What's new

I wanted to be The youngest clear

Dave

Patron
From the time I was a baby my dad filled my head with stories of L. Ron Hubbard.

He told me of fantastic gains mom had with auditing and I heard how he told my mom "I'm going to buy this book, Dianetics, (from an ad in his Sci-Fi Mag), and I'm going to cure your eczema"

The story goes that he did both. LRH was my dad’s hero and soon became mine. We didn't have a Santa Claus; we had the Old Man of the Mountain and LRH

When dad told me that Arthur Hubbard had gone clear, he was reading some magazine and I was 7 and I remember thinking I had 3 years to be the youngest clear on the planet. Dad also told me that Hubbard only needed 10% of the population clear to turn the trick, save the planet essentially.

I wanted to be the youngest clear on the planet. Irony of ironies it seems that I had already been cleared in my previous life. But that understanding would come much later.

My one Scientology friend and me would play what would you do if you were OT? And talk of space ships depositing theatens in hail and the reasons we can’t get off planet.

I was 7 years old. My best friend was Andy Bagley’s son Conan. Andy was a bit of a celebrity in the Scientology Portland Org area during the 60’s.

We were talking about implant stations and History of Man alien stuff at that age. To me being OT meant I could control a paper airplane and fly it around. I was told at that age that this was a prison planet and that we could not leave this solar system, that when we die we are captured again and re-trapped life after life in a never ending story of stagnation. This is what Hubbard meant to change. This is the freedom I sought and why nothing else mattered.

That was the prize, to rejoin the rest of Galactic humanity. This was my reality at 7 years old. These were my dreams and nightmares.

I went about my life, always feeling I knew something others did not. I remember in 6th grade wanting to clear my 6th grade class but I knew that they didn't even know there was a problem. Truth is I was always an outcast, a loaner and not popular.

Unfortunately I also had too much and too little information. Dad had a lot of first edition books, PABS and such around. I knew the game was to run bank as pictures but my hidden shame was I could not see pictures. I didn’t have a bank. How could Dianetics work on me? How could I be saved?

Based on my inability to see pictures (and being depressed a lot) and having access to a scale which had on one side a pcs visuals in auditing and on the other side the condition of the case.

At the top was no pictures. That meant no case
At the bottom was no pictures. which meant the case was occluded or BLACK 5 OCCLUDED CASE

Since I had never had auditing, and I certainly did not feel any clear, I figured I was a black 5. That of course meant I was some evil bastard on the whole track, or at least that is how I interpreted it. That was a withhold since I was 12 years old. I was really an SP, The tech wouldn't work for me, and I was in effect forever doomed.

And yes I had all of this figured out on my own by the time I was in Junior High School. My best friend and only Scientology friend told me about his auditing, and how he could look at pictures like a card catalogue, and my brother, same story and here I am with no pictures. DOOMED

I didn't dare trust myself yet there was no one I could tell. I tried to tell a Scientologist that ran a meeting at my parent’s house. I waited for him to finish and politely told him I could not see pictures. He said "of course you can, close your eyes, look at a cat... see?", and then went away leaving me looking at a black spot where I was told a cat would be.

That is the last time until now that I have mentioned this little withhold. It has become irrelevant.

I had myself so convinced that I was an SP, that when I would read that part in the ethics book, that if I thought I was SP then I most certainly was not? It was not relief.

I calculated it this way.

Since I knew that if I thought I was SP I could not be SP,
And an SP will deny at all costs being SP,
So I figured that I was sort of outsmarting myself into believing I was SP
So I could convince myself ultimately that I was not SP
To cover the fact that I really was in fact SP.

If that sounds simple you try it. Just remember SASST

"I could not be" that denial was itself condemnation. I had convinced myself to doubt myself to prove to myself that I was not and therefore I was...

This was real for me. This was my childhood.

So here I was a child Scientologist, in the 60's, who had no recollection of past life clearing. In fact I should mention that I had such doubt that when Hubbard published the Natural clear material, I was on the RPF at the time, and I stood reading it after a muster, and all I can remember is reading the past life clear and my jaw dropped. I was thinking both, Oh my god that is what happened, and that is impossible, and then asked myself an auditing question "when" and it came to me. 1947. But I was not born until 55 and even dianetics was 50. So that made no sense.

