I WANT TO LOVE MY FAMILY BUT......

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
<snip>
And, after being so dissatisfied with the LAST spiritual path that you walked (Scientology)...
<snip>

Scientology may be many things but a spiritual path it isn't.

Maybe a case could be made for it being quasi-spiritual......maybe.

Scientology is spiritual in the same sense Ron was a philosopher.

All that stuff leaves one wading in BS that is mych deeper than hip boots.

Gadfly

Crusader
Scientology may be many things but a spiritual path it isn't.

Maybe a case could be made for it being quasi-spiritual......maybe.

Scientology is spiritual in the same sense Ron was a philosopher.

All that stuff leaves one wading in BS that is mych deeper than hip boots.

:thumbsup:

I most surely agree. My only point is that some or many people lost any drive for many things "spiritual" after getting a raw deal with Scientology. I suspect that no small few have "equated" Scientology with ANY pursuit involving the mind or spirit (which would not be a good idea). Sure, there ARE other spiritual pursuits, and probably even many, that are scams also to some degree. But, not all . . . . :confused2:

I think that Scientology is primarily a business that uses spiritual ideas, that pretends to be a religion, that uses some "therapy" ideas, and uses LOTS of hard-sell business ideas to take advantage of overly trusting people.

I have said many times that as a spiritual pursuit Scientology is a complete joke (the joke being on the follower). In fact, just about every Scientologist I ever knew, and I knew quite a few over the years, was very much NOT spiritually-inclinded or aware much past his or her own severe indoctrination.

onthepes

Patron with Honors
See, if doing Scientology actually led you to a state where you rose up to a state where you were truly curious about all things, with no great desire or attachment, THAT would be cool. But, it never does that. Not in its current form as designed by Hubbard.

As usual, you speak sense to me Gadfly and I am grateful. I firmly believe that LRH wrote so prolific not out of caring for fellow man, but so he had a reference for any given situation. My god, the amount of bullshit this caused. Staff flying around pointing at references, "LRH says here" and "Yes but he said this later". The shitfights over a bunch of lies. I am sure we have all been there.

So you have the whole thing of flourishing and prospering and winning, surviving and the Goal of a Sceintologist. MAN :angry:.

But conversely you have the "Havingness Trio" and where you "permit to remain in place". I like the thought of that. Just leaving something as it is. I would actually, spiritually prefer this to trying to confront everything and taking a loss because you "didn't make it go right".

Also your other point:

I most surely agree. My only point is that some or many people lost any drive for many things "spiritual" after getting a raw deal with Scientology. I suspect that no small few have "equated" Scientology with ANY pursuit involving the mind or spirit (which would not be a good idea). Sure, there ARE other spiritual pursuits, and probably even many, that are scams also to some degree.

I have thought about this a lot since joining this board. I do feel a little fucked up after leaving Scientology. Not as fucked up as when I was in it. I sent out a kind thought to all on this board, as to how they were leading their lives.

I still believe in following a "spiritual" path. At the moment, I am a bit all over the place. I use techniques I learned prior to Scientology that help me tune in more and continue to read about aspects in Buddhism. This is nice but I do not have any real firm foothold.

I am chary to mention any ideas on self-improvement here as I have before and have been met with a certain derision. A sort of "that weren't work" mentality.

I understand that reaction. Hell, we have all been burned before in Scientology. My track record in Scientology was 7 years. 4 of those were staff. I have had trouble letting go of the grip of the "quasi-spirituality". There are people here that suffered worse and for longer periods, so I can relate to their weariness on the situation.

I was more spiritual prior to Scientology. But I was at a point where I had virtually zero control, was having panic attacks and hid from everything. I believe that I did improve on those things during my time in Scientology. I am less likely now to be screwed with. That may have more to do with my "time in Scientology" rather than any Hubbard Tech.

But that was an excellent point about people on-lines in Scientology. I don't feel there were too many I met that I would think were interested in being Spiritual. For myself, and as per your earlier post, this would mean a person who can accept things as they are and only change those things that desperately need attention (rather than the franticness of the Bridge). Scientology was not designed that way. Scientology gets you to observe something and then introvert obsessively about how you are going to change it. This would apply to any of the Dynamics.

I have been watching quite a number of YouTube vids regarding ex's experiences in Scientology. There are responses from those who were not indoctrinated into the whole sham. Understandably, their response is either "that's awfully sad" or "what the hell were you doing in there for so long".

Unless, you are part of the whole persuasive LRH argument, you don't realize how delicious it all sounds. The idea of a bridge to freedom. Sounds delightful, hey. The idea that if you jeopardize that then so begins your dwindling spiral.

Scientology is like the delicious entree at a fancy restaurant, only to find the main meal is a major dissapointment.

TheRealNoUser

Patron with Honors
snip.....
The point is "How do I mock up love my family. Is it possible?"

Hubbard was extremely good at installing thought patterns and terminology into people that are later very hard to shake.

Just take another look at your last sentence. That is a typical Hubbard technique. He wants you to think like him, and use terms like him. That way you will be hooked on the subject, and simultaneously alienated from those who are not Scientologists.

I don't know but I guess you may be only newly out. Here's an idea.... try to ditch everything that is even vaguely Scientologyesque for several months or better still, years. Ditch all your books, materials, etc etc. Whenever you catch yourself doing, saying, or thinking something Hubbardian - make a mental note not to do it again. Just get that crap out of your life and mind. A serious purge.

You will soon find that you have much more in common with your own family and their reactions, quirks, and sense of humor than you think. Maybe then you will have an unexpected realization that you love them. Probably when you least expect it.

Hubbard was a very divisive conman. Don't let him win.

Best,

TRNU.