What's new

IAS says "Information on the internet is false..."

billheichert

Patron with Honors
I have been working on getting my $212,000.00 back from the ias. Here is their most recent respnonse:

attachment.php

Interesting.....

Attachments

• IASresponse2-22-10.jpg
    IASresponse2-22-10.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's better than my hubby has ever gotten. They don't even respond to his letters.

I'd ask what specifically is false on the internet. That should get them thinking up so good lies to tell you. LOL!!!

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
How nice that it's that easy for them. Hey, it's false. And why? Because we said so! That's pretty much the jist of that letter.

What a stupid dumbass letter. How rare for them to act like that. (sarcasm)

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
IAS funds going for the 'religion' and 'charitable purposes'???? I wonder if they'd care to 'substantiate' that?

IAS records anybody?

Zinj

billheichert

Patron with Honors
I should have posted this first, but below you can see the last demand letter that I sent in January. I had it hand routed to DM as well. The letter from the ias was in response to this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

US IAS Members Trust
International Association of Scientologists
1311 N. New Hampshire
Los Angeles, CA 90027

RE: Refund of $212,000.00 to William Heichert 1-26-10

IAS,

I hereby officially request (Again) a full refund in the amount of $212,000.00 USD.

I am in receipt of your letter dated 1-19-2010. It is unacceptable.

Had you not fraudulently coerced the money from me under duress, your refund policy would possibly be acceptable.

The monies that I paid to IAS were not used in the manner described to me at the time my money was paid. The money was not used to forward religious and charitable purposes as I was told. Documentation of these claims are all over the internet – in court documents, video’s and various reports. Additionally, if I need to take legal action, I know that my claims can be easily verified in discovery.

All of this money was coerced and obtained under false pretenses by IAS representatives Howard Becker, Michael Roberts and Ken Pirak to name a few. These representatives would often show up unannounced late at night at my home and at my business and spend hours and hours in “crush sell” sessions coercing me to pay. They would appear unannounced (2 or sometimes even 3 representatives) and work on me for hours. The various lies that they told me as to what my money was going to be used for are part of the ongoing fraud that you perpetrated on me and others. As a non-profit organization in the USA you are obligated to give full, true disclosure to your members as to the use of funds and you are also required to use money given for the purposes that you state to the person. This was not done.

