What's new

I'm done

TG1

Angelic Poster
Thank you Emma, whomever you are. Great service you provided!

I'm fairly new but I'd be willing keep it alive, and cover the costs. That is if I prove myself over the next 6 months that my intentions are good.

However I would want to make the following changes:

- Close the site from public access/viewing and limit it to the current membership base.

- With the help of the current forum members, purge out possible or probable OSA user accounts.

- Only allow new members who have left CoS using a submission process whereby all forum members can vote to allow the incoming member based on their own collective intel of the ex-CoS incoming request.

- Probable server move to more 'cooperative' country and more database security measures.

These four points might seem odd and I know this forum does offer great value to the general public. But there is also value in having 'safe haven' for CoS victims without the OSA present to re-victimize them. It's not ideal, but better than no venue at all.

That being said, I guess it's just as easy to start a brand new forum and invite people over based on the same approach. It's just nice though to retain the database of current threads and user accounts and ideally the domain name.

Thanks again for creating this forum. One person can handle only so much weight and stress. Go sit down, take your shoes off, and enjoy the freedom. David will be arrested within one year anyway, mark my words. $100 bet to anyone. And I gamble based on intel, not hunches.

Lawrence?

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Okay, I've calmed down now. Those proposals were just so nutty. Suspiciously nutty at that.

Anyway, as far as fears of OSA are concerned.....I'll just communicate the ESMB Battle Cry....FUCK OSA!!!!

They are afraid of us, not the other way around. :thumbsup:

Yup. And I think that anyone who comes here knows that OSA reads things. They will change details of their life, dates, times, places. Anyone who knows enough to be afraid knows enough to do this.

Oh, and....

FUCK YOU OSA!!!!!​

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Also- not that I'd fault anyone for that- it appears that Emma is not done.

Yeah I'm still done, but I've calmed down enough to realise I can't just walk away and dump the board with Mick and EC. There is still a lot to do before I'm comfortable that I haven't handed over a bloody mess.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Yeah I'm still done, but I've calmed down enough to realise I can't just walk away and dump the board with Mick and EC. There is still a lot to do before I'm comfortable that I haven't handed over a bloody mess.

It's great that you guys are working together to keep the board going and transition the whole thing successfully. Just imagine if the forum had not been here in recent days - it is probably one of the most important Scientology resources on the internet.

You've created a monster in a good way!

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Yeah, well, Katie went and dumped the Cruise Missile with the express purpose of fucking up your life. :p

RBMM

Patron
How would making this board private and limited to the current userbase be a good thing?

I didn't mean it like that. Sorry. I even said my idea was not ideal, thus I realize the flaws in my idea. I don't claim to be perfect, I was only thinking of the following:

- If the forum appears to be nearing its total end, then I thought at least I could at least keep the current people together somehow. Sort of like if a local city club closes, at least the members can still keep in touch.

- I am fully aware of the pressures, strains, fears, dangers imposed by the church upon those who are anti-church. Do you think I want to deal with that same stuff Emma dealt with? No. So having it as a closed forum at least takes the spotlight away as it disappears from the search engines, etc. Minimizing my stress as well.

- The posts and threads are certainly valuable for the public, but I was only opting and thinking about keeping the members connected. Do both aspects have to be present in order for me to deemed as being ethical?

- From what I read on this forum, many here do not like the presence of trolls, and thus the reason for purging those accounts. I thought I was being respectful by taking that into considering.

Anyway, I had zero intentions of pissing anybody off. Just ignore the request then. It appears my posts as of late are upsetting a few and I certainly didn't have that intention and I know it's not good to stick around where I am not wanted.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Oh, people always get upset and pissed off. Any board.Not just this board, not just ones about Scn.

Especially if you're not vanilla. Do anything to get noticed, and you'll garner a number of different reactions.

Lone Star

Crusader
I didn't mean it like that. Sorry. I even said my idea was not ideal, thus I realize the flaws in my idea. I don't claim to be perfect, I was only thinking of the following:

- If the forum appears to be nearing its total end, then I thought at least I could at least keep the current people together somehow. Sort of like if a local city club closes, at least the members can still keep in touch.

- I am fully aware of the pressures, strains, fears, dangers imposed by the church upon those who are anti-church. Do you think I want to deal with that same stuff Emma dealt with? No. So having it as a closed forum at least takes the spotlight away as it disappears from the search engines, etc. Minimizing my stress as well.

- The posts and threads are certainly valuable for the public, but I was only opting and thinking about keeping the members connected. Do both aspects have to be present in order for me to deemed as being ethical?

- From what I read on this forum, many here do not like the presence of trolls, and thus the reason for purging those accounts. I thought I was being respectful by taking that into considering.

Anyway, I had zero intentions of pissing anybody off. Just ignore the request then. It appears my posts as of late are upsetting a few and I certainly didn't have that intention and I know it's not good to stick around where I am not wanted.

This forum is not nearing its end. What gives you that idea? About three forths of what you said makes no sense, and that's probably a conservative estimate. Lurk moar. Get a better understanding of ESMB.

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
Stick around.

Lurk moar.

Read the ex's stories here.

Think before posting.

If you put up an idea that gets response, interact with us.

