What's new

I'm a Kiwi ex-scn

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Hi

I've been out for 25 years and it's taken this long for me to really get my head around what I went through really. It was a pretty horrific time after and it still haunts me.

I was in Sydney for 5 years as an auditor and I did some things that I'm a bit ashamed of now, but that's what happens when you think you are doing the right thing.

I don't know if I think it should be banned. I'm all for relgious freedom and if this stuff helps people then that's good but it's just that there will always be screwed up people attracted to something like scn and they influence what goes on. Especially people who get into power. It's a known fact that people can do terrible things to other people when they've been given some power.

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi

I've been out for 25 years and it's taken this long for me to really get my head around what I went through really. It was a pretty horrific time after and it still haunts me.

I was in Sydney for 5 years as an auditor and I did some things that I'm a bit ashamed of now, but that's what happens when you think you are doing the right thing.

I don't know if I think it should be banned. I'm all for relgious freedom and if this stuff helps people then that's good but it's just that there will always be screwed up people attracted to something like scn and they influence what goes on. Especially people who get into power. It's a known fact that people can do terrible things to other people when they've been given some power.

I too have experienced good within Scientology. I think it's these experiences that allow us to convince ourselves that it's therefore all good, or that the good is only to be found in Scientology.

However, I've experienced even better outside Scientology.

Anything that asks you to deny your own truth (regardless of what is written about this matter) so as to really fit into the group is a sure sign that you have trouble ahead if you persist down that path.

I can understand what attracted you to Scientology, but I'm glad you are out. :)

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Yeah thanks - I so am too. T:happydance: his has gone into the wrong category - it's meant to be in Australia & NZ! Don't know how that happened.

've been doing some study for Uni on cults etc, which has made me look into scn from a different veiwpoint really. The time I was in scn in Sydney there were some pretty heavy people there, and it was the time when something was happening at Flag with David Mayo. I think he was kicked out and then everyone was treated like a suspect or a plant and we were all being sec checked. Some of us thought we had been PDH'ed at night by aliens and we plants even though we weren't. We didn't know what was going on or what would come up when you were on the cans! It was a terrible time and terrible things happened to people's minds.

I'm so glad I got out when I did.

DartSmohen

Hi

Then you probably knew all the "usual suspects", Steve Stevens, The Bloomberg kids, Martin Bently & Lia, That old crone Phyll Stevens, Harry & Pat,

I was out there in 1981. Knew them all from before.

Neo

I am only now learning about those times. From the internet. Which the church wont allow Scios to look at (I wonder why?). NO mention of what took place during this period ever within the church. Everything is PR. What was done by the church was good, and what was done by others was bad.

It was such an eye opener when I started to learn about this period of time in the church's history (mid 70s - mid 80s).

How's the uni course going?

:)

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Hey - that was my time!

I was there when Phyl was CO. Steve Stevens was on his 3rd or 4th wife, and Harry & Pat lived with us for a while with David while the Sea Org building was being bought. Actually, Phyl was one of the main people who wanted sec checking to be done all the time

I was terrified of Phyl & Steve. I remember all of those people. Ethel was a good lady. I had to be sent to an Ethics hearing because stats were down while I was the CS. She said to plead guilty to eveything and I'd get off. They couldn't afford to put me into the RPF because there was no one else trained up to do the job!

I loved Harry. Pat was a bit of an ogre though, but Harry was great.

Were you in Sydney on day staff? Send me a PM if you like!

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Hey I don't wonder why it was all such a secret. We were doing some pretty bad things. Auditing people who shouldn't have been audited if you checked Ron's policy on pcs. Like one guy who was addicted to getting prostitutes to nail his feet to pieces of wood. It was the only thing that would turn him on. Another guy who was molesting his little nieces but I still had to audit him. Another guy who was a compulsive peeping tom. They should have been routed off-line but they had $$ to pay for auditing and muggins me didn't have enough courage to fight. Another guy who had this compusion to feel ladies up on the bus. All of these guys were sick sick sick. I don't know what I did for any of them at all really.....

It was a really really bad time.

Flag came over and heaps of people left. We had to M9 everything that came down from Flag. THen we'd get stuff that said the last policy wasn't from Ron it was from some subversive person (David Mayo?) and to ignore it and we'd all have to M9 that. It was M9 after M9.

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Hey I don't wonder why it was all such a secret. We were doing some pretty bad things. Auditing people who shouldn't have been audited if you checked Ron's policy on pcs. Like one guy who was addicted to getting prostitutes to nail his feet to pieces of wood. It was the only thing that would turn him on. Another guy who was molesting his little nieces but I still had to audit him. Another guy who was a compulsive peeping tom. They should have been routed off-line but they had $$ to pay for auditing and muggins me didn't have enough courage to fight. Another guy who had this compusion to feel ladies up on the bus. All of these guys were sick sick sick. I don't know what I did for any of them at all really.....

It was a really really bad time.

Flag came over and heaps of people left. We had to M9 everything that came down from Flag. THen we'd get stuff that said the last policy wasn't from Ron it was from some subversive person (David Mayo?) and to ignore it and we'd all have to M9 that. It was M9 after M9.

Ouch....you just gave me a bitter reminder of Sea Org life in the 80s. All was okay as long as stats were going up and PR looked good. Then once stats crash its off to search for the skapegoat.

I was at PAC, FLAG and Mexico to name a few places.... And it was the same all over. I have been out since 1985. Sounds like we left around the same time. :thumbsup: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Is it normal to only really be able to deal with this stuff 25 years later? I mean 25 years! You'd think it would have all dried up and gone away but I'm finding stuff I didn't even know was there and how bad it was. I don't think I've had the time to look and now that my kids are getting older I can look and see what went on and how bad it was.

I also think I blamed myself. I knew I shouldn't have been auditing these guys but when you get orders from above to GET THE STATS UP and you've got sickos lining up with cash in their back pockets what can you do? If I didn't accept these pcs i wouldn't have any hours up that week and we all know what that meant.....

duddins

Patron Meritorious
I will just keep coming and coming the more you read and are reminded of. I could not believe what I had stored up! We have parallel situations. My youngest (twins) are 15. Now that they are older I can resolve some of my former life. They dont like my computer hogging but.....oh well!

It is good to have you here Once Bitten!:)

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
It is good to have you here Once Bitten!:)

Thanks. It's such a relief to be able to joke about it and have people who understand the joke! It's very theraputic.

Can't seem to stay away!