Additionally, I am completely dissatisfied with whatever “services” the IAS Administrations claims to have provided me as a member. With me, Scientology and the IAS has failed utterly. With the constant violations by David Miscavige, Chairman Of the Board, Religious Technology Center, of it’s own policies on “Keeping Scientology Working” and other policies to numerous to outline in this letter, it is obvious that the IAS was negligent and corrupt in it’s actions &/or inactions. Rather than enforce the broadly known policies of the “Church,” the IAS purposely forwarded the corrupt agenda of it’s “leader” David Miscavige, COB RTC. Money that was coerced from me under duress was not used for the purported charitable projects but was rather used to attack and silence other dissatisfied IAS members in an attempt to cover up the internal on-going corruption of the COS and the IAS.
You are clearly aware of the gargantuan volume of evidence, documents and legal judgments against Hubbard and Scientology, and irrefutable proof of criminal and dangerous policies and practices and organization-wide lying to try to cover up these policies and practices. The IAS had a duty to me as a member of the association, as did every Scientology executive, to tell me the truth about the nature and activities of the people and the entity you represent.
You and each person operating the IAS have a duty to disclose to every person from whom you ever took one penny that Scientology, the technology, does not work, that there is no science nor scientific research whatsoever supporting Scientology's claims, even basic claims of clear and OT, and that it has been a fraud from Book One. You and each person operating the IAS have a duty to disclose to every person that the entity you represent was and is more antisocial, in fact more criminal, than the "suppressive persons" you have falsely labeled. You and all Scientology executives had a duty to disclose every judgment, against your organization.
In addition to violating and abusing its own member’s civil rights, the organization over the years with its "Fair Game" doctrine has harassed and abused those persons not in the Church whom it perceives as enemies. The IAS used my money to do this.
The IAS failed to inform me of any court decisions against it or the Church Of Scientology. My money was used to pay these judgments. Additionally the IAS has failed to protect its membership from the fraud that Scientology continuously perpetrates, in part by propagation of unconscionable lies about Hubbard, his biography, and his credentials. If I had been made aware of the truth, I would never have pursued my involvement in the scam. I would not have paid money to be conned.
Despite your assertion regarding internal policy that precludes the honoring of refund demands, the International Association of Scientologists has within recent times given refunds to many former members. A cursory search of the internet reveals that the following dissatisfied former members were given a refund of their IAS membership payments: Tory (formerly Bezazian) Christman, Tom Padgett, Greg and Debra Barnes, Ed Hattaway and Virginia McClaughry. Since you often give refunds with gag agreements, it can be assumed that many other people than those listed here have successfully received refunds. What is the reason that you have for not returning my money? Is it because I know too much?
As I have stated, I am demanding the return of my money in part due to fraudulent representations by IAS representatives, including David Miscavige, Janet Light, Ken Pirak, Howard Becker, Michael Roberts, and others and due to fraudulent representations made by Hubbard himself, which make all of Scientology itself a fraud. You people run a criminal scam. Had I known, I would have had no desire to be a scientologist or an IAS member. Now that I know, I will not be a part of your corrupt, criminal group nor do I want you to be funded in part by my money.
It is outrageous that the money Scientologists donate to the IAS is used against them in the event of their departure from Scientology. Just like other "donations" made to Scientology, the money that the IAS representatives coerced from me was nothing but an advance payment for their standard fair game attacks against me and others who have had the courage to speak out about the ongoing fraudulent activities of the IAS and CSI. This is a material fact, which was withheld from me by IAS and all other executives of the Scientology enterprise. I would never have become a member of an organization that would either intend or withhold such a fact.
I fell victim, to your con game and I spent about 19 years of my adult life, convinced that Scientology was the only hope for mankind. But Scientology is not the only hope for mankind; it is no hope at all for mankind. Rather, the organization and its so-called technology is a serious menace to every life that it touches. It criminally defrauded me of my money.
Hubbard stole and gained my trust and you, the IAS stole my money (fraudulently coerced me to pay). He stole it with his lies about his own professional qualifications and credentials. He presented a “science of the mind” which does not work. No matter what cosmetic modifications are made to Hubbard's writings to make them more palatable, as long as any part of Hubbard's underlying philosophy remains intact, and as long as any part of Hubbard's phony science remains a part of the practice of Scientology, the product of Scientology will be fraud and will carry a serious psychological risk.
Scientology blatantly and willfully violated my rights. I would never have knowingly paid one cent to an organization such as yours to lie to me and steal from me.
I have been speaking with Joe Childs of the St. Petersburg Times about my demand for the return of my $212,000 and he is planning to interview me regarding my past experiences and my current experience with this demand for return of my money.
If you do not return my money, I will pursue this matter, in the press, with Attorneys General of California and Florida and the US Attorney General, and if necessary, in court until I have received my money back. I know the strength of my case against you and I will fight you in court if needed.
Please immediately refund my $212,000.00, and send it to the address below.
Sincerely,

William T. Heichert

Copies to:
David Miscavige
Religious Technology Center
1710 Ivar Avenue, Suite 1100
Los Angeles, California 90028
E-Mail:
[email protected]
Florida Attorney General Emailed complaint
Californian Attorney General emailed complaint
US Attorney General emailed complaint
Committee on Ways and Means, US House of Representatives,
Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515

Dorothy S. Morse, Attorney at Law

Bradenton, FL 34209

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
"Information on the internet is false" -- well, now that he's covered scientology.org, what else does Mislav have to say?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
What does it matter what is or isn't posted on the net. The man wants his money back.

I think the point is that IAS donations are not going for what Bill thought and was told they were. Which is why he's demanding them back. Apparently IAS donations are just David Miscavige's private slush fund.

Zinj

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think the point is that IAS donations are not going for what Bill thought and was told they were. Which is why he's demanding them back. Apparently IAS donations are just David Miscavige's private slush fund.

Zinj

They could say the same about any "donation/payment".

