What's new

IAS Freedom Medal Winner Wendy Honnor offering NON-Scientology Personal Coaching

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Quote Originally Posted by I told you I was trouble

It won't be new shtick ... she mentions the "1.1" (sly but smiles and stabs you in the back) and the "angry" person so it's probably based on the "tone scale" with some of her own and apparently a couple of psychologists stuff slung in there too for good measure.

Where does she mention 1.1? I was not able to find it on her Facebook page. Do you have a quotation and/or link?

From the OP ... she didn't actually use the term "1.1" but it seems pretty clear that is what she is referring to (tone scale tehhhk).

:)

Wendy Honnor Consulting

NEW Spring Release from Wendy Honnor

"Life Essentials Series - Short Coaching Courses on Skype"

Helping you have the life you want, much faster than you think.

"How To Be Free of a Toxic Person" – 5 Skype Sessions

This exciting Coaching Course is a lot of fun and essential for everyone and will teach you all about the two types of people who can trigger a lack of confidence, helplessness or powerlessness in you and ruin your life. They are the angry person who puts you down very loudly, and the more sly one who smiles but stabs you in the back. This second type of person can seem so nice a lot of the time, but can then be very critical and sarcastic about your achievements, roll their eyes when you are speaking or are doing something you are proud of. You will learn how to spot them fast, how to tell if they are chronically toxic or just having a bad day; how to develop your own immunity to their toxic behaviours and actions so that they cannot harm you at all, and also learn about how to tell whether they can change or not. Once you have this training and understand your own reactions to their presence in your life, and use what you have learned, it will be as though you have a force field around you that no toxic bully can penetrate. Your confidence will steadily improve and you will no longer feel like a deer in the headlights when they suddenly strike you. You will be able to tell Wendy about your own situation and ask her any questions you like. This course usually has many big light bulb moments. Wendy will recommend two wonderful books by 2 renowned psychologists that you can download from Amazon as e-books or buy in paperback. They will become your reference books for life. The ups and downs of life will even out when you understand what truly causes them.

"How to Be Free of a Toxic Person", Part Two - 5 Skype Sessions

This optional module is available to clients who have completed Part One and wish to learn more about this fascinating subject or who would like coaching on their own specific situation in their personal or professional life.

Special Spring Introductory Discount Price of $500 including GST for this 5-Session Course. Normally up to $1,000. All enquiries welcome. Phone our office: 03 63981145 or email Wendy: [email protected]

You have one Skype session per week x 5 weeks. Ask for a Tax Invoice if this coaching is related to your business or profession.

Major Credit Cards accepted, including American Express

Get yourself our of the woods and into the sunshine with some education about the people who are influencing your life.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
well... methinks that Wendy still feels that, while Scientology is a crock - she actually *knows* something.

She has not yet (from the looks of the BS she wrote) actually realized she needs to really study and really learn. She still appears to be inthe delusional scientology state of thinking she knows more than the rest of humanity. She might also want to consult with real therapists because when you start counseling people with "toxic people" you are going to quite possibly end up in the realm of restraining orders, domestic violence, threats etc. Start messing that up and people get hurt.

Christ! it is like watching children playing with a loaded gun.

Exactly ... she'll need to watch her own back for a sly smile a quick flash of steel!

Non culty people do not like being messed with, especially when already under relationship stress and sending them to "ethics" just isn't going to work.

:no:

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
This may give us some idea about Wendy's personal coaching. She just tweeted this today.

https://twitter.com/wendyhonnor/status/512020912506281984

attachment.php

Wow, she has no idea what karma is about, at all. It sounds like she learned its meaning from a bumper sticker and twisted it into scio think. Karma become the "you pulled it in" bullshit. Only a total twit would post such drivel.

This makes me hope she isn't counseling (ahem, coaching) anyone. Is this what she's going to tell an abused spouse? You pulled it in with your karma? The only difference between 5 years ago and now is she'll say it's karma instead overts and withholds.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader

It's a PR world. ( it's a hypnosis world? Actually it probably all derives from Aristole Rhethoric, but I don't know)

somebody just recently gave up on that route being promoted by Wendy.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2014/09/13/deconstructing-scientology-2/

" My failures over the past three years in attempting to help former members graduate from the subject informed a whole new line of research into some of the darker arts that L. Ron Hubbard mastered to make people so apparently incapable/unwilling to learn. "

"Hypnosis"

That word Hypnosis can mean many things to different people, and thus cause confusions.

