If I were C.O.B. of the Church of Scientology

If I were the CIB of the Church of Scientology here is what I would probably do:

First, I wouldn't have this job unless I was a true believer. So I have to assume I was a true believer.

If I were a true believer, then I would believe that what I did, here and now, would determine the agonizing fate of every man, woman, and child for eternity.

It would my ultimate responsibility, and my responsibility alone.

So I would surround myself with like-minded true bellievers.

I would keep them and myself isolated from the everyday chaos and downward spiral of society at a base like Hemet.

In time, when things looked bleaked, I would believe there must be counter-intention in the enviroment, because, after all, the Tech works.

So I would implement heavy ethics proportional to the damage that was being caused to the rest of mankind.

I would probaly lose patients more than once and even begin slapping people around.

And so on and so forth.

I think anyone in this position would eventually do the same; it is the nature of the job and an inevitable consequence of the beliefs.

If I suppose that I was the COB but knew it was a con, I would probably do the same thing.

Except the slapping people around would not be because they were counter intention to getting the Tech applied (since I know it is really a con).

The slapping people around would just be me exhibiting my power over them.

If they are true believers they will tolerate it for the good of mankind.

If they are not true believers they would eventually leave and try to rally true believers away from me and towards themselves.

I think that no matter who is the leader of the Church of Scientology, regardless of their intentions, the same result will eventual occur.

It is the nature of the beast.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
re your first assumption, why not? Who would fire him?

I believe DM - AND THE $cn LAWYERS know they are perpetrating a FRAUD.

And I believe Tom Cruise is a moRON.

re your first assumption, why not? Who would fire him?

I believe DM - AND THE $cn LAWYERS know they are perpetrating a FRAUD.

And I believe Tom Cruise is a moRON.

By that I meant I would not have attained it without being a true believer.

Or it could be as you say.

Either way, I think it leads to the same result.

The Anabaptist Jacques

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Ron, COB,

Humbly appended. . .

Scenario I: Cult leader is a true-believer.

Scenario II: Cult leader is not a true-beliver; knows it is a con.

Scenario III: Cult leader (depending on exigency or whim) is a true-believer and/or knows it is a con, fluidly and insouciantly shifting gears without care, concern or sorrow.

The last scenario, considering the word "and", would be fairly characterized as "criminally insane".

Div6

Crusader
Well, according to the account in Wright's book, DM was taking steroids along with his asthma meds as a teen. AND believed he was a past life clear.
AND exhibited misogyny early on.

Some people even thought Maximilian Robespierre was "a necessary functionary".
That ended badly as well.

If I were COB I would (in no particular order):
A) man up a research project to see what processes worked, which did not.
B) revise the pay / hours for all staff
C) work out an award plan so IAS members / ideal org doners would get credited cash awards, transferred to the local orgs towards that person(family's) training / processing. They could do the bridge and cash would flow into the org.
D) Produce a few cool video games that would interest teens, twenety somethings and get them going to the church site to play the game
E) Release lots of tapes on the Church site for free easy down load.
F) Make and release lots of You Tube videos on trs, metering, basic process, assists etc and encourage people to do them
G) Do some truthing about past leaders and the lies they told.
H) Fill up the Idle orgs
I) depending on how A) turned out, revise the bridge.
J) revamp the pricing
K) lose the RPF, The Hole, the inward facing spikes, the Sniper on the Hill
L) rebuild the mission network, fund the successfull mission holders that were trashed to rebuild their missions, help salvage Scientology
M) hire medical researchers to come up with a drug program that did work, and export it widely
N) Anger management for all staff
O) lose the uber puritian sex morality
P) do some amnesties, overturn wrong conditions, clean up the "arcxn field"
Q) If there is no such thing as superpower - refunds. If there is, and it works, release it.
R)get rid of those ridiculous memorization drills
S) revise the GAT so it made sense and gets results.
T) Get Tom a new GF (poor guy)
U) get some better accomos for staff, real food and make rice and beans toast, no more stacking them into dorms like sardines
V) Get rid of the manditory 6 months checks - make them optional if the person was keeping his nose clean and doing a standard job
W) Get rid of crush reging, management by only stats, short term goals etc
X) embrace the Xenu story and promote the heck out of "find out your past lives"
Y) Y not? If it could be made non-toxic and actually helpfull, it could be a good thing
Z) Undeclare SP's like myself who want to fix the system - only if it could actually deliver worthwhile products, and the abusive policies could be banned forever to prevent it ( the toxic church) from reappearing.

God - I keep thinking of more. I'm going to shift my attention away from ...this.... area..... of .....BPC.... NOW!

Mimsey

Danger Mouse

Patron with Honors
If I were the COB, I'd... buy a Bluebird mobile home and find a nice secluded place to hide out!

(History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.)

If I were COB I would (in no particular order):
A) man up a research project to see what processes worked, which did not.
B) revise the pay / hours for all staff
C) work out an award plan so IAS members / ideal org doners would get credited cash awards, transferred to the local orgs towards that person(family's) training / processing. They could do the bridge and cash would flow into the org.
D) Produce a few cool video games that would interest teens, twenety somethings and get them going to the church site to play the game
E) Release lots of tapes on the Church site for free easy down load.
F) Make and release lots of You Tube videos on trs, metering, basic process, assists etc and encourage people to do them
G) Do some truthing about past leaders and the lies they told.
H) Fill up the Idle orgs
I) depending on how A) turned out, revise the bridge.
J) revamp the pricing
K) lose the RPF, The Hole, the inward facing spikes, the Sniper on the Hill
L) rebuild the mission network, fund the successfull mission holders that were trashed to rebuild their missions, help salvage Scientology
M) hire medical researchers to come up with a drug program that did work, and export it widely
N) Anger management for all staff
O) lose the uber puritian sex morality
P) do some amnesties, overturn wrong conditions, clean up the "arcxn field"
Q) If there is no such thing as superpower - refunds. If there is, and it works, release it.
R)get rid of those ridiculous memorization drills
S) revise the GAT so it made sense and gets results.
T) Get Tom a new GF (poor guy)
U) get some better accomos for staff, real food and make rice and beans toast, no more stacking them into dorms like sardines
V) Get rid of the manditory 6 months checks - make them optional if the person was keeping his nose clean and doing a standard job
W) Get rid of crush reging, management by only stats, short term goals etc
X) embrace the Xenu story and promote the heck out of "find out your past lives"
Y) Y not? If it could be made non-toxic and actually helpfull, it could be a good thing
Z) Undeclare SP's like myself who want to fix the system - only if it could actually deliver worthwhile products, and the abusive policies could be banned forever to prevent it ( the toxic church) from reappearing.

God - I keep thinking of more. I'm going to shift my attention away from ...this.... area..... of .....BPC.... NOW!

Mimsey

And before long I'm pretty sure you'd be slapping people.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, according to the account in Wright's book, DM was taking steroids along with his asthma meds as a teen. AND believed he was a past life clear.
AND exhibited misogyny early on.

Some people even thought Maximilian Robespierre was "a necessary functionary".
That ended badly as well.

steroids as used above for asthma would be prednisone - a potent antiinflammatory that if you take it for a long time changes every organ in your body for the worse especially your heart.

And before long I'm pretty sure you'd be slapping people.

The Anabaptist Jacques
Gee. Thanks for the positive attitude. Is that the fate of all guru's, leaders? I don't recall seeing Michelle Obama with signs of abuse. Perhaps I haven't waited long enough?

Mimsey