ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Ideas for 15 March Pickets

Discussion in 'Other Locations Pickets and Protests' started by Div6, Feb 11, 2008.

1. loiepoo

loiepoo Patron

How about:
    PAY EQUAL WAGE FOR EQUAL WORK!
    PAY OVERTIME FOR 40+ HOURS-DOUBLE TIME FOR HOLIDAYS!
    NO MORE STARVATION WAGES!
    STOP SCIENTOLOGY SLAVE LABOUR CAMPS
    TREAT YOUR STAFF WITH KINDNESS!

2. loiepoo

loiepoo Patron

BTW - anybody know what the plans are for a picket in L.A.? I'd love to come and offer my protests.:happydance:

3. Curiosity

Curiosity Patron with Honors

4. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Can someone who can post over there put this info: (This is general, based on past years. They may change because of planned marches, they may not, but this is info they should know):

On the day of the event, which is usually a Saturday, the orgs are open until approximately 3:45 PM. At that point, most services let out for people to change and eat to get ready for the event. (In LA). The event is generally held in the Shrine Auditorium, somewhere downtown. The Shrine has lots of sidewalk space for marching and it has a quiet street there as well. WBM and Tori may have more info.

I am just saying the orgs will be empty after approx 5pm as the event starts at 7pm and everyone has to be seated by then.

After the event, the public get corraled to a common space in the event hall, "for food" (BS). This is where the registration people come in and hound them for money and hold them until they donate.

Approx 10 pm some start getting out and these ones would be ripe for seeing signs such as "tired of the abuse?"

Hope this helps some.

5. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Good idea, Bea. You can post it yourself easily enough. It's easy to register on the forums at enturbulation.org--just needs a user name, password, and some kind of e-mail address.

Paul

6. Fancy

Fancy Patron Meritorious

I agree.

Barb

7. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

The LRH birthday event is the one event of the year that is not held at the Shrine because it conflicts with the Acadamy Awards and the Acadamy Awards trumps LRH birthday. Usually it is at one of the other big arenas in LA, I forget which one.

8. Lynn Fountain Campbell

Lynn Fountain Campbell Silver Meritorious Patron

I got promo in the mail saying it's at the Shrine.... "Learn data arout LRH you have never heard before -- His discoveries, his resulting legacy, his care and compassion for everyone whose lives he touched...." (!?!?!?) :unsure:

And we're watching the Academy Awards on TV right now, so no conflict there.

Lynn

9. Dulloldfart

They've been holding them at the Kodak Theater since it opened.

Paul

10. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Dunno bout 'always'. In '98 they held it at Universal Studios, which meant no pickets (on private propeerty) but it also meant that a couple of critics got to attend, which led to to the revelation of the 'Scientologist On Line' program (and the Net Nanny) and the intent to 'spam' Google searches.

'99 was at the Shrine, which was a decent place to picket.

It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to do a switcheroo this time at a 'late date'.

Zinj

11. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Yes, but there are always ways to find out where the event is. And get the word out.

So, churchies: Do what you want.... :whistling:

12. Dulloldfart

By "them" I meant the Academy Awards.

Paul

13. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Ahhh... that makes more sense :)

Zinj

14. Dulloldfart

http://forums.enturbulation.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1973

I just saw this. Big effect from a small protest.

Paul

15. Raptorjesus

Raptorjesus Patron

Hmm... There are alot of resources out there for just straight up quoting L. Ron Hubbard on picket signs...

My personal favorite which gets all of the Christian and Catholics is...
    "There is no Jesus" ~L. Ron Hubbard

16. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Patron with Honors

Big signs on highways in bible belt:

SCIENTOLOGY SUPPORTS ABORTIONS
    ANON 3:15 [google it, be there]

Big signs for protests in front of the churches:

FINAL EXAM:
    IT IS BETTER TO GOOGLE:
    A. SCIENTOLOGY
    B. TWO GIRLS ONE CUP