It was only later that I ran into an obscure PAB from the late 40s that talked about a clearing technique that as-ised the entire whole track without inspection. Not the pictures but the mechanism itself. He claimed that he never could train any one else to do it so dropped it a valid processing. He also claimed that he had done this a few times and that he had made sure to keep track of those people. Sort of a one shot clear or along that sort of line.

I can tell you that is not true in my case. I am fairly sure that I walked into Hubbard’s office one day when he was being a swami dude and I walked out completely different in a way I could not handle and soon died. No one helped me understand what had happened and it was devastating.

Just try to think without your pictures. This life I learned to operate on KNOW but I could never explain how I knew. I had no data or pictures just certainty. That’s kinda messed up.

Since I have no whole track to stick pictures on it seems I have to create pictures but that doesn't help auditing does it.

After about 30 years I finally figured out that what I needed was to get my body old enough to audit without any serious trauma, run some rudiments, and do my OT3. I finally figured out that I had been in the non-interference zone for nearly 40 years.

This story is getting long and I am not even in High School. But this is also still the 60s and this story has yet to get started.

This is most certainly to be continued.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Good stuff!
I was older than you but I can still relate to being brought up with the 'tech' and what it does to a child's concept of reality.

Looking forward to more....

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
OT Games

The 1960's was a wild time in the OT arena for myriad reasons.

Your story is real to me and I'm enjoying it.

Thank you and Welcome. :thumbsup:

lkwdblds

Crusader
Nipping the compulsion to create pictures at genus?

While studying the Dianetic interneship at CCLA in late 1970, I remember reading a phrase where Hubbard stated that it could be thoeretically possible to nip the compulsion to create picture at genus. It sounds like Hubbard ran a process on you in 1947 which did this. It is hard for me to relate to a total cut off of the compulsion to create all pictures. That does not seem to be pro survival. What the goal of the early clear was may have been to nip at genus or nip in the bud the compulsion of the being to create pictures during moments of loss, pain or unconsciousness but not all pictures in general.

Hubbard implied that beings did not come into existence automatically creating pictures as they moved through the time stream. This implies an early period on everyone's track where no pictures were made or probably more accurately, sporadic pictures were made, only as needed. From this early sporadic picture making, some kind of decision was made to have pictures made automatically and compulsively by every being. Every being in the Physical Universe had to agree to this to be in the game "Physical Universe". Its hard to believe that in only one session, back in 1947, Hubbard had a strong enough process to nip your compulsion to create all pictures in the bud and then let you wander out on the street existing in that condition.

This is a very broad and interesting area. How were all beings made to agree to this one compulsion. What rationale was used to obtain their agreement. Was it done with tricks and lies or was the argument an honest one. It is so hard to imagine going through life with the ability to make NO pictures but easy to imagine making non compulsive pictures automatically, semi automatically or only when needed.

This is very interesting to read about so hurry up and write more so we can see where and how you coped with not being able to create any pictures.
Lakey

Last edited:

Div6

Crusader
"It was only later that I ran into an obscure PAB from the late 40s that talked about a clearing technique that as-ised the entire whole track without inspection. Not the pictures but the mechanism itself."

As far as I know, PAB's were not in existence until the '50's. So, in the local parlance.....(and not meaning any disrespect) Docs or GTFO.

That said, there have been references to matieral I have not seen directly, that essentially state that every theta being is given a compulsion to collect other theta beings and pictures. There was a reference to this in HoM as I recall.

I would imagine if that compulsion were to be run out, it would be like being a snorkler in a sea of sharks....as long as they were not hungry, you were ok. Otherwise, you became dinner...

Please, continue.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
While studying the Dianetic interneship at CCLA in late 1970, I remember reading a phrase where Hubbard stated that it could be thoeretically possible to nip the compulsion to create picture at genus. It sounds like Hubbard ran a process on you in 1947 which did this. It is hard for me to relate to a total cut off of the compulsion to create all pictures. That does not seem to be pro survival. What the goal of the early clear was may have been to nip at genus or nip in the bud the compulsion of the being to create pictures during moments of loss, pain or unconsciousness but not all pictures in general.