It is not dissimilar to the word "clear", maybe both words, clear & hypnosis mean the same, as well as "OT", meaning hypnotized into hubbards world of deception? Over a long period of time.

I'm just asking the question.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I don't have much time tonight but I want to respond as best I can to those who replied to my comment about giving her a break...

Wendy has been doing her own thing for a long time. If I were a scientologist, I would call her a longtime squirrel. To my knowledge, she is not highly trained in scientology.. she's mixed practices.. she's kind of take whet she learned from different things and used them as she went along FOR MANY YEARS. she was a big FSM and VM.. that is her claim to fame in Scientology... Not as an auditor or staff member or PC. She been running her own consulting and coaching practice for many years and has been running an 'auditors guild' for a long time.. Not even sure it's still functioning since her leaving Scn. You can read about in this post... most of the people in it are Book 1 and assist auditors...

Email from Wendy Honnor -- To Auditors around the world
April 09
From Wendy Honnor:
Quote:
Hello Auditors around the world!!
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?10749-Email-from-Wendy-Honnor-To-Auditors-around-the-world

Not hardcore... more in line with the renegade old timers of Dianetics, if you ask me. They all just wanted to help people... using basic stuff. Didn't we all do that at some time in our early days of joining... do book sessions or asissts out of the books and got at least some satisfaction at the time?

Anyway, my point is that if you look at her pages and articles about her, links below, she's not all scientology. She's less about it and no longer claiming to be a Scn minister and that's a good thing. And the claims about her curing cancer? That is not what she states on her website. She essentially assists people in coping with it emotionally so they can be emotionally healthier to better their physical health. Yes,some people think a license is necessary for stuff like that but frankly, there are many many life coaches out there, it's a big business, and it includes helping people heal emotionally. I may not like it but it must be helping people because people are paying for it and not complaining about it on the internet that I can see.

I have no idea and I really don't care what it is she does as she has been doing this successfully for many years and there are NO complaints whatsoever to be found on the internet or news ( and I would have found them if they existed) And she is out of the organized cult. Doing her thing.. as she sees it. Ok, so it's got some 'tech' in it but Hubbard robbed much of it from others, including that tone scale ( according to posts I have seen with Matheson's trademark on an early one ) I am not against pointing out these things but just ragging on a person as a whole and not seeing the differences is kind of ignorant. Read her website, email her if you like, ask questions if you want to know. I saw some interesting stuff on her page.. I also saw no credentials on her LinkedIn or website.. so maybe someone should ask where she learned all this stuff. But do look and see what she's done and is doing. That she is out definitely hurts the church. She was a big opinion leader.

Let us audit
The Australian November 18, 2010 4:51PM
Wendy Honnor

Scientology minister Wendy Honnor also describes herself as an Anglican Christian. Picture: Adam Knott Source: The Australian

HERE'S the thing. depending on your outlook, Kate and Emmanuel Foundas are either two of the nuttiest and potentially most sinister people you will ever meet, or a charming, successful, savvy couple with a social conscience.

In Australia today very few, however, would allow them to be both once they learnt their religion. Yes, you guessed it, they are Scientologists.....[..]

[..] This has all fuelled the notion that the Church is nothing more than a wacko cult and a dangerous one at that; Tom Cruise has long ceased to be a public relations positive, and as for John Travolta, well, let’s just say it’s lucky he can dance (and fly Qantas planes).

But there’s no hint of any of this when I meet Wendy Honnor, an ordained Minister with the Church of Scientology and, frankly, maybe the best thing they have going for them in Australia at the moment. And maybe that’s why she has been chosen to do something the Australian Church has never agreed to before: allow a journalist to experience first-hand their controversial spiritual counselling. I am to be “audited” by Minister Honnor and she decides, after meeting me, I could also do with a little of their “suppression therapy” to help deal with some lingering health problems. In fact, that’s the area we decide to concentrate on in my sessions – my bung neck. I injured it 18 months ago while reporting on the Victorian bushfires and although I have since had successful surgery, it still gives me some grief. Anyway, it seems like the safest area of my life to expose to the Scientologists and the Australian public, because auditing is a deeply personal experience and I’m not about to lie down and offer up my childhood or my marriage. Yes, my neck will do just fine. ..[..]

OK, here is some info and links

http://www.wendyhonnor.com/

http://au.linkedin.com/in/wendyhonnor

https://www.facebook.com/wendy.honnor

Wendy Honnor Reviews
Mikel Shang - Angel Psychic/Medium
about 3 months ago
Mikel is the best psychic in the universe. There is nobody better. Bless you Mikel. Your angelic work is very much appreciated. And your friendship. Love Wendy xxxxxx
https://www.facebook.com/wendy.honnor/reviews

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/w/wendy-honnor.html
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/h/harry-&-wendy-honnor.html
http://freezone-tech.info/blog/2012/06/25/wendy-honnor-ias-freedom-medal-winner-is-independent/

Pre exit of scientology media stories

Let us audit
The Australian November 18, 2010 4:51PM
Wendy Honnor

Scientology minister Wendy Honnor also describes herself as an Anglican Christian. Picture: Adam Knott Source: The Australian

HERE'S the thing. depending on your outlook, Kate and Emmanuel Foundas are either two of the nuttiest and potentially most sinister people you will ever meet, or a charming, successful, savvy couple with a social conscience.

In Australia today very few, however, would allow them to be both once they learnt their religion. Yes, you guessed it, they are Scientologists.....[..]

[..] This has all fuelled the notion that the Church is nothing more than a wacko cult and a dangerous one at that; Tom Cruise has long ceased to be a public relations positive, and as for John Travolta, well, let’s just say it’s lucky he can dance (and fly Qantas planes).

But there’s no hint of any of this when I meet Wendy Honnor, an ordained Minister with the Church of Scientology and, frankly, maybe the best thing they have going for them in Australia at the moment. And maybe that’s why she has been chosen to do something the Australian Church has never agreed to before: allow a journalist to experience first-hand their controversial spiritual counselling. I am to be “audited” by Minister Honnor and she decides, after meeting me, I could also do with a little of their “suppression therapy” to help deal with some lingering health problems. In fact, that’s the area we decide to concentrate on in my sessions – my bung neck. I injured it 18 months ago while reporting on the Victorian bushfires and although I have since had successful surgery, it still gives me some grief. Anyway, it seems like the safest area of my life to expose to the Scientologists and the Australian public, because auditing is a deeply personal experience and I’m not about to lie down and offer up my childhood or my marriage. Yes, my neck will do just fine. ..[..]
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...955788550?nk=e65a2cf518219e20a6bcc650edd45056

'We are more than just this body and this life'
Author: Jacqueline Maley
Date: 23/01/2010
Source: SMH
Publication: Sydney Morning Herald
Section: News and Features Page: 3

YOU can talk to Scientologists for a long time without hearing them mention God. [..]

[..]All Scientology paraphernalia must be paid for. Adherents must enrol in courses costing a few hundred to thousands of dollars. Melvin, in the church for nine years, declined to say how much he had spent "because that can be misconstrued".

Another parishioner put forward by the church for this article, Wendy Honnor, estimates she has spent about $10,000 on "training" since joining in 1989.

As a patron of the International Association of Scientologists, she says she has donated $US50,000 to the church over the years.

Asked to describe her religion, Honnor, who works full-time for the church as an auditor, says "it is a body of knowledge".

"Ron Hubbard was a philosopher ... who researched all the great religions and great philosophies," she says.
http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/app...ls=17352&clsPage=1&docID=SMH100123DD4IU10EGRG

Sorry so long but sometimes I get tired of not seeing enough of what someone is doing right in some comments on the forum. I want lurkers to see that we recognize progress... or at least are not hostile to others because they are still thinking with some scientology. It's taken me a long time to get rid of all the scientology in me and I'm still working on it.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Anyway, my point is that if you look at her pages and articles about her, links below, she's not all scientology. She's less about it and no longer claiming to be a Scn minister and that's a good thing. And the claims about her curing cancer? That is not what she states on her website. She essentially assists people in coping with it emotionally so they can be emotionally healthier to better their physical health. Yes,some people think a license is necessary for stuff like that but frankly, there are many many life coaches out there, it's a big business, and it includes helping people heal emotionally. I may not like it but it must be helping people because people are paying for it and not complaining about it on the internet that I can see.

