What's new

I no longer suffer because of Scientology or Scientologists. I am enlightened.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am old enough that, when I hear [laughter] and [chuckles] among an audience listening to a lecture by somebody who has got it all figured out and is sharing their knowledge, I just want to fade away.

I'm long done with being part of a group that -- upon the leader's subtle signal -- laughs or chuckles in agreement or admiration.

Gurus, groups and me -- not so much. In fact, not for nearly 25 years.

TG1

I beg your pardon.

That interview seemed to me as an interview of "one-on-one" type (not the one where crowd is chuckling or laughing).

- Well, I might be wrong but.. that's how I see it.

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
Ok. I admit that I might be "under influence" of Tolle's teachings now. - Can't argue about that.

Yet, to me what he says rings the bell. In fact, even before Scn, I had those ideas that Tolle expresses so well.
I liked Tao and Zen (before I even got involved into Scn).

To me, Tolle's words are revealing what I've been hiding from myself for so long.
- Simple truths that have been around all the time.
:blush:

:thumbsup:

My route was via Alan Watts ---> Various other speakers on Taoism, Hinduism, Buddhism ---> Eckhart Tolle ---> Gangaji ; not necessarily in strict order but bouncing in amongst them all back and forth and so on. I have found Watts, Tolle, and Gangaji to be the most significant to me personally, though. Like a sponge, I went through a period in the mid-90s through to some time in mid-00s just soaking it all up like a sponge, just couldn't seem to get enough. And I'd go through something like satiated periods where I couldn't listen to or read anything about it until things "settled out." I have hundreds of hours of talks by Watts and Tolle, and tens of hours of stuff by Gangaji (she was sort of the last one I ran across and became interested in; her satsang [Sanskrit sat = true, sanga = company] and essentially advaita vedanta material seemed to "bring it on home" for me, like wrapping up the package or something). They're like old friends to me yet I've never met any of them and have no desire to do so, since I, too, with the aid of their wisdom found that timeless sea of being from which all our own temporal voices originate.

In short, I get you completely, VaD.

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
I've been fartin' around with this ESMB thing for over 3 years now, I reckon...and it has been and is, useful, enjoyable and hopefully I've provided something positive to others along the way. :confused2:

To me it seems to run in cycles, or spirals...a thread progresses to what I loosely call "the limits of language" and there sorta disperses and lolls around for a while not going in any particular direction..just kinda drifting around. :)

So you see it is a rather specious and perhaps perilous thing to try to advance beyond that nebulous juncture via "language". :melodramatic:

But then, I have said too much already! :duh:

Some "get it". :eyeroll:

"The losers cry deal! deal! - while the winners pick their teeth." :whistling:

EP

Especially the red-bold above.
thumbsup.gif

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
I am old enough that, when I hear [laughter] and [chuckles] among an audience listening to a lecture by somebody who has got it all figured out and is sharing their knowledge, I just want to fade away.

I'm long done with being part of a group that -- upon the leader's subtle signal -- laughs or chuckles in agreement or admiration.

Gurus, groups and me -- not so much. In fact, not for nearly 25 years.

TG1

I posted just earlier of those to whom I felt gratitude for sharing their versions, their wording, of the "wisdom of the ages." For me, all of it was found on the internet and, so, cost nothing but the time I was willing to expend in listening and hearing, or reading and watching.

But did or do I consider them my teachers or gurus? :no: Did or would I consider attending one of their group seminars, satsangs, or other gatherings? :no: Don't care for crowds myself.

That was also a lesson learned well from my youthful and misguided allegiance to the hubbard over 35 years ago. Never again. I learned to keep my own counsel; and learned to find and cultivate my own inner voice of wisdom. The individuals spoken of helped me with that.

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
It's great that you see it now.

- Your message was all in the past tense. I believe you have a different view now.

Well...I still have hope! :) But now my faith is placed where it always should have been - in myself. :thumbsup: