What's new

Ideal org mystery solved !

randomx

Patron with Honors
This is a copy and paste from the kiwianon site.
It is not my article.
But it blew my mind.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Scientology's New Buildings
You have undoubtedly heard the Church of Scientology bragging about their various "new buildings" around the world. There haven't actually been very many, but the few that there have been get pointed to by the church as "evidence" of Scientology's tremendous expansion.

That's the spin they put on it.

One look inside the new buildings is enough to disprove the "expansion" story. The buildings are empty, or nearly so. The old quarters were empty before all the hoopla, so the new ones were obviously not the result of a demand for more space. So why is the church working so hard, buying all these new, larger buildings?

The obvious explanation is that the church is doing it so they can give the apparency of expansion. Of course this is one reason and is certainly a benefit from the scheme. But, like all things related to the church, the story behind it is much more twisted, much darker. It is actually brilliant, in a dark, twisted way.

It's all about money.

First, of course, is the PR benefit of being able to point to these buildings and say, "See, expansion!"

Second, it is yet another, clever way to suck even more money from their parishioners. These buildings are purchased using only parishioner's donations, no church funds are used. Yet another urgent "project" needing their every last nickel and dime.

Third, as pure donations, no one can ask for their money back. You see, when Scientology services are paid for in advance, the church is supposed to return the money, if asked. With these donations, however, there is no return possible.

Aside: In actual fact, the Church of Scientology spent all the "advance payments"! Yes, indeed, if a majority of Scientologists asked for only their advance payments back, which the church is legally required to return, it wouldn't be able to! It is violating the law, right now, and is in deep trouble. This is the reason they concentrate on "pure donations" for their money now. That's all money in, with none of those pesky legal requirements not to spend it all!

So far so good, as far as the church is concerned, but the "best" is yet to come.

The local parishioners think they are buying the building for their local branch of the church. But they're not. No one tells them this. They think the local church will own the new building and never have to pay rent again.

And they are very, very wrong. They have been intentionally misled.

The building, purchased with parishioner's funds, becomes owned by the International Management, or, essentially, David Miscavige. International Management, in turn, leases the buildings back to the local church at (we assume) inflated rates. And the local church continues to pay rent forever.

You see the beauty of this scam? International Management gets the valuable property for nothing, purchased and fully renovated using parishioner's funds, parishioner's volunteer hours and the church's RPF slave labor and, on top of that, they collect nice fat monthly rent checks on the same property from, essentially, the same people. Double bonus!

[EDIT] I have been informed that this practice of buying the building, transferring ownership to the Int. Landlord who turns around and charges rent has ceased after the big stink at the San Francisco Church of Scientology. Mind you, it was done, it just isn't done now.

Now, the buildings must be paid in full, no mortgage, no lease, no rental, and then fully renovated before the local church is allowed to move in. This may explain why so many "Ideal Orgs" are stalled so badly. It's a massive cost that sucks every penny from the local church's field, but at least they won't have to pay rent after they've bought the building.

Now really, in what universe does sucking all available money from your customers for a building result in the local church having more business? To put it very simply, how does less available money equal more business?

The local parishioners have been conned out of millions of dollars under the misapprehension they were helping their local church. Instead, they've greatly increased Miscavige's wealth, while burdening their local church with more expenses--the new buildings cost substantially more to maintain! The end result of all the parishioner's hard work is that the local church's struggle for survival becomes much harder.

But that's not all! Understand the magnitude of this betrayal: International Management can sell the building right out from under the local church, take the money and run, and the local church, and the parishioners who paid for that building could do nothing to stop them.

And the Church of Scientology has the unmitigated gall to point to this twisted bit of double-dealing as a "sign of expansion"! Yeah, expansion of Miscavige's bank account!

I point to these new buildings as a perfect example of what kind of evil, twisted machinations this "church" goes through to chivvy every last penny from their trusting marks parishioners. Instead of "expansion", these new buildings are just one more nail in the coffin of the Church of Scientology.

---------------------------------------------------------------
GIFT FORM

Complete and sign this gift form. Put it and your gift in an envelope
and mail to the Flag Banking Officer, Church of scientology of
New Zealand, PO BOX 6791, Wellesley Street Auckland.

I,___________________, do hereby make a gift to the church of Scientology
Auckland Ideal Org Building Project to forward the purpose of the project.

I understand that the purpose of the project is to raise the funds necessary to purchase and
renovate an ideal building which will house an ideal org that will contribute to bringing about
planetary clearing and a new civilization here on earth.

I understand that the donated funds will be used for the funding of an ideal org.

I understand that all donations and contributions to the Ideal Org Building Expansion
Project are non-refundable.

I understand that the information on this form and any information I may later provide
to the above designated organization may be stored on a computer.

Signature____________________________________ Date _____________________
Full name_________________________________
Address_________________________________________________________
Phone__________________________________ email___________________________
I am making a donation of:,__________________________________________
I am making a pledge of ________________________________________

Check or money order amount of $____________________________________________-
(Made out to Church of Scientology)

Credit card in the amount of $____________________________________________

_________Visa ______ Mastercard _________ Discover _____ American Express__________

Credit card number ________________ Exp._____________ Year _______

Signature : ______________________ I authorize the use of my credit card.
@ 2008 CSI. All rights reserved. Scientology is a trademark and service mark owned by
............. MISCAVIGE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for posting this Randomx. Very interesting for sure.