Anonymary, I have to respectfully disagree. Because of this. And this. And this (see Facebook Screenshot).

She may have backed away from her stronger claims in public. She may have moved the goalposts and now requests that her clients find a doctor.

I do not know what she actually says in private, but I am very, very curious to hear from a current client, given statements like these:

If you know somebody who has cancer, even if they are dying and have days to live, you can save their life and have them well again. The true underlying cause of cancer is spiritual. Ask me how. I can easily show you what you need to do to save them. The answer is not heavy drugs - it is found in the area of the sexual relationship and family. An upset in this area can create the condition of cancer - for example an undisclosed abortion or a miscarriage that was not talked about sufficiently to enable them to heal - or an affair that was kept secret or a child given up for adoption and never acknowledged, or simply a relationship that is not sufficiently loving and the person feels upset about that, or a child who is estranged from the person with cancer and this cut communication line is troubling them. And if the person who is sick confronts this area and is able to safely talk about things they have done they are not happy about, or upsets they have had, and put these things right, then they can begin to get well. I have saved dozens and dozens of lives from cancer alone in this way. We are spirits. We are not bodies and the spirit alone can heal the body. Email me if you know somebody who needs help and I can explain to you exactly how you can help them. Love Wendy

Those are her words, verbatim.

Fuck her. :angry:

Counseling is not life coaching. In moving over from the motivational sphere to directly targeting the seriously ill and terminally ill, she has crossed the line from one discipline to the other. And, IMO, it is one of the most unethical things you can do in the medical field.

However, it is legal because of the long tradition of preachers and priests conducting counseling. In the US, laws vary widely by state and have loopholes you can drive a Mack truck through. Even if Honnor is merely providing counseling, can she spot suicidal signs in a patient who otherwise might survive chemo? I highly doubt it, she's still deep in the Scientology mindfuck, and thus her "counseling" carries the danger of most other quackery that has no immediate toxicity - when it is used in place of an effective treatment, it harms the patient by denying them proper standard of care. But I'm giving a huge benefit of the doubt in that last statement - "even if there is no direct toxicity" - because telling a cancer patient that past sexual behavior is the root cause of their disease IS direct toxicity in my book.

She's a fucking Hubbardite vampire.

I want to see ALL counselors licensed. And this is why.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Anonymary, I have to respectfully disagree. Because of this. And this. And this (see Facebook Screenshot).

She may have backed away from her stronger claims in public. She may have moved the goalposts and now requests that her clients find a doctor.

I do not know what she actually says in private, but I am very, very curious to hear from a current client, given statements like these:

Those are her words, verbatim.

Fuck her. :angry:

Counseling is not life coaching. In moving over from the motivational sphere to directly targeting the seriously ill and terminally ill, she has crossed the line from one discipline to the other. And, IMO, it is one of the most unethical things you can do in the medical field.

However, it is legal because of the long tradition of preachers and priests conducting counseling. In the US, laws vary widely by state and have loopholes you can drive a Mack truck through. Even if Honnor is merely providing counseling, can she spot suicidal signs in a patient who otherwise might survive chemo? I highly doubt it, she's still deep in the Scientology mindfuck, and thus her "counseling" carries the danger of most other quackery that has no immediate toxicity - when it is used in place of an effective treatment, it harms the patient by denying them proper standard of care. But I'm giving a huge benefit of the doubt in that last statement - "even if there is no direct toxicity" - because telling a cancer patient that past sexual behavior is the root cause of their disease IS direct toxicity in my book.

She's a fucking Hubbardite vampire.

I want to see ALL counselors licensed. And this is why.

I understand. However, those links to her comment are 3 years old and when she was a card carrying active scientologist, She's been out just over 2 years now...

