don't know who you are, you create a mind-made self as a substitute for your beautiful divine being and cling to that fearful and needy self.

Protecting and enhancing that false sense of self then becomes your primary motivating force.

http://peacefulrivers.homestead.com/EckhartTolle.html

zionriver2.JPG

Will Fry

Patron
EckhartTolle- The word enlightenment conjures up the idea of some superhuman accomplishment, and the ego likes to keep it that way, but it is simply your natural state of felt oneness with Being. It is a state of connectedness with something immeasurable and indestructible, something that, almost paradoxically, is essentially you and yet is much greater than you. It is finding your true nature beyond name and form.

All the misery on the planet arises due to a personalized sense of "me" or "us." That covers up the essence of who you are. When you are unaware of that inner essence, in the end you always create misery. It's as simple as that. When you don't know who you are, you create a mind-made self as a substitute for your beautiful divine being and cling to that fearful and needy self.

Protecting and enhancing that false sense of self then becomes your primary motivating force.

http://peacefulrivers.homestead.com/EckhartTolle.html

zionriver2.JPG

boom