Don't just pull up all your marbles and leave if you get an energetic rejection of your idea. Sometimes there will be positive, sometimes negative. Unless, of course, you really are a troll...

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
A
This forum is not nearing its end. What gives you that idea? About three forths of what you said makes no sense, and that's probably a conservative estimate. Lurk moar. Get a better understanding of ESMB.

Yeah, lurk moar and don't think you're not wanted. You've made a few valuable points and the remote viewing stuff was a bit interesting.

Thing is, Scientology watching is not a game for namby-pamby panty waist dilettantes. It's not something you can pick up in an afternoon or week or even a year. 90% of what you say, we already knew about. Some of it deserves to be rehashed for the benefit of the lurkers we picked up over the TomKat drama. And for the lurkers we pick up with each passing flap.

LYou ever lived in a foreign country? You get off the plane and everyone knows you're a tourist. After a few months, you blend in with the surroundings, but you still have an accent and some foreign quirks. A few years later, you're "one of them". That's the best way to understand ESMB and Scientology watching generally.

So yeah, don't feel like you're being driven off. Just try to assimilate a bit better and your early social blunders will be forgiven and forgotten.

:carryon:

Purple Rain

Crusader

I really liked your introduction. I thought it was funny and quirky. I didn't know what to make of your other posts. Everybody has misunderstandings and makes mistakes from time to time, or leaps to conclusions, or says things they regret. I have done this more often than most. On the whole people here do not seem to hold grudges. This board can be a lot of fun. I wouldn't give up yet. If you don't feel this is for you, though, then best of luck for the future.

HAPInoose

Patron
Emma

I'm so sad to hear you've gone thru personal attacks... it's despicable but with all things internet... not surprising. For me... you are a complete star and hero. The amount I've learned from all these discussions, filled in pieces of the past etc has been emotionally priceless!!! There is "No One" I know in my current life who could understand the minutae of Scio experience... but here there are and that is ultimately your .... godsend. Thank You :kiss:

That said... if you're ever on the other side of the world and in need of a drink... it's my round but your paying...:run::kangaroo:

You are a star... x

looker

Patron Meritorious
Well I m only round here 1/4 the time just to check in.. I really loved my friends in the old days of Scientology for that I thank you over and over Emma. Great people bad cult.

ESMB gave me a new chance to reconnect and find new friends.

I try to stay out of the spitz and spatz cause I have stuff to do and Sptz and spatz dont really relate to me I was out over 30 years ago. I wasnt there when it all happened. SO, I have no reality.

Any way there are those birds who dip in and dip out and those who wish to learn and those who wish to justify, and those who want to be king. I'm just a looker..and a listener :cheers:

RBMM

Patron
I just popped back in to disable the email notifications on my account and change my account email.

A final clarification.... when I referenced a server move to a more 'cooperative' country I was referring to certain countries where it much more difficult for a site to be closed down as a result of possible legal action against it. Without going into the details... compare to sites like Wikileaks or certain torrent sites.

I leave you with a quote from some close friends of mine:

"Free your mind and your ass will follow" - PFunk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQFGkGk4PSc

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
Damn it.

Now we have to find another bass player again.

Last edited:

R6Basic

Patron Meritorious
<snip>

- Close the site from public access/viewing and limit it to the current membership base.

- With the help of the current forum members, purge out possible or probable OSA user accounts.

- Only allow new members who have left CoS using a submission process whereby all forum members can vote to allow the incoming member based on their own collective intel of the ex-CoS incoming request.

<snip>

The first thing I thought of when I read this was "how would that make us any different the the cult?" They seem to be afraid of any new people who show up at their door and even creep new people out by their behavior.

Also if I had to go through a submission process when I first showed up I wouldn't have started posting here at all. (that might have been a good thing since I have little to contribute anyway) :)

It is a funny thing, but I have a tendency to log into ESMB as daily habit and get a bit anxious if I don't. I am in a very real sense addicted.

Now it is not necessarily a bad addiction, but right now I am supposed to be sketching out an essay on Ezra Pound and Imagism. But here I am bearing my soul.

The board being down and my resulting undertone of anxiety brought it home to me that I need to change this, I accept that I am an addictive personality, but I am sure that I need to wean myself off of the need to stay connected to the who engrossing scientology game even though I have changed teams, it is still same essential 'need' that is being fed by this maintained connection.

I was just thinking about this, I am passionate about the T.S. Eliots, the Ezra Pounds, Yeats, Brezeska, Vorticism and the whole modernist movement. once I get the money and another book out of the way I aim to do my MA in Medieval and Renaissance studies.

So what the fuck am I doing faffing around within the ruins of my former life in a nutty cult run by a psychopathic midget?

I suppose it is at least in part the same reason that once successful family men and women sleep in cold damp doorways and give blow jobs to perverts in order to pay for their next fix.

I am still trying figure this 'need' thing out.

Ethercat marked the moment of my exiting Scientology, maybe she will now mark my exiting the more peripheral yet no less seductive ex-scientology movement?

OOOOOOH!!! John called us seductive!!! :giggle: :kiss: :cloud9:

NxdBSC

Patron
I have been lurking on this board for quite some time. I'm happy to say I finally registered. Emma, I have read many of your posts, and have appreciated your dedication.