She posted a reply here in response to TAJ's welcome thread.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?27507-The-unofficial-ESMB-welcome-to-Wendy-Honor

Lots of exes start to change once they leave. Marty is a very good example.. but there are hundreds of examples of people changing how they think and act. All I'm saying is that you don't know for a fact that she is not now doing what she is now saying she is doing. And as far as life coaching, it' an industry and people are paying big bucks to be helped and I don't see ripoff reports or complaints about that industry...I see there is education, training, continuing education and professional associations... If you have doubts about her claims, you should take them up with her personally and not presume something written 3 years ago when she was a scientologist has any validity today. Her website has a link to her email address, she can also be reached at Facebook. She has an account here but notifications to members that they have awaiting them any PMs has ceased so she'll never know if you PM her unless she checks. She visited 2x. Posted in response to TAJ's post and then returned 2 wek later and since no one else posted at that time, she didn't comment again. Only a month later did Emma and other see her post... if you read the thread you will see why it may have been missed by members.

Anyway, my point here is that it's important to differentiate people then and now, and Wendy ( like anyone else ) should be afforded that from posters. Communicate with her about your concerns, your need to know where she stands, your need to know what it is she is doing with cancer patients NOW as opposed to then. Ask her yourself. Me, I only know that people change, that she's out of the church andit's hurting them that she is and that she's got no complaints against her from 'clients', former or current, on the internet. That says much to me.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
I understand. However, those links to her comment are 3 years old and when she was a card carrying active scientologist, She's been out just over 2 years now...

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?27507-The-unofficial-ESMB-welcome-to-Wendy-Honor

Lots of exes start to change once they leave. Marty is a very good example.. but there are hundreds of examples of people changing how they think and act. All I'm saying is that you don't know for a fact that she is not now doing what she is now saying she is doing. And as far as life coaching, it' an industry and people are paying big bucks to be helped and I don't see ripoff reports or complaints about that industry...I see there is education, training, continuing education and professional associations... If you have doubts about her claims, you should take them up with her personally and not presume something written 3 years ago when she was a scientologist has any validity today. Her website has a link to her email address, she can also be reached at Facebook. She has an account here but notifications to members that they have awaiting them any PMs has ceased so she'll never know if you PM her unless she checks. She visited 2x. Posted in response to TAJ's post and then returned 2 wek later and since no one else posted at that time, she didn't comment again. Only a month later did Emma and other see her post... if you read the thread you will see why it may have been missed by members.

Anyway, my point here is that it's important to differentiate people then and now, and Wendy ( like anyone else ) should be afforded that from posters. Communicate with her about your concerns, your need to know where she stands, your need to know what it is she is doing with cancer patients NOW as opposed to then. Ask her yourself. Me, I only know that people change, that she's out of the church andit's hurting them that she is and that she's got no complaints against her from 'clients', former or current, on the internet. That says much to me.

First, I don't think she has changed her thinking as much as one would hope. Look at her twitter post on page two from only three days ago, demonstrating her bizarre misunderstanding of karma, saying anything bad that happens to you is because of something bad you did in the past. Is not that straight out of the Scio "pulled it in" playbook?

Someone leaving the cult needs time to decompress, it takes longer for some than others. But two years is certainly an extremely short time to consider a 20 year Scientologist (and Freedom medal winner) as totally through her decompression period and free of the cult thinking entirely. I wonder if she's had any sort of counseling or help in her own journey since leaving the cult? (In my opinion probably not, since she seems to think she should be the one advising others, not accepting the advice of others.)

(We think of Marty since he appeared online, but remember many thought he was "dead" as he lived quietly down in Texas for several years. He took 8 plus years to get to the point he has currently reached, and the real breakthroughs have only come in the last 15 months it would seem.)

Second, Ok fine, let's say she's changing or evolving, great. I'm honestly sure she is progressing away from the cult mindset, her complete break from Scientology proves that to a degree. But what I think is concerning is offering professional coaching/counseling services at $500 -$1,000 with NO PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, Certification or EDUCATION WHATSOEVER. (The only background being 20 years in the cult victimizing (and come on she was an FSM) Is there really any big difference between her and a current scientologist in that respect? A untrained person, who has taken their own unsubstantiated ideas and decided they are equipped to counsel and advise people dealing with emotional and psychological issues - and charge them substantial money for it. She charging more than many trained psychologists!