Hubbard implied that beings did not come into existence automatically creating pictures as they moved through the time stream. This implies an early period on everyone's track where no pictures were made or probably more accurately, sporadic pictures were made, only as needed. From this early sporadic picture making, some kind of decision was made to have pictures made automatically and compulsively by every being. Every being in the Physical Universe had to agree to this to be in the game "Physical Universe". Its hard to believe that in only one session, back in 1947, Hubbard had a strong enough process to nip your compulsion to create all pictures in the bud and then let you wander out on the street existing in that condition.

This is a very broad and interesting area. How were all beings made to agree to this one compulsion. What rationale was used to obtain their agreement. Was it done with tricks and lies or was the argument an honest one. It is so hard to imagine going through life with the ability to make NO pictures but easy to imagine making non compulsive pictures automatically, semi automatically or only when needed.

This is very interesting to read about so hurry up and write more so we can see where and how you coped with not being able to create any pictures.
Lakey

There were many who died in the early years from out-gradient processing,

running one up the pole and then cave-in and overwhelm. I know some.

Veda

Sponsor
While studying the Dianetic interneship at CCLA in late 1970, I remember reading a phrase where Hubbard stated that it could be thoeretically possible to nip the compulsion to create picture at genus. It sounds like Hubbard ran a process on you in 1947 which did this.

-snip-

-snip-

Hubbard was a teller a tall tales. In other words, he lied about stuff. He told Scientologists stories about "before 1950," and these included not only his having lived with bandits in the Himalayas, having been, in WWII, "crippled and blinded and abandoned by friends and family," but also that he had "made Clears" in 1947.

In 1986, Sara Northrup, his 2nd wife, was interviewed. She was with him in Bayhead, New Jersey, in late 1949, when he pasted together his old 1938 'Excalibur' (Survive!) with the hypno-abreaction therapy popular after WWII, plus a hefty dose of P.T. Barnum, and produced 'Dianetics, The Modern Science of Mental Health'.

Sara gave no indication that any "auditing" was occurring in 1947, or that he husband did much "research," especially "research" involving other people. As for "Clears," there were none made in 1950, but, somehow, supposedly, there had been hundreds made in 1947.

Hubbard invented a history for himself, and a history for Dianetics and Scientology, and I can only suggest that this "history" be taken with a grain of salt.

However, there is another area, and other aspect, and that is ideas.

The process of abreaction in not automatically invalid because Hubbard P.T Barnum-ized it and sold it; out-of-the-body-experience is not automatically invalid because Hubbard packaged it and sold it, or at least sold the promise of it. Past Lives, similarly, are not automatically invalid because Hubbard gave Scientologists a "past," from his own invented this-lifetime pre-1950 past (into which some have placed themselves), to the "cold blooded and factual account of your last sixty trillion years" (into which some have placed themselves), to the "Helatrobus Implants," to "Incident 2" of 75 millions years ago. (The Sea Org is said to be a re-gathering of "Loyal Officers" from that event.)

If there is such a thing as reincarnation, then - assuming beings return to Earth that quickly - it's possible that someone who had known Hubbard in the 1940s, etc., had died and came back, but...

Don't forget that grain of salt...

lkwdblds

Crusader
Don't forget that grain of Salt!

Hubbard was a teller a tall tales. In other words, he lied about stuff. He told Scientologists stories about "before 1950," and these included not only his having lived with bandits in the Himalayas, having been, in WWII, "crippled and blinded and abandoned by friends and family," but also that he had "made Clears" in 1947.

In 1986, Sara Northrup, his 2nd wife, was interviewed. She was with him in Bayhead, New Jersey, in late 1949, when he pasted together his old 1938 'Excalibur' (Survive!) with the hypno-abreaction therapy popular after WWII, plus a hefty dose of P.T. Barnum, and produced 'Dianetics, The Modern Science of Mental Health'.

Sara gave no indication that any "auditing" was occurring in 1947, or that he husband did much "research," especially "research" involving other people. As for "Clears," there were none made in 1950, but, somehow, supposedly, there had been hundreds made in 1947.

Hubbard invented a history for himself, and a history for Dianetics and Scientology, and I can only suggest that this "history" be taken with a grain of salt.

However, there is another area, and other aspect, and that is ideas.

