What's new

I'm done

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Well I m only round here 1/4 the time just to check in.. I really loved my friends in the old days of Scientology for that I thank you over and over Emma. Great people bad cult.

ESMB gave me a new chance to reconnect and find new friends.

I try to stay out of the spitz and spatz cause I have stuff to do and Sptz and spatz dont really relate to me I was out over 30 years ago. I wasnt there when it all happened. SO, I have no reality.

Any way there are those birds who dip in and dip out and those who wish to learn and those who wish to justify, and those who want to be king. I'm just a looker..and a listener :cheers:

"Any way there are those birds who dip in and dip out and those who wish to learn and those who wish to justify, and those who want to be king. I'm just a looker.and a listener" -
I like that so well as it sums up my POV as well.
I want to back off and just be a distant observer I as I didn't just leave the structure of the organization, I frantically escaped to have nothing more to do with some of the personality types that inhabited the structure, those very types who empowered the lunatic.
Yet I've still found myself drawn into the fray of participation and comment even though my departure from all things Scilon was over 30 yrs. ago as well and I've barely ever paid attention to any of it as the years have gone by for both the sake of my own happiness as well as sanity.
For some of us it just isn't worth jumping back in and frolicking in their exodus as it requires rubbing elbows with those still of a Scilon mindset which truly takes many years to purge oneself of.
Some brilliant minds though with an awful lot of interesting things to say on this board so it's every bit as addictive as any of the soap operas that kept my mother hypnotized when I was growing up... :biggrin:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Just sayin'

I'm a tiny bit psychic. I can sometimes tell what's going to happen. Not always, but sometimes.

Another example:

When I was in 4th grade, I spent the whole year worrying that the roof might cave in. If figured I was imagining things. So, figuring this, I never said anything.

That summer the roof caved in. The school had to be torn down.

PS#4 Albany, NY. For real.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Re: Just sayin'

I'm a tiny bit psychic. I can sometimes tell what's going to happen. Not always, but sometimes.

Another example:

When I was in 4th grade, I spent the whole year worrying that the roof might cave in. If figured I was imagining things. So, figuring this, I never said anything.

That summer the roof caved in. The school had to be torn down.

PS#4 Albany, NY. For real.

I posted most of this elsewhere but it's worth pasting it here.
I recently had been feeling that I need to get a new vehicle when I never feel that was as I love mine and it still has low miles so this happens this weekend:
I posted - "Just for one, try having a raccoon climb into your vehicle through the ac system because you'd hauled away his mate in a live trap earlier that day as they'd been raiding your orchard. He apparently saw me drive away with his pal when I drove far enough away to let it go.
Later as I was driving across a gigantic high span bridge it panicked, trapped in my dash and started kicking violently to where I thought the dash was going to explode in my face like I had a bomb going off. He must have got tangled in some wiring and died as I can't run my ac without a hideous wining sound and you can smell the stench from his rotting carcass for a block. Had he been successful in breaking out of my dash he would have ended up in my lap as I tooled along at 55mph on a ten story high span crossing the Caloosahatchie River in Ft. Myers, FL. I had to put on an actual Israeli surplus gas mask to get near the vehicle, remove all my stuff and move in further from the house. It WAS a nice vehicle too, a Toyota 4-Runner Sport Package with 4WD and now I can't imagine driving the vehicle ever again! Now who's had a weirder day? Do I win the award? What is it???? Oh, goodie, goodie!!! :dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Last time this came up, I came to believe that a "group of moderators" was going to take over the running of ESMB so we wouldn't lose the resources, and Emma would have her freedom.

I can understand the reasoning. There have been shit-fights between people, both of whom I would regard as "friends", and I certainly hope there is no one on ESMB whom I have directly insulted.