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
IAS Refund Request = "Dear david, I refuse to pay for your cars, trips, suits and toys. Give me my money back you fucking lier."

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
The list of false representations is extensive.
L Ron Hubbard - falsely represented
David Miscavige - falsely represented,
capabilities of scn - falsely represented
scientology statistics - falsely represented
success of ias programs - falsely represented
financial efficiency of scn - falsely represented
how money is spent - falsely represented
actual financial condition of scn - falsely represented
how staff are treated - falsely represented
the number of deaths and suicides due to financial and other stress in scn - not mentioned at all.

But I would say the biggest part of the fraud is how the level of necessity is completely overblown. What they do is get you to believe that you are in some kind of deadly war where the ultimate sacrifice is what is required and if you don't act now then millions of lives will could be lost or face eternal agony, blah blah blah. There ARE legitimate situations in life where this could be necessary. scientology's not one of them. What a crock of shit.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Good luck Bill.............great letter you wrote!

Also I did notice in the letter you received that it didn't indicate a refusal to refund your money, although it is disagreeing with the dollar amount you indicated you are due. My guess is that if you can substantiate the full amount you are due through bank records or however, that they'll cough up the money rather than having to pay attorneys and deal with the fall-out from the negative PR.

Carmel

Crusader
They could say the same about any "donation/payment".
Yeah, and they do.........In Oz it's against the law. There's a legal term (more specific than "fraud" ) for getting dono's for one thing, then spending it on another. Some have been prosecuted for it, but many get away with it.

Terril park

Sponsor
It was a mystery why Mike and Virginia McClaughrey somewhat
abruptly closed down their websites and no longer posted to the net.

With no explanation.

Took the money and ran? So out of character, but I guess its a
valid theory why no one has ever heard from them.

So they were somewhat bonkers, but were extremely active on
attacking the COS, In particular commeting on how the OTVII sec checks were out tech.

Any more data on this?

I recently heard they still live in post falls or whatever in Idaho.

Feral

Rogue male
This is no surprise to me Bill, it is almost identical to the letters they sent to me, each one ending by asking for more information.

After I sent four letters the final response was "no" and that no other correspondence would be entered into or some such.

So, the joint claim of over 50 former IAS contributors was born.

So stupid, they could have avoided all of it by honoring their repayment policies as delineated by Hubbard.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
The good, the bad and the ugly.

The ugly. Hubbard's, COB's, CoS's, Scientology's and IAS's incessant and outrageous lying to expand and protect its con game.

The bad. The near-limitless arrogance, self-rightous cruelty and finance Scn has to enforce its lying.

The good. All of the above.

Why good?

Because, the downfall of all evil men is caused by the very strengths that sustained their dark reign of terror. The seeds of their self-destruction are paradoxically contained in the "super-power" they wielded. To mention just a few...

* Hitler's infinite belief in his invincibility begat the Nazi's undoing by epic scale blunders such as trying to conquer the Russians on their own frozen homeland, impossibly stretching supply lines and human endurance.

* Al Capone's insatiable greed exposed him to conviction of tax fraud and imprisonment--although his vast riches and lifestyle would not have been even incrementally diminished had he simply paid his taxes.

* Richard Nixon's delusional sense of entitlement to power inexorably steered his illustrious career into the icebergs of reality, plunging it to the disgraceful depths.​

It is an endlessly fascinating study to locate the "tipping point" of seemingly indestructible demi-gods. In the great traditions of Akido, Judo & JuJitsu, an overbearing reliance on one's own power is a glaring weakness which can easily be exploited if understood.

Ron Hubbard's creative story telling gave him status and currency as a well-published author. It is not difficult to chart his implosion beginning from the days he campaigned for a book deal on Excalibur--with laughably outrageous claims about suicidal readers hurling themselves from skyscrapers. It is a simple and direct path from there to the Wall of Pneumonia. With each creative flourish, the Source of freedom for all mankind painted himself into an ever-diminishing corner reserved for con men on the run.

The IAS is a perfect study in self-inflicted demise.

What they have done and used in aggregating power & money is exactly and precisely what will be their shattering end.

Think of it's greatest strength and you will know the last chapter in the book of IAS.