What's new

I was tired of broken promises!

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wait, do you have an FSM yet? I could use the commission :)

(FSM - Field Staff Member - can get a % of other peoples donations)

When I was on staff in Atlanta a group of well-educated young people came into the Org and had their stress tests and then purchased a bunch of books. The next day they requested a refund. We were told that a local psychiatrist put them up to it. Since I had a friend who had received electroshock treatments I was all ready to believe whatever anyone told me about a psych.

anondc7777

Patron
Funny. It's not all bunk though. Forcing onself to yawn is essentially a deep breathing exercise. The rubbing stimulates blood flow. Taken together, they give a short boost to the feeling of well-being. The mental exercise gives the illusion of control over a problem. Taken together, if someone is sedentary and powerless, a brief exercise like this might brighten their day.

...or is it "having enjoyingness?" I just love those made up tenses.

That said, I think I'll take a short but brisk walk whilst imagining disemboweling the annoying lady at my homeowners association. :D

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Funny. It's not all bunk though. Forcing onself to yawn is essentially a deep breathing exercise. The rubbing stimulates blood flow. Taken together, they give a short boost to the feeling of well-being. The mental exercise gives the illusion of control over a problem. Taken together, if someone is sedentary and powerless, a brief exercise like this might brighten their day.

That said, I think I'll take a short but brisk walk whilst imagining disemboweling the annoying lady at my homeowners association. :D

I'm not a church trained technical person but it seems to me the gist of all the auditing is to generate and then release stored up "charge", hopefully permanently. Auditors seem to count the success or failure of their session in terms of "Tone Arm Action", which means how much charge was bled or blown off, allowing a person that much more access to their native abilities.

Did I say that right?

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Science has established that there is an energy body surrounding the physical body. I hope they are looking into where all that is coming from.

anondc7777

Patron
In reverse order:
Science has established that there is an energy body surrounding the physical body. I hope they are looking into where all that is coming from.

Body's full of electrical charges and charged particles, which create electromagnetic fields. All explainable and measurable.

I'm not a church trained technical person but it seems to me the gist of all the auditing is to generate and then release stored up "charge", hopefully permanently. Auditors seem to count the success or failure of their session in terms of "Tone Arm Action", which means how much charge was bled or blown off, allowing a person that much more access to their native abilities.

Did I say that right?

I believe they explain it that way. Doesn't make it science though. The e-meter measures galvanic skin response.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_skin_response
http://bio-medical.com/news_display.cfm?mode=GSR&newsid=6

In short, it's an extremely crude measure of a person's emotional state. Nothing more.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

In reverse order:

Body's full of electrical charges and charged particles, which create electromagnetic fields. All explainable and measurable.

I believe they explain it that way. Doesn't make it science though. The e-meter measures galvanic skin response.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_skin_response
http://bio-medical.com/news_display.cfm?mode=GSR&newsid=6

In short, it's an extremely crude measure of a person's emotional state. Nothing more.

Right. The reason I persist outside the CofS with spiritual processes is that I notice my awareness level rising, charge does blow off in the form of yawns and line-charging (peals of laughter), I ceased certain compulsive behaviors that seemed a part of me. All of this is an aid to help me achieve my goal of ridding myself of reliance on this mind as a tool to operate in the physical universe.

Kids, don't try this at home, mileage may vary.

anondc7777

Patron
Right. The reason I persist outside the CofS with spiritual processes is that I notice my awareness level rising, charge does blow off in the form of yawns and line-charging (peals of laughter), I ceased certain compulsive behaviors that seemed a part of me. All of this is an aid to help me achieve my goal of ridding myself of reliance on this mind as a tool to operate in the physical universe.

Kids, don't try this at home, mileage may vary.

With all due respect, you aren't making an ounce of sense. Pseudo-philosophical babble combined with CoS mumbo-jumbo. If it makes you feel better, knock yourself out I guess? Better to have real counseling if you can get it.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Someone remind me to keep my mouth shut! Yes, I do agree with you on the need for real counseling. I keep forgetting that I'm "different".

anondc7777

Patron
Someone remind me to keep my mouth shut! Yes, I do agree with you on the need for real counseling. I keep forgetting that I'm "different".

You aren't different, you're normal. But you've been through some shit that fucked with your head pretty good and you could use some advice on real coping skills.

Marie

Patron
Oh stop....

You are fine Coleen... It's up to each person and each person only to do what is right for them, Anon... Also alot of people here lived with the scn jargon as a language, it is going to be part of the communication.

Counselling helped me, but if your therapist is not in it for your good, or is untrained you can end up just as f'ed up.

I am sure your a good person, but people are usually basically good (though some are real aholes - so I still have some "tech" that is still stuck as a stable datum, but I choose what works for me, now.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Oh stop....

You are fine Coleen... It's up to each person and each person only to do what is right for them, Anon... Also alot of people here lived with the scn jargon as a language, it is going to be part of the communication.

Counselling helped me, but if your therapist is not in it for your good, or is untrained you can end up just as f'ed up.

I am sure your a good person, but people are usually basically good (though some are real aholes - so I still have some "tech" that is still stuck as a stable datum, but I choose what works for me, now.

Actually I'm quite serious about becoming a "good for nothing" vs a "good for something". :) A lot of things are unsticking for me over the past two years. I view counselling as good within certain parameters. It's ultimately up to me to awaken to who I really am beyond the energy-physical construct.

Being free to choose is the law of the universe, and beyond. It is End of Game when the lies are exposed.

Some people might say, "Get a Life". I already got a life, and another life, and another life before that, and prospects of lives after too. With that as my truth, if you can momentarily get into my viewpoint without feeling like you are going to lose yours, mightn't I be a little tired of "getting a life"?

At some point, knowing what I know, I was bound to say, "Is that all there is?". Don't answer for me, and I don't answer for you. I can only answer for myself.

Marie, glad you are out and here with us.

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
By the way, thanks for the replies to my posts... I have always been bad at the acks, but my friends just understand thats how I am and forgive...

THANK YOU. OKAY. lmao

Anyway .. for some reason all of the threads I post on stop almost right when I post .. am I that good on the comm cycle that people feel acked with my posts?; are my posts THAT bad?: Am I getting the persona-non-grata treatment? I guess im just not that interesting :sad:

only kidding folks. Besides I don't want to get an ARCx session :nervous:

:roflmao: