What's new

IAS Freedom Medal winner Wendy Honnor says Scientology is "brainwashing"

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
This was buried as a comment in another thread. I think it deserves its own thread and thread title, if only for the purpose of Google.

International Association of Scientologists Freedom Medal winner Wendy Honnor says Scientology is "brainwashing"

Wendy Honor is an IAS Freedom Medal winner. See http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/06/25/wendy-honnor-ias-freedom-medal-winner-is-independent/

Her comment on Marty's current post:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/10/03/the-truth-rundown/#comment-278992
Scientology – the entire thing, from “Day One” up to and including the “Day You Realise The Entire Thing is a Crock”, is brainwashing. Every single lecture, every single book, every single policy etc, is designed to bring you not to understanding. But to one person’s viewpoint. And if you fail to adhere to that viewpoint you are relentlessly hunted down and stopped.

All of it, excluding nothing, is available through the study and application of the discoveries of other philosophers (ancient and modern) and quantum physicists. Even the so-called “upper levels” are written in other works preceding Hubbard’s so called discoveries. And these works are more easily, readily and cheaply applied and without the cultish carry on involved with Scientology. It is a bit like making Cheerios into a national icon and a top secret recipe and ensuring that before you can eat Cheerios you must undergo extensive checks as to your trustworthiness and suitability.The worst thing is that you truly believed that Cheerios were of any importance. Yawn!!! Are these people on drugs? Don’t they see they have been had.

But the average Scientologist has never studied another philosophy much less – applied it to see if it worked, and the average Scientologist has most definitely never really helped anyone. I know that for sure because I have met thousands and thousands of Scientologists and auditors all over the world. And I know this is the big elephant in the living room to those who are a tiny bit awake – if the definition of a Scientologist is one who uses Scientology to improve conditions in his own life and the lives of others – then how come nobody in the group seems to be able to do that? If the purpose of Scientology is to make Auditors and Clears – where are they all? And if the works of L Ron Hubbard are to be kept standard, how come they can bring out GATI and GATII? What is that all about? And if Hubbard says don’t make buildings important (that quote is burned on our memory), and the entire focus of the international membership is buying buildings, then what is going on? Are you all on drugs?

The trained auditor in Scientology has rarely if ever audited anyone. I know that, you know that, they know that? So what is going on there?

It is only a handful who are capable or motivated to help their friends and family. And they are fully aware of what is going on, but PTS just like the rest of their friends and family inside the organisation, and unable to make a move for the sake of threats and fear alone.

The part that Scientology plays in the liberty of mankind is equal to the part played by Coca Cola or the World Bank. Any benefit or quick fix or win it gives is countered by its destructive and controlling nature.

The great and useful thing that I learned from my 20 years as a member of the Church of Scientology, and something I maybe would not have realised had I not come across the subject, is that it is best to avoid all cults, doctrines and systems of beliefs if you wish to be free from domination and nullification of you as a human being.

Everything in the subject is to be found outside the subject – and in most cases, better explanations, deeper understanding and definitely better results. You have all been had.

So, in a word. YES it is brainwashing Marty.

Last edited:

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
She is FOS. I've been auditing since 1978 and currently audit 4 people most days with wins. Scientology works very well when correctly applied. The current CofS just doesn't use Scientology. It uses some crazy control tech designed to extricate as much $ as possible from it's victims.

Gadfly

Crusader
She is FOS. I've been auditing since 1978 and currently audit 4 people most days with wins. Scientology works very well when correctly applied. The current CofS just doesn't use Scientology. It uses some crazy control tech designed to extricate as much $ as possible from it's victims.

And Hubbard created and designed ALL of the very effective "control tech". :yes:

Read the PR Series. It is all about manipulating the opinions and beliefs of others using ARC - and where "truth" is a meaningless commodity. How about Hard Sell, which was written, encoded into all reg and recruiter harts, and enforced by Hubbard?

Hubbard's organizational model, as defined in policies, Flag orders, Base orders. lectures, books and so forth is a BLUEPRINT for MIND CONTROL. The Church of Scientology simply applies exactly what Hubbard wrote, instructed and ordered.

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
Sadly, yes. He rarely employed it. For DM it is all he employs.

Edit..

I replied before your edit adding the last paragraphs.
Hubbard went down the tone scale in later years. I felt that his intentions were good in earlier times and that he created a very useful basis for developing a technology of the mind and spirit. He bit off more than he coud chew given the current level of government criminality in the US and many other countries.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Congratulations to Wendy Honnor.

It takes integrity and social courage to write what she wrote on marty's blog.

I saw that there, too, and I thought, "good for her!"