The "ideal org" scam has been one I have thought long & hard about. The scale of the scam is incredible.

IMO, this scam has created a full-blown house of cards situation. The health and longevity of the business known as scientology has been severely jeopardised.

The renovation costs & overheads on some of these new buildings are astronomical - non-viable. Who pays the local taxes/utility costs, etc, on these buildings while they sit empty? How are orgs, that struggle to meet their week to week commitments of rents/utilities, etc, meant to cope with these huge additional financial outlays?

As the reality of these facts hit each fiscally drained local field, things are going to get very interesting. How will Int. management spin it? The parishioners have also been hammered and hammered by the Basic books mess. Add to that, there are the typical screw-ups that happen all the time (mess after mess of folk being treated badly with injustices, etc). How much oppression can the scientology parishioners take before they snap?

The clock is ticking on this one. I am so glad I am no longer a scientologist but I gotta say, my heart goes out to the many fine decent people I knew who are still caught up in the fiasco. The betrayal is severe.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I've heard of people who have apparently put their "Bridge progress" on indefinite hold after donating their available resources (money and credit) toward this Ideal Org scam.

In effect, the pressure tactics used to extract their money from them has denied them any chance of ever "progressing rapidly up the Bridge".

Isn't hindering Bridge Progress still considered the ultimate Suppressive Act in scientology?

Pixie

Crusader
I've heard of people who have apparently put their "Bridge progress" on indefinite hold after donating their available resources (money and credit) toward this Ideal Org scam.

In effect, the pressure tactics used to extract their money from them has denied them any chance of ever "progressing rapidly up the Bridge".

Isn't hindering Bridge Progress still considered the ultimate Suppressive Act in scientology?

My god... :duh: This is just so disgusting. You know eventually people are just going to get sick of paying out to them over and over again and through all this pressure I am pretty sure a lot will wake up to that fact. Something will just snap with them and they'll wake up, they'll have to or they'll be out on the streets.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

Actually Panda,

Seeing Miscavige in action and then looking at the results of his action, makes me think that Hubbard might have been right about the existence of SPs.

Miscavige is doing his upmost to prevent anyone getting any benefit from the ‘Tech’. And he’s being so clever about it, people are patting him on the back and telling everyone what a wonderful job he is doing! :duh:

Axiom142

ScudMuffin

Silver Meritorious Patron
That must be the reason the toutch assist didn't work when my waist was cut in half with a chainsaw.

Martini

Patron Meritorious
What is fascinating to me is the plot to lease back the buildings to the church after all the money to buy the building outright had been raised by them. This cuts directly across staff pay.

Moreover, I wonder if the buildings are truly paid in full by the cash raised. More likely, the transaction is done by Int and is kept unknown to the church.

The real transaction might be a down payment and a mortgage, with the rest of the money invested in stocks and bonds, trying to earn a higher return than the mortgage interest rate. Also, to have lots of liquidity and cash for flaps, and if needed a run to an island far away as a final escape.

The lease arrangement with the org was a trick to pay the mortgage without a dime coming from Int. They pay 20% or so of the original funds raised as down payment on the property, pocket the rest, and pay the mortgage with the lease payments from the org.

Scam.

randomx

Patron with Honors
Attention David Miscavage !!

Bankruptcy, Morality, and Religion

The Law Offices of John Saitis believes very strongly that declaring bankruptcy is not immoral. It is a way for honest, but unfortunate, debtors to get back on their feet financially. We've helped many clients including religious leaders such as deacons and ministers declare bankruptcy. For those that are struggling with the moral implications of declaring bankruptcy we present the following information about bankruptcy, morality, and religion for you to consider and help ease your mind.

Hope this helps Davey.

http://metroplexlaw.com/bankruptcy- BK and Religion.html

Last edited:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Why would anyone ever think it was immoral to admit the truth, that one cannot pay one's debts? That's all bankruptcy is. It might have been immoral to come to that point (decisions that took on more debt than one could bear, or that caused one to lose their income, etc), but bankruptcy itself seems the simple admission of fact.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Depends. I've been in the financial, legal and collections fields my entire career, and I've seen honest people file for well deserved bankruptcy protection and I've also seen dishonest liars use it. The new bankruptcy code did NOT stop this trend, either. A favorite tactic (particularly in CA) is to find someone in bankruptcy, and without their knowledge, deed them a small percentage interest in the property, then call the foreclosure company the day before or the day of the foreclosure sale and fax that info. Of course it's BS and the lender can get it thrown out of court since that property isn't really part of the bankruptcy estate- but it's a delaying tactic. I've seen a lot of fraud in the bankruptcy world but I've also seen a lot of people who genuinely needed that assistance.

byte301

Crusader
I would think that people would consider it immoral to dodge their debts using bankruptcy. If they are honest and ethical they want to pay those debts in full. But, of course, a lot of people, for one reason or another, can't fulfill their obligation and have to declare bankruptcy. It may also be a matter of pride.

My mother was forced into bankruptcy because of medical bills after a long illness. I had to talk her into declaring bankruptcy and she was very upset about the entire idea. She felt ashamed and humiliated even though she had no control over the situation.