What's new

Ideal Church of Scientology of the Valley will be a "Mecca Org" with a "large chapel"

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Perhaps of interest to their brethren in the Nation of Islam, the new Ideal Church of Scientology of the Valley will be a "Mecca Org" with a "large chapel"!

From Mike Rinder's Thursday Funnies.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-10/

attachment.php

Attachments

• MeccaOrg.jpg
    MeccaOrg.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 105

Leland

Crusader
Re: Ideal Church of Scientology of the Valley will be a "Mecca Org" with a "large cha

Flag use to call themselves...."The Mecca of Technical Perfection"

Now the Valley org.....is saying they should be a "Mecca Org" in their promo pieces?

I haven't looked up the etymology of the word....Mecca....But it is a City in Saudi Arabia....and is connected to Islam. ONLY Muslims can visit or live in the City. All others must go around it.

Mecca was the birth place of Mohammad....the founder of the Islamic Religion. It is considered a place that all Muslims must visit...at least once in their lifetime.

(I suppose Saudi Arabia...gains a lot of points in the Muslim world...by being the location of Mecca....and policing/protecting it.)

I had always thought that the West kind of co-oped the word.....and altered its meaning quite a bit. Perhaps to mean Pinnacle Travel Destination or top place visited....(lots of visitors...travel to Mecca)

I am astounded in this day and age of "political correctness" that the West....ie. Scientology in this example.....is still trying to steal this word....and alter its meaning. And or now-a-days trying to do a Marketing Positioning ploy by using this word....especially in LA....with new NOI connections.......

I am astounded that Muslim Clerics have not put out Fatwas about this use of the word Mecca....by the West....

If the same held true for Muslims....I suppose they might say.."Oh....this is the Bethlehem of an.....???......whatever...."

Of course now C of $....is furthering their co-oping of other Religion's terms....by calling the Super Power building in Clearwater Fl.....a "Cathedral...."

Last edited:

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Ideal Church of Scientology of the Valley will be a "Mecca Org" with a "large cha

ISIS BRING ORDER!:omg:

GreyLensman

Steps to actually being effective as an humanitarian:

1) remove yourself from the influences and dogma and attitudes and fixed data of a Scientologist
2) Go find someone and something to care about
3) Commit you time and ability and money to actually making a difference
4) Engage in active hope

You do not and cannot help anyone but yourself as a Scientologist. And if you think you are "making a difference" in the practice of Scientology in the world you are flat delusional...

Wants2Talk

So I guess our choice in the future will be A) the Illuminati World Government or B) Sharia Scientology!

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Flag use to call themselves...."The Mecca of Technical Perfection" Now the Valley org.....is saying they should be a "Mecca Org" in their promo pieces?

Yet another idiot Scilon decision that will result in alot of fundraising among the gullible to build a large empty edifice whose primary function will be to gather dust.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious

Flag use to call themselves...."The Mecca of Technical Perfection"

Now the Valley org.....is saying they should be a "Mecca Org" in their promo pieces?

Mecca, small "m," can be used more generically, just to mean a place where people go because there's something there a lot of people like or go see or do. However, I agree that a non-Muslim religion should avoid the word, and saying it is a "mecca org" and will inspire Hollywood to stop making movies about guys dancing in their underwear is just stupid and meaningless. It is as if they aren't aware of the main use of Mecca in the context of religion.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Mecca, small "m," can be used more generically, just to mean a place where people go because there's something there a lot of people like or go see or do. However, I agree that a non-Muslim religion should avoid the word, and saying it is a "mecca org" and will inspire Hollywood to stop making movies about guys dancing in their underwear is just stupid and meaningless. It is as if they aren't aware of the main use of Mecca in the context of religion.

BRIGHT IDEA: To avoid MUs and confusion on this planet, wherein the word "Mecca" and/or "mecca" are misunderstood and people blow from Scientology, I propose an entirely new word for the advanced tech cult:

Tecca

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Mecca, small "m," can be used more generically, just to mean a place where people go because there's something there a lot of people like or go see or do. However, I agree that a non-Muslim religion should avoid the word
It might also be a good idea for a religion to use the word "mecca" to refer to one of their religious sanctuaries when they are allied with the Nation of Islam and providing services to members of the Nation of Islam in such sanctuaries.

Just saying.