I admit that I would like ESMB to last long enough to see the result of the Jan Eastgate trial.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
You've obviously been out of the loop for a while, RPX. The future of ESMB is assured (as far as such things are possible) and the Jan Eastgate "trial" ain't happening, the charges were dropped.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
"Any way there are those birds who dip in and dip out and those who wish to learn and those who wish to justify, and those who want to be king. I'm just a looker.and a listener" -
I like that so well as it sums up my POV as well.
I want to back off and just be a distant observer I as I didn't just leave the structure of the organization, I frantically escaped to have nothing more to do with some of the personality types that inhabited the structure, those very types who empowered the lunatic.
Yet I've still found myself drawn into the fray of participation and comment even though my departure from all things Scilon was over 30 yrs. ago as well and I've barely ever paid attention to any of it as the years have gone by for both the sake of my own happiness as well as sanity.
For some of us it just isn't worth jumping back in and frolicking in their exodus as it requires rubbing elbows with those still of a Scilon mindset which truly takes many years to purge oneself of.
Some brilliant minds though with an awful lot of interesting things to say on this board so it's every bit as addictive as any of the soap operas that kept my mother hypnotized when I was growing up... :biggrin:

You win, hands down. OMG! Sounds simply nightmarish!

It's way off thread, but what the hell. I have a odd little story that might be interesting on the subject of raccoons. One time I was working on a writing project with another scriptwriter and staying at a house that I was given a few month's use of kind of as a favor. Not my house, not a lease. I just had to take care of it.

Anyways, day in and out we worked on that script and there were very odd sounds coming thru the walls every so often. We finally figured out that raccoons had gotten into the walls of this lovely house.

After some days it grew intolerable with the "kicking" and "clawing" very close to where we worked--but only at certain times of day,we began to realize.

I called an professional extermination company and they did the big inspection and confirmed that we were infested with multiple raccoons which would end up dying in the walls and making the house uninhabitable (stench, et al). This was something I had to take care of right away at my own expense and I didn't have much money at that time, so I just sort of gulped and asked how much it would cost.

The "tech" that was to be employed was to break HOLES in the walls and set traps and hope to catch all of them eventually. It sounded reasonable until I realized that there was no limit on the number of big holes and destroyed walls in this home--with no guarantee of fixing the problem. The contract was just a "best efforts" attempt.

Aside from the huge sum to come and set traps and visit to service the traps and set new ones there would be the additional massive expense of fixing all the walls in the home which I simply could not afford. What to do?

My writing partner was a very smart fellow and he said we could fix the problem without the professionals. (Sorry this story is going a lot longer than I thought it would but there's no turning back now! LOL)

My friend walked around the outside of the house and figured out that the raccoons came in near sunset each day for the night.

He took some of our writing paper and taped it over the many "access" points around the big homes exterior where they might be coming in.

For the next few days we would inspect the paper and find which sheets had been broken (where they had entered). So we'd just put some rocks in front of that place, denying them entry at that particular location.

In a couple days all the entry points had been covered up by rocks.

End of problem.

SAVINGS = THOUSANDS.

OUR COST = ZERO.

Well actually our cost was a couple dozen sheets of screenplay notes that we had already thrown in the garbage.

So much for professionals and their "tech". LOL

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
You've obviously been out of the loop for a while, RPX. The future of ESMB is assured (as far as such things are possible) and the Jan Eastgate "trial" ain't happening, the charges were dropped.

If you think I've been slack here, you should check out my FaceBook activity---I'm thinking of the closing my account.

As for the news about Jan Eastgate, I am forced to resort to the rudest word in the Galaxy which can be safely used here because no one on Earth knows what it means:

BELGIUM!

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

I never had any doubt that ESMB wasn't going to go away. It was so obvious to me that it wouldn't.

BardoThodol

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Just sayin'