That is the problem, she is not educated or equipped to be offering such services. In brief, she's a quack, as anybody without real education or certification offering such services that society long ago decided a set of standards and minimal level of education were required in order to do so. I could go online tmrw. and offer my services as an accountant - even though I'm not a CPA and I'm really bad at math. If I did so people would be rightly upset, mistrustful, maybe report to the accounting boards. I view what Wendy's doing in the same regard, a non-professional, untrained person offering professional services.

If you want to defend a quack, or think just because she had the sense to leave the CoS that now she's somehow magically equipped to counsel people, that's your prerogative. Her history alone shows there is more than good reason to mistrust her. Just because she chucked the cult doesn't instantly remove 20 years of manipulation of needy or sick people desperate for answers or cures.

I think Wendy should be working on Wendy and why she was believed so strongly in a fraudulent con for two decades, before she goes around charging others for her "brilliant advice." Why would anyone be seeking life advice from someone who spent twenty years peddling, as she now admits, total bullshit brainwashing. What makes her so sure what she's offering today is an improvement? Her track record would indicate she doesn't have the best judgement in such matters.

Wendy should look to another line of work, I'm sure she would do brilliantly in sales. What she's done all along, up to today, is sell and promote herself. She should just stick to retail goods instead of people's psychological well being. If she wants to get a real education and training in such matters in the interim, great.

Counseling is a profession that requires real training, understanding of the human psyche, and very high ethics - no traits I identify with Wendy. Trust needs to earned not magically granted simply because she left a cult.

P.S - I think if she really has a desire to help people, and not just rake in the bucks sitting at home on Skype, then maybe she should pursue an education in psychological/counseling in order to help current and former cult victims. She would certainly have a very good understanding of the mindset and that would give her a real leg up on the typical counselor trying to help victims of cults and extreme groups. But not because she wakes up tomorrow and decides that another line of work to pursue.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader

very true, Mary.

folks like to drop time frames, sequences of events. Or they just don't think with them thar time frames.

http://www.wendyhonnor.com/

I would like to see the docs:

"Health Research
Wendy spent 12 years professionally developing award winning post-graduate medical education programs for doctors. As the principal investigator she studied the effects of a Doctor’s communication upon the health of his patient. Her study involving 2,000 doctors and 60,000 patients proved her hypothesis that good communication from a Doctor can have a positive effect on the health of his patients and bad communication can hinder progress. She has personally saved hundreds of lives from suicide in her international Apollo Project with studies in 5 cities."

I think I know what this is without seeing the docs:

"Ground Zero
A turning point in Wendy's life came whilst working as a Volunteer Grief Counsellor with the firemen at "Ground Zero". There at the World Trade Centre in New York during the rescue, immediately after the September 11 attack in 2001, Wendy realised while helping the firemen, just how precious happiness is and that each and every one of us deserves to live the life we truly want – not locked into situations or relationships that do not make us happy.

What color are the docs? Red on white?
"Cancer Prevention
In recent years Wendy has been researching the emotional and spiritual causes of cancer and how upsets in life can prevent us from responding to our medical treatment, no matter how good it may be.
Wendy now has a special coaching program for those who are suffering from cancer. This has been so successful worldwide that she has now written a book about how to prevent cancer in your family. This is coming out soon."

"In Summary
Wendy says, "What I have learned from all of my experience is that men, women and children the world over are the ones actually creating their lives to be the way they are. It is futile to blame our current situation on anybody but ourselves, but then how do we repair the effects of the bad decisions we have made or the relationships we have not been happy in. Well the human spirit is unique in each person, and with somebody we can trust to guide and coach us, who can deeply understand us and our unique personal goals and purposes, we can find out what needs to be done, and just do it. There is no greater feeling than to know somebody understands you and you are not alone.""

DB says....why does there have to be someone to blame? ....etc.

gbuck

oxymoron
If there's big bucks, ( not one of my relatives ) in personal coaching and therapy and I pursue that road for its riches, how will it affect my Karma?

Ask Wendy?

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

And what worthwhile could she have learned in 3 years that she could offer a cancer patient?

Let's assume she's moved on from the point of view that sexual misconduct causes cancer. That's big "if", by the way, and is the reason I'd love to hear from a current client. But let's start from that premise, anyway.

