What's new

Ignore! Ignore! Ignore!!!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Ignoring members

I've had a few questions lately about how to put someone on ignore. I admit it was a little tricky to find. You had to go to the persons's profile page to find the "ignore" button.

So I've made it a little easier for you.

All you have to do now when you see a post from someone you want to place on your ignore list is to click on their name and a drop down menu will appear. One of the options is to add this member to your ignore list.

Ignoring threads

You can now put a whole thread on ignore if you want to. This will stop the thread from appearing in your "new posts" and "todays posts" searches.

To use this feature you need to be in the actual thread. Once in the thread click on the "thread tools" button and a drop down menu will appear. On this menu this icon
ignore.gif
will appear that will allow you to add that thread to your ignored threads list. If in the future you want to take a thread off ignore you can find your ignored thread list in your "User CP".

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ignoring members

I've had a few questions lately about how to put someone on ignore. I admit it was a little tricky to find. You had to go to the persons's profile page to find the "ignore" button.

So I've made it a little easier for you.

All you have to do now when you see a post from someone you want to place on your ignore list is to click on their name and a drop down menu will appear. One of the options is to add this member to your ignore list.

Ignoring threads

You can now put a whole thread on ignore if you want to. This will stop the thread from appearing in your "new posts" and "todays posts" searches.

To use this feature you need to be in the actual thread. Once in the thread click on the "thread tools" button and a drop down menu will appear. On this menu this icon
ignore.gif
will appear that will allow you to add that thread to your ignored threads list. If in the future you want to take a thread off ignore you can find your ignored thread list in your "User CP".

OK, you're on my ignore list. Just kidding :clap: You knew this was coming didn't you. We xxxxxx's are funny.

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors
You can not add yourself to your own ignore list, but you can add yourself to your own buddy list.

So, you can be your own buddy if you want but not your own enemy.

Makes sense - kind of.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Don't bother Alanzo - no one is listening. We've ALL got you on ignore. :)

Ax
I wonder if there might be an opportunity to create a new source of status here: the poster who is placed on ignore by the greatest number of ESMBers.

Emma, is it possible to publish this statistic?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I wonder if there might be an opportunity to create a new source of status here: the poster who is placed on ignore by the greatest number of ESMBers.

Are YOU sure you wanna know?? :p

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Are YOU sure you wanna know?? :p

That would really be an interesting item, Emma. Do you actually have that data easily available? Say the top ten of who's most Ignored. No need to post who is doing the ignoring. I recently cleaned out my own Ignore list - it contained Pitbull and Martini, among others. Right now it's empty, although I get tempted sometimes.

Posting such a list might cause some changes for the better.

Paul

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

But surely this would be a negative status? A sort of 'most reviled'.

Not something to aspire to surely? :unsure:

Are you that status-hungry Alanzo, that you really want to be the 'winner' of this one? :ohmy:

Ax

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
When you put someone on ignore you won't see his posts. You will only see a 'post' saying so and so is on your ignore list.

But 'he' won't know that!

I suggest this little message in response:

"I know that you are on my Ignore list! - Why do you persist in telling me!!??"

Don't use 'ignore' without doing your homework! Here's a link to some crucial data about ignoring: Maggie and Trudie by Douglas Adams

:yes:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
When you put someone on ignore you won't see his posts. You will only see a 'post' saying so and so is on your ignore list.

But 'he' won't know that!

Wouldn't he know if he tried to PM you? Isn't there some sort of automated notice like "He's got you on Ignore, dickhead - you can't PM him."?

Paul