What's new

I'm in awe of Freedom Magazine.

Feral

Rogue male
I really miss Freedom Magazine being sent to my door. I know OSA has been very interested in the threads on this board so will no doubt have the opportunity to correct the fact that I no longer get a hard copy of this fantastic publication.

I'm forced to get the webbed version and as I read it the words of Michael Gordon from OSA keep echoing in my head; "You can't believe what you read on the internet".

http://www.freedommag.org/

I'm glad that Freedom is a truly free minded publication and doesn't feel constrained by the rigors of even handed journalism or even by the the mandates of it's own mother church regarding communications and the tonescale.

While the Merchants of Chaos run riot in other publications promoting such "out KSW" activities as they see fit Freedom shoots down any one and everything which it sees as as a direct threat to the world which the CofS could and would create should the environmental suppression yield enough to let them get a foot in the door.

Freedom, I commend you for your dedication in protecting your interests, I'm absolutely certain you'll be up for a Pulitzer Prize as soon as the rest of the world catches up to your advanced standards and methodology. But perhaps there are some North Korean awards that you could vie for to help gain you some just deserved international recognition for your unfettered style and class.

Jim Lynch your star recruit, he's a real Journo, right? Well, don't worry, he'll never blow the whistle on you, even if he comes under heavy professional criticism for following Freedom's journalistic style, he'll let his career be destroyed while protecting his employer before doing anything as seedy as exposing his brief to a paying tabloid.

He has no conscience, now does he? Oops...link.

Yep, David Miscavige, I think you're in the clear, that's gotta help you sleep at nights, now doesn't it?

Last edited:

TG1

Angelic Poster
Feral,

Jim Lynch looks (to me) like he's on the verge of a heart attack. I don't think he's cut out for this long-term assignment of hauling his ass around the country, living in cheap motels, eating junk food 24-7, taking orders from Sci PIs.

Not to mention the stress that someone like him who (I assume) used to be a "real journalist" must feel at being the tool of the Church of Scientology. How in hell does he hold his head up in front of any old friends, he might still have. More stress there.

I appreciate that older journalists who are out of work these days are between a rock and a hard place. How do they make a living the way they used to, when newspapers are folding and TV is challenged by online outlets?

I dunno.

But there's gotta be a better solution than this.

The "good news" (for us) and "revenge" (against him) for this bad choice he's made is that all this video of him acting like a jackass is preserved forever online.

Actually, quite sad. Some legacy.

TG1

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
From Rathbun's blog today.

Ivan Garcia
Now, regarding this video below, the Three Stooges, Jim Lynch (Freedoom shill) (alleged former OC d/Sheriff thug) Jason (fresh from IOB) came by my house today. My parents were not home. I went out for a bite to eat and they followed me into a shopping center. As they were looking for me in the parking lot, they hit another car that was backing out. As they were exchanging information with the driver of the other car, I pulled up to check how they were doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qbikuWpDFA&feature=player_embedded

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Thanks for posting your excellent overview and the link to Freedom Mag.

Although quite familiar with it already, at your prompting I spent an hour looking aghast over that rabid attack site.

The policies of L. Ron Hubbard are a sociopathic abomination. Scientology is a criminal monstrosity.

Neither its founder nor his "scripture" have any place amongst civilized cultures or people of good will.

Scientology quite feebly attempts to cloak itself in the beloved word "freedom" but their lies & terrorism leave an indelible stench that make it impossible for them to hide.

Bury the decomposing, rotting corpse of Scientology, I say.

HelluvaHoax!

Wanna know a real-time example of how Scientology's deceit and hatred for the truth creates enemies for itself?

Since joining ESMB I have written over 7,500 posts exposing the criminal hoax called Scientology.

After taking a fresh look at the Freedom website today, my battery is fully recharged, my resolve intensified.

I am good to go for another 7,500 posts now, no problem!

Thanks, Scientology, for "rehabbing" my memory about what it means to be human and who you are exactly.

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks Feral.

Hats off to you I couldn't stomach reading any of the sh*t. So I appreciate you taking a hit for me... :lol:

That Lynch fellow is a piece of works and fits right in with the cult mentality. A perfect fit for a rag that sprews lies and deceit all in the name of Freedom.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Thanks Feral.