She's had three years to figure out that she doesn't know what the fuck she's doing and belongs nowhere near a cancer patient. She didn't. She's still charging a shitload of money for life coaching of a seriously ill person from a person who, even if you give them the benefit of the decompression doubt, still believed in touch assists until less than 5 years ago.

The vast majority of her life's experience - i.e. getting sucked into that cult - does not qualify her to counsel my dog, let alone another human being with a serious medical condition. Until she removes the cancer counseling from her offerings, she will continue to get my opprobrium.

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
...snip...

Second, Ok fine, let's say she's changing or evolving, great. I'm honestly sure she is progressing away from the cult mindset, her complete break from Scientology proves that to a degree. But what I think is concerning is offering professional coaching/counseling services at $500 -$1,000 with NO PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, Certification or EDUCATION WHATSOEVER. (The only background being 20 years in the cult victimizing (and come on she was an FSM) Is there really any big difference between her and a current scientologist in that respect? A untrained person, who has taken their own unsubstantiated ideas and decided they are equipped to counsel and advise people dealing with emotional and psychological issues - and charge them substantial money for it. She charging more than many trained psychologists!

That is the problem, she is not educated or equipped to be offering such services. In brief, she's a quack, as anybody without real education or certification offering such services that society long ago decided a set of standards and minimal level of education were required in order to do so. I could go online tmrw. and offer my services as an accountant - even though I'm not a CPA and I'm really bad at math. If I did so people would be rightly upset, mistrustful, maybe report to the accounting boards. I view what Wendy's doing in the same regard, a non-professional, untrained person offering professional services.

If you want to defend a quack, or think just because she had the sense to leave the CoS that now she's somehow magically equipped to counsel people, that's your prerogative. Her history alone shows there is more than good reason to mistrust her. Just because she chucked the cult doesn't instantly remove 20 years of manipulation of needy or sick people desperate for answers or cures.

I think Wendy should be working on Wendy and why she was believed so strongly in a fraudulent con for two decades, before she goes around charging others for her "brilliant advice." Why would anyone be seeking life advice from someone who spent twenty years peddling, as she now admits, total bullshit brainwashing. What makes her so sure what she's offering today is an improvement? Her track record would indicate she doesn't have the best judgement in such matters.

Wendy should look to another line of work, I'm sure she would do brilliantly in sales. What she's done all along, up to today, is sell and promote herself. She should just stick to retail goods instead of people's psychological well being. If she wants to get a real education and training in such matters in the interim, great.

Counseling is a profession that requires real training, understanding of the human psyche, and very high ethics - no traits I identify with Wendy. Trust needs to earned not magically granted simply because she left a cult.

P.S - I think if she really has a desire to help people, and not just rake in the bucks sitting at home on Skype, then maybe she should pursue an education in psychological/counseling in order to help current and former cult victims. She would certainly have a very good understanding of the mindset and that would give her a real leg up on the typical counselor trying to help victims of cults and extreme groups. But not because she wakes up tomorrow and decides that another line of work to pursue.

Bunny has it right, Mary.

Wendy has a very predictable blind spot - she does not understand, at all, what she does not know. She needs someone to sit her down, she actually need to get educated on what the rest of the world actually knows and expects.

She is, right now, a kid with a loaded weapon. She thinks she is a "counselor" - she is not. By telling people that she delivers "counseling" when she is not registered or trained she would be breaking the law in a lot of states and countries (not deliberately of course). She will also be deceiving her clients - who, unless they are ex scientologist, will not understand that they are being counseled by someone whose ONLY training is in 20 years of utter bs.

This is a great example of the Scientology PR and BS. They say"counseling" which to people in the real world means client centered treatment based on best practices and under licensing. Its like going to a homeopath to get "vaccinated" against malaria before going up the Congo.

From her website she is disguising the fact that her training and experience is solely Scientology based - not a great indicator. Of course were she to start advertizing " I spent 20 years peddling utter BS to make money and I am bringing that expertise to bear in counseling you" I guess she would not get far.

Here is an idea for Wendy - just because you can persuade someone to part with $500 for pure BS doesn't actually mean you should do it. The idea that this is somehow what she should be doing is worrying indeed because it shows she has not left Scientology.

I hate seeing fakes and charlatans.