I posted most of this elsewhere but it's worth pasting it here.
I recently had been feeling that I need to get a new vehicle when I never feel that was as I love mine and it still has low miles so this happens this weekend:
I posted - "Just for one, try having a raccoon climb into your vehicle through the ac system because you'd hauled away his mate in a live trap earlier that day as they'd been raiding your orchard. He apparently saw me drive away with his pal when I drove far enough away to let it go.
Later as I was driving across a gigantic high span bridge it panicked, trapped in my dash and started kicking violently to where I thought the dash was going to explode in my face like I had a bomb going off. He must have got tangled in some wiring and died as I can't run my ac without a hideous wining sound and you can smell the stench from his rotting carcass for a block. Had he been successful in breaking out of my dash he would have ended up in my lap as I tooled along at 55mph on a ten story high span crossing the Caloosahatchie River in Ft. Myers, FL. I had to put on an actual Israeli surplus gas mask to get near the vehicle, remove all my stuff and move in further from the house. It WAS a nice vehicle too, a Toyota 4-Runner Sport Package with 4WD and now I can't imagine driving the vehicle ever again! Now who's had a weirder day? Do I win the award? What is it???? Oh, goodie, goodie!!! :dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing:

Raccoons. Here's a favorite house warming story.

We had just moved into this house after having it built in '96. I heard this noise on the deck, and figured some wild animals were up to no good as our yard butts against a woodland.

I grabbed a practice sword I'd been using earlier and opened the back door. There were two huge (maybe 40 lbs ) raccoons rummaging around just feet from me, making a huge mess.

"Get the fuck out of here," I growled, brandishing the practice sword.

They both turn around and looked at me like I'm an idiot. Sort of like, "if this fool doesn't get his dumb self back in that house pretty soon, we're gonna kick the shit out of him and shove that sword up his memory lane.

They were just so completely unconcerned.

I just started laughing.

Putting up my hands in concession, I sort of said, "Okay, guys. Have it your way. I'll just clean up after you in the morning."

We've been feeding baby coons every summer for the past sixteen years.

HAPInoose

Patron
Who couldn't love ESMB? To be able to go from Emma's understandable initial premise to Racoons within a few (42) pages and still make cogent logic is to me testament of a good thing happening... :thumbsup:

Freeloader Bill

This is the first thread that i have opened (with exception to the welcome thread) and now that I have finally found this site I see it is due to close in October!! :unsure: That's a shame for me but I can understand the reasons. I will have to make the most of my time here for the short time this site remains then and be glad it is early September and not the end of theat month. Cheers, Bill.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is the first thread that i have opened (with exception to the welcome thread) and now that I have finally found this site I see it is due to close in October!! :unsure: That's a shame for me but I can understand the reasons. I will have to make the most of my time here for the short time this site remains then and be glad it is early September and not the end of theat month. Cheers, Bill.

Freeloader Bill, Hi :wave: and :welcome2: - and Emma is done, but not ESMB.
:happydance:

It is going on under new hands - Well old hands - at being ex-scno, that is. Don't worry !

At least as far as I know, ESMB is continuing onward . . . :unsure: :confused2:

Right people?

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm confused. Is ESMB staying open or not? Is this a question of personnel or a question of money or a question of something else? I seem to have been hearing this story now for a long time.

Given the history of comparable sites (but let's not go into that) I think it is important to keep ESMB running. It is not like any other site on the Web that I know of and I owe it.

If it is a question of running costs, why not do what WWP does and run a monthly donation scheme? I'm sure a few of us would be able to contribute.

That Emma wants to be less involved is not surprising but I think campaigning against scientology is like a virus. It goes dormant, and you think you're cured, and then whammo! it starts up again.

ESMB is probably one of the most important anti-Scientology resources on the internet.

fify

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I'm confused. Is ESMB staying open or not? Is this a question of personnel or a question of money or a question of something else? I seem to have been hearing this story now for a long time.

Given the history of comparable sites (but let's not go into that) I think it is important to keep ESMB running. It is not like any other site on the Web that I know of and I owe it.

If it is a question of running costs, why not do what WWP does and run a monthly donation scheme? I'm sure a few of us would be able to contribute.

That Emma wants to be less involved is not surprising but I think campaigning against scientology is like a virus. It goes dormant, and you think you're cured, and then whammo! it starts up again.

EtherCat and Mick have gotten on the horses, don't think they'll be slowing down anytime soon, the dear Emma-ness gets to carry on her life in a less stressful manner, folks here get to carry on with what-ever is being carried on with, its all good!

:cheers:

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron

fify

ESMB is staying! I'll try and find the thread where this discussed...