What's new

Ideal Orgs - Booming or bust?

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
But also for example, the GI for Venezuela org was way different. They changed it based on currency, etc. If you had 220K a week in Vza, that money is worth WAY more than it is in the US. You can live IN LUXURY for 200 bucks a month over there. What would be like 2000 here. So I know that they would reveiw each org/country to determine what would be SH size for that area. Some of the numbers didnt change such as WDAHS and Letters Out though.

Alot of the people that did the Purif at CCI were signed up for TR's and Objectives package and they would do that too before falling off lines. Part of counting the PDC for them was that they resigned onto something else - so that was watched pretty heavily. Sometimes maybe they just went on to the cheapest, smallest Div 4 action available. It had to be Div 4 action, couldnt be Div 6 course.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Does anyone know how many current "Saint Hill Size" orgs COS has these days?

Are any of the ones that were declared "Saint Hill Size" now acknowledged to not be "Saint Hill Size"?

(Like LA Day, maybe?)

S

Steven James

New York (I think both day and Foundation). I know that they often sell 1,000 copies of Dianetics a week. We used to compete with them for book sales. Staff from my Org went and visited New York to 'get tips'. Actual auditing and course delivery, I have no clue.

Johannesburg Day (Universe Corps have been in). Per a non Scientologist who scouted the place it is very busy with over 100 staff.

Tamp Org. Busy, put apparently with Clearwater public looking for cheaper courses.

Milan Org. Big Org for years.

Madrid. Apparently very busy and open until 3.00am. The Church even opened a seperate bookshop to sell materials. I have not seen it myself, but if I go to Spain this summer I will go and take a look and report back.

San Fransisco. Have no stats on this one or data.

Stevens Creek. Supposedly Saint Hill size or close to Saint Hill size. Once again I have little to know data on this one.

Moscow & Saint Petersburg are supposedly Saint Hill size or close to. Moscow is one of the top bookselling Orgs shifitng similar numbers to New York.

I believe Hamburg and Munich were once Saint Hill sized, but are not anymore?

Kristi

New York completions from Theta mag

This is my favorite kind of thread. Thanks, everyone!

Re: New York and high book sales: I've got a handful of issues of their org mag, Theta. Here are the stats I have (sorry I don't have dates for all issues):

Issue Approx. Date Comps Indivs

Theta 329 0000-00-00 60 53
Theta 331 0000-00-00 36 34
Theta 332 0000-00-00 46 44
Theta 333 0000-00-00 16 16
Theta 335 2001-12-01 19 18
Theta 357 2002-03-01 47 42
Theta 359 2002-06-01 70 60
Theta 369 2003-07-01 25 25
Theta 370 2003-08-01 68 51
Theta 384 2005-03-01 158 139

So, in early 2005, they had 158 completions by 139 individuals. Certainly much better than they'd done in the past, but not exactly stellar for selling 1000 books a week. (Or is it?)

You can see the data - and see if you recognize whether most of the individuals are on staff or not - here:

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/orgs/nyc_theta/index.html

I think I might have one or two more recent issues lying around - I'll have to see.

I also have a bunch of old Auditor mags that used to list comps for individual orgs (and sometimes even missions). I'd love to get those posted; I have the impression that, in the mid-70s, the org stats way outstripped what was common in the late 90s, but I'd have to look at the actual data to be sure.

Remember, if you can get your hands on any org mags, I'd love the pages with completions.

Thanks,

Kristi

How Ideal Is Empty?

So recently I was looking at a Church mag - International Scn News Issue 36 - and whilst amusing myself at the artistic renditions of the newly planned Ideal Org for Harlem . . .

:wtf:

(I'll pause there so you can recover from laughing your ass off.)

I had a little thought that stopped me cold.

It suddenly seemed to shine out, I couldn't believe I'd missed it before.

In ALL the artistic renditions of ALL the new Ideal Orgs, in all the mags and videos - they all have one thing in common.

Uniformly they show a huge beautiful building which is . . . empty.

People are not depicted. The course rooms are empty. The lobby. The outside scenes. The beautiful new Qual spaces. The book stores. The chapels.

Not a single person is shown.

And this is the envisioned Ideal Scene. Empty buildings.

Wow. Chilling.

COB

(Oh, don't worry - in addition to Harlem, Ideal Org plans were also shown for Harare and Tel Aviv - :roflmao: Yes, because Harare has SUCH a good history of performance!)

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
So recently I was looking at a Church mag - International Scn News Issue 36 - and whilst amusing myself at the artistic renditions of the newly planned Ideal Org for Harlem . . .

Hey! Any way you could scan this stuff and post them or link to them?

I'd love to see these renditions.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron

In ALL the artistic renditions of ALL the new Ideal Orgs, in all the mags and videos - they all have one thing in common.

People are not depicted. The course rooms are empty. The lobby. The outside scenes. The beautiful new Qual spaces. The book stores. The chapels.

Wow. Chilling.

COB

(Oh, don't worry - in addition to Harlem, Ideal Org plans were also shown for Harare and Tel Aviv - :roflmao: Yes, because Harare has SUCH a good history of performance!)

Because tomorrow the people they are showing may have left the Church and be laughing at them on this or some other website: "Look, see me, I'm the one with the dedicated look on his face." They don't dare use any real people at this point.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

Wow. Chilling.

COB

Harare and Tel Aviv??? What the hell are they trying to do?

Wow I would love to see them put an "ideal org" in Harare - dealling with Zimbabwe's 7000% PA inflation should be an interesting task.

As for Tel Aviv - I wonder if they have come out from under a rock and admitted that Scientology is a "religion"? For the longest time Scientology denied, vehemently, that it was a religion. The reason is fairly simple - there are very strict rules governing the behavior of non-judaic religions in Israel - proselytization is an extremely touchy subject.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron

Wow. Chilling.

COB

I know it was great PR to say there was an Org in Harlem. Maybe the people up at Int think if there are some black people on the street it is Harlem. But the sad truth is, that "org" is not in Harlem. It is on the upper East side and up at Int they are calling that Harlem. :omg: Such gross out PR .

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I know it was great PR to say there was an Org in Harlem. Maybe the people up at Int think if there are some black people on the street it is Harlem. But the sad truth is, that "org" is not in Harlem. It is on the upper East side and up at Int they are calling that Harlem. :omg: Such gross out PR .

:laugh:

Björkist

Silver Meritorious Patron
I forget the exact reference but LRH describes the current state of Org and Mission course rooms (and CoSs in general) as what would happen if LRH's brand of Scientology stopped being used...

Is it just a coincidence?

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
agreed

Looks like it's stale, no life in it, enforced, no fun, producing upset cranky apostates and critics. Not very good indicators, are they?

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
The new Ideal Org for my area is 1/2 block from where I live. Ha ha. I was here first. They bought it last year and havent done ANYTHING to it. Never seen anyone there.

The org they have now is 3 miles away, and I drove by one time and the parking lot was full, which suprised me (the lot is small compared to the org. Only holds about 25 cars).

They have the Dianetics van here too. I think they own it, cause it is always there in the lot. Gotta drive it every once in a while guys or field mice will get all over it a wreak havoc on it!!!

Thalkirst

Patron with Honors
But it has, according to the game - expanded every year since then. It has won the Birthday game at least 4 times since becoming SH Size - which means that it not only expanded - it expanded faster than any other org on the planet. Think about that.
Where are the results of 27 years of expansion?

Budapest Org, when the CO OTL micromanaged it, once won the Birthday Game.

The way to do it is as follows:

1. You maintain a tight control on all stats that can be caused on a weekly basis, like Letters Out, Completions, WDAH, and even GI.

You make sure that each one is Normal or Affluence. You also make sure it is not too high, so next week it can be raised easily. If needed, you reschedule some GI for next week etc.

1A. You do it until you reach the production limits and then you crash the stat completely.

1B. You restart the small increases.

2. You check for stats, which are cumulative and employ your best CSW and PR experts to put together Power CSWs.

3. There are certain bonus points, like program completions. There are some easy programs to complete, you get 1-3 guys assigned to manufacture CRs (compliance reports) and evidence and submit whatever you can somehow complete.

4. You ask for the breakdown of the point calculation and check for Normals and CSW them to be changed to Affluence if you can somehow sell the idea that it was an Affluence.

That's how we won the OTL birthday game multiple times. It's mostly mathematics - if you are a stats and CR wizard, you can PR your way to birthday game victories without any expansion.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
One time my Org won the continental birthday game and for that particular winning week we had zero WDAHs and zero students in the academy.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
False stats!

False Orgs!

False states!

False Tech!

False Upper levels - methinks that Scio is dramatizing something!

You know what isnt false...

The tons of money CofS make and real estate they buy!

Profit is not DMs problem... for every 1 Sci that goes out 1 comes in...

Granted they don't expand but Bart Simpson donating 10 mill isnt going to make em smaller either.

So what is the solution?
If at the same size (or smaller) they CAN continue to amass so much money?

MR

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Public are paying for that real estate, either by direct donations to their local org or for some lucky orgs via the IAS. The regging for Ideal Org purchase and renovations is INTENSE. As well as IAS regging. This has to be having a devastating effect on the sale of training and processing - who can afford it when you've max'd your cards donating for a building? I know people that took 2nd mortgages on their homes to donate toward the purchase of the new building!

Another outpoint is that many of these new buildings have been sitting empty and un-renovated. Washington DC's new building, paid for by the IAS has been sitting waiting to be restored for 2 years - all the hype at the time of the announcement about it being the key org in the center of power of the USA - fooey.

The Basics are being pushed sooo hard. One thing about the Basic Books course is it is not terribly expensive - this lets them get public onto some kind of service.