The process of abreaction in not automatically invalid because Hubbard P.T Barnum-ized it and sold it; out-of-the-body-experience is not automatically invalid because Hubbard packaged it and sold it, or at least sold the promise of it. Past Lives, similarly, are not automatically invalid because Hubbard gave Scientologists a "past," from his own invented this-lifetime pre-1950 past (into which some have placed themselves), to the "cold blooded and factual account of your last sixty trillion years" (into which some have placed themselves), to the "Helatrobus Implants," to "Incident 2" of 75 millions years ago. (The Sea Org is said to be a re-gathering of "Loyal Officers" from that event.)

If there is such a thing as reincarnation, then - assuming beings return to Earth that quickly - it's possible that someone who had known Hubbard in the 1940s, etc., had died and came back, but...

Don't forget that grain of salt...

Veda -
Have you ever considered publishing a book of Hubbard's amd Scientology's history? You really should and sell it for a good price. You have assembled a vast fund of knowledge and the only time your public, such as many ESMB member, myself included, find out about pieces of the knowledge which you possess is when issues such as this one arise and you kindly reveal just a bit of your knowledge to shed light on a specific issue.

POINT #2 - The saying to "Take something with a grain of salt." I don't get the idea behind that idiom. It is saying to be skeptical. I guess by adding one grain of salt that is supposed to correspond to not accepting things at face value so the salt changes the flavor a little. It is just not a good simile but it has stuck. Any comments?

POINT #3 GULLIBILITY - I know I am gullible and accept things too easily. I always did buy into the Hubbard story of his renting an office in Hollywood and trying out the earliest versions of Dianetics in 1947 under the guise of being a Swami. Veda, do you think it is true that he audited traumatized serviceman at Oak Knoll Naval hospital when he was a patient there in 1945?

This always made sense to me that he would do this. Also he claims to have put on a doctor's smock and rigged a phoney Doctor's ID card to pin to his smock so as to gain access to the medical library at Oak Knoll. I believe that too because that is so much in line with his later activities culminating in operation "Snow White"

If he audited wounded service men at Oak Knoll to try and get hands on experience in perfecting his auditing techniques then I saw a logical thread of continuation in his going into Hollywood and setting up shop as a Swami. Again, that is something that Hubbard would do. It fits in with his persona and his need to do experimental auditing on the public in his earlier career plus in the Hollywood of the era, it was just flooded with all sorts of strange and weird practices and his swami routine would be very avant garde plus he could charge and receive a large fee for his services as the many crystall ball readers, Tarol card readers and fortune tellers of that day did. I sure do not know if he was a swami or not in 1947 but it fits his persona to a "T" {another crazy idiom - what the hell does that mean). Auditing the servicemen, pretending to be a Doctor when he was just a patient also fit his persona to a "T".

POINT #4 - COURTESY AND RESPECT TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER - When I first reply to the original poster, I want to treat the premise of his post with respect and not bash him or her with invalidation and insistence that the thing they are talking about never really happened. In my first post or two, I always give the benefit of the doubt and assume that what they are telling us is the truth.

Blue Spirit made a very good point. Book 1 probably has never made a Clear based on the definition of Clear given in the book in 60 years of usage so how would Hubbard be able to clear hundred's with a rudimentary version of Diantetics in 1947 if the more polished versions of Dianetics released in 1950 plus other versions and upgrades released in the 60's and 70's could not produce that elusive Book One clear? That point made by Blue is valid and it is irrefutable.
Lakey

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I always give the benefit of the doubt and assume that what they are telling us is the truth.

In most cases, I'll tend to think that the people are not *lying* in the sense of telling deliberate untruths, however, there's nothing unusual about people believing total codswallop and, especially considering Scientology's proven track record at successfully generating 'false memories'.

But, there's no indication of Ron ever running any kind of 'clearing' operation prior to the publication of 'Dianetics' and his actual history of the time is fairly well documented.

Also no evidence for the 'Swami' story or the 'fake doctor' story, beyond Ron's own claims, which, given His history of fantabulizing anecdotes about his glorious exploits pretty much fall into the 'wish I'd have done that' category.

A lot of people seem to have been 'audited' or 'cleared' by Ron before it could have possibly happened, which, given Scientology, is not surprising. But, they're not lying, they're just wrong.

Then again, there are people who *do* lie quite deliberately, and, they can usually be spotted by how often their 'story' changes.

Zinj

lkwdblds

Crusader
Thanks Zinj!

In most cases, I'll tend to think that the people are not *lying* in the sense of telling deliberate untruths, however, there's nothing unusual about people believing total codswallop and, especially considering Scientology's proven track record at successfully generating 'false memories'.

You make a good point here, it enables one to skeptical without being invalidative. I needed that piece of advise! Thanks a lot.

But, there's no indication of Ron ever running any kind of 'clearing' operation prior to the publication of 'Dianetics' and his actual history of the time is fairly well documented.

Fairly well documented but there is still unaccounted time. Hubbard could have rented a storefront and put out his Swami shingle for 30 days or 60 days. Knowing the Ron of 1947, he was broke and would not have paid the bill for the storefront office. It would be interesting if someone came forward and claimed he rented a storefront to Ron in 1947 and was never paid his rent. That would add crediblity to the Swami story but still not "prove" it.

Also no evidence for the 'Swami' story or the 'fake doctor' story, beyond Ron's own claims, which, given His history of fantabulizing anecdotes about his glorious exploits pretty much fall into the 'wish I'd have done that' category.

True, but later on he was very comfortable with his employees falsely getting jobs or sneaking into places under false pretexts to spy on his perceived enemies. A case can be made either way.

A lot of people seem to have been 'audited' or 'cleared' by Ron before it could have possibly happened, which, given Scientology, is not surprising. But, they're not lying, they're just wrong.

I can't really argue with you about this one. How do you feel about the assertion, sometimes stated by others but I don't believe Ron stated it himself, that Ron had learned Freudian analysis from Commander Snake Thompson, USN, and had a real knack for it and could get" releases" on people's cases, not full erasures as Clearing would require but key outs or releases. Do you or Veda think there is anything to this assertion?

Then again, there are people who *do* lie quite deliberately, and, they can usually be spotted by how often their 'story' changes.

Very good point, no argument from me on that one!

Another excellent point!

Zinj

Zinj, Veda, Blue Spirit, the originator of the thread, Dave, claims that he can not even close his eyes and mock up a picture of a cat in his "mind's eye". This is a very extreme statement. Either it is true or he is making it up. There does not seem to be any middle ground on this assertion. It is difficult to see how Dave could be intending to tell the truth but is overembellishing. In such a case as Dave's, far be it for me to assert that someone is lying. I just prefer to stir things up, get as much info as possible and let people make their own conclusions. "I have no dog in this race." My policy is to not accuse someone of lying unless I have irrefutable proof and so I return it to you guys for further discussion.
Lakey

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I don't know Dave and haven't read enough from him to form an opinion on his sincerity, and, all things considered, I don't have any particular reason to even want to form an opinion.

But, it's quite possible to fall into 'hysteria' which in one of its meanings, references psychosomatic infirmities such as 'hysterical blindness' or deafness or lameness etc.

(now called 'conversion disorder' - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterical_blindness)

I have no question that the inability to 'mock up mental image pictures' could be related. On another thread there's a discussion of 'OTs' not dreaming, which I'd consider equally unlikely in reality, but, self-perceived.

Zinj

lkwdblds

Crusader
I did the old OT Levels thru OT VII and the new to V

I don't know Dave and haven't read enough from him to form an opinion on his sincerity, and, all things considered, I don't have any particular reason to even want to form an opinion.

But, it's quite possible to fall into 'hysteria' which in one of its meanings, references psychosomatic infirmities such as 'hysterical blindness' or deafness or lameness etc.

(now called 'conversion disorder' - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterical_blindness)

I have no question that the inability to 'mock up mental image pictures' could be related. On another thread there's a discussion of 'OTs' not dreaming, which I'd consider equally unlikely in reality, but, self-perceived.

Zinj

I did the "Old" OT Levels through OT VII and NOTs through OT V completion and I still Dream every night. I have not heard any OT, even the new 7's and 8's ever mention anything about not dreaming. I think the story is "an old wives tale". I have heard it too but found it to be of no merit.
Lakey