There is a lot of change and re-arrangment in your life that is required after you have come to a conclusion like that, and I wish her the very best of luck. I certainly support her.

Alanzo

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Sadly, yes. He rarely employed it. For DM it is all he employs.

Edit..

I replied before your edit adding the last paragraphs.
Hubbard went down the tone scale in later years. I felt that his intentions were good in earlier times and that he created a very useful basis for developing a technology of the mind and spirit. He bit off more than he coud chew given the current level of government criminality in the US and many other countries.

Ralph -

You are never going to figure out what happened to Hubbard as long as you use Scientology to understand it.

Going "down the tone scale" is not what happened to Hubbard in later years.

Alanzo

Gib

Crusader
Ralph -

You are never going to figure out what happened to Hubbard as long as you use Scientology to understand it.

Alanzo

I guess that means going to basic-basic,

was it's millions, billions, trillions of years ago? :questions:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Nor what happened in his earlier years. History of Man comes to mind.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I want to mention that

Wendy Honnor
is one of the most surprising person to me!

Deep involved she had been
really into the ''elite'' club
AS soon as she withdraw from the COS
she took the fastract to re-evaluate the ''religion'' and the LRH ''tech''
She had the courage to see the whole scam of a long dedicated life

I bet we will see her back
one day on the stage
exposing human rights violation
:wink2:

Anyway
Congrats to her!

Another courageous lady here - also she speaks her mind straight - on Marty's blog :thumbsup:

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
And Hubbard created and designed ALL of the very effective "control tech". :yes:

Read the PR Series. It is all about manipulating the opinions and beliefs of others using ARC - and where "truth" is a meaningless commodity. How about Hard Sell, which was written, encoded into all reg and recruiter harts, and enforced by Hubbard?

Hubbard's organizational model, as defined in policies, Flag orders, Base orders. lectures, books and so forth is a BLUEPRINT for MIND CONTROL. The Church of Scientology simply applies exactly what Hubbard wrote, instructed and ordered.

Exactly. Spot on. :yes::clap::clap::clap::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Opter

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Ralph -

Alanzo
Nope.. He went down the Dwindeling Spiral! :yes:

Xenu's Boyfriend

Not many people know this, but the IAS Freedom Medal is actual made of gold foil and chocolate, like chocolate Easter Bunnies, or candy gold coins. Wendy posted somewhere on Marty's site that as much as it was a honor for her, in the end it was just too tempting, and she actually ate hers on the car ride home after the event.

SpecialFrog

The statements "Scientology works very well when correctly applied" and "Scientology is brainwashing" are not mutually exclusive.

Gadfly

Crusader
The statements "Scientology works very well when correctly applied" and "Scientology is brainwashing" are not mutually exclusive.

:thumbsup:

Yes, it IS a very effective mind control methodology when correctly applied!

That part of the "tech" works especially well.

As a path to spiritual freedom or increased awareness? Not so well.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
tumblr_ld50v7q6tn1qabw68o1_400.gif

___________​

"The art and science of asserting and maintaining dominion over the thoughts and loyalties of individuals, officers, bureaus, and masses... through mental healing."

From the cover of the Brainwashing Manual, a.k.a. The Textbook of Psycho-Politics.

___________​

Background, mainly for newbie lurkers:

By 1965, the date of the issuing of the Australian Anderson Report, Hubbard had only implemented roughly half the ideas and methods of that manual on Scientologists. Over the next ten years, he gradually incorporated most of the rest of it into Scientology's applied doctrine.

Someone, name unknown, submitted to Anderson the first known list of Scientology correspondences with the Manual:

"One remarkable exhibit tendered to the Board was a series of extracts form the Brain-washing manual..."

Anderson_Report_p084-brainwashing.jpg

This was almost 50 years ago. Amazing.

It would be over 30 years before the book 'Messiah or Madman?' would feature a chapter titled 'The Brainwashing Manual'. This focused mainly on "Ethics," the Sea Org, and the RPF: http://www.xenu-directory.net/writings/brainwashing-corydon.html

And it would be almost 15 years until the e-book 'Brainwashing Manual Parallels' appeared, expanding the examination to include many more aspects of Scientology: http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/ambry1.html

It became obvious that Hubbard knew exactly what he was doing.

The one area, overlooked by the Anderson Report, was what has been called "Layer one of the Onion": The deceptive - twinkling "truth"-ornamented - outer displayed lead-in layer. (And, remarkably, carefully examined, the Brainwashing Manual even has a brief instruction re. the necessity of including actual "positives" in its deceptive lead-in portion.

Ignoring this, overlooks Scientology's most effective disguise.

But I would agree with Wendy that the overall effect of Scientology - actual Scientology, the total package - is "brainwashing."