Hats off to you I couldn't stomach reading any of the sh*t. So I appreciate you taking a hit for me... :lol:

That Lynch fellow is a piece of works and fits right in with the cult mentality. A perfect fit for a rag that sprews lies and deceit all in the name of Freedom.

Me too, I'm not going there, not a good way to start the day. But that crap does need to see the light of day.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Freedom Magazine.

WWP: Jim Lynch, yet another veteran journalist who took the Scientologists' shilling. When I wrote about Lynch last October he was dissecting the Sun-Times Media Group for me as he'd gotten to know it as editor and publisher of its Naperville Sun from February 2006 to June 2008. When the STMG let him go, he moved to Florida and looked for work.

Lynch's story in Freedom is headlined, "An Outsider's View of Scientology in Clearwater / What happens when an independent journalist takes an objective look at St. Petersburg Times coverage of the Church of Scientology?"

Can you word-clear "conflict of interest" ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Magazine

Boojuum

The policies of L. Ron Hubbard are a sociopathic abomination. Scientology is a criminal monstrosity.

Neither its founder nor his "scripture" have any place amongst civilized cultures or people of good will.

Scientology quite feebly attempts to cloak itself in the beloved word "freedom" but their lies & terrorism leave an indelible stench that make it impossible for them to hide.

You are a word master. Very well said!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for posting your excellent overview and the link to Freedom Mag.

Although quite familiar with it already, at your prompting I spent an hour looking aghast over that rabid attack site.

Thank you very much for your success story.:thumbsup:

Would you like others to achieve the knowledge you now have?:biggrin:

HelluvaHoax!

Imagine for a moment all of the tens of thousands of star-rate checkouts, drills and clay demos Scientologists have done on their course room checksheets over the decades on spotting "Merchants of Chaos".

Boy oh boy, did Scientologists have the wins and gains and new ability to obnose Merchants of Chaos. For sure they can spot them!!! Yayyyy!!!

Small problem for Scientologists: L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology itself are Merchants of Chaos.

THE MERCHANTS OF CHAOS
By L. Ron Hubbard​

There are those who could be called “merchants of chaos.” These are people who want an environment to look very, very disturbing. These are people who gain some sort of advantage, they feel, if the environment is made to look more threatening.

An obvious example can be seen in newspapers. There are no good news stories. Newspapermen shove the environment in people’s faces and say, “Look! It’s dangerous. Look! It’s overwhelming. Look! It’s threatening.” They not only report the most threatening bits of news, but also sensationalize it, making it worse than it is. What more do you want as a proof of their intention? This is the merchant of chaos. He is paid to the degree that he can make the environment threatening. To yearn for good news is foolhardy in a society where the merchants of chaos reign.

The chaos merchant has lots of troops among people with vested interests.

And do not think it an accident that the current justice system will take a dangerous criminal, throw him into prison, make him more antisocial and more dangerous and then release him upon the society. The more crime, the more police are needed.

Ideas of this kind are found in the society to a marked degree. It isn’t just the newspaper reporter or the politician; individuals here and there also engage upon this.

A lot of people spend their whole lives as professional chaos merchants; they worry those around them to death. The percentage who do this may be as high as one out of four. For example, a housewife, operating as a merchant of chaos in her sphere of influence, thinks of her husband, “If I can just keep Henry worried enough, he will do what I tell him.” She operates on the idea that it is necessary to spread confusion and upset. But along with this goes a concern, “I wonder why Henry doesn’t get ahead?” Naturally, she is making him sick.

The truth of the matter, however, is this: the environment is not as dangerous, ever, as it is made to appear. Instead, tremendous numbers of people and vast amounts of money are manufacturing a dangerous environment. In fact, in the 1960s a huge proportion of the national budget of the United States was dedicated to atomic war. But if they hadn’t developed the threat, there would not have been one. The money that financed the horror was busy supporting the horror.

It is not to the advantage of those who get their income, appropriations or public interest from the amount of disturbance to make a peaceful environment.

A Calming Influence

Anything that tends to pacify or bring a calmed environment is resisted by the vested interest that backs a disturbed environment.

To the degree Scientology progresses in an area, the environment becomes calmer and calmer. Not less adventurous, but calmer. In other words, the potential hostile, unreachable, untouchable threat in the environment reduces. Somebody who knows more about himself, others and life, and who gets a better grip on situations, has less trouble in his environment. Even though it may only be reduced slightly, it is reduced.

Newspapers can have a depressing effect on a person.

Since they deal largely in bad news, they present a generally bleak picture of the world.

One can carry the bad news around with him and get a negatively distorted idea of his surroundings, which may, in reality, actually be quite calm.

Even somebody who has heard very little of Scientology has less turmoil in his environment. An individual, less threatened by the environment, tends to resurge. He gets less apathetic. He thinks he can do more about life. He can reach outward a little further; therefore he can exert a calming influence upon his immediate environment.

As that progressed forward, more and more individuals would be produced who could bring more and more calm to the environment or handle things better and better. It is only the things which aren’t handled which are chaotic. It would result in a situation where the threat of the environment would die out. This overwhelming, overpowering environment would be tamer and tamer. People would be less and less afraid. You would have more and more opportunity of handling the actual problems that exist instead of people dreaming up problems in order to make some money off of it. It would be a different society.

The merchant of chaos does not like calming influences, however. He will fight anything which lessens disturbance in the environment.

For example, a wife has her husband completely under her thumb. She keeps him worried and upset morning, noon and night.

If the husband now engages in some activity which brings more calmness to the environment, there will be repercussions from the wife. If he is less disturbed, he is less under her control. She would naturally fight the thing that was making her husband more calm.

Yet disturbance and chaos fold up in the face of truth. It is lies which keep the universe continuously disturbed. The introduction of truth into a society would produce a calmer environment with less disturbance and therefore less that could be swindled out of that society by merchants of chaos.

HelluvaHoax!

Thank you very much for your success story.:thumbsup:

Would you like others to achieve the knowledge you now have?:biggrin:

Why, yes! Thanks for asking!

SUCCESS STORY

This is the very first time since I first stepped on the Bridge
that I have achieved total certainty & knowingness about what
"Total Freedom" really means. I now have full conceptual
understanding thanks to Ron, mankind's greatest word clearer.

Total Freedom: -noun. 1. A perfected state of beingness, doingness and havingness that provides infinite capacity to play, win and derive indescribable pleasure from the game of life, for eternity. 2. A marketing slogan used to hide a criminal campaign of lies, terror, fair game and fraud wherein the victim is somehow tricked into telling their wins with grinning VGI's at each successive stage of the trap.

tommygormanxenu

when that would come in the mail i would read there wins because it was so funny all the bullshit the so called OT's would write. I still get a kick out of ready that stuff and laugh every time.
Tommy Gorman

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
If you want to find out what Hubbard did not want you to find out, read the works by the people freedom magazine demonizes...

That really WORKS!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip> The policies of L. Ron Hubbard are a sociopathic abomination. Scientology is a criminal monstrosity.

Why, thank you for posting this very eloquent and lucid post.. I was contemplating posting somehing along those lines.. Ah.. But I think I can't do any better than you did.. Well, exept reminding you that the cults real and full name is: The Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology!

:hattip:

Student of Trinity

I have a hard time understanding Freedom Magazine. No doubt some of the people it attacks really do have some embarrassments. Most people do. But FM is so over-the-top venomous, it reads like parody. Just who would really be influenced by this? Who is their target audience?

A while back I read some other CofS character assassination that described the target as 'a jailbird'. Jailbird? I guess maybe my grandmother would find that damning, but I just can't get past how quaint it sounds. When did people stop saying that? The 1960's, or was it a bit later?

Maybe the CofS is just out of date. Maybe its crude PR efforts were state of the art in the 1950's. Otherwise, it's just weird, how tone deaf they seem to be.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip> FM is so over-the-top venomous, it reads like parody. Just who would really be influenced by this? Who is their target audience?
That's easy.. Scientoloists are their target audience.. And all that rhetoric is applying and reminding of Hubbard's hatemongering and vindictiveness.. Policies re. the 'handling' of Supressive Persons.

They're inciting to strife and hate against their named enemies. To bolster their own 'esprit de' corps'.. Having enemies.. Scapegoat tech.. Hitler used it. Every single warlord and despot down through history did it.

:yes: