IAS annual event East Grinstead - 16/10/2009

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
So is that stuff at the bottom right all part of Saint Hill Manor? There seem to be a lot of cars there. I often walked down the path, right at the middle of the picture, but never went right of centre on that path -- restricted to staff only?

sh.bmp

No, only the "small" square building just to the left of "Rd" of "West Hoathly Rd" is The Stables, and the shed a bit to the left of that. All the buildings below that belong to the farm next door.

Paul

RosyGlass

Patron with Honors
Any word on attendance? Any public run out screaming from being extorted for moar monee now? Were the actors/temps hired to fill seat...were they coached on when to salute and hip?

Will IAS in Flag, LA be a "mandatory attend or else" affair?

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious
No, only the "small" square building just to the left of "Rd" of "West Hoathly Rd" is The Stables, and the shed a bit to the left of that. All the buildings below that belong to the farm next door.
Thanks. By the magic of linked images I have changed the image in your post too. :happydance:

... and not only that I predicted that the name would be "The Stables" before you even added that correction.:whistling:

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks. By the magic of linked images I have changed the image in your post too. :happydance:

Amazing. :)

If we're being picky, it's called "The Stables". I suppose at one point horses were kept there, but it doesn't look like it at all. It just looks like a regular building around a courtyard. No sign of any horse-type facilities.

Paul

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Amazing. :)

If we're being picky, it's called "The Stables". I suppose at one point horses were kept there, but it doesn't look like it at all. It just looks like a regular building around a courtyard. No sign of any horse-type facilities.

Paul

Paul,

No country house was complete without somewhere to keep one’s horses. The courtyard has been roofed over (glass) and has been turned into a dining area for the whole base. The kitchens are also located there and in addition, there are a few rooms for staff to sleep in (mostly security I think).

Ax

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Paul,

No country house was complete without somewhere to keep one’s horses. The courtyard has been roofed over (glass) and has been turned into a dining area for the whole base. The kitchens are also located there and in addition, there are a few rooms for staff to sleep in (mostly security I think).

Ax

It was the eating area for the whole base the whole time I was there from Sept 1972 - Jan 1986. Do you mean they now eat in the courtyard? Kinda cold, I would think, even if it doesn't rain in any more.

The eating area used to be the large room that runs along the whole upper left wall on the map, apart from a five foot wide room right by the entrance door just under the central arch. For a few years the room directly above it was used too, although it got turned into berthing when space got tight, somewhere around, um, maybe 1976 (?).

Paul

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
It was the eating area for the whole base the whole time I was there from Sept 1972 - Jan 1986. Do you mean they now eat in the courtyard? Kinda cold, I would think, even if it doesn't rain in any more.

The eating area used to be the large room that runs along the whole upper left wall on the map, apart from a five foot wide room right by the entrance door just under the central arch.. For a few years the room directly above it was used too, although it got turned into berthing when space got tight, somewhere around, um, maybe 1976 (?).

Paul

I expect they put some floors in and some heating. :eyeroll:

And one good thing about having everyone in together, is that it is much easier for those left to see the empty places growing as their comrades leave.

Ax

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Well now, if the whole base staff walk down to The Stables at lunchtime, possibly in staggered shifts, then the only approach is to walk well in sight of the public road (West Hoathly Rd) at the top of that drive to the right of The Stables, which is quite an open space and only fifty feet away and where a bunch of protesters could stand holding signs and saying the odd thing or two on loudhailers. :)

Paul

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
Stables 'dining'

In my few years in SO at St Hill, I only ate my lunch at the Stables once. The beans (no rice) looked and tasted like sewerage, just a pig's swill of beans boiled to a sludge, no seasoning that I could taste.:puke: :puke: I never went back. Lunched mostly on coffee and cigs and occasionally something more tasty from David Gaiman's little shop.

hartley

Patron with Honors
Not wishing to drag exes away from resimulating their engrams about rice and beans, but US Weekly has a piece on the 'secret' meeting, claiming to have an informant inside:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/tomkattravoltas-1970218

Later, during a reception, Cruise was overheard chatting with another American man about the protesters outside the venue. "They're squirrels," Cruise said angrily, according to a witness. "Stuck in an electronic incident. It makes me so angry!"

It looked to be mostly fiction with celebrities behaving as readers would expect them to: Tom enthusiastic, Kate not, Travoltas subdued etc. The above however does sound as though a squirrel wrote it rather than a gossip writer.

The informant estimated 4,000 attended, the CoS apparently says 7,000.

Blue Spirit

DM Speak ?

So much damn trivia !

Did DM speak, or who else said what ?

Probably not hard to guess, but any inside viewpoints ?

Div6

Crusader
So much damn trivia !

Did DM speak, or who else said what ?

Probably not hard to guess, but any inside viewpoints ?

From http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2009/10/18/ias-25th-dm-has-made-zero-ethics-change/

“Because we never took our eyes off the ultimate prize, we stand where we are today. Twenty-five years of magnificent accomplishment, and more than that a future more glorious than we could ever have imagined. And all because we have never abandoned each other, because we have not betrayed one another, because we have kept faith with one another, because we have been true to one another, because we know we are in this together, because shoulder to shoulder, now and forever, we are the IAS.”

Moar at source.

Oh yeh, 3 new IAS statuses were announced.
They haven't rolled out the "Alanzo" status yet, though...:D

Also..... Learn to OT III: "The primary mistake a thetan makes is thinking we are all one." - LRH

Gotta admire that DM cluster making machinery....

Blue Spirit

IAS Membership Card

What do you think will happen when I show my IAS Lifetime card

on the next planet !? :omg: