What's new

I'm done

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I'm confused. Is ESMB staying open or not? Is this a question of personnel or a question of money or a question of something else? I seem to have been hearing this story now for a long time.

Given the history of comparable sites (but let's not go into that) I think it is important to keep ESMB running. It is not like any other site on the Web that I know of and I owe it.

If it is a question of running costs, why not do what WWP does and run a monthly donation scheme? I'm sure a few of us would be able to contribute.

That Emma wants to be less involved is not surprising but I think campaigning against scientology is like a virus. It goes dormant, and you think you're cured, and then whammo! it starts up again.

fify

It is staying.

Boomima

Patron with Honors
I'm confused. Is ESMB staying open or not? Is this a question of personnel or a question of money or a question of something else? I seem to have been hearing this story now for a long time.

Given the history of comparable sites (but let's not go into that) I think it is important to keep ESMB running. It is not like any other site on the Web that I know of and I owe it.

If it is a question of running costs, why not do what WWP does and run a monthly donation scheme? I'm sure a few of us would be able to contribute.

That Emma wants to be less involved is not surprising but I think campaigning against scientology is like a virus. It goes dormant, and you think you're cured, and then whammo! it starts up again.

fify
Ethercat and Mick are going to keep the flag flying. Emma's gonna be at the bar, watching and enjoying herself.

ethercat

Cat in flight

We'll be hittin' y'all up for money for the next year's hosting soon enough, don't you worry. Get your credit card ready.

:whistling:

TG1

Angelic Poster
No IAS-style regging, please.

Just put the flag up when bucks are needed. Take it down when the coffee pot's full.

:)

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
No IAS-style regging, please.

Just put the flag up when bucks are needed. Take it down when the coffee pot's full.

:)

Yeah I don't feel so good when I'm locked in a room, verbally insulted and forced to stay until I materialise wads of cash. Makes me a panicky. :melodramatic:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can we put a 'sticky' or announcement on the homepage to let folks know this place is not going away and explaining this thread? Newbies might not read all the pages, and it'd be kinda grand if they knew rather quickly that ESMB is going to be here...

I know when I was coming out, and totally fucked up... if I read this... three pages in, I might have given up. Maybe just me, but?????

PTS

Elliott
Can we somehow have a party for Emma? After creating such a good space she deserves a hug and a few brews.