ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Ignore! Ignore! Ignore!!!

Discussion in 'ESMB Public Announcements' started by Emma, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Hey man - status is status.

2. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Hey Schwimmey,
    Thanks so much for pointing me to that wonderful Douglas Adams story.
    I absolutely loved it. :)
    Cheers, Panda.

3. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Your'e welcome Panda! :)

As you will undoubtedly have noticed, I'm a staunch, if not rabid, believer in the fundamental interconnectedness of all things, as represented in the Holistic Worldview. A belief I unashamedly hammer, cajole and PDH down the throaths of all and sundry.

Douglas Adams will save your soul and have you howling from laugther doing it! - He has created the remedy!

A remedy Hubbard accidentally alluded to, allthough he deftly avoided to mention it outright:

"Therefore we really do have the remedy before the assault weapon is produced. Did you ever read poor old George Orwell's uh.. 1984? Yes, yes, that's wonderful. That would be, could be, the palest imagined shadow of what a world would be like under the rule of the secret use of Scientology with no remedy in existence." (L.Ron Hubbard)

:yes:

4. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Yikes! For a long time I've been saying 1984 was Ron's blueprint for the scientology world he was trying to create.

This is the closest I've seen to Ron admitting that this is the case! :omg:

He often, like a true magician, put the obvious right under our noses and then distracted us or said it wasn't there. This is an example - he says a worse than 1984 style world would exist if there was a secret use of Scn, but failed to mention that he was developing a secret use of Scn (the GO/OSA, suggestion/evaluation/brainwashing, black scn, etc). Then proceeded with the now you see it, now you don't, prestidigitation of fair game, disconnection, etc.

Here is Ron actually covertly admitting he is using Orwell's ideas! :omg:

5. byte301

byte301 Crusader

I wonder if revealing who is the most ignored poster on this board would be in our best interest.

I know a couple of posters who would take great pride in this title and it would spur them on to be even MOAR obnoxious!

I would be tickled to be the #1 ignored poster on a couple of other boards I frequent. :yes:

6. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Yes. and that quote has a rather interesting revison history. Looks like DM didn't like it! - This link to Terrils post about it.
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=215977&postcount=53

:yes:

7. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

I can see Poodleboy slapping his forehead as he realizes 'Oh shit! It's supposed to be *secret*. Ron said so!!! Quick, cut that out!'

Zinj

8. airhead

airhead Patron with Honors

????

This thread is full of emptyheaded posts.

Sorry... couldn't resist. I don't think I had enough FPRD.

:confused2:

9. HCObringOrder?

HCObringOrder? Silver Meritorious Patron

I just put Emma on Ignore.

Is that a mistake??? :confused2:

jk Emma :biglove:

10. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Crusader

11. HCObringOrder?

12. HCObringOrder?

Oh, and the image of the application... a person in a strait jacket, or poor Lisa M.

13. HCObringOrder?

Or Paulette Cooper.

14. Rmack

Rmack Van Allen Belt Sunbather

You might want to take the words of Don Corleone to heart before you implement an ignore list;

'Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer'

Why would you want to not know about someone who was dissin' you to people who don't have him on their ignore list? stupid.

15. justaguy

justaguy Patron Meritorious

Sometimes you just don't care, y'know? Hopefully if the person's wrong then all they're doing is making themselves look stupid.

16. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Bump. It's the same with the new board. Just click on the person's avatar, then click ignore. It's easy. Or do what I do - drink!

17. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

I'll drink to that!

Emma likes this.
  18. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

OMG - what a great thread!

The Classic ESMB Threads are Pure Gold.

Emma likes this.
  19. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Wow. What a trip down memory lane to see all these former posters. Really. Thanks.

Paul

Operating DB and Emma like this.
  20. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Yeah fun times. Then 2010 happened.

Enthetan and Alanzo like this.