What's new

I support you

uniquemand

Unbeliever
The following is an email I received from a person. I've stripped the names. The story should be told.

"xxxxx,

I apologize if I ramble a bit, but please read all that I have to say. Earlier tonight I had a conversation with my older sister about how our mother is forcing our younger sister (currently xx years old) to endure a rigorous Scientology-based education at the [scientology school system]. Well, we started talking about our mother, and I showed my sister a post of yours that I read some time ago after aimlessly googling my mother's name. The thread, located on exscn.net, was titled "What was the last straw for you?" Our mother is xxxxxx xxxxx.

I didn't really pay much attention to your post at the time, but after showing it to my older sister (xxxxx) she said that she had seen another post with your username on exscientologykids.com about your missing daughter. Instantly, it all clicked: your wife, for a time, headed our [program in xxxxxx], and when I was just a boy, not more than [x] years old, your family stayed with us for some time, being sheltered from you (or so my siblings were told) by our mother. We were all told some rather terrible things about you, things that I simply couldn't believe could be true, but as a child still under the influence of my mother I didn't really have any ability to question things at the time. Now, as an adult, I recall those things and see them as just being typical slander that the Church spreads around, but I am ashamed that the origin of all this trouble for you was my own mother.

Sadly, I too haven't heard from your family since they left the [xxxxxxx] area, but I assure you that you have the full support of me, my brother xxxx and my sister xxxxx. Like xxxxx, we've all had to endure the Church in order to simply appease our parents, and I'll have you know that if she's anything like us she will turn against it and return to you some day. She's probably been told terrible things about you her whole life, so please don't give up--make sure that some day she is able to see her real father.

--xxxx xxxxx"

P.S. If you get this, can you please tell me what happened to xxx?

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Perhaps it should be told, UM, but are you sure you're not compromising someone by posting this private communication here?

Feral

Rogue male
That's a great letter mate.

Nice to see people pierce that false CofS stereotype hung on those like us who leave, eh?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Am I sure? No, Panda, I'm not. However, all personal data has been stripped. So have all dates. So has the recipient. The personal nature of the communication makes it that much more effective. Obviously, these people have already been considering not being involved with the Church, and are looking for help for their younger sister. I don't think there's much left to compromise.

Doom

Lurking.
F**k thats hard to read, Mum and Dad throw the kids to the wolves,
because they think its right or is it just they think that the kids need to be punished.

Then they poision the childrens minds with DA bullshit.

Full credit to this child for not buying the bullshit and making up his own mind.

It always pisses me off when the children are just collatoral damage, Im glad that this smart Cookie has his own mind.

Im off to chop some firewood.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Its all very well for an adult to delve into and practise all manner of mumbo jumbo hocus pocus gobble dee gook - but to force children into it . . .

Sick. Just sick.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I'm proud of him for reaching out to the interested parties. He didn't do the damage, but he obviously wants it made up.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Am I sure? No, Panda, I'm not. However, all personal data has been stripped. So have all dates. So has the recipient. The personal nature of the communication makes it that much more effective. Obviously, these people have already been considering not being involved with the Church, and are looking for help for their younger sister. I don't think there's much left to compromise.
Fair enough, U. I'm happy to see the destructive nature of scientology exposed at every turn but hope it can be done without causing further suffering for those already harmed. There's been more than enough of that already.

The message you posted is important testimony and I'm glad that you received it.

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
It's a lovely communication, UM. It must give you real joy to have received it and hope.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

It took me five minutes on Google to find the Delphi sister's name. Your obfuscation techniques could use some improvement, Kev.

Paul