What's new

IAS Benefit Concert

Hoodwinked

Patron with Honors
One more excuse for the IAS to take your money. I imagine attendees will be heavily regged to upgrade their IAS status:

IAS UNITED FOR HAITI BENEFIT CONCERT

Thursday 6:30pm PAVILION CC INT
Hello. I am sure that you’ve heard about the devastating earthquake that just happened in Haiti.

To handle this disaster the IAS is sponsoring a grant to provide the means necessary to save lives. With IAS support the Volunteer Minister Disaster Response Unit is moving at the full speed to mobilize a large team of VM’s and medical professionals to the earthquake zone in Haiti. There is much to be done to handle this situation.

On Thursday 6:30pm, January 21st at the Garden Pavilion CC Int IAS Members are uniting for the first ever IAS benefit concert with Mark Isham, The Edgar Winter band, Holly Palmer IAS Freedom Medal Winners Anne Archer, Michael D. Roberts and Greg Capazorio. Get briefed on the current scene and news directly from Haiti.

Your help is urgently needed. Tell everyone you know. Bring your friends and family.

Click reply to confirm your attendance

Mystic

Crusader
I will not click reply, I will not confirm. I will, however, fart in their general direction.

Does anyone have any idea how much of all this money raised will actually aid Haiti in any way shape or form? Or will some if not all of it end up elsewhere?

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I guess some of it will have to cover the administrative costs. A large team of dedicated C Org members, estimate $3.50. On paper minimum wage.

Hoodwinked

Patron with Honors
Does anyone have any idea how much of all this money raised will actually aid Haiti in any way shape or form? Or will some if not all of it end up elsewhere?

I wondered the exact same thing. I wonder if "CST" will take a cut, since it seems like the CO$ only exists these days to enrich the creators of the CST.

Wisened One

Crusader
This stuff is getting literally disgusting! And the Public KNOW by now that if they're invited to ANYTHING scn-related they will be begged for money. So more of them should just stop answering their phones and stop attending these things!

AnonKat

Crusader
One more excuse for the IAS to take your money. I imagine attendees will be heavily regged to upgrade their IAS status:

IAS UNITED FOR HAITI BENEFIT CONCERT

Thursday 6:30pm PAVILION CC INT
Hello. I am sure that you’ve heard about the devastating earthquake that just happened in Haiti.

To handle this disaster the IAS is sponsoring a grant to provide the means necessary to save lives. With IAS support the Volunteer Minister Disaster Response Unit is moving at the full speed to mobilize a large team of VM’s and medical professionals to the earthquake zone in Haiti. There is much to be done to handle this situation.

On Thursday 6:30pm, January 21st at the Garden Pavilion CC Int IAS Members are uniting for the first ever IAS benefit concert with Mark Isham, The Edgar Winter band, Holly Palmer IAS Freedom Medal Winners Anne Archer, Michael D. Roberts and Greg Capazorio. Get briefed on the current scene and news directly from Haiti.

Your help is urgently needed. Tell everyone you know. Bring your friends and family.

Click reply to confirm your attendance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaysTVcounI&feature=PlayList&p=B30FAF1C8F9C3786&index=54

BC1

Patron with Honors
It kills me that they can get away with being so slimy. I saw one advert of theirs saying that the money collected would go towards procuring supplies and LRH books to distribute. Do the members never ask why CO$ can't DONATE books?? Just another money making scheme.

Spirited

Patron with Honors
It kills me that they can get away with being so slimy. I saw one advert of theirs saying that the money collected would go towards procuring supplies and LRH books to distribute. Do the members never ask why CO$ can't DONATE books?? Just another money making scheme.
Gawd! If this is true then its more than ridiculous. what they need in Haiti is clothing, food, water, medical supplies, shelter, money to rebuild their hospitals, medical equipment, beds, and everything else.
they need an all hands "roll up your sleeves" clean up operation.
They dont need bloody books right now!!!!!!! a lot of them cant even read!:angry:

And what...they have to "raise" the money from the public before the IAS can release a "grant" to help???? what a joke!!!!!!!!

Well done on JT doing what he is doing. getting medicos over there is soooo needed.

Last edited:

The Clam

Patron with Honors

Hoodwinked

Patron with Honors
If the Red Cross can rip-off the public I see no reason DM see the Haitian devastation as an opportunity to enrich his own pockets. How much will it cost to send a few hundred volunteers.
The kicker will be when the volunteers will be encouraged by the COS to pay their own way. And the IAS regs work overtime to pick the pockets of their parishioners.

http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm?channelid=46&contentid=2701
http://realitysucks.yuku.com/topic/10501

I once volunteered to go to another country for a CO$ cause and I found out that they only wanted volunteers who could/would pay their own way. The fleecing never ends.

riptide

Patron with Honors
I once volunteered to go to another country for a CO$ cause and I found out that they only wanted volunteers who could/would pay their own way. The fleecing never ends.

Ha! I was asked to go sell books once, but I was first asked to buy all the books that we were supposed to sell. I just looked at her like "do I look like an idiot?"

minnie

Patron with Honors

I found that out too. So what I did was donate a sum to the disaster fund on the mutually agreed understanding that that money I donated together with the other donations from other people that they would later receive, would go towards MY flight there. Well, after I got my immunisation shots on my own bat (not recommended to me by the way, but done on my own initiative) I told this person that I was ready to go, and it was literally as though the previous conversation had been erased from their memory. Thus I was fully immunised for some prevalent foreign diseases costing me over 100 bucks for the vaccines and all in vain.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
re

This is exactly what happened to those that went to Banda Aceh, I know of at least 2 people who had to pay their own way, Nick Broadhurst considered it was a privilege for them to go and they should pay for that.

C**t.

James

Gus

Patron with Honors
Well, I happened by the neighborhood, and if there was a concert, it was a pretty damned